Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

No More Blue Angels ?

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

No More Blue Angels ?

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2013, 06:07 PM
mav5252

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default No More Blue Angels ?

Hi Friends, Today while watching the news, we were informed that due to Pentagon budgetary cuts that our beloved Blue Angels (and Thunderbirds) may be on the chopping block... So, here is my short movie shot back in 08. Hope you enjoy, cause it sounds like we won't be seeing them anymore.

Click here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n7927_sEsew

Mike Anderson
Maverick - Pictures
Old 02-07-2013, 06:17 PM
hooker53
My Feedback: (106)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: No More Blue Angels ?

Mike it's worse than that. For the first time since 1975 I think, they have turned the Joint open house air show at Andrews AFB back to every other year. We have done that show every since we have had a team. We looked forward in doing this show every year BUT.
Old 02-07-2013, 06:26 PM
STKNRUD

Deleted...I was getting "political". But you can probably guess what aircraft I think should be grounded.
Old 02-07-2013, 06:57 PM
George
My Feedback: (57)

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

It doesn't just stop there.

http://hamptonroads.com/2013/02/trum...r-presence-cut
Old 02-07-2013, 07:22 PM
Ron101
My Feedback: (22)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

This is from a few hours ago on WEAR ABC in Pensacola:

PENSACOLA, Fla. The Blue Angels may be cut to meet demands of mandatory government spending.

Mandatory government spending cuts are set to take effect in a few weeks unless the White House and federal government can reach a deal to cut $15 trillion from the budget.

"I want to see the Blue Angels fly as much as anybody else, but this country is in a serious financial crisis," said Congressman Jeff Miller. " And if the only way that we can get control of spending is through sequestration, I'm ready to go in that direction, even if it means the Blue Angels suspending some of their air shows."

Some understand where Miller is coming from but others say he is on the wrong side of the debate. A spokesman for the Blues says the team is aware of the looming cuts, but they are preparing for all shows as normal.
So we wont't know for awhile..... but if your broke do you spend what you don't have??
I am a huge fan of the Blue Angels but with the debt this country has we have to make cuts.... they can always bring them back when we have the funds. Nobody likes cuts, but they are going to have to happen if we want to get this country back on track.
The spend 37 million a year to put on there shows..... we dont throw parties if were broke

Link to source: http://www.weartv.com/newsroom/top_s...ts-28962.shtml
Old 02-07-2013, 07:30 PM
FlyinTiger
My Feedback: (45)

As long as every dollar cut from our defense spending is matched with a dollar cut from "entitlement" programs I'm okay with it. Cutting our National Defense funds only to balance the budget is an unwise and dangerous decision.

Some of what the military does in the way of "demonstrations" is a deterrent...keeps certain countries out there from getting brave because they are reminded by persistent displays of capability that we are not to be messed with.

The moment we started fighting abroad AND playing a popularity game with the world was the moment our Super Power status came into question.
Old 02-07-2013, 07:58 PM
jetspud

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

When is the government going to take pay cuts on there pay... There retirement is ridiculous but no they don't offer up there pay to save money[:@]

david
Old 02-07-2013, 08:04 PM
hooker53

ORIGINAL: Ron101

This is from a few hours ago on WEAR ABC in Pensacola:

PENSACOLA, Fla. The Blue Angels may be cut to meet demands of mandatory government spending.

Mandatory government spending cuts are set to take effect in a few weeks unless the White House and federal government can reach a deal to cut $15 trillion from the budget.

''I want to see the Blue Angels fly as much as anybody else, but this country is in a serious financial crisis,'' said Congressman Jeff Miller. '' And if the only way that we can get control of spending is through sequestration, I'm ready to go in that direction, even if it means the Blue Angels suspending some of their air shows.''

