Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Desert Jet Storm Pictures

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Desert Jet Storm Pictures

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2012, 01:35 PM
Race21
My Feedback: (20)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Desert Jet Storm Pictures

What an outstanding event!

Chris and Carole, THANK YOU for putting together what was truly an exceptional start to our 2012 flying season!

To all of the Speedworld club members and volunteers, a big THANK YOU also!

And of course to all of the vendors and sponsors, THANK YOU as well!

It was great to see old friends and meet a bunch of new ones.

Great facility, great weather, great flying...... what else is there to say?

Thank you to all involved in helping put together a first class event!

David- THANKS for the great picture of the Nano! Very cool buddy!

Looking forward to seeing everyone again real soon!

J.P.
Old 02-12-2012, 02:18 PM
David Searles
My Feedback: (49)

More:

Old 02-12-2012, 04:36 PM
gregg f
My Feedback: (20)

Many thanks to Chris and all the club volunteers!
You folks turned Jet Storm from a great event into a super event for us pilots.

Gregg
Old 02-12-2012, 05:22 PM
dubd

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Very nice pics, Dave & UJ! I really wish I could have made this event!!! []
Old 02-12-2012, 06:09 PM
smaze17
My Feedback: (60)

Wow really nice photos guys. Looks like it was a helluva good time had by all.

S
Old 02-12-2012, 07:11 PM
Flynstuff
My Feedback: (29)

Wow what a great event it was.

A big thanks to Chris and the intire Speedworld team. I have never seen more support from a club before.
A first class event for sure.

Will never miss this one.

Great times with all.

Dave, Fine pictures big bro. Ill need to get that one from yha..

See you all soon.
Old 02-12-2012, 09:33 PM
bcovish
My Feedback: (8)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I wanna go back to Phoenix. Made it as far as Pecos TX, light freezing rain, 28 degrees and the bridges were starting to freeze.

Again, I had a great time. I'll be back
Old 02-12-2012, 09:44 PM
furloughed ual
My Feedback: (31)

The best part of the event by far:

NO POLITICS AND NO WHINING!!!!

Chris Balling and Company are here to stay!!!!

Thanks for a great weekend.

Ryan
Old 02-12-2012, 11:48 PM
Joe C
My Feedback: (23)

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Congrats to Chris and all the club members for another great event. Joe C!!!!
Old 02-13-2012, 12:02 AM
jet time
My Feedback: (75)

Ryan said it all!! Right on!
I am still smiling from the great time I had there. Everyone that helped...THANK YOU!
I was a tour guide as well and whoever came up with that idea is a genius!! What a great way to keep the flight line going and still let the puplic see what we do. They loved it. (I admit it...I had a great time too!).
Wonderful event..great friends and Dave and UJ, great shots. Those are some first class photo's guys. Thank you.
This one tops my list for the future..won't miss it!

Lowell
Old 02-13-2012, 07:16 AM
Vacman
My Feedback: (14)

YES, Chris and Carole and crew deserve a HUGE 'pat on the back'. The changes made to this event were absolutely dead-on target! Thank you so much Chris for listening and actually making it happen! I found myself constantly saying, "oh now that's a good idea......." LOL I'm sure everyone will contribute their 2-cents these next few months to assure Chris has furthering good feedback to work from. So far though, it would appear 'all is good' under the new management! How we're going to keep this event a secret NOW is another problem entirely.

Chris - you took an event that was sadly fading away, becoming a drag for many and on so many levels. Last year, I actually thought I might not care to return again (of course, Ryan was soooooo happy to here that), but after THIS Year's Event, I must say I wouldn't miss it for the world! Nicely done pal.

Thanks again Carole for the improv. party and dinner Friday night too. What a treat! That worked out great.

And David! Wow man, terrific work on the photo postings! You make me want to just put my camera on the shelf or better, sell it on EBAY dude! LOL

Great seeing everyone again and so sorry to those that lost birds (we had a few 'hard landings'). We've all been there all too many times.

Larry Laughlin
Old 02-13-2012, 02:22 PM
sskianpour
My Feedback: (2)

You take a nearly 1000 foot long smooth runway that's plenty wide. You add 80 degree weather, sunshine, mild breeze. Night lights, electric outlets everywhere, Plug in 70-90 professional, competent, pleasant pilots and crew, about 150-200 beautiful jets, and flying from dawn till dusk.

