Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Hysol 9462-Making a group order. UPDATE- THREAD CLOSES AT 11:00PM CST TONIGHT!!!!

Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Hysol 9462-Making a group order. UPDATE- THREAD CLOSES AT 11:00PM CST TONIGHT!!!!

Old 08-06-2003, 07:57 PM
Kevin Greene
My Feedback: (85)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hysol 9462-Making a group order. UPDATE- THREAD CLOSES AT 11:00PM CST TONIGHT!!!!

A while back I was going to get a group order together for some Hysol/Loctite 9462. Due to my father having a heart attack and a tornado ripping through my area, I put the deal on hold. Now, I'm ready to get it together again.

Here's the deal----I can get 9462 for $5.91/cartirdge + tax/shipping.

The breakdown is this: For each case (10) it costs $3.00 to ship it to me from the distribution center. I'm then going to ship it out to you via Priority Mail for $3.85 for quantities 1-10 cartridges.

To make it easy I'm going to break this down to a cost that is for each cartridge, less the Priority Mail shipping.

After tax and the shipping costs from the distribution center the cost per cartridge is $6.80. Add $3.85 for Priority Mail shipping for each order up to one case. I'm going to do this by PayPal only. If you use a credit card to pay for this adhesive please add the proper credit card fees that PayPal charges. I'm not making a penny here so please be fair with me. Fees run about a $1.50/$40....

My PayPal address is: turbojet38305@yahoo.com

I'm going to cut this off and close this thread on the evening of Monday, August 11th.

Get it while you can!!!!!

Kevin
Old 08-06-2003, 09:20 PM
Kevin Greene

Default Status

Here is what I currently have and their status...

Name: Quantity: Status:

GSR 1/2 case Paid

Wekenav8r 1/2 case Paid

Sean Reit 1/2 case Paid
1 Pack Nozzles

Mike Weidner 1 case Paid

Bill Neudigate 1/2 case Paid

Craig Golema 1/2 case Paid

Topgun2mo 1 case Paid
2 packs of nozzles

Doug Cronkhite 1/2 case 9462 Paid
1/2 case 9460F

Robert Klenke 1/2 case Paid

Bill Zuke 8 cartridges Paid

Sung 3 cases Paid
(1 case to be 9460F)

Bill Eckel 1/2 case Paid

Matt 1 case (9460F) Paid

Bob Convery 1/2 case (9460F) Paid

Robert Radford 1 Case Paid

Scott Rais 1/2 Case (9460F) Paid
1 pack nozzles

Antony 1/2 Case Paid

Kevin
Old 08-06-2003, 10:06 PM
six shooter

Default Hysol 9462-Making a group order. UPDATE- THREAD CLOSES AT 11:00PM CST TONIGHT!!!!

No thanks, I can get it much more conveniently from BVM whenever I place a regular order for stuff.
Old 08-06-2003, 10:15 PM
Kevin Greene

At $13.95/cartridge---To each his own.....I can lead ya to water but I can't make ya drink. I'm not trying to put BV or anyone else out of business...Just trying to help some fellow modelers save some money. Anything wrong with that??? (I ain't makin' a dime here...Just being a nice guy.)

Kevin
Old 08-06-2003, 11:09 PM
six shooter

I ain't bashing you for your efforts, and appreciate you doing this for the modeling group. I'm just stating that it's more convenient, and doesn't cost me any more money, because I have to pay the shipping for the regular BV stuff other anyway.

Just a difference of opinion, If I order from a lot of different vendors, it cost me more time, and more shipping cost than if I can get most of what I need from a single vendor. The price may break even, but it's a lot less stress and effort on my part.
Old 08-07-2003, 12:25 AM
RAMFlyer
My Feedback: (65)

Kevin--Thanks for all the work. I really appreciate being able to save a buck here and there, and stretch my hobby money! Sent you an order.

Hope things have calmed down for you...

