Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

The new Tornado sport jet

Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

The new Tornado sport jet

Old 08-07-2012, 06:17 PM
Jetfan20
My Feedback: (21)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: The new Tornado sport jet

Dblex, what's your point?
Old 08-07-2012, 06:19 PM
Dblex
My Feedback: (81)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

None, just stirring the pot......

It's my entertainment!

What was your point?
Old 08-07-2012, 10:50 PM
TimWatson
Banned

What happened top the Hurricane and oh yes the F16
Old 08-08-2012, 05:33 PM
TUMBLER
My Feedback: (13)

Just got word my V3 arrived! I emailed him at 9pm last week to see if he had any left. He said he had 1 more in the Navy scheme and sent me his number. I called him right away to order. Can't wait to get home from my business trip tomorrow and take a look. I didn't even want to mess around.....I ordered the whole package with a K80 kero from Henry and will build per his directions. I can't believe people complain about some loose formers and such. For what you get overall, it's a darn good deal! You can replace the whole airframe for a lot less than what a lot of other companies charge you to replace just a fuse.

Brian
Old 08-08-2012, 07:39 PM
Sparhawk

You know, i'm am so tired of hearing people talk about this and comparing the price of this jet with others. And saying its ok that the formers are loose. It its not. It is advertised as a jet arf, not a jet 'kit'. If you are going to do something, then do it right our not at all. I mean how hard is it to have a fuse made and glue the damn formers in right? Now at V3 and its still no better. I have no problem gluing in formers, but some people do. Just because the jet is priced at a bargain doesn't give Modelbau the right to sell bargain quality.

Jeez, I need a break from RCU.....
Old 08-08-2012, 09:51 PM
TimWatson
Banned

ORIGINAL: Sparhawk

You know, i'm am so tired of hearing people talk about this and comparing the price of this jet with others. And saying its ok that the formers are loose. It its not. It is advertised as a jet arf, not a jet 'kit'. If you are going to do something, then do it right our not at all. I mean how hard is it to have a fuse made and glue the damn formers in right? Now at V3 and its still no better. I have no problem gluing in formers, but some people do. Just because the jet is priced at a bargain doesn't give Modelbau the right to sell bargain quality.

Seems to be no control over the manufacturing process
Old 08-08-2012, 11:12 PM
ModellbauUK

On the V3 is everyone fixing the servos to the covers or direct to the model surface (wings/booms)?
Old 08-09-2012, 02:48 AM
funflyerf4
My Feedback: (6)

I glued wood mounts on the covers and also put a screw in to the mounts also.
Old 08-09-2012, 09:42 AM
ModellbauUK

ORIGINAL: funflyerf4

Nice and neat install which eases maintenance and adjustment

Nice to see the hinges pre cut and hinged on the V3

Couple of quid of hysol needed for the formers but really no big deal and easy to do
Old 08-09-2012, 10:05 AM
Dblex
My Feedback: (81)

I am interested in a smoke set up for mine now.

Any playing with smoke?????
Old 08-09-2012, 10:31 AM
TimWatson
Banned

ORIGINAL: ModellbauUK

Nice and neat install which eases maintenance and adjustment

Nice to see the hinges pre cut and hinged on the V3

Couole of quid of hysol needed for the formers but really no big deal and easy to do
Hysol. Indeed But why can't Henry's factory glue them in as they should. I wonder how well the wing is glued if they can't even glue in some formers. If this plane is supposed to be for a 22 lb turbine the glue needs to be good

Old 08-09-2012, 10:48 AM
TUMBLER
My Feedback: (13)

Well of course they should be glued in and I agree with you, but the fact of the matter is they are not and they have been selling them that way for a while now. Either you choose to accept things the way they are and buy as is or just don't buy it. I am a scratch builder so a little glueing and a couple mods is no big deal to me in order to save money and buy an "affordable" turbine. Other guys will pay more to get stuff done right out of the box and/or can't build if it is not an easy assembly process. To each his own.

