Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

JetCat USA 5-Star Service

Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

JetCat USA 5-Star Service

Old 06-24-2011, 10:39 AM
STKNRUD

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default JetCat USA 5-Star Service

Recently I needed to calibrate my JetCat for a higher ambient temp and altitude operation. My call to JetCat USA was immediately answered and the GSU inputs were provided to me while I made the entries into the ECU and ran the engine to confirm them.

On reflection, I realized I had come to expect this kind of support. On every other occasion, without exception, I have gotten the same excellent support which is invaluable to me especially considering preparation time and distance we travel to fly. Also, Bob Wilcox is one of the most available and helpful business owners I have meet in and out of this hobby. I have never caught him having a “bad day”. Kudos to Bob, Scott and Joe.

George
Old 06-24-2011, 11:25 AM
bevar
My Feedback: (27)

Default RE: JetCat USA 5-Star Service

I'm a new Jetcat customer and have to agree. With my new Turbo prop, when I got it installed and was ready to do the purging and final setup I called Bob and he ran me thru the steps in a jiffy. It was really quick and simple. No calls to Germany to confirm what to do, how to do it ETC...just "OK...this is what I want you to do". That was that...I hit the make noise button and bingo...it was running. I called the next day with a couple of questions after flying and Scott had every answer I was looking for...clear, concise and effortless. I could not be happier.

Thanks Guys,

Beave [8D]

Old 06-24-2011, 11:35 AM
Gonzalo38

ORIGINAL: bevar

I'm a new Jetcat customer and have to agree. With my new Turbo prop, when I got it installed and was ready to do the purging and final setup I called Bob and he ran me thru the steps in a jiffy. It was really quick and simple. No calls to Germany to confirm what to do, how to do it ETC...just ''OK...this is what I want you to do''. That was that...I hit the make noise button and bingo...it was running. I called the next day with a couple of questions after flying and Scott had every answer I was looking for...clear, concise and effortless. I could not be happier.

Thanks Guys,

Beave [8D]
Good to know that you are happy customer......... but where's the video ?
Old 06-24-2011, 12:12 PM
CraigG
My Feedback: (40)

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts

Same good service for me. I discoverd some FOD damage on one of my A-10 P-120's last weeked while prepping for KY jets. Figured there was no way to get it fixed before the event but went ahead and FedEx'd it to JetCat. Scott got the engine late Monday, repaired it, ran it Tuesday morning and shipped it back out! Didn't even have to ship it overnight since it will get here in plenty of time by ground.

Thanks guys!
Old 06-24-2011, 01:21 PM
Eddie P
My Feedback: (4)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I just have to join in and give kudos to Bob and the gang at JC USA. Great team! They really are there to help after the sale - no hidden agendas, no ego trips, no nonsense at all. It's always been about the customer and I suspect that comes from from the top with Bob Wilcox and those whom he has surrounded himself with.

I've only owned Jetcat and Wren so I'm not trying to say anything other than "good job" to a good crew. I really am super happy with my Wren USA service too - but I have to give major shout outs to Bob and the boys due to all their support over the years.
Old 06-24-2011, 01:53 PM
rcjets_63

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I've always gotten great service out of JetCat. Awesome service! Thanks Bob and team.

Jim
Old 06-24-2011, 02:27 PM
luv2flyrc
My Feedback: (6)

ORIGINAL: CraigG

Same good service for me. I discoverd some FOD damage on one of my A-10 P-120's last weeked while prepping for KY jets. Figured there was no way to get it fixed before the event but went ahead and FedEx'd it to JetCat. Scott got the engine late Monday, repaired it, ran it Tuesday morning and shipped it back out! Didn't even have to ship it overnight since it will get here in plenty of time by ground.

Thanks guys!
Glad you belong to the priority club. My engine got there on a Tuesday, was repaired quickly but, sat on the shipping table for over a week. I called Scott 3 times to get him to ship it back, then he gives it to Bob without the included paperwork and it ships to the wrong address.

