Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Airpower News!! FYI...

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Airpower News!! FYI...

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2011, 10:52 AM
lov2flyrc
My Feedback: (24)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Airpower News!! FYI...

Hi Guys…..

As some of you may know, I have been working with and dealing Airpower products for over 10 years now. Together, Dirk and I have worked tirelessly to provide high quality, innovative, reliable and affordable products to the jet accessory market.

Unfortunately; earlier this year, some serious personal problems fell upon Dirk which affected both his personal and business dealings. For numerous months, his focus has been on regaining control of his life. Customers have had a difficult if not impossible time getting in touch with Dirk and orders / inquiries went unfulfilled / unanswered.

Thankfully, Dirk is back with 110% focus on the business and there are some major changes taking place to assure Airpower Models continues to grow and provide you with the best, most innovative jet model product accessories on the market!

So what are the changes? As of today, I am officially a partner in Airpower Models and managing director of Sales, Distribution and Development for the company. Please allow a little extra patience while we ramp things back up. All current QC issues are being addressed and inventory is back in production. We have some fantastic new products about to be released and even more in development!

All consumer product and dealer inquiries should temporarily be directed to [email protected]. We will have a direct email link on the Airpower website established shortly.

We look forward to handling your needs….
Todd Witkoff
Dreamworks Model Products
AirPower Models

Old 09-06-2011, 11:21 AM
rhklenke

Received 34 Likes on 21 Posts
Default RE: Airpower News!! FYI...

Todd,

That is great news, I hope it works out. I really like the Airpower wheels - solid tires with positive grip by the hub (no spinning off), they look good, the brakes work well, and the price is reasonable. Please endeavor to keep those in the lineup for those of us who (occasionally) build a non-ARF plane that we need wheels for.

Thanks,
Bob
Old 09-06-2011, 11:24 AM
ianober
My Feedback: (12)

Great stuff Todd. Question, will you be carrying the complete line of Airpower products sometime in the future? I ask because I have not seen their sequencer (EV-SQ1), among other items, on your site.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ca81871.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	35.7 KB
ID:	1658972  
Old 09-06-2011, 11:39 AM
lov2flyrc

Some items are being phased out, mostly low volume sellers.... Everything else will be stocked here.
Ian, the EV-SQ1 will be brought back! Stock was depleted and never put back on the shelves for some reason.
Bob, The Airpower wheels will remain.... Not so sure I want to keep the inflatable range going but the solids will continue in both imperial and Metric axle sizing.
Old 09-06-2011, 11:53 AM
deweyd
My Feedback: (2)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Very good news !! I like Jet Power products very much.

Deweyd
Old 09-06-2011, 12:26 PM
Edgar Perez
My Feedback: (13)

Received 20 Likes on 10 Posts

Good news indeed!.
In the future, should we be ordering thru dreamworksrc or thru the airpower site?
Old 09-06-2011, 12:50 PM
invertmast
My Feedback: (23)

Received 225 Likes on 116 Posts

Any chance in getting some "custom" wheels machined up
Old 09-06-2011, 01:01 PM
FenderBean

Received 79 Likes on 52 Posts

being new to jets I have already made your website number one on the list and have spent plenty so anything that improves upon that is two thumbs up in my book
Old 09-06-2011, 01:05 PM
FalconWings
My Feedback: (57)

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

.....and that's how you fix a business! Have Todd run it.

Old 09-06-2011, 01:24 PM
rhklenke

Received 34 Likes on 21 Posts

ORIGINAL: lov2flyrc

Bob, The Airpower wheels will remain.... Not so sure I want to keep the inflatable range going but the solids will continue in both imperial and Metric axle sizing.
Todd, I agree (should have mentioned that) - solid is the way to go. Again, really a good value for the money and very reliable.

Bob
Old 09-06-2011, 02:14 PM
mikedenilin
My Feedback: (67)

Received 27 Likes on 15 Posts

Hi All,

We have been working flawlessly with Dreamworksrc in providing valuable parts to our aircraft kit buyers. This consolidation of Airpower products with Dreamworksrc would help us streamline order process for our customers.

Please visit our newly updated website www.globaljetclub.com the accessories section has been improved and synchronized with www.Dreamworksrc.com

Thank Todd for this arrangement that will significantly improve our supply chain.

Mike
Old 09-06-2011, 03:39 PM
joeflyer
My Feedback: (48)

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

That's good news. I've had good luck with a number of Airpower products, but have found their retracts to be not very durable. I hope you plan on making the retract frames and trunions out of harder aluminum.
Old 09-06-2011, 06:41 PM
Rush!

Todd, 

will the EV5U be produced again?  Thanks! 
Old 09-07-2011, 04:58 AM
lov2flyrc

In the future, should we be ordering thru dreamworksrc or thru the airpower site?
If you are located in North or South America, your order should be directed to Dreamworksrc.com. Airpower Models has a good dealer network around the world and I suggest you support your local dealers when possible. Current dealer listing can be found [link=http://www.airpowernet.com/twe3/about_us.php?tID=od]HERE[/link] All others may order directly from Airpower or select a dealer with inventory on hand.

Any chance in getting some "custom" wheels machined up
Not unless you plan to order some adequate quantity - one off projects is not what we do. Far too labor intensive for small volume.

I've had good luck with a number of Airpower products, but have found their retracts to be not very durable. I hope you plan on making the retract frames and trunions out of harder aluminum.
I have not personally experienced issues with these retracts but will perform some destruction tests to check frame strength in comparison to the Dreamworks Pro-Link line.

will the EV5U be produced again?
YES.... My focus at the moment is improving the QC on the multifunction valves. Last batch had an unacceptable failure rate (pressure sensor) and were pulled off the shelves. I want to make sure these issues are addressed immediately before we restore production on the EV5U and EV5U-PRO units. The EV series valves; EV1, EV2, EV5U and EV5UPRO/EVO are all planned for some updates.

If you have suggestions for new items, please feel free to post them here or shoot me an email. The best products are dreamed up at the flying field!