Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Maj. Woody's X-Treme Jets F-4C Phantom

Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Maj. Woody's X-Treme Jets F-4C Phantom

Old 12-22-2020, 04:37 AM
airborn900
My Feedback: (25)

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by F16Jeff View Post
Here are the ones I ordered for my F4e. They are 100mm.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01CJKFQ7U...p_mob_ap_share

very nice!! Are they good and bright? Easy to see in the sky during the day?
Old 12-22-2020, 08:31 PM
F16Jeff
My Feedback: (11)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by airborn900 View Post
very nice!! Are they good and bright? Easy to see in the sky during the day?
They are very bright. Since I only had one take off with my F4, I do not remember how bright they are during the day. MY F4 never made it back from maiden. I have a replacement on the way and I wil be putting the lights in again.
Old 02-17-2021, 03:47 PM
airborn900

On the F-4, do the gear doors stay open or do they close after the gear comes down?
Old 02-17-2021, 05:22 PM
rhklenke
My Feedback: (24)

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by airborn900 View Post
On the F-4, do the gear doors stay open or do they close after the gear comes down?
On the F-4, the gear doors stay open...

Bob
Old 02-17-2021, 06:32 PM
airborn900

Originally Posted by rhklenke View Post
On the F-4, the gear doors stay open...

Bob
thank you

Old 03-21-2021, 02:21 PM
dionysusbacchus

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey guys, long time no post, I found a good pilot for this plane. The file is in 1/6 scale but it 3D prints at the scale we need. Here is the link to the file: 3D Jet Pilot
I sized it to print at 60% and it fits perfect. As you can see it comes with 3 different heads and a detached right arm. I just ground the large seam off the side of the flight suit and printed the one without the parachute.

Some mods are needed obviously to the cockpit, the front cockpit is tight. You can see that the front ejection seat is recessed into the back seater dash, I will cut and replace the front of the dash with some balsa, this is the test fit picture.

See how the ejection seat fits into the rear dash? Also the seat needs about 1/4" sanded off so the pilot sits low enough.

Last edited by dionysusbacchus; 03-21-2021 at 02:23 PM. Reason: fix link
Old 03-23-2021, 05:39 AM
F16Jeff
My Feedback: (11)

Originally Posted by dionysusbacchus View Post
Hey guys, long time no post, I found a good pilot for this plane. The file is in 1/6 scale but it 3D prints at the scale we need. Here is the link to the file: 3D Jet Pilot
I sized it to print at 60% and it fits perfect. As you can see it comes with 3 different heads and a detached right arm. I just ground the large seam off the side of the flight suit and printed the one without the parachute.

Some mods are needed obviously to the cockpit, the front cockpit is tight. You can see that the front ejection seat is recessed into the back seater dash, I will cut and replace the front of the dash with some balsa, this is the test fit picture.

See how the ejection seat fits into the rear dash? Also the seat needs about 1/4" sanded off so the pilot sits low enough.
Thank you for the link. I will check it out. Still waiting on my replacement F4e. Should be here next month. .
Old 04-04-2021, 06:39 AM
F4F

dionysusbacchus
Nice paint job aswell. Whats the actual seat hight with helmet and shoulder width of that pilots? Did you lowered the floor or removed the seat cushion? Thanks