Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Desert Jet Storm has listened

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Desert Jet Storm has listened

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2011, 02:03 PM
Chris Balling

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Desert Jet Storm has listened

Based on the responses for making our Jet Rally's even better; here are the results for Desert Jet Storm 2012:

1. Effective immediately, the registration for Desert Jet Storm is reduced to $35.00. Those of you who are already pre-registered will receive a refund when you arrive at Speedworld. However; there is no longer a discount for "Pre-registration".

2. There will no longer be Pilot Raffles at DJS.

3. We want you to come and fly, dusk 'til dawn. There will be no "noon show" nor will aircraft be lined along the runway. We want our pilots to fly and enjoy the week. YES,

4. ENJOY THE WEEK! You are welcome to fly your jet Monday through Sunday; however, general club flying will also be conducted Monday through Wednesday.

5. The Flight-line Cafe will be open Friday- Sunday and you'll need to pay for the Steak/Chicken dinner Saturday evening. $20/person. $10 for your spouse.

6. Pilots will no longer wear numbers.

7. We will no longer peddle T-shirts and hats, but a vendor will have some if you want to take one home to the kids.

8. RV parking is free, but we have not hook-ups at this time.

9. Every pilot will not go home with a tube of glue, but several prominent sponsors have agreed to provide very significant items for the pilot drawing. 5 or 6 pilots will be going home with some very nice items.

Please come and join us in the valley of the sun
Old 11-30-2011, 02:39 PM
bigplumbs
Banned

Default RE: Desert Jet Storm has listened

ORIGINAL: Chris Balling

Based on the responses for making our Jet Rally's even better; here are the results for Desert Jet Storm 2012:

1. Effective immediately, the registration for Desert Jet Storm is reduced to $35.00. Those of you who are already pre-registered will receive a refund when you arrive at Speedworld. However; there is no longer a discount for ''Pre-registration''.

3. We want you to come and fly, dusk 'til dawn. There will be no ''noon show'' nor will aircraft be lined along the runway. We want our pilots to fly and enjoy the week. YES,

4. ENJOY THE WEEK! You are welcome to fly your jet Monday through Sunday; however, general club flying will also be conducted Monday through Wednesday.

5. The Flight-line Cafe will be open Friday- Sunday and you'll need to pay for the Steak/Chicken dinner Saturday evening. $20/person. $10 for your spouse.

7. We will no longer peddle T-shirts and hats, but a vendor will have some if you want to take one home to the kids.

9. Every pilot will not go home with a tube of glue, but several prominent sponsors have agreed to provide very significant items for the pilot drawing. 5 or 6 pilots will be going home with some very nice items.

And there I was thinking of comming along in order to get that tube of glue
Old 11-30-2011, 03:27 PM
BluFox
My Feedback: (10)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hello Chris:

We would like to offer one complete Jet Central Smoke system as a donation to your (this) event. You may use it as you deem best as an award, drawing etc.

Please contact me three weeks prior to the event with shipping information.

Good luck in 2012 and much success.

Eric Clapp
Old 11-30-2011, 03:34 PM
jeteye

Received 63 Likes on 45 Posts

I had a great time two years ago, and will bring two airplanes in 2012. Really looking forward to this one!

Lewis

Old 11-30-2011, 06:19 PM
bigbri
My Feedback: (287)

wow wish i lived closer. that is the type of jet event i love!
Old 11-30-2011, 07:52 PM
MrPheer
My Feedback: (5)

When is Desert Jet Storm?
Old 11-30-2011, 08:06 PM
dubd

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: MrPheer

When is Desert Jet Storm?
Hopefully not close to Valentine's Day (again). [:@] That was the ONLY complaint I had about the event.
Old 11-30-2011, 08:10 PM
David Searles
My Feedback: (49)

Dantley,

Valentine's Day is on a Tuesday next year. The event is the week/weekend before, unless I'm mistaken.

David S
Old 11-30-2011, 10:08 PM
jet time
My Feedback: (75)

John and I are already planning on it. We have had a great time every year. Looking forward to it.

Lowell
Old 11-30-2011, 11:48 PM
dubd

David, Maybe it's just me, but wifey always wants to go out of town the weekend before or after V-Day. Maybe this year i can convince her otherwise. I had a blast at DJS 2 years ago.
Old 11-30-2011, 11:57 PM
InboundLZ
My Feedback: (10)

ORIGINAL: dubd

David, Maybe it's just me, but wifey always wants to go out of town the weekend before or after V-Day. Maybe this year i can convince her otherwise. I had a blast at DJS 2 years ago.

Ah, hello....Phoenix is in AZ and thereby definition "out of town". Sounds like a two birds / one rock situation....

