Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

You Know You're A Jet Pilot When??

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

You Know You're A Jet Pilot When??

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2011, 10:36 AM
Ron S
My Feedback: (2)

Received 205 Likes on 125 Posts
Default RE: You Know You're A Jet Pilot When??

Colonel Chuck, I'm a bit late in posting to this thread, but with your response - I think you've won!
Old 12-07-2011, 11:11 AM
basimpsn
My Feedback: (5)

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

ORIGINAL: BalsaBob

When you occasionally run completely out of home heating oil in the dead of winter ...... but never ever ever let your kero supply fall below 25 gallons.
I ran out of heating oil when I ran out of Kerosene now she hide it from me [&o].
Old 12-07-2011, 11:31 AM
jetmodeller

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

When you turn down a romp in the sack and go flying!!
Old 12-07-2011, 11:43 AM
toprudder

ORIGINAL: CHARLES WINTER

When your cruising at 50,000 feet at Mach 2 in a Multi Million Dollar F-106 strapped to your ass and you look down at the earth and say ''Screw the WORLD'' Col. Chuck Winter USAF (Ret.)
AWESOME. That is the BEST post I have seen in a while. Thanks for the post, and your service!!!
Old 12-07-2011, 11:45 AM
Meesh
My Feedback: (135)

When you have 1.5 dozen prop planes in your cellar with 1/8" of dust on them and your 3 Jets are shiny clean.
Old 12-07-2011, 11:48 AM
toprudder

ORIGINAL: gawlevi

When you use your turbine as a leaf blower
Or use your leaf blower as a turbine.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KqSt7d6ruRE[/youtube]
Old 12-07-2011, 11:53 AM
essyou35
My Feedback: (11)

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

???

Old 12-07-2011, 12:06 PM
FalconWings
My Feedback: (57)

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

ORIGINAL: skydve76

When you join the air force with a 4 year degree, go through 1 year of the acedemy, Then you kiss some major butt and get the highest scores so you dont fly cargo. You give up most of your freedoms you are protecting to be in the military handling a weapon full of top secrets.

Then you sacrafice having a family, or barely get to see them. Then you get depolyed and put your life in danger flying over enemy lands who can take down your multi million dollar machine with a $300 missle.

THEN, AND ONLY THEN, are you a jet pilot.

Quit insulting real jet pilots and acting like your special. In reality, you play with toys instead of talking to woman and going to the gym.

.......when you can tell a real "jet pilot" I'd raher fly my Bandit than your C-130E.
Old 12-07-2011, 01:39 PM
willig10

Buy your new jet model. Take it to the field, fire it up and take off for the first time. Then your a jet pilot. The same can be said of a real jet. As soon as the plane leaves the ground one way or another you are now a JET pilot.
Old 12-07-2011, 01:55 PM
Jetpilot24
My Feedback: (21)

Received 29 Likes on 20 Posts

When you join the air force with a 4 year degree, go through 1 year of the acedemy, Then you kiss some major butt and get the highest scores so you dont fly cargo. You give up most of your freedoms you are protecting to be in the military handling a weapon full of top secrets.

Then you sacrafice having a family, or barely get to see them. Then you get depolyed and put your life in danger flying over enemy lands who can take down your multi million dollar machine with a $300 missle.

Quit insulting real jet pilots and acting like your special. In reality, you play with toys instead of talking to woman and going to the gym.

Skydve76

You have obviously missed the spirit of this thread. It was not meant as an insult to full scale jet pilots, I rather respect all pilots Full scale jets and props. I have had full scale F-15 and F-86 pilots comment on how difficult it must be to fly a RC Jet from the ground and in the same breath comment on how well it flies. The thread was meant to show some of the strange and unusually things we as modelers do to justify our jet flying and building. A lot of what we do is the truth and it is funnier then fiction.