Yes, Bob has always been fantastic in helping on the phone.

Old 06-24-2011, 05:48 PM
Joe C
My Feedback: (23)

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Jetcat and Bob W are top notch, I dont think there is a better service or engine on the market. (We don"t need life time warranty)
Old 06-24-2011, 07:45 PM
rcjets_63

That's right, we don't need no stinkin' lifetime warranty

Jim
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Zw69356.jpg
Views:	20
Size:	48.6 KB
ID:	1627338  
Old 06-24-2011, 10:42 PM
dubd

Bob has been an invaluable resource to me. He has ALWAYS provided me with great support and is the benchmark IMO. Oh, and he doesn't talk s/// about other turbine manufacturers.
Old 06-25-2011, 03:02 AM
luv2flyrc

ORIGINAL: Joe C

Jetcat and Bob W are top notch, I dont think there is a better service or engine on the market. (We don''t need life time warranty)
Why Joe? Do they never break? Out of my 3 Jetcats, I've had a P-80SE self destruct @7hrs , P-120SX internal igniter go @ 3hrs . I'm seeing the value in a lifetime warranty.

Mike
Old 06-25-2011, 04:09 AM
Vincent
My Feedback: (61)

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

ORIGINAL: luv2flyrc

Jetcat and Bob W are top notch, I dont think there is a better service or engine on the market. (We don''t need life time warranty)
Why Joe? Do they never break? Out of my 3 Jetcats, I've had a P-80SE self destruct @7hrs , P-120SX internal igniter go @ 3hrs . I'm seeing the value in a lifetime warranty.

Mike
Mike,
Did Bob warranty those motor repairs??
Vin..
Old 06-25-2011, 04:33 AM
luv2flyrc

ORIGINAL: Vincent

Mike
Mike,
Did Bob warranty those motor repairs??
Vin..
Yes Vince, the motor's were within the warranty period when they broke and Bob looked after them. Don't get me wrong, I love my Jetcats, I'm not slagging the company but, like anything mechanical they can break, they're not infallible. So, to imply that "you don't need a lifetime warranty" suggests that they never break and is obviously a shot at Jet Central. This is my last season of warranty on both engines so, if something goes next year it's on my dime even though they're low time engines

Mike
Old 06-25-2011, 04:46 AM
bevar

FWIW...

King Tech, Evo Jet, IQ Hammer and who else all have lifetime warranties also. I think Joe was being funny (as in humor) when he made the comment. My comment and others obviously are aimed at the instant knowledge bank that is accessible when you do call Jet Cat USA. No shuck and jive, no soft shoe...just straight answers and the info you need instantly and on the spot.

Beave

Yes Vince, the motor's were within the warranty period when they broke and Bob looked after them. Don't get me wrong, I love my Jetcats, I'm not slagging the company but, like anything mechanical they can break, they're not infallible. So, to imply that ''you don't need a lifetime warranty'' suggests that they never break and is obviously a shot at Jet Central. This is my last season of warranty on both engines so, if something goes next year it's on my dime even though they're low time engines

Mike
Old 06-25-2011, 08:46 AM
Joe C
My Feedback: (23)

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Mike
I am glad you are seeing the value
Old 06-25-2011, 09:00 AM
FalconWings
My Feedback: (57)

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

I do agree with you all that Jetcat disserves some level of recognition, but why label it 5 stars for doing their work?

Common people, wake up and demand costumer service. With the chinese product invasion we will face you'll start calling 5 star when you actually receive a product after ordering it.

Lets identify what should be the norm and what should be the exception.
Old 06-25-2011, 10:15 AM
RCFlyerDan
My Feedback: (54)

Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

ORIGINAL: CraigG

Thanks guys!
Glad you belong to the priority club. My engine got there on a Tuesday, was repaired quickly but, sat on the shipping table for over a week. I called Scott 3 times to get him to ship it back, then he gives it to Bob without the included paperwork and it ships to the wrong address.

