Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Habu 32T verses Habu 32 EDF

Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Habu 32T verses Habu 32 EDF

Old 04-06-2011, 07:49 AM
Dave Wilshere

Received 732 Likes on 528 Posts
Default Habu 32T verses Habu 32 EDF

I'm in the lucky position of having both Habu model types to fly. I borrowed Horizon Hobby UK's EDF model for our Jet Modellers AGM and joked to them that I may as well fly it...

I've only had a couple of flights, as I'm on one set of cells until I get more EC5 connectors, but thought it might be interesting to compare both. I've flown both on the same day and today I had to go and test fly a wood/nylon covered [X(] model for a customer, so took to EDF model for a blast. Unfortunately no photographer today, so a couple of TO shots from my son on Sunday.

The take off run on the EDF model is actually slightly less than the Turbine, dry weights are 3050 for my Turbine and 3211g for this EDF, so the T is slightly heavier at TO and lighter on landing! The ground acceleration is slightly faster with the EDF model and take-off run shorter. In the air, speed is similar, I'd say my turbine model is slightly faster and certainly has more vertical. I'm running the E Flight 6s 5000 30c cells, but will try TP 5000 45c packs soon.

Landings I can't tell the difference, the EDF has less residual, so chopping the power completely does slow it up and landings in anything over a 5 knot wind could easily be on a 45-50m (135-
150') strip.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	hf99180.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	450.8 KB
ID:	1590131   Click image for larger version

Name:	tq48501.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	439.7 KB
ID:	1590132  
Old 04-06-2011, 09:00 AM
BaldEagel

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default RE: Habu 32T verses Habu 32 EDF

Dave

Interesting, but you are just showing off that you have two Habu's and they have not arrived in the UK yet, that's mean.

Is the E-flight fan and motor that comes with the EDF Habu available?

Mike
Old 04-06-2011, 09:02 AM
Dave Wilshere

Received 732 Likes on 528 Posts
Default RE: Habu 32T verses Habu 32 EDF

Mike

Only about a week now ;-)

Yes, in stock and on our site...

Dave