Then you wrap it all up with the most pleasant, intelligent (sharp as a tack), hands on CD (Chris Balling), and Coordinators, Associates, helpers, volunteers, (Terry and gang), who ask you your opinion, and then LISTEN to you, and make CHANGES and improvements based on pilot suggestions RIGHT THEN AND RIGHT THERE (unheard of, ingenious, and trend setting - not kidding).

Then you throw in as much hospitality as the South (free breakfast (no-not donuts, rather made to order eggs, sausage, breakfast burritos, waffles, coffee, steak dinner and drinks....are you kidding me?))

Finally you put it all in a vast complex called "SPEEDWORLD MOTOR RACEWAY" where about a zillion other people love to make noise and go fast using dinosaur-fuel powered oddities....

And you have a class-act of an event that I will be going to with my friends every year.

Chris, and all the people behind the scenes, thanks a MILLION for giving us a little slice of paradise in the middle of February. You have NO IDEA how much we look forward to and enjoy this event. By my calculation, there are only 359 days left until Speedworld 2013. Am counting down...

Shaz
Old 02-13-2012, 02:38 PM
sskianpour

David S, you are a gentleman, and a class act. Nice hanging with you bud. Thanks for the amazing photos! Especially the 24 X 16 glossy you printed AT THE FIELD for me [sm=spinnyeyes.gif]

Dan Avilla, I owe you a whoooooole lotta thanks, your BVM Hun mastery and coaching is world-class!

Lowell, ahhh....chocolatey, walnutty, strawberry'y banaaaana bread!!!! Mmmmmmm

Jeff, Barry, Bob, Paul, Jonathan, Noel, Vinny, Jim, etc, etc, man, all I can say is wish we did this once a month instead of once a year....

Shaz
Old 02-13-2012, 03:15 PM
RCISFUN
My Feedback: (44)

Received 26 Likes on 23 Posts

Jim
Your fleet is looking great

David
Great photos as usual
Old 02-14-2012, 07:53 PM
Chris Balling

I want to thank all of you for the kind and generous comments you've made but it's important to know that DJS was a complete team effort. We are blessed to have a group of men and women who truly love this hobby and are very willing to contribute the effort necessary to make an event of this magnitude possible. I want all of you to know that the Saturday Tour through the Pits was not our idea. A group of pilots, represented by Dave Bottita, suggested that we try it next year. It was such a great idea we decided to implement it immediately. The folks who need the credit are the pilots who volunteered to act as tour guides. We had more than we needed. Lastly, please send in the critique sheets that you received in your registration packets. We truly want your input. We'll see you around the circuit and in the meantime, FLY SAFELY.
Old 02-14-2012, 09:15 PM
SinCityJets

What a terrific, first class event. No long and boring half time show. Bing, bang, boom. A lot of great looking birds and a lot of great people. Chris ran a first class even, and I personally hope they do a fall show too.

Chad
Old 02-14-2012, 10:20 PM
sskianpour

ORIGINAL: Chris Balling

I want to thank all of you for the kind and generous comments you've made but it's important to know that DJS was a complete team effort. We are blessed to have a group of men and women who truly love this hobby and are very willing to contribute the effort necessary to make an event of this magnitude possible. I want all of you to know that the Saturday Tour through the Pits was not our idea. A group of pilots, represented by Dave Bottita, suggested that we try it next year. It was such a great idea we decided to implement it immediately. The folks who need the credit are the pilots who volunteered to act as tour guides. We had more than we needed. Lastly, please send in the critique sheets that you received in your registration packets. We truly want your input. We'll see you around the circuit and in the meantime, FLY SAFELY.
Well then! Outstanding suggestion Dave! I personally enjoyed giving the tour. Made a small different contingent of spectators friends with myself and other pilots for the day, and I think it really made them root us on or keep an eye out for when we flew! Plus, like Chad said perfectly: "No long and boring half time show. Bing, bang, boom."!

It was a pleasure flying with your son Jake and yourself bud. He is already better than most of us, he is going to be SCARY good when he's like.... 16 [8D]

Shaz
Old 02-15-2012, 11:19 AM
marquisvns

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

ORIGINAL: sskianpour

ORIGINAL: Chris Balling

Well then! Outstanding suggestion Dave! I personally enjoyed giving the tour. Made a small different contingent of spectators friends with myself and other pilots for the day, and I think it really made them root us on or keep an eye out for when we flew! Plus, like Chad said perfectly: ''No long and boring half time show. Bing, bang, boom.''!

