Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

BVM 60" F-86 help needed

Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

BVM 60" F-86 help needed

Old 08-29-2012, 09:31 AM
SteveC68

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default BVM 60" F-86 help needed

I have an older (probably 1990's vintage) BVM Sabre that I bought from either the second or third owner. The kit is new and unstarted. Everything looks to be there except there is a photo book that goes with the instruction manual. The instruction manual references pictures out of the photo book. Does anyone happen to have this photo book left over from their build?

Thanks,
Steve
Old 08-29-2012, 12:02 PM
ron Sweeney

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: BVM 60

Hi Steve, I fly (occasionally) the small BVM Sabre. I have the manual but do not recall a photo set. I have the Maverick which does have the photo set. I assume yours is the DF kit. I have a Wren 70 in mine and if I can be of any help let me know. I will dig out the manual and see if there is any photos with it. Best of luck, Ron.
Old 08-29-2012, 02:04 PM
JohnVH
My Feedback: (38)

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

have you called BVM?
Old 08-29-2012, 03:06 PM
SteveC68

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yes I have been in contact with BVM and they no longer have the photo booklet.

Ron,

Take a look at your manual and see if it references pictures that are not actually in the manual. That's the way my manual is.

Thanks,
Steve
Old 08-29-2012, 11:56 PM
Boomerang1

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts

I've recently got one of these flying with a P-60.

Same deal with me, bought it uncompleted.

I was given the D/F 'assembly & operation manual' which has photos as well as a seperate 'turbine conversion manual'
which also has photos. As well as these there were countless sheets of paper detailing various parts of the build as well
as addendums & modification booklets. Uncle Bob used to publish bulletins for his products & there were mods for the
F-86 in those as well. Didn't notice any references to a seperate photo sheet in mine. - John.
Old 08-30-2012, 09:33 AM
ron Sweeney

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi Steve, yes the manual does refer to a photo pack, but since I was converting a D/F model to turbine I didn't miss them and just made it up as I went along, Ron.