Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

China's J-20 Better Than F-22? Well I do not think so

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

China's J-20 Better Than F-22? Well I do not think so

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2011, 08:54 AM
Super Kupfer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: China's J-20 Better Than F-22? Well I do not think so

Not any time recently that's forsure, At least not in the last +40 years.

ORIGINAL: check6ii

ORIGINAL: Super Kupfer

Who cares what China has..........Bla,Bla,Bla.
When was the last time china was involved in a conflict.............They lack the american experience in war.
You need to study your history Sir! China has been in conflict for thousands of years. And quite successfully at that.
Old 01-18-2011, 10:37 AM
tp777fo
My Feedback: (28)

Received 126 Likes on 87 Posts

I'll bet some dude in China is whittling the plug as we speak. Wonder if it will be a twin or a bifricated pipe? For a plane that big it will need to 120 size motors at least for a twin or a 200 for a single. Hope the gear works.
Old 01-18-2011, 10:42 AM
Evil_Merlin
My Feedback: (13)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Anyone brining up the F/A-117 need to understand the plane was designed in the 1970's!

Anyways, what I cannot understand is why China is so far behind. They have been able to steal secrets from the US for decades now with ease. The J-20 looks as if it is a full half generation behind the F-22.
Old 01-18-2011, 10:56 AM
bambam102

ORIGINAL: Nhalyn

ORIGINAL: hsukaria
It seems like the Brits had an issue with straight lines. A lot of their planes had nothing but curves, the Spitfire, Vulcan, Concorde, all their wings had curvy lines. None of that straight line stuff!!!!
Well maybe, but you American have put too much of this straight line stuff in the F117 to make it beautiful and flying efficient !!!...[img][/img]
UMMMM have you ever heard anyone even an American say the f-117 was beautiful? the straight lines were for one specific purpose at that time.The Germans pioneered Rand D stealth, but The Americans pioneered "operational" stealth and took the lead in evolving it. As stealth develops, you notice shapes change.Looking at the Russian and Chinese offering, they closely follow our example. Even the french almost in an afterthought kind of way, plastered jagged edge panels anywhere they could on the rafale.
Old 01-18-2011, 11:10 AM
Super Kupfer

If the Americans had the F-117 in the 1970's, I wonder what they have right now that they keep from the public.

ORIGINAL: Evil_Merlin

Anyone brining up the F/A-117 need to understand the plane was designed in the 1970's!

Anyways, what I cannot understand is why China is so far behind. They have been able to steal secrets from the US for decades now with ease. The J-20 looks as if it is a full half generation behind the F-22.
Old 01-18-2011, 11:23 AM
Quikturn
My Feedback: (12)

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

[quote]ORIGINAL: Super Kupfer

If the Americans had the F-117 in the 1970's, I wonder what they have right now that they keep from the public.

[quote]ORIGINAL: Evil_Merlin

My guess would be stealth UCAVs, light (laser) weapons, hypersonic flight, etc...
Old 01-18-2011, 12:02 PM
psb667

The best solution for China would be for the U.S. to start manufacturing its own crap again then china wouldnt have any money to spend on weapons.
Old 01-18-2011, 12:28 PM
hsukaria

ORIGINAL: psb667

The best solution for China would be for the U.S. to start manufacturing its own crap again then china wouldnt have any money to spend on weapons.
Either that of find other countries with low cost wages, like we have been doing, Vietnam, India, there are so many to consider...

It's good to diversify!!
Old 01-18-2011, 01:56 PM
Access

It's not the plane, it's the pilot.

Many famous historical match-ups are like this. For instance, the MIG-15 vs. the F-86. Comparatively, they were relatively evenly matched, each some advantages over the other. Yet there were a whole lot more MIGs lost in combat than Sabres.
Old 01-18-2011, 02:02 PM
on_your_six
My Feedback: (11)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Our next generation will not even have pilots... so they are likely a decade or more behind us. Man cannot fly the Gs we can pull with UASs.
Old 01-18-2011, 05:30 PM
eddieC
My Feedback: (2)

Be nice to China, they"ll foreclose on US.
Oh, yeah? Well..., I'll just... I'll quit buying ARFs! Hah! That'll show 'em!!

One way to settle this debate: invite their best fighter jock and a J-20 to the next Red Flag. He could then defect (after losing), and we could 'examine' their bird, like the NYPD examined the Lincoln on 'The French Connection'.

Ed
Old 01-18-2011, 05:40 PM
Ram-bro
My Feedback: (101)

some of you have forgotten how the cold war was won.....itwas an economic war with relatively few shots fire. Now if we were to do the same with China, if we dont go to anactual shooting war, wewill be out spent, just like the Russians were,,,,just my .02
Old 01-18-2011, 06:02 PM
Quikturn

Very true Ram-bro. While the US is de-industrializing China is doing the opposite. Free trade sucks when you're competing against nations with a lower standard/cost of living not to mention more lax environmental pollution standards. We won't win an economic war with China at this point. Remember when when the sales pitch was that American companies must venture into China or miss out on the Chinese market? What a con that was.
Old 01-18-2011, 06:10 PM
Tcat1000
My Feedback: (34)

One thing you guys are forgetting.......................After watching the news about this subject, we all need to be aware of the fact that even if theirs are inferior to ours, it won't matter as they will have 1000 to our one! 1000 inferior to one superior............well you get the point.............

Now back to watching glue dry..................