Bill
Old 08-07-2003, 12:26 AM
SDCrashmaster

Why even respond with a "no thanks" then? There's plenty of other oportunities to flaunt your BV loyalties. Why did it have to sneak into this thread? He's only concerned with knowing who WANTS to get in on the deal...not who DOESN'T.
Old 08-07-2003, 12:55 AM
Kevin Greene

Bill (RAMFlyer),

Thanks for your concern! For me, things have gotten better...I no longer have tarps on my roof to keep the rain out!!! The hail (tennis ball size) put major dents in my cars and gutters.

As for my father---he has to go back this monday for an angioplasty (sp?) to add to the stints they already put in. I think he'll be OK, though!!!

Kevin
Old 08-07-2003, 12:57 AM
six shooter

SDcrashmaster,

Why even post a response to this tread at all, since you don't have any alternatives to offer other than a dead end remark.
Old 08-07-2003, 01:28 AM
SDCrashmaster

Ya don't answer a question with a question. But since you did...
I think your remark served no purpose whatsoever, except to make sure everyone knows that you place regular orders with BVM...like that is something special. And I wasn't attempting to offer alternatives. He's already got the best alternative to AP going, right? Nor was it a deadend remark...it was a question. And one that was left very open-ended for your response. Answer at will. I could really care less. Just found it odd that the jist of the thread is "who wants in" not "who doesn't want in". Just curious...no bigee. You can holster that paintball gun, there ain't no battle ensuing here.
Old 08-07-2003, 01:43 AM
Kevin Greene

Default PayPal Fees

Something unexpected is coming up with paying by PayPal---On the 1/2 case orders they are popping us a fee of $1.40 for a "Transaction Fee" Same with the full case orders but it is $2.38. Please add this to your orders. If a transaction fee is not incurred with your order I will let you know and send you the difference back to you with your 9462. I thought that the only time a fee was imposed was if your PayPal account is tied to a credit card/debit card???

Kevin
Old 08-07-2003, 02:33 AM
Kevin Greene

Here is a tip on getting the most mileage from your nozzles---When finshed using the nozzle, use compressed air to push the remaining adhesive from the nozzle. Using a pair of needle nose pliers, pull the "mixer" out with the pliers. (The "mixer" is what I'm calling that corkscrew lookin' thing in the nozzle.) Take both and submerge them in a mason jar (or whatever) filled with laquer thinner, close the lid and give 'em a good shake and then let them soak a while. The adhesive will desolve enabling you to reuse the nozzles!!! Just slide the "mixer" back in before using.

Kevin

PS---The last time I checked I could not get a good price on nozzles...Not any better than most of you could. I'll call around tomorrow to see if this has changed.

Kevin
Old 08-07-2003, 05:28 AM
six shooter

Sean,

Look who talking about unconstructive ??? Your own friends have come online to tell you to pipe down with your unnecessary postings.

If you want sometime contructive, here we go. When cleaning the nozzles, it's not necessary to use compressed air to push out the unused glue from the nozzle, just take the nozzle apart, and drop the two peices in a jar of acetone, and shake. Save you an extra step, and aeropoxy splattered all over the wall.
Old 08-07-2003, 11:38 AM
aparchment

Default keep it fair

In all fairness to Rich (six shooter) although he enjoys controversy sometimes, and perhaps his initial post here was unnecessary; he has been very helpful to me over the years. Rich is a very accomplished modeler with several complex projects under his belt. Even the photos of his projects have been helpful to me and my friends.

Kevin I think it's great your taking the time to pull together this deal. I think your price per cartridge is getting pretty close to the price on McMaster Carr supply ($9.56 per cartridge), but you still have them beat by a couple of bucks. Since I need some more stuff from McMaster I think I will get a few tubes there, but thanks for the offer.

Wait -- I can't resist pulling Rich's leg on one thing -- Rich I thought you didn't reuse your Aeropoxy tips -- or were you speaking entirely hypothetically in your advice on how to clean them (which works like a charm by the way).

Antony
Old 08-07-2003, 12:50 PM
Gordon Mc
My Feedback: (11)

Okay guys - let's keep the thread on track about who wants in on Kevin's order, and drop the rest. I really don't wanna pull out the big Nuke Gun, but will reluctantly do so if you guys insist

Gordon
Old 08-07-2003, 06:49 PM
Kevin Greene

We're at $7.18/ cartridge shipped to your front door if you buy a full case. At $9.56 at McMaster/Carr you still need to factor on shipping/handling fees....Puts you right at $10 bucks a tube. If you buy a case from our deal you save $30 over McMaster/Carr!!! You save a little over $68 if you've been payin' $13.95!!!! That's a chunk of change!!!