Yes, Bob has always been fantastic in helping on the phone.

I have owned a couple JetCat engines. Two of them NIB. None needed anything, until my current P120 Internal Kero start. I had issues between the two ECUs on it when I would transfer the engine to the other jet. Both ECU total times didn't match each other on engines swaps. Bob is excellent, but I worry what happens when he isn't around. Myself, and one of my student's hasn't had the greatest luck on the phone with anyone but Bob. Questions that a tech should know, like size of battery for a certain engine. My compressor failed around the 15th hour of running. Chatted with another guy that had the same thing happen to his in the last 6 months. Engine had never been wrecked, so original since new. Sent it into them, they put a new compressor wheel on, made some adjustments, sent the engine back to me. Said they ran it, but on first start, at idle, it sat there a "popped" with blue flame coming out every time it popped. When looking up the tail pipe, you could see the blue flame at the 10 O'clock postion. Had to send it back again.......missed two jet events due to these issues, and the day it failed, was at another jet event, where even a Jet Cat rep was there, and knew that I didn't do anything to it. In my humble opinion, it should have never been sent back to the customer the first time, so that I didn't have to return it for the second time and more down time. Now, I will say, that it runs perfect now, and starts every day, so there is something to say about great reliability of the engine. I don't like a company where it is kind of a one man show. If that man is gone, then so it your products reliability. I got stung on a BME engine when the owner became ill and couldn't run the business. My BME engine became junk, because it couldn't be repaired. This is why I only own DA engines on my gas side of the hobby. True, we can send the Jet Cat to Germany, so there is a fall back. But, right now, I need another engine, and I am not sure that I will stay with a Jet Cat.
Old 06-25-2011, 11:47 AM
STKNRUD

ORIGINAL: FalconWings

I do agree with you all that Jetcat disserves some level of recognition, but why label it 5 stars for doing their work?

Common people, wake up and demand costumer service. With the chinese product invasion we will face you'll start calling 5 star when you actually receive a product after ordering it.

Lets identify what should be the norm and what should be the exception.
What good does it do for you, without seeming to have a complaint with JetCat USA, to be critical of those that have gotten exceptional service from them or anyone else for that matter? Maybe you just do not like to hear good reports.

I have never had to "demand" customer service from JetCat. From my experience they deserve the rating I gave them but if it would make you happy, I would lower it to a 5-. I have not and would not give kudos for the service and products I have received from China but my post was not about China or their "product invasion". Perhaps you and a couple others have not had the same experience I have. Sh&^ happens and sometimes things fall through the cracks in the best of companies. But maybe you would not have such low expectations if you recognized and appreciated really good service when you receive it. And maybe other sellers and service companies would aspire to the kudos that you gave to their competition.

I will "wake-up and demand good service" when I do NOT get it. But I have gotten exceptional service from JetCat USA and that was the sole purpose of my post.

George
Old 06-25-2011, 12:40 PM
FalconWings

George, you are missing my point. There are no hidden agendas as I am a Jetcat costumer too, and a happy one.

What I'm saying is, lets make it very clear what should be the norm and what should be considered exceptional. I am happy that you were able to resolve your issue, and Jetcat is very hepful at that, but based on your description, was the service you got really exceptional or was it the standard service you would expect? What made it 5 star?

Believe me I like good reports and I also act on them. I also like to know the source of the information. My expectation is not low, it is standard.

David
Old 06-25-2011, 01:12 PM
STKNRUD

ORIGINAL: FalconWings

George, you are missing my point. There are no hidden agendas as I am a Jetcat costumer too, and a happy one.

What I'm saying is, lets make it very clear what should be the norm and what should be considered exceptional. I am happy that you were able to resolve your issue, and Jetcat is very hepful at that, but based on your description, was the service you got really exceptional or was it the standard service you would expect? What made it 5 star?