Joe Lewis
Kingtech
K-80 and K-140
Owner
Old 12-07-2011, 01:58 PM
Nhalyn

It's say to your wife : hey honey, we have to change the car, my new jet can't enter this one...
Old 12-07-2011, 02:46 PM
Granpooba

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: Jetpilot24

Skydve76

You have obviously missed the spirit of this thread. It was not meant as an insult to full scale jet pilots, I rather respect all pilots Full scale jets and props. I have had full scale F-15 and F-86 pilots comment on how difficult it must be to fly a RC Jet from the ground and in the same breath comment on how well it flies. The thread was meant to show some of the strange and unusually things we as modelers do to justify our jet flying and building. A lot of what we do is the truth and it is funnier then fiction.

Joe Lewis
Kingtech
K-80 and K-140
Owner
At a loss for words and have no idea on how to post a reply for all of this. Full size or models ........... lets all just enjoy the hobby. In the end, isn't that what it is all about ?
Old 12-07-2011, 02:48 PM
Scooterpilot

You know you're a jet pilot when it cost you 15K to replace the one you just planted in the dirt.
Old 12-07-2011, 03:16 PM
BaldEagel

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

When you can criticise everyone else's installation from the safety of your keyboard. [:'(]

Mike
Old 12-07-2011, 03:50 PM
toprudder

Hmmm, so Chuck Yeager does not qualify. (Did not graduate college, did not go to the Academy, had a family, and probably did not kiss ass to get what HE wanted).
Old 12-07-2011, 03:59 PM
Rob2160

You're a real Jet Pilot when.....

...the only thing you care about is the quality of seafood....

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FkwT9Jj4nF0[/youtube]

Or when you can PROVE the earth is round.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rlzld9x6aXc[/youtube]

or when you can fly your helis in the company hanger when its too windy outside..

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BmbHbv_Y1Bk[/youtube]
Old 12-07-2011, 04:05 PM
bevar
My Feedback: (27)

...when you spill 2 gallons of Jet-A in your carpeted trailer and think "Sweet...it's really gonna smell cool now!"

Beave
(Typed in the BA-3100, SF-340, DC-9, B-737, B757 and B-767. This is for Skydve76)
Old 12-07-2011, 04:21 PM
siddus74

When you sit down with the new Transformers Blue Ray box set and then persist on telling constantly tell the wife you know the model of the jet when it appears ... (im going to get some decepticon graphics for my Jas39 )

Scott
Old 12-07-2011, 05:44 PM
lov2flyrc
My Feedback: (24)

When you have over 55,000 Jet specific items in your inventory :-)
Old 12-07-2011, 05:52 PM
FILE IFR

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: bevar

(Typed in the BA-3100, SF-340, DC-9, B-737, B757 and B-767. This is for Skydve76)
Beave

Loosely translated, the message says... "Hey kid, just take your seat back of the room and think before you post."
Old 12-07-2011, 05:52 PM
Wayne22

- you know who Shui, Tam, Ali, and Uncle Bob are even if you have never met them..
-you forget how to tune an OS engine
-you add turbine oil to your glow fuel out of habit
-12 channels isn't enough
-you are always looking for a cheaper altenative to Super Dri
-you know what a UAT is and can give 10 reasons why it is, (or is not) the best thing since sliced bread
-your vehicle can carry more kerosene than gas in the tank,
-you spend more, fix more, drive farther, to fly less than you did when you just had glow powered models......
Old 12-07-2011, 06:09 PM
FILE IFR

- You don't mind spending $50 or more on registration for a jet event, but anything over $25 for a propeller event gets your hackles up about the high registration fee.
Old 12-07-2011, 06:39 PM
rcguy59
My Feedback: (8)

I knew I was hooked when $2000 seemed like way too much for a 30% gasser, but $3500 For my jet trainer seemed cheap.
Old 12-07-2011, 07:35 PM
DustBen
My Feedback: (3)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You do know "your" is a possessive and the word you seek is the contraction of you + are, "you're", right?

You know you're a jet pilot when....
Old 12-07-2011, 07:35 PM
ddlstang

When your ego is bigger than your dingus.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.