Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Jetlegend JL-120 Turbine

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Jetlegend JL-120 Turbine

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2014, 04:12 AM
gapellegrini

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by mikedenilin
I have over 100 flights on my Jl120. Just fuel and go. The power is close to 140N. JL does not want to sell it until it's all fully tested in China and some selected international vendors for years. I don't want to be biase on turbine engines. I like my Hawk turbine for my big jets, Kingtech for my sports jet and some scale jets, JetCat for my high performance scale jets. A few jet central turbines for some jets that needs faster throttle response and quick start up. Love VT80 and M100 for their fuel economy and performance in small jets. JL 120 In my RTF Viper helps lazy jet pilots like me to go fly in less than a week of building. I am glad that they take their time to make quality products. Hopefully their endeavor will change the image of Chinesw made products.

Mike
Thanks for the information.
Old 08-31-2015, 05:13 AM
pavcon

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

still reporting ok on this turbine?
interested to know the throttle response time, overall weight etc
Old 08-31-2015, 08:39 AM
mikedenilin
My Feedback: (67)

Received 27 Likes on 15 Posts

yes, I sent it in for service after 49 hours of flights. It's running great and needs no bearing change. I was also surprised by it's resistance to air bubbles. I have a leak on the UAT fuel line and it's creating a lot of small bubble, abbout 1/5 of fuel lines were filled with bubble. I had been flying like that for the last few flights and notice the sluggishness of throttle and unstable idle RPM. Then I discovered that there is an air leak on the UAT, but the engine didn't flame out and just keep on running. I think it's a very reliable engine. Unfortunately, I had a mid-air collision and damaged my T12. Will get another one and put it in my next project. The throttle response is similar to P120SX.

Mike
Old 08-31-2015, 11:57 AM
pavcon

thanks for your reply.. I contacted them but they are not willing to sell me one :O
Lame excuse... they will leave the engine for the local market. but I know that they have the engine in PNP jets
Old 08-31-2015, 05:00 PM
mikedenilin

Don't worry about it. They are still developing the engines and will wait until their service supports can catch up then I think they will sell the turbine alone. Mike
Old 09-01-2015, 09:13 AM
hmjets

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Spark-T12-12...-/140959598158
Old 04-26-2016, 07:59 AM
scaryxxl

Hi there.
do you recommend this turbine? I am thinking to buy it with a JL viper jet all together and want to know the fiabilty of this engine.
thanks
Old 05-03-2016, 11:59 AM
mikedenilin

I have 5 of them so far. Some run great and some have idle issued. The key to choose an engine is to choose an engine wth local engine service. I now keep most of T-12, T-16 in China with my jets there so I can get services I need locally. I think serviceability is more important in selecting an engine. Mike