Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

C-ARF Mig 29 C of G

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

C-ARF Mig 29 C of G

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2011, 05:34 AM
Craig B.

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default C-ARF Mig 29 C of G

Hi Guys,

Can anyone on here please give me the correct C of G and control throws for the Mig 29 from Comp-ARF?

Thanks in advance guys.

Craig.

Old 05-08-2011, 10:22 AM
Ro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: C-ARF Mig 29 C of G

should be right at the front base of the chaff dispenser.

very best,
Ro
Old 05-09-2011, 04:44 AM
Craig B.

Hi Ro!

How you doing? Long time since I have heard from you. Have you still got your Mig or did you sell it?

So just to be clear on the c of g, that would put it about 45mm forward of the front of the front wing spar?? That sound right? I am assuming I have glued my fins and therefore chaff dispensers on in the correct position!

Good to hear from you and thanks for the help. You have any info on the control throws?

Kind regards,

Craig.
Old 05-13-2011, 04:29 AM
Craig B.

Anyone have ny control throw info?

Old 05-13-2011, 05:00 AM
LGM Graphix
My Feedback: (22)

Received 59 Likes on 41 Posts

I'll check the manual but I don't think it lists anything
Old 05-13-2011, 08:27 AM
Craig B.

Thanks Jeremy. I could not find any mention of it in my manual. BTW, have you tried fitting your fuel tanks yet, specifically the ones that fit between the wing spars? Was working on my gear install tonight. Man, most of the holes are way out of place. Looks like I will be punching most of those blind nuts out and repositioning them. What fun!

Thanks,

Craig.
Old 05-13-2011, 03:09 PM
David Gladwin

Received 143 Likes on 92 Posts

The correct C of G as given to me by Marc Frohen is 3.3 cm forward of the forward edge of the wing tube. Travels, all you can get with say 30 % expo to soften centre response.

Mine flew beautifully (and will fly again after completing some engineering changes) ) at those settings.

Regards,

David.
Old 05-13-2011, 09:31 PM
Craig B.

Thanks David, that is a great help. I have been fitting the main gear in place. Pity none of the holes are in the right place for the mounting brackets!
Old 05-14-2011, 07:27 AM
LGM Graphix
My Feedback: (22)

Received 59 Likes on 41 Posts

ORIGINAL: Craig B.

Thanks Jeremy. I could not find any mention of it in my manual. BTW, have you tried fitting your fuel tanks yet, specifically the ones that fit between the wing spars? Was working on my gear install tonight. Man, most of the holes are way out of place. Looks like I will be punching most of those blind nuts out and repositioning them. What fun!

Thanks,

Craig.

Hi Craig,
Yes I have fitted the fuel tanks, they are a major pain in the ass to put in though. To start with, both of them needed to have about 3/4" if I recall correctly removed from their height before I joined them. The one that fits under the wing spar definitely needs to be cut down simply to fit, and it must be installed through the rear nacelle opening. The front tank has to be cut down so that it can fit through the nose gear opening, I made the nose gear hinges removable as you cannot put the tank in if the doors/hinges are on. The tanks also had countless pinholes in them, I ended up sanding the outside of the tanks and saturating them with resin again and a layer of .5oz cloth to get them to finally seal.
As for the gear, I thought they holes were way out of place until finally after hours of fighting, everything just kind of popped into place. I did drill the holes in the aluminum blocks a little bigger to allow for a bit more adjustment. Once they blocks were bolted down tight I glued in strips of plywood around the aluminum blocks so that they could never slip out of alignment. However, I then discovered that the strips of plywood were to thick and I couldn't take the blocks out easily never mind put them back in. It is one of those landing gears that you look at and thing, this thing is a really neat piece of crap! Once the gear is in, you'll probably have to grind the outer aluminum block on the outside edge to allow the cylinder to clear it in the retracted position as well. I spent probably 30 hours in total trying to get the geometry correct on the main landing gear and then trying to get it all to fit in the fuselage without having the wheel hit the top of the fuse.....