Tcat
Old 01-18-2011, 06:24 PM
check6ii

ORIGINAL: Ram-bro

some of you have forgotten how the cold war was won.....itwas an economic war with relatively few shots fire. Now if we were to do the same with China, if we dont go to anactual shooting war, wewill be out spent, just like the Russians were,,,,just my .02
LMAO! Thats what I said essentially and the mods pulled it! So we are already headed down the path.....especially with censorship! But then again this community here is pretty CLICKY
Old 01-18-2011, 07:24 PM
cfircav8r
My Feedback: (1)

Stealth fighters are only usefull against sytems that are designed for 4th gen. and below fighters. As stated earlier they are not radar invisible only low observable. The real test will be in radar design, defense system capabilities and command and control systems. Radar can be enhanced through better algorithms, more sensitive detectors, and faster computers. The A/C do return some energy but current radar technology is not able to process it due to the software and hardware restrictions. China is fast becoming a leader in internet hacking and computer programming. If these skills are put towards improving the computer systems that control and analize radar signals they may well increase the range at which they can see our A/C. How stealth is used and how well you are prepared to defend against it is more important then actually having the best or the most. The F-35 is not nearly as stealthy as the F-22, but if used properly can be every bit as effective when deployed properly, and we are going to have a lot of those as will most of our allies.
Old 01-18-2011, 07:42 PM
GerKonig

ORIGINAL: check6ii

ORIGINAL: Ram-bro

LMAO! Thats what I said essentially and the mods pulled it! So we are already headed down the path.....especially with censorship! But then again this community here is pretty CLICKY
Currently the biggest economies are: (these are 2010 numbers)

European community (not one country really) 16 (use the number w/o units because it gets confusing. to compare, a 16 is sufficient)
USA 14 (biggest economy for one country, in the world, by very far)
China 5.7 (their growth rate is fast, unlike the rest)
Japan 5.4
Germany 3.3
France is next

This gives you an idea of the relative size of the biggest economies. Of course, China sells us a much more than what we sell them (true for many countries).

One has to remember also that all airplanes in most of China airspace are Stealth. Same as the birds, you cannot see "them suckers" because of the contamination in the air.

My plan to reduce China's growth: Send over MacDonald, and The Colonel (KFC),Taco Bell, Pizza Hut and the soda manufacturing companies. They (the Chinese) will get overweight fast (like us, but they are shorter, making the gain worst), and they die young of circularory problems. Send them also cheap cigarrettes, good for respiratory problems and great for cancer! Finally, keep purchasing crap from them, so they contaminate their air and country beyond repiar.

Caveat: when they have to get rid of poisonous stuff, they incorporate it in the products they sell us (like toys and things like that)...

Got a better plan, let's hear it:-)

Gerry

Old 01-18-2011, 07:50 PM
GerKonig

ORIGINAL: on_your_six

Our next generation will not even have pilots... so they are likely a decade or more behind us. Man cannot fly the Gs we can pull with UASs.
Apparently the Chinese are working on controling their Stealth airplanes via remote control, for the same reasons you comment here. Now here is the plan: We sell the Chinese Spectrum radios w/a small receiver battery for their new fighters. Then...

Gerry
Old 01-18-2011, 08:16 PM
RCJetBazz

China isn't becoming a military threat to the West, it already is. Come to think of it though, nothing to worry about, Ithink Iheard JetJoe powers the J20 with full before, during and after burner that gives out tons of signature.... and that's before a flameout.

ORIGINAL: GerKonig

ORIGINAL: on_your_six

Apparently the Chinese are working on controling their Stealth airplanes via remote control, for the same reasons you comment here. Now here is the plan: We sell the Chinese Spectrum radios w/a small receiver battery for their new fighters. Then...

Gerry
Old 01-18-2011, 08:45 PM
RCJetBazz

simply put, there's no competition for the J20 against a Raptor, but should never let off our guard on the Chinese
Old 01-18-2011, 08:52 PM
Quikturn

ORIGINAL: GerKonig

Now here is the plan: We sell the Chinese Spectrum radios w/a small receiver battery for their new fighters. Then...

Gerry

Hey, aren't they doing that to us already!?!?
Old 01-18-2011, 11:01 PM
meef rustler

F-22's are trash, that's why they are being replaced. No chinese plane would ever win. It's not the plane it's the pilot, in a dog fight yes it's partly the plane, but mostly the pilot's ability. Our pilots are very well trained.

And who cares if it's better than the f-22s, we are getting new aircraft. Stop looking at the f22, look at the f-35 that is going to replace it.
Old 01-18-2011, 11:46 PM
skyhawknut
My Feedback: (3)

F-22's are trash, that's why they are being replaced. No chinese plane would ever win. It's not the plane it's the pilot, in a dog fight yes it's partly the plane, but mostly the pilot's ability. Our pilots are very well trained.

And who cares if it's better than the f-22s, we are getting new aircraft. Stop looking at the f22, look at the f-35 that is going to replace it.
Out of all the dumb posts I've read here - that's gotta be the worst by far.
Old 01-19-2011, 12:05 AM
spode911
My Feedback: (4)

From what I can tell from the photos those big ass canards are going to compromise its radar signiture. Plus it does not have vectored thrust or supercruise,,, but I have heard this described as stealth bomber not a fighter. so comparisons between the two are kind of outlandish. I Used to think it would be A nuke strike or some kind of secret EMP weapen that china would use.. But Its going to be Us. Were just handing it over piece by piece.. While we all walk around aimlessly with our faces in a cell phone.. BRB got a text...
Old 01-19-2011, 03:40 AM
bambam102

ORIGINAL: skyhawknut

Out of all the dumb posts I've read here - that's gotta be the worst by far.
AMEN!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.