Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

You Know You're A Jet Pilot When??

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

You Know You're A Jet Pilot When??

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2011, 07:53 PM
rbxbear44
My Feedback: (86)

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
Default RE: You Know You're A Jet Pilot When??

When all things that can mess up your windshield, window screens or sunglasses are now "FOD"!
Old 12-07-2011, 08:31 PM
VF84sluggo
My Feedback: (55)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Basing a purchase decision for a new vehicle on whether or not your jet(s) and all the associated gear will fit in it...plus it also has be a good ride from Florida to KY Jets!

Sluggo
Old 12-07-2011, 08:40 PM
Crazy4Flight
My Feedback: (540)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Your wife left you, and it was six months later you noticed.

Because the dishes were piling up!
Old 12-07-2011, 10:28 PM
757Driver
My Feedback: (90)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

When the 400' runway is tight!
Old 12-07-2011, 10:30 PM
smitty1001
My Feedback: (29)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

...when you can't wait to land your Hornet at the JRB and get to the flying field to fly your P-60 Yellow A-4.

My brain damaged stepbrother Buck on the far left half way out of his flight suit in 100+ TX sun. "Jimmy, can you pick us up a burger on the way? I'm trying to get out of this place, hopefully the A-Fo didn't melt in the truck while I was flying!"
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Pm34883.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	95.6 KB
ID:	1696958  
Old 12-07-2011, 11:10 PM
bigplumbs
Banned

ORIGINAL: smitty1001

...when you can't wait to land your Hornet at the JRB and get to the flying field to fly your P-60 Yellow A-4.

My brain damaged stepbrother Buck on the far left half way out of his flight suit in 100+ TX sun. ''Jimmy, can you pick us up a burger on the way? I'm trying to get out of this place, hopefully the A-Fo didn't melt in the truck while I was flying!''

Good point given that hornets are I understand rather difficult to land

Dennis
Old 12-07-2011, 11:55 PM
Gra55h0pper

... when you no longer park your car in your driveway!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Cz80087.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	126.6 KB
ID:	1696974  
Old 12-08-2011, 12:28 AM
blackmancantfly

When other club members stopped giving you advice on how to build and fly rc planes.

Old 12-08-2011, 02:19 AM
siddus74

ORIGINAL: blackmancantfly

When other club members stopped giving you advice on how to build and fly rc planes.

How true ...

Scott.
Old 12-08-2011, 04:04 AM
RCFlyerDan
My Feedback: (54)

Received 71 Likes on 52 Posts

ORIGINAL: Granpooba

When you climb into the pilots seat and say, self you don't want to be here and that you are tired of making rich axxholes happy ! You check your log book and find that you have nearly 6,000 of jet time alone, never mind the other thousands of hours in recip and other turbine equipment. That is when you really know that you are a ready to retire '' Jet Pilot ''.

Been there! Done that! Retired ATP B-727, HS-125, IA-Jet, CFII/MEI, Flt Eng B-727.
Old 12-08-2011, 05:30 AM
toprudder

ORIGINAL: rcguy59

I knew I was hooked when $2000 seemed like way too much for a 30% gasser, but $3500 For my jet trainer seemed cheap.
That has been a slow transition for me, but I am getting there!!
Old 12-08-2011, 05:55 AM
gingerbatics

When your wife askes you what you want for christmas, and you're too scared to tell her incase she finds out how much this hobby 'Really' costs.
Old 12-08-2011, 06:08 AM
VF84sluggo

ORIGINAL: skydve76

When you join the air force with a 4 year degree, go through 1 year of the acedemy, Then you kiss some major butt and get the highest scores so you dont fly cargo. You give up most of your freedoms you are protecting to be in the military handling a weapon full of top secrets.

Then you sacrafice having a family, or barely get to see them. Then you get depolyed and put your life in danger flying over enemy lands who can take down your multi million dollar machine with a $300 missle.

THEN, AND ONLY THEN, are you a jet pilot.

Quit insulting real jet pilots and acting like your special. In reality, you play with toys instead of talking to woman and going to the gym.

Apparently spelling and grammar skills are no longer required for acceptance into the "acedemy."

Just curiuous, how does one "join the air force with a 4 year degree" but only go through "1 year of the acedemy?" Is the Air Force Academy no longer a 4-year program? Or are you referring to the year of pilot training as the "acedemy"? In any case, one strongly suspects you attended neither.

Sluggo
Old 12-08-2011, 07:19 AM
madmodelman

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

You know, I was thinking what a great and humorous thread this was until that prat jumped in and tried to ruin it.
Well said Sluggo!
Old 12-08-2011, 08:11 AM
alasdair

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

ORIGINAL: Wayne22

- you know who Shui, Tam, Ali, and Uncle Bob are even if you have never met them..
.etc.....
I must be getting there, as I have alreadymet Shui, Tam, Ali, and Uncle Bob, and
my jet fleet would cost more to replace than the new Transporter I bought today.
I must intentionally spill some Jet-A1 in the back, just to get the familiar comfortable smell.
Old 12-08-2011, 08:38 AM
essyou35
My Feedback: (11)

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

I agree.

