Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Does anyone know David swantz

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Does anyone know David swantz

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2010, 05:23 PM
luckyy
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Does anyone know David swantz

hersheybar on rcu just stole 5000.00 for a jet I bought here on rcu. I sent him a bank check for 5000 plus 2000 for insurance. Got a hold of him after many calls and told me he shipped the plane but it got damaged he didn't know who the shipper was. Told me to bad for me hung up and won't answer the phone. I called my bank no help called police no help. This is the first time I have bought a anything on rcu and I feel like a real sucker. I did ask people if they knew him on rcu and I got positive feedback . I guess this gut stole his identity. Any help would be great . My cel is 772-971-9100 bill Squillace thanks. Sorry I'm on my sisters iPad and don't use it well. I meant 200 for shipping
Old 12-29-2010, 05:34 PM
FILE IFR

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Does anyone know David swantz

Wow Bill, that's a shot to the knees. Since you know his contact info, I wouldn't worry it to be a permanent loss on your end.

Good luck on a speedy 5.2 grand recovery from him.... should be no problem.

Old 12-29-2010, 05:39 PM
luckyy

I'm hopping someone knows him. I'm willing to pay to catch this guy I'm calling up a bounty hunter as last resort.
Old 12-29-2010, 11:58 PM
Joe C
My Feedback: (23)

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Dave S will rip you off, I sent him a Host Cess 172 with engine etc etc plus $1500.00 that was 6 years ago and never sent me my plane or gave me my money back, he stole from me, I would say app. $3500.00. He also ripped off from numerous people, dont ever give him a build job, he will steal from you. One day I will catch up with him.
Old 12-30-2010, 07:46 AM
Kwesdog

I know Dave personally and if I see him I will ask him. I have known him for years and hes always been a stand up guy so this is strange to see.

Harry
Old 12-30-2010, 08:27 AM
Shaun Evans

Wow!

Well, I certainly hope that all of the information in the original post turns out to be 100% accurate. Otherwise, the poster is opening himself up to liability for libel by posting names, addresses and charges all in the same post.

If it is accurate, how in the world is this stuff happening with people who have RCU accounts? Joe C, how come I've never heard about this guy from you before? It ought to be the tag line of your Best in the West banner! People like this should have their faces on an RCU billboard or even t-shirts....

I hope you get your money back. What exactly did the police tell you?
Old 12-30-2010, 09:43 AM
Joe C

ORIGINAL: Kwesdog

I know Dave personally and if I see him I will ask him. I have known him for years and hes always been a stand up guy so this is strange to see.

Harry
Harry,
Go ahead and ask him, but do you think he will say, yes Harry, I did exactly what they said of me on RCU, I dont think so, he is a theif and dont ever give him a build job, I would stay away from him, he is nothing but trouble
Old 12-30-2010, 09:53 AM
Joe C

Here you go:

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_85..._1/key_/tm.htm
Old 12-30-2010, 03:21 PM
Shaun Evans

Joe,

Indeed. Asked and answered, huh? You did just what you were supposed to do. Sucks you got attacked for it, but at least you tried. RCU really should have a section just for these discussions. People can warn people about scammers, and the alleged scammer can come in and tell his side, etc.
Old 12-30-2010, 05:51 PM
KFX450
My Feedback: (30)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Wow do I hate hearing this, I remember you asking on RCU before you sent check

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_10212522/tm.htm

I really hope you get it resolved..Sorry to hear this
Old 12-30-2010, 06:22 PM
GSR
My Feedback: (145)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Perhaps all those who vouched so strongly for him could intervene and help you out taking it to the bank and all. I know I would had I done the same , in fact I would be racked by guilt at MY honor being besmirched. Scotty
Old 12-30-2010, 06:50 PM
jason
My Feedback: (1)

ORIGINAL: GSR

Perhaps all those who vouched so strongly for him could intervene and help you out taking it to the bank and all. I know I would had I done the same , in fact I would be racked by guilt at MY honor being besmirched. Scotty
But only one guy said David S was trustworthy and he only spoke to him about doing some building for him and never actually got him to do the work. I bet Luckyy thought he was a good man before he sent him money too.