WINNING!
Old 12-01-2011, 07:31 AM
Chris Balling

The official dates are February 10, 11, and 12. But, as mentioned, you are invited to fly all week long beginning the 6th of February..........we're really pleased to note that our sponsor list is growing and, despite the economic conditions they are providing some really great merchandise for the pilot drawing. I'll post a list of sponsorship in the next week or so.
Old 12-01-2011, 12:47 PM
dubd

ORIGINAL: InboundLZ

Ah, hello....Phoenix is in AZ and thereby definition ''out of town''. Sounds like a two birds / one rock situation....

WINNING!

Dave, I like the way you think! My wife has developed an allergic reaction to RC airplanes, so perhaps I can fly her out for a weekend in Arizona AFTER DJS!
Old 12-01-2011, 12:58 PM
DAN AVILLA
My Feedback: (12)

Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts

Nice going Chris. We can hardly wait. Only other thing is to have the PA set up so it is not loud in the pits and directed more to the stands. Dan

1. Effective immediately, the registration for Desert Jet Storm is reduced to $35.00. Those of you who are already pre-registered will receive a refund when you arrive at Speedworld. However; there is no longer a discount for "Pre-registration".

3. We want you to come and fly, dusk 'til dawn. There will be no "noon show" nor will aircraft be lined along the runway. We want our pilots to fly and enjoy the week. YES,

Old 12-01-2011, 03:26 PM
sskianpour
My Feedback: (2)

Just made our reservations from 2/7-2/12 at Comfort Inn & Suites! WOOHOO!

Shaz

COMFORT INN
13337 Grand Avenue
Surprise
(623) 544-6874
Old 12-01-2011, 06:05 PM
jeteye

Received 63 Likes on 45 Posts

The official dates are February 10, 11, and 12. But, as mentioned, you are invited to fly all week long beginning the 6th of February..........we're really pleased to note that our sponsor list is growing and, despite the economic conditions they are providing some really great merchandise for the pilot drawing. I'll post a list of sponsorship in the next week or so.

My wife just reminded me that we have a cruise on Feburary 11th for 8 days. We booked months ago, and had no idea when Desert Storm would be. A real bummer, but need to remain married (LOL)!!!!!!!!!! Sure hate to miss this one!
!!!!!!!!!
Old 12-01-2011, 06:19 PM
MrPheer
My Feedback: (5)

Well since I missed Arizona Jets this year, I'm going to Jet Desert Storm. Hopefully I can get a new or used turbine by then, otherwise I'll be flying EDF.
Old 12-02-2011, 08:16 AM
PaulD
My Feedback: (39)

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

ORIGINAL: InboundLZ

Ah, hello....Phoenix is in AZ and thereby definition ''out of town''. Sounds like a two birds / one rock situation....

WINNING!

Dave, I like the way you think! My wife has developed an allergic reaction to RC airplanes, so perhaps I can fly her out for a weekend in Arizona AFTER DJS!
Ha! same here. Was trying to convince mine and Kev-o's wife to come to Cali Jets next year with us. I got this look like.....[:@][&:]

PaulD
Old 12-03-2011, 09:09 AM
vega406
My Feedback: (73)

ORIGINAL: jeteye

My wife just reminded me that we have a cruise on Feburary 11th for 8 days. We booked months ago, and had no idea when Desert Storm would be. A real bummer, but need to remain married (LOL)!!!!!!!!!! Sure hate to miss this one!
[img][/img]!!!!!!!!!
[img][/img]
So does that mean i,m not taking your Jets out for you this year
Old 12-03-2011, 04:23 PM
Vacman
My Feedback: (14)

Chris, one last item please. It seemed that the Pit Lightning was controlled by Darryl Cady, therefor shut off when he went to dinner or whenever he felt the need to shut the lights off :-(
This has been a problem for about 3 years now. A very simple solution would be the addition of a timed switch outside the shed powering those lights. Something like a simple bathroom fan timer with
an hour max setting, etc. What do you think?

LKL
Old 12-03-2011, 06:35 PM
Chris Balling

Thanks for your input. I'll fix this.
Old 12-03-2011, 06:43 PM
djohnson

Chris, This always such a fun event. I will be there with lots of plans and looking for the usual great time and lots of flying in the Arizona sky
Dan
St George, Ut
Old 12-04-2011, 07:34 AM
Chris Balling

Thanks Dan,

BTW, I still remember that GREAT BIG Piper Cub you built me many years ago....nearly 30 to be exact......what a super airplane. Can't wait to see you.
Old 12-04-2011, 07:36 AM
furloughed ual
My Feedback: (31)

Chris, here's another suggestion and an easy one. I actually got the idea from Chad and Sin City Jets this year. If you have any giveaways/prizes for the pilots, it's a neat idea. Pilots get one raffle ticket after each flight. The more you fly, the more tickets you get in the hat for the pilot drawings. NO HANGAR QUEENS!!!! Of course, this almost guarantees Larry Laughlin will go home with something as much as that dude flys. Perhaps we should exclude him?

Ryan
Old 12-04-2011, 10:56 AM
arizcowboy
My Feedback: (14)

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Ryan: Maybe Larry will forget to change his filters and we can just leave him on the highway this time.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.