Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

The new Tornado sport jet

Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

The new Tornado sport jet

Old 08-12-2012, 08:46 AM
aquaskiman
My Feedback: (46)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: The new Tornado sport jet

The way I look at it is, if Henry would be upfront about taking the falcon and upgrading a few things no one would have anything to complain about. But telling us that it is a new designed wing with the long gear still in it, then telling us that it was left that way so the struts would bend and not tare the landing gear mounts out, how about the crappy canopy just like the falcon or formers falling out, same crappy glue……..come on are we that stupid. Now on the V3 there have been some good improvements with the carbon fiber, but why still leave the falcon long gear in it. Anyone on the ball knows that Henry modifies the Falcon……… Great. But don’t lie about it. If someone was to get a Falcon and add the covering and carbon fiber it would cost about $300 add labor and you are at 400 to 500. So the price is not unreasonable.
Old 08-12-2012, 10:13 AM
TrueScale
My Feedback: (47)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ORIGINAL: gatorbait2

I can understand that, that's the stuff you have to deal with to import into Australia.
But the wholesale cost of the Flymodel Falcon 120, otherwise known as the Tornado, is about $110, which is why HobbyKing and others can sell it for $169 with no problem. The wholesale cost of a set of Springair retracts is under $100, you can call Bill Watton at Springair and confirm that, too.
Again, the Hurricane never flew. It is not flyable.
The F16 is a splash of the Cermark F16. The one that Henry showed in his thread was a Cermark F-16 he got from somewhere. And just now Flymodel has gotten around to having a moldmaker make a copy of it.

Gatorbait2 the Spring Air retracts for the plane are not $100 but $150. Not that big of deal but I want to correct that. I do know bill watton and talked to him a few minutes ago.
Old 08-12-2012, 11:42 AM
Reddogusa1
My Feedback: (6)

where can i buy Retracts for F-86D ? and not spend a arm and a leg for them.
Old 08-12-2012, 03:03 PM
Dieselman1220
My Feedback: (25)

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

I dont feel like Henry is being dishonest in the f16 thread he even said it was based on the discontinued cermark/tams f16
Old 08-12-2012, 04:05 PM
TimWatson
Banned

So Henry is a Blawk Pilot in the Air National Guard, Somthing in Hoeland Security, Has a business/Factory that makes Drones and also has a RC Jet business set up mainly to help us poor jet guys. Do we believe all that ?
Old 08-12-2012, 04:54 PM
Modellbau USA
My Feedback: (5)

Not sure what your trying to say there Tim you really dont want to start something personal with me. I can careless what everybody talks about the Tornado becuase people have purchsed hundreds of them and will do so in the future. If sales continue great if they dont I really dont care I tried to bring a inexpensive jet to the market thats all if it helps sombody out great if it doesnt thats fine two.

But nobody has any right to question my charecter or what I have done in my professional career. Lets get this straight I was a Federal Agent for the Department of Homeland Security Air & Marine division, yes I flew Black Hawks and several other Jets that we had. Before that I was Captain/ Check Airman on the B737-800 and 767 and know after leaving the Goverment due to conflict of interest becuase of a contract my company aquired with the GOV I own and operate Modellbau Inc. which is owner of Modellbau USA, MBA Turbines and UAV Flight Technologies. and to top all that off thanks to all the Tornado customers and all the money everbody thinks I make on these toys I opened and own Prestige Aviation an air charter company out of Ft. Lauderdale Executive which operates a Fleet of Lear Jets, Gulf Stream GIII, Challenger 601-3R and 2 Piper Navajo's. So yes Tim that is all true and here are a few pictures to shut your mouth

Here is a Brochure incase anbody might need our services
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Jh14785.jpg
Views:	42
Size:	52.7 KB
ID:	1791391   Click image for larger version

Name:	Oj26627.jpg
Views:	42
Size:	122.6 KB
ID:	1791392   Click image for larger version

Name:	Pn36952.jpg
Views:	39
Size:	82.9 KB
ID:	1791393   Click image for larger version

Name:	Yw67638.jpg
Views:	44
Size:	78.4 KB
ID:	1791394   Click image for larger version

Name:	Bz76840.jpg
Views:	50
Size:	49.0 KB
ID:	1791395  
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
Kh17398.pdf (1.64 MB, 55 views)
Old 08-12-2012, 06:45 PM
VF84sluggo
My Feedback: (55)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: Dblex

Keep doing the work for us Henry! They complain but don't make the effort you do to make a difference. It is easy to google and arm chair quaterback! But all the haters can hate!

And last I knew this is still is a free market society! keep making money, and putting a smile on your face! And mine!

Thanks for doing the work for us! My time is worth a lot more than sheeting a wing, changing the covering and making a mount.

For the record, my flying partner has a 120 and has put a lot more money and time making his turbine ready than I did. Tanks, mods, ect. This is a fact gentlemen.

Go Henry!!!!! Make money and enjoy! Forum trolls don't pay the bills!!!!!
+1...so it's a Falcon 120. BFD.

If the Tornado saves me all the time and hassle of having to make a Falcon 120 turbine-ready, it's worth it to me. To each his own.

Sluggo
Old 08-12-2012, 06:58 PM
Shaun Evans

ORIGINAL: Modellbau USA

Not sure what your trying to say there Tim you really dont want to start something personal with me. I can careless what everybody talks about the Tornado becuase people have purchsed hundreds of them and will do so in the future. If sales continue great if they dont I really dont care I tried to bring a inexpensive jet to the market thats all if it helps sombody out great if it doesnt thats fine two.