ORIGINAL: Sparhawk

Old 08-09-2012, 12:25 PM
747junky

Honestly why is everybody complaining like a bunch of girls. I just paid 4k+ for a new BVM Bamdit and not one former was glued in and I had to do tons of work on an so called ARF. It need to be done and that's it. If you don't want to do work on a model get the hell out of the hobby. Stop complaining on here and build and go fly isn't thy what the hobby is about or is crying on a forum part of it to.
Old 08-09-2012, 12:29 PM
BaldEagel

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

The problem with smoke on a twin boom airframe is the amount of oil that gets into everything aft of the turbine, boom, servo's, tail ect, do it if you must, but just a word to the wise.

Mike
Old 08-09-2012, 01:54 PM
Jetfan20

747..You just bought a New BVM bandit ARF and the formers were not glued? Now you are saying BV doesn't take pride in his stuff too huh? I call you bluff on that one..As I have owned a BVM Bobcat. Are you getting paid by Modellbau to protect his imagine. BVM and Modellbau are in two different classes, Period!
Old 08-09-2012, 02:26 PM
747junky

Well mr. Jetfan you really should do some research before you make an ***** of ur self in front of your peers. Yes the new bandit ARF comes with no formers installed. Call BV him self and you will find that out. As a matter of fact neither does the Electra. You need to glue all of them. I'm not complaining about it but what all of you need to realize is that there is some work that needs to be done with any kit. It's a model airplane Jets are not bind and fly. I actually think that jets should only be kits so that will keep people who don't know how to build or do basic Maintaince away from 200 mph missles that can break if not built right. So Jetfan from your signature line you seem like somebody that really does not know much about anything, especially finances. Because if you did you would not have made a dumb comment like that. My 2 cents you can write back and argue your point but it will not be heard or answered by me because you don't deserve my time. Have fun. To everybody else happy flying this weekend.
Old 08-09-2012, 02:37 PM
ModellbauUK

ORIGINAL: BaldEagel

The problem with smoke on a twin boom airframe is the amount of oil that gets into everything aft of the turbine, boom, servo's, tail ect, do it if you must, but just a word to the wise.

Mike
Anyone know of an electric smoke generation system? I understood Area51 Distribution had one in development for electric models

Old 08-09-2012, 02:48 PM
funflyerf4

A shorted out lipo?
Old 08-09-2012, 03:14 PM
ModellbauUK

A shorted out lipo?
Very funny!

But there again isn't that exactly what this guys system includes?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qR-526ZOYmM&feature=youtube_gdata_player
Old 08-09-2012, 03:45 PM
aquaskiman
My Feedback: (46)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

So the BVM comes without formers in it. So you don't have to knock them out and re glue correct?
Old 08-09-2012, 04:09 PM
Xairflyer
My Feedback: (1)

No Excuse at all when this is version 3, very difficult to stop those china men from sticking things with flour and water
Old 08-09-2012, 04:27 PM
david robinson

I agree with everybody but I got my V3 and I did have to go over some formers with some glue I wish it was done for me but I only paid $499 not $2000 for a kit so I put up with no problem. The composite booms look great and tons of carbon. You really get what you pay for but for the money this kit is thumbs up. I keep this type of plane as a beater for everyday flying and it serves it's purpose. Kinda have to compare aPples to apples. Fly eagle kits cost thousands and they are built like crap and fall apart in the air but people still buy them. I own and swear by comp ARF and also just bought a F117 from Henry and it is great so you get what you pay for my 2 cents.
Old 08-09-2012, 04:37 PM
Jetfan20

747, Comparing BVM to Modellbau..The only similarities are the wheels and brakes and I think they got that idea from BVM. If people have a problem with a manufacturer other members need to be made aware of it. You are the only one that has supported this nonsense from Modellbau, well that lets us know how shallow you are. Was it because you accidentally got that new V3 upgrade kit? Do you feel obligated now?

As for the finance side of it, Well I guess my signature line touched a nerve. We know how you paid for that New Bandit, Did you get that CC statement yet? What a joke you are!

Now you can keep your dumb comments to yourself!

Old 08-09-2012, 04:50 PM
747junky

Your a silly man to comment about a credit card. Do you have any idea what 20 year 747-400 captain makes? If you did you would keep your mouth shut because of how stupid you would feel. Keep your comments to your self soul brother
Old 08-09-2012, 05:08 PM
Woketman

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Besides that, I buy EVERYTHING I can on my credit card so as to maximize my cash back dividend. I pay it off each month and get back well over $300 a year. I'd be a fool NOT to use the card!!!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2023 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.