I blow out my nozzles gently with air into a rag----No mess. This just removes excess glue so that my laquer thinner lasts a little longer.. I just realized I'm turning into the same frugal man my father is......

Kevin (the tight-wad)
Old 08-07-2003, 07:39 PM
six shooter

Gordon,

Don't you dare pull this thread! I'm holding that BVM tee shirt you won at St. George as a hostage. If you come up and fly at EBRC you can get your tee shirt.

Antony,

I don't normally pull my glue nozzles apart, but as you stated, I'm a modeler. I've pulled a few apart to clean them to see how the process works. I've also pulled a few of my turbines apart too to see how they work, yes I did re-assemble them, and ran fine. I've pulled my servos apart and reversed them too. Give me anything, and I'll pull it apart whether it needs fixing or not.

Kevin,

Honestly, I haven't tried the air pressure to the glue nozzle trick, maybe I'll try that next as an experiment, but I'll be sure to have a picture of Sean in front of the nozzle as I hit it with those 100 PSI of air .
Old 08-07-2003, 08:42 PM
Gordon Mc

Originally posted by six shooter
Gordon,

Don't you dare pull this thread! I'm holding that BVM tee shirt you won at St. George as a hostage. If you come up and fly at EBRC you can get your tee shirt.
Wot ?? I won a T-shirt 3 months ago and you didn't tell me ???? I sure hope you've washed it if you've been wearing it ! (Come to think of it - if you've been wearing it, it's about 12 sizes too small for me, so just keep it)

I'll try to come by EBRC one of these days. Right now it's hard getting time to fly anywhere. I hope to fly this Sunday, but if so that will be up at Tracy - I wouldn't want to fly the SB out at EBRC until I'm much more comfortable with it, and I can't fly the Bobcat right now - my P120 made some ugly noises last Sunday, and is now on its way back to Uncle Bob with two deformed vanes on the compressor.

Gordon
Old 08-08-2003, 01:34 PM
Adil Nasim
My Feedback: (61)

Default Wow! All that Glue

Hi Kevin,

That is a LOT of glue ! What are you going to do with all of it ?? People are going to wonder if you are building a F-15 or something ??

How's it going bud?

Regards,

Adil
Old 08-08-2003, 05:13 PM
Rojeck
My Feedback: (22)

Kevin,

I will take three cases, if my math is right it should be 30 tubes. By any chance, can you get the nozzles as well? I'll send you a USPS money order. Please email me you address to sung@bestway.org.

Thanks
Sung
Old 08-08-2003, 06:08 PM
sideshow

Does anyone know the shelf life of unopened tubes?
Old 08-08-2003, 06:37 PM
Kevin Greene

Default UPDATE ON SHELF LIFE!!!!

Hi everyone!!!

I looked at a cartridge of some 9462 that I bought eight months ago.

It said, "If stored at 77 degrees the expiration date is 06/2005"

That's over two years!!! Hope this answers your questions/concerns about shelf life.

Kevin
Old 08-08-2003, 06:39 PM
seanreit
My Feedback: (60)

Originally posted by sideshow
Does anyone know the shelf life of unopened tubes?
I just received a brand new tube from Mcmaster three days ago. It says "Use by 10/31/05 when stored at 77 Degrees F"
Old 08-08-2003, 07:04 PM
Kevin Greene

Sung,

The money order will be OK but please get it to me via Postal Priority (2/3 day) mail. I'm not going to place the order until I have everyones money in hand and I don't want to keep the others waiting on checks to come in. I hope that you understand. I'll send you a PM and an E-mail to be sure you get this message and my address.

Kevin
Old 08-08-2003, 07:32 PM
bill zuke
My Feedback: (2)

can someone give a little info on the diff. between
the aeropoxy type adhesive and the stuff like hangar 9 epoxy???

thanx, bill

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.