It was a pleasure flying with your son Jake and yourself bud. He is already better than most of us, he is going to be SCARY good when he's like.... 16 [8D]

Shaz
KingTech gives itself credit on participating the "Bing Bang Boom", literally! lol
The entire team had great fun, great seeing everyone and look forward to it again, in fall? : )

Cheers,
Barry
Old 02-18-2012, 02:49 PM
Esprit

So eventually Noel and I arrived home back in Europe. That was a shock, cold and wet, the snow had gone but still not nice after a few days in the beautiful Arizona weather.. We had quite a long drive and time in which to reflect about our trip, we talked about it all the way home, nearly 24 hours. The list of people to thank includes all of you that were there at the meeting. We arrived early on the Tuesday morning and were met by Chris and couple of club members and David Searles, it was a little windy and cold, but still we flew. This was the worst day and the weather only got better everyday. Starting on Wednesday morning things started to heat up and more and more people arrived. Some friends that I had met before at other Jet Meets around the US and many more that would become friends over the week. By Thursday things were on a roll, more trailers and lots of beautiful planes, now the weather was really good, you can see the Stars and Stripes flag hanging on the wind sock and that was where it was most of the time. The ladies of the club came in early each morning and produced fresh coffee, pancakes and burritos which were all included in the entry fee.

All in all between Noel and myself we managed 60 flights in 5 days, put 30 gallons of fuel through the AMT (NL) Mercury which just kept on running. We had a few issues with the trailing link undercarriage, I am sure it was it was doing too much work in such a short time, I guess that some of those undercarriages don't ever do 60 landings, the springs were just too soft, but after a serious spring upgrade all was well. The support form guys we pitted near was first class. Ed, Garry, Bob-O and Doug it was all very much appreciated.

It just leaves me to say what a great bunch of guys RC Jet Modelers are, we turned up from 4000 miles away and were welcomed as we had only come from down the road. We are both looking forward to coming back in 2013. Lastly we had to see the ocean, so on the way back to the airport we stopped of and had lunch at the beach and watched some hangliding training, that was cool.

Jonathan
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Sq47120.jpg
Views:	36
Size:	83.0 KB
ID:	1728747   Click image for larger version

Name:	Fc90370.jpg
Views:	37
Size:	90.3 KB
ID:	1728748   Click image for larger version

Name:	He97419.jpg
Views:	38
Size:	86.3 KB
ID:	1728749   Click image for larger version

Name:	Bz79329.jpg
Views:	42
Size:	91.8 KB
ID:	1728750   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ec89538.jpg
Views:	43
Size:	24.9 KB
ID:	1728751   Click image for larger version

Name:	Tq48639.jpg
Views:	44
Size:	81.2 KB
ID:	1728752   Click image for larger version

Name:	Vt57389.jpg
Views:	36
Size:	169.2 KB
ID:	1728753   Click image for larger version

Name:	Bz77129.jpg
Views:	35
Size:	103.3 KB
ID:	1728754  

Old 02-18-2012, 05:50 PM
DAN AVILLA
My Feedback: (12)

Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts

Just got home yesterday . Had a ball. Nice to finally meet Shaz. All the changes that were made to the event were great. Congratulations to Chris and the whole team of volunteers . Our Woodland Ca event is now in June 22 / 24 and we will have to use the ideas. See you in Tucson.  Dan and Coleen
Old 02-18-2012, 11:01 PM
sskianpour

Right back at you Dan. Thanks for all the pointers on flying the Hun my man. Your new paint job on your Hun is world class. [8D]
Out of curiosity I looked the stuff up on BVM's website, and I laughed out loud when I read, literally, their first line on the Metal Kote page:

"Notice: Metal Kote + should be used only by modelers with considerable experience in painting models."

Well done. I shudder at how much patience it takes to spend 18 days perfecting the task. FYI, 350 days left until 2013 DJS Speedworld event!

Shaz
Old 02-19-2012, 02:59 AM
bcovish
My Feedback: (8)

ORIGINAL: sskianpour

FYI, 350 days left until 2013 DJS Speedworld event!

Shaz
Thanks for the update. Still haven't made it home from the 2012 event. Spent a week in the Dallas area. Be home this afternoon and will start packing for 2013
Old 02-19-2012, 09:43 AM
DAN AVILLA
My Feedback: (12)

Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts

The finish on the 100 is presto. It is a sticky back milar. I have not tryed metal coat. Great spending time with you. Dan