Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Snow Birds are Back!

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Snow Birds are Back!

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2011, 07:11 AM
Chris Balling

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Snow Birds are Back!

Much to the chagrin of you folks who weather the snowy country in the northern lands our snow birds have returned to the southwest. We gathered at TIMPA (Tucson) for a day of flying in the sun, and that is just what we got. Short sleeves, temperature in the 70's, and nothing but sun. Mike Cummins (President of TIMPA) announced that within the next three weeks their runway will be completely replaced. This is one great place to fly and with the new runway you've got to go a long way to find something better. BTW, Tucson Jets is 9, 10, and 11 March.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Rp44308.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	121.6 KB
ID:	1688135  
Old 11-18-2011, 02:28 PM
Esprit

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Snow Birds are Back!

Glad that you had great time. So wish that we could have stayed another week and come down with you. However plans are already underfoot for a buddy and me to come out in Feb for "Desert Storm" 2012.

Jonathan
Old 11-18-2011, 04:53 PM
Wayne22
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Snow Birds are Back!

t-t-t-thankss a l-l-lotttt !!.....it is 900 below and ankle deep white stuff everywhere up here.....