Old 12-08-2011, 08:42 AM
essyou35

Removed.
Old 12-08-2011, 09:49 AM
yeahbaby
My Feedback: (21)

Received 58 Likes on 47 Posts

DUDE!!!! that is hysterical.....and TRUE!!!! man those were the days!!!!!

Happy Festivus!!!!

ORIGINAL: smitty1001

My brain damaged stepbrother Buck on the far left half way out of his flight suit in 100+ TX sun. ''Jimmy, can you pick us up a burger on the way? I'm trying to get out of this place, hopefully the A-Fo didn't melt in the truck while I was flying!''
Old 12-08-2011, 09:51 AM
siddus74

[quote]ORIGINAL: VF84sluggo

When you join the air force with a 4 year degree, go through 1 year of the acedemy, Then you kiss some major butt and get the highest scores so you dont fly cargo. You give up most of your freedoms you are protecting to be in the military handling a weapon full of top secrets.

Then you sacrafice having a family, or barely get to see them. Then you get depolyed and put your life in danger flying over enemy lands who can take down your multi million dollar machine with a $300 missle.

THEN, AND ONLY THEN, are you a jet pilot.

Quit insulting real jet pilots and acting like your special. In reality, you play with toys instead of talking to woman and going to the gym.

Dude, you havent really got into the spirit of things have you? - for some its a more of a passion than just a hobby - so we can get a little carried away, so what? but I bet im not the only one that after reading your post just though "idiot"

Additional:- I am married and do go to the gym 4 times a week (If find it insulting you think that modellers dont talk to women and dont work out! - in my youth I was quite the lady killer)

Scott.
Old 12-08-2011, 10:10 AM
essyou35

whatever.

Old 12-08-2011, 10:15 AM
bcovish
My Feedback: (8)

Come on guys give it up, this was intended to be a fun thread. But some have taken the fun out of it.
Old 12-08-2011, 10:21 AM
VF84sluggo

Skydve - Seems to me that since this thread is on RCU, it is a given that the implication here is about "radio control" jet pilot, not full-scale jet pilot. Perhaps you read too much into the thread title...and missed the humorous intent.

However, as with Beave, there are some here that fly both (and some did in fact attend an "acedemy" for one of the armed forces.)

Sluggo

P.S. Bob-O got his post in first, but he's right...'nuff said. Back to the funny stuff!
Old 12-08-2011, 10:27 AM
basimpsn
My Feedback: (5)

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

ORIGINAL: siddus74

Dude, you havent really got into the spirit of things have you? - for some its a more of a passion than just a hobby - so we can get a little carried away, so what? but I bet im not the only one that after reading your post just though ''idiot''

Additional:- I am married and do go to the gym 4 times a week (If find it insulting you think that modellers dont talk to women and dont work out! - in my youth I was quite the lady killer)

Scott.
I dont care if you get carried away, just need need to compare yourself to something your not. thats my point and my opinion and I dont expect anyone in this thread to agree with me.

Reminds me of all the young brats who think they are firearms experts and rambo because of the video games they play. Its exactly the same thing. Gets under my skin.

Its this mentality that causes experienced people to bash on new ones and act like they cant join the club and are stupid for not knowing anything. Its a hobby, its for fun, nothing more.

You want passion? Take up a cause and put your $ to good use helping others.

Call me an idiot, go ahead. Its not unexpected. I have friends and family dying overseas in the war and yet the ''real warriors'' are right here. Maybe I'm an idiot but your not a jet pilot.
Man you taking this way too serious I'm sure when leaving the airfield or loging of RCUNIVERSE that where ( being a RC Jet pilot stops). What happen to your jet, Did it crash?

Very soon all jetpilot will look like these guys
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m3Z7G9D9Rus
Old 12-08-2011, 10:51 AM
essyou35

ORIGINAL: basimpsn
What happen to your jet, Did it crash?

Very soon all jetpilot will look like these guys
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m3Z7G9D9Rus
My didnt crash, it might though. I havent flown it yet. If it does, doesnt mean anything.
Old 12-08-2011, 10:56 AM
FalconWings
My Feedback: (57)

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

ORIGINAL: siddus74

Dude, you havent really got into the spirit of things have you? - for some its a more of a passion than just a hobby - so we can get a little carried away, so what? but I bet im not the only one that after reading your post just though ''idiot''

Scott.
I dont care if you get carried away, just need need to compare yourself to something your not. thats my point and my opinion and I dont expect anyone in this thread to agree with me.

Reminds me of all the young brats who think they are firearms experts and rambo because of the video games they play. Its exactly the same thing. Gets under my skin.

Its this mentality that causes experienced people to bash on new ones and act like they cant join the club and are stupid for not knowing anything. Its a hobby, its for fun, nothing more.

You want passion? Take up a cause and put your $ to good use helping others.

Call me an idiot, go ahead. Its not unexpected. I have friends and family dying overseas in the war and yet the ''real warriors'' are right here. Maybe I'm an idiot but your not a jet pilot.
OMG you had to rely on the "I have family overseas dying" statement to defend your stance (BTW which stance, what are we talking about?) That was weak and lame, and quite frankly you have insulted all the fighter pilots who have posted on this thread in good spirit. If someone from this forum physically molested you don't take it out on a just for fun thread.

No one here is claiming to be a Veteran Fighter Pilot, so troll out and go back to your Medal of Honor playing.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.