Believe me I like good reports and I also act on them. I also like to know the source of the information. My expectation is not low, it is standard.

David
David,

I am not missing your point.

Yes, my service level from JetCat USA, recent and past (re read my post as I referred to both), is exceptional. And I didn't "have an issue that was resolved". I didn't know how to adjust the ECU settings for temp and altitude and I got phone assistance while I sat at the field next to plane running the engine. That, and a lot of other previous experiences I have had with Bob and his crew, is why I felt they deserved the praise I gave them.

If you haven't had the same service level experience, that is fine. But don't grade mine and infer that I need to "wake-up and demand good service". You were inappropriately judging my experience and my assessment of the service I have received. Make your own assessment based on your experience...not mine. That is my point.

George
Old 06-25-2011, 01:50 PM
FalconWings

I guess we agree to disagree then Not a problem.

Based on your post, in my perspective you received what I, and I guess others, would percieve as standard service which happens to be good. Had I not received it like yoy did, I would have demanded it. I guess it is something very subjective.

And please dont feel like I am judging you, but it was you that posted that excellent rating, so do expect bystanders to ask you what you based it upon, otherwise it only serves you and Jetcat.

Clear of the active, taxing to parking.
Old 06-25-2011, 03:16 PM
Joe Dirr
My Feedback: (8)

George,

I think it’s great that you took some time to publicly recognize Jet Cat for their outstanding customer service; personal testimonies regarding products and services go a long way in helping others make decisions among brands.

In 2008, I chose Jet Cat for my first turbine (P160 Titan) because of the overwhelming dominance; at least in the US; it seemed everyone had a Jet Cat turbine and companies like BVM endorsed only Jet Cat.

Jet Cat Customer Service; To the Point and Blunt!
If you’re dealing directly with Bob Wilcox you WILL receive excellent customer service! Every personal interaction that I’ve had with Bob has been great; Bob offers the highest level of technical service, takes a personal interest in helping the customer resolve the problem, is friendly and does NOT seem to discriminate; every customer gets VIP treatment. IMO.

If however, you’re dealing with ANYONE else at Jet Cat; it seems to be a crap-shoot in terms of the ’kind’ of customer service you might receive. This is based upon personal experience and the testimonies that I’ve heard from others.

Summary:

* I’m a big fan of the product; the design is good and the electronics are excellent!
* Customer Service; see above.
* Would I purchase another Jet Cat? TBD!

Joe
Old 06-26-2011, 03:59 AM
rolsen12

THE ONLY PROBLEM THAT i HAVE WITH MY JETCATS IS THAT THEYJUST KEEP RUNNING AND RUNNING AND RUNNING, SO WHO NEEDS A LIFETIME WARRENTY? i WILL BE DEAD BEFORE I NEED THAT
Old 06-26-2011, 05:34 AM
bevar

You know...David has a point in a way. It seems that many have become used to receiving BS, excuses, disinformation and "I'll call you back later" ETC when contacting their reps for service or questions from many vendors...not just turbine manufacturers. That had become the standard for me and it seems like quite a few others, so naturally when actually calling in with a question or help and receiving everything you were looking for and more made it stand out.

That is why I am so happy with Andy Kane at CARF, Jetcat, Chad at Sin City and BVM. You call with what ever...get your answers, parts ETC and move on...end of story.

It is really sad, but with the proliferation of junk being dumped on us from China and elsewhere...substandard has become the new standard and standard has become exemplary IMO.

Beave
Old 06-26-2011, 07:35 AM
STKNRUD

The whole and only point to my post was to give recognition to the great service I have received from JetCat. When I get that kind of service, I say "outstanding....thank you...great job". If I don't, I spend my money elsewhere. We all want great service to be the the "standard" but that is not inconsistent with acknowledging it and saying "great job" when you get it.

As for the junk in this hobby....we have all been pretty vocal about that haven't we? I think there is room for some kudos once-in-awhile.

George

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.