Jason
Old 12-31-2010, 12:48 PM
sticktickler

Guys contact your state attorney’s office about this guy, this is mail fraud which is a federal crime and a huge one considering the dollar value involved.
Old 12-31-2010, 02:54 PM
joeflyer
My Feedback: (48)

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

According to his membership profile "hersheybar" is a guy named Swanson in Elko, Michigan. He joined RCU in March 2010, has posted 14 classified ads in the past three months, and has zero feedback.

Looks suspicious.
Old 12-31-2010, 06:16 PM
SDCrashmaster

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

ORIGINAL: GSR

Scotty...your besmirching happened a long time ago bro :-)
Old 12-31-2010, 08:53 PM
rjbob
My Feedback: (8)

ORIGINAL: Kwesdog

Harry
I'm really looking forward to seeing what your buddy has to say.

I know Joe C personally and he would not have made an unmerited accusation.

SDCrashmaster & GSR, however, are both besmirchable.
Old 12-31-2010, 10:08 PM
basimpsn
My Feedback: (5)

ORIGINAL: joeflyer

According to his membership profile ''hersheybar'' is a guy named Swanson in Elko, Michigan. He joined RCU in March 2010, has posted 14 classified ads in the past three months, and has zero feedback.

Looks suspicious.
yikes Beav.....what if its David Schwantz's evil twin brother and is not a good human anymore.
I guess his evil twin showed up. Its sad that crooks are using this trustworthy forum to steal [&o]. There is another name to keep in mind guys. (chucks247)
Old 01-01-2011, 07:29 AM
Countryboy
My Feedback: (25)

http://www.rcuniverse.com/market/item.cfm?itemId=701491

I take it this transaction occurred after the add expired. How can you ship something and not know who the shipper is. Did David Schwantz offer any proof that it had been insured & shipped ? Hope you find recourse ... a 5 grand loss would be a tough pill to swallow ! Funny how his latest log in is today and I'm sure he has probably seen this thread, yet he is not trying to defend his name.
Old 01-01-2011, 02:48 PM
basimpsn
My Feedback: (5)

Can anybody ID these jets in this picture?
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Vt56666.jpg
Views:	109
Size:	20.1 KB
ID:	1540884  
Old 01-01-2011, 05:51 PM
luckyy

Im back from taking care of my mom. Thanks for all the help guys. I have gotten numerous calls from people who had the same thing happen to them. Also I have recieved some good advice on how to handle this matter. But most say I still will never recover the 5200 . So now I will try to find some cash recovery people. I guess I will let them keep all the money they recover. legally of corse. It will be the last jet that I will ever buy off the internet, I learnt my lesson. I hope this helps other people when buying. Yes I did ask about him before I sent the money See u guys at fl. jets
Old 01-01-2011, 05:55 PM
luckyy

ORIGINAL: basimpsn

Can anybody ID these jets in this picture?
Thats one of the pics he put here on rcu along with other jets. I was getting the lightning. I have had two of them before and never had good luck with the lightning , lockout and stupid fingers. Maybe Im noy so luckyy anymore
Old 01-01-2011, 06:03 PM
luckyy

We have a guy in our neck of the woods that does the same thing, everyone knows him and we stay away from him . Would you believe he still flys at the same feild and doesnt even care that he dupped so many locals
Old 01-01-2011, 06:25 PM
dubd

I remember this ad. I asked for pictures, but never got any. Did this guy send you photos of the plane? I've purchased many items on RCU and similar sites and haven't had a problem... yet. *knock on wood*
Old 01-01-2011, 06:39 PM
luckyy

ORIGINAL: dubd

I remember this ad. I asked for pictures, but never got any. Did this guy send you photos of the plane? I've purchased many items on RCU and similar sites and haven't had a problem... yet. *knock on wood*
Yes he mailed me pics. Thanks
Old 01-01-2011, 06:44 PM
Countryboy
My Feedback: (25)

If this is the way this David S. operates, then one might do best to steer clear of http://www.bdmodels.net/page4.html

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.