But nobody has any right to question my charecter or what I have done in my professional career. Lets get this straight I was a Federal Agent for the Department of Homeland Security Air & Marine division, yes I flew Black Hawks and several other Jets that we had. Before that I was Captain/ Check Airman on the B737-800 and 767 and know after leaving the Goverment due to conflict of interest becuase of a contract my company aquired with the GOV I own and operate Modellbau Inc. which is owner of Modellbau USA, MBA Turbines and UAV Flight Technologies. and to top all that off thanks to all the Tornado customers and all the money everbody thinks I make on these toys I opened and own Prestige Aviation an air charter company out of Ft. Lauderdale Executive which operates a Fleet of Lear Jets, Gulf Stream GIII, Challenger 601-3R and 2 Piper Navajo's. So yes Tim that is all true and here are a few pictures to shut your mouth

Well,

Back in the day, this kind of response (with the attached proof) would be what was called a "Whoop...there it is!"

I may not have been impressed with the F-86D, but I'm impressed with your resume, Henry. Thanks for your service.
Old 08-13-2012, 05:23 AM
PHall

I had a Falcon and just received my V3. It might have started as a Falcon but it is not a Falcon now. As soon as I picked up a wing I new then what I had. The Tornado is WELL WORTH THE MONEY. You can't buy it or similar anywhere else for any better price. The little work I will do to it is well worth the $1000+ that I saved.
Old 08-13-2012, 07:52 AM
TUMBLER
My Feedback: (13)

Yep. 4-5yrs ago I built a Falcon 120 with a Ram 750. The V3 is different. I just finished hinging mine and made up all the servo mounts. That takes a lot of time. Things should go faster now.

ORIGINAL: PHall

I had a Falcon and just received my V3. It might have started as a Falcon but it is not a Falcon now. As soon as I picked up a wing I new then what I had. The Tornado is WELL WORTH THE MONEY. You can't buy it or similar anywhere else for any better price. The little work I will do to it is well worth the $1000+ that I saved.
Old 08-13-2012, 10:59 AM
TimWatson
Banned

ORIGINAL: Modellbau USA

If you say so I am sure all you say is true.Who is anyone to question you

Old 08-13-2012, 11:24 AM
jlmaviation
My Feedback: (54)

I don't understand why there are all these post against Henry. The last time I checked he is living in the same country as I am and it is supposed to be free. Henry is a business man and doing well for himself and instead of encouraging it there are those that choose to bash him for it. Who cares where the Tornado comes from it works, it flys well and people are buying it . Here a suggestion if anyone thinks it is so easy go out and become a distributor for your version of the jet sell it for less since the profit margin is high anyway and control the quality from 3000 miles away. Do this and people will buy it. It is called competition. Otherwise leave the man alone . He has taken care of my items without question . Henry don't listen to the negatives assaults just keep marching forward and improve where you can and keep prices down. Ok flame suit on. Bring it.
Old 08-13-2012, 01:36 PM
Dieselman1220

Post deleted
Old 08-13-2012, 01:39 PM
BaldEagel

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Why don't you all give it a rest, just answering these negative posts gives them a life of their own, ignore them and they will go away, there is always the "Block" red hand at the bottom of each post you can use as well.

Mike
Old 08-13-2012, 02:57 PM
ModellbauUK

ORIGINAL: BaldEagel

Why don't you all give it a rest, just answering these negative posts gives them a life of their own, ignore them and they will go away, there is always the "Block" red hand at the bottom of each post you can use as well.

Mike
Hi Mike

How does the Block button work and who/when can you use it?

Never noticed it before.

Old 08-13-2012, 04:42 PM
TUMBLER
My Feedback: (13)

+1 It is annoying to get 10 emails alerts only to find a bunch of useless posts in the thread.

Why don't you all give it a rest, just answering these negative posts gives them a life of their own, ignore them and they will go away, there is always the ''Block'' red hand at the bottom of each post you can use as well.

Mike
Old 08-13-2012, 04:43 PM
cessna172av
My Feedback: (3)

+1
Old 08-13-2012, 11:40 PM
BaldEagel

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

ORIGINAL: ModellbauUK

Why don't you all give it a rest, just answering these negative posts gives them a life of their own, ignore them and they will go away, there is always the ''Block'' red hand at the bottom of each post you can use as well.

Mike
Hi Mike

How does the Block button work and who/when can you use it?

Never noticed it before.

Go to the posters, post and click on the red hand, in future you will not see their posts or get notification of them posting, only down side is it make some other posters replies irrelevant and sometimes puzzling.

Mike
Old 08-14-2012, 02:07 AM
ModellbauUK

Thanks Mike

Maybe useful
Old 08-14-2012, 09:18 AM
TimWatson
Banned

Yes that blocking feature is good for those people that only want to listen to those who have the same view as themself and can't take Critisism

If you block enough people you can just talk to yourself which is wonderful

Old 08-14-2012, 09:51 AM
ModellbauUK

Constructive criticism is always a good thing Tim and greatly received

Thank you
Old 08-14-2012, 10:36 AM
John Tancock

Hi Ian

Looking forwards to seeing Jamie’s V3 fly!

Quite fancy one myself!
Do they come unpainted as well?

John
Old 08-14-2012, 03:10 PM
TURBOMC
My Feedback: (7)

Come on TimWatson! You called the guy out by questioning the validity of his professional history and he flat out backed up his claims.Admityou were wrong to doubt him and move on. It's called being a man!
Old 08-14-2012, 03:46 PM
Dieselman1220

You guys do realize TimWatson is Dennis, aka bigplumbs or lumps or whatever who was banned for this kinda crap.....
Old 08-14-2012, 08:39 PM
ModellbauUK

ORIGINAL: Dieselman1220

You guys do realize TimWatson is Dennis, aka bigplumbs or lumps or whatever who was banned for this kinda crap.....
If that's the case I find that really creepy!

Very stalkerish!!!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.