Some understand where Miller is coming from but others say he is on the wrong side of the debate. A spokesman for the Blues says the team is aware of the looming cuts, but they are preparing for all shows as normal.
So we wont't know for awhile..... but if your broke do you spend what you don't have??
I am a huge fan of the Blue Angels but with the debt this country has we have to make cuts.... they can always bring them back when we have the funds. Nobody likes cuts, but they are going to have to happen if we want to get this country back on track.
The spend 37 million a year to put on there shows..... we dont throw parties if were broke

Link to source: http://www.weartv.com/newsroom/top_s...ts-28962.shtml
Ron I agree with ya to a point. But before they go on cutting public stuff for us lets see if that bunch on the hill can miss a few pay checks and stop the pork barrel crap.
Old 02-07-2013, 08:06 PM
hooker53

ORIGINAL: FlyinTiger

As long as every dollar cut from our defense spending is matched with a dollar cut from ''entitlement'' programs I'm okay with it. Cutting our National Defense funds only to balance the budget is an unwise and dangerous decision.

Some of what the military does in the way of ''demonstrations'' is a deterrent...keeps certain countries out there from getting brave because they are reminded by persistent displays of capability that we are not to be messed with.

The moment we started fighting abroad AND playing a popularity game with the world was the moment our Super Power status came into question.

Plus one on this one. All the way. Wink.
Old 02-07-2013, 08:13 PM
RBardin
My Feedback: (27)

Sure we do...We just spent ~180 million on this party:

[link]http://www.slate.com/articles/news_and_politics/explainer/2013/01/inauguration_2013_how_much_did_it_cost_and_who_pai d_for_it.html?fb_ref=sm_fb_share_toolbar[/link]
Old 02-07-2013, 08:33 PM
FlyinTiger
My Feedback: (45)

The previous post mentioning "party" brought the same exact thought to mind...amazing...simply amazing. [:-]
Old 02-07-2013, 09:23 PM
Kelly Rohrbach
My Feedback: (1)

Typical government BS,
37 million for a year of shows, not to mention the boost the local economy gets from incoming moneys spent by spectators. Our wonderful leader just took a several million dollar trip to Hawaii over the holidays. Or government pi$$es 37 mill away each and every day by 9am. Its a political ploy to gain support for another agenda.
Old 02-07-2013, 09:56 PM
airraptor
My Feedback: (66)

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

ORIGINAL: Kelly Rohrbach

Typical government BS,
37 million for a year of shows, not to mention the boost the local economy gets from incoming moneys spent by spectators. Our wonderful leader just took a several million dollar trip to Hawaii over the holidays. Or government pi$$es 37 mill away each and every day by 9am. Its a political ploy to gain support for another agenda.

+1

you guys think we spend a lot here on this country look at the budget spent on Mosques in other countries. Its over 800 million alone. This country is already way to far gone. trying to cut guns, changing the imigration laws pulling ships and troops out of the middle east see where this is going......

Oh by the way it more than several million to fly AF 1 around. I cant get in to details here but lets say there are more than one but less than 10 planes ready for him for different back up plans, the ground support for those planes, the cost of aircrews, the rental cars for the support crews, fuel for those extra planes, assests pulled from other missions that have to be contracted out and so on.
Old 02-08-2013, 12:12 AM
Kelly Rohrbach
My Feedback: (1)

edit
Old 02-08-2013, 01:12 AM
dubd

Can we chill on the political rhetoric? For every point made about our elected officials, someone else can counter, which just ends in a ugly pissing contest. There are plenty of other sites to b**** about our government.
Old 02-08-2013, 01:51 AM
Harley Condra
My Feedback: (4)

"I want to see the Blue Angels fly as much as anybody else, but this country is in a serious financial crisis," said Congressman Jeff Miller. " And if the only way that we can get control of spending is through sequestration, I'm ready to go in that direction, even if it means the Blue Angels suspending some of their air shows."

"May be cut" is not the same as "will be cut". Also, quoting Millers last words "even if it means the Blue Angels suspending some of their performances".
Let's hope it doesn't happen.
Read the whole thing, especially the first and last sentences.
It is not a sure thing. The title of this thread is very uninformed, and misleading.
Old 02-08-2013, 03:47 AM
CastorTroy2150
My Feedback: (10)

I work on Naval weapon systems for B.A.E. Systems( MK45 5'/54, VLS, and MK38 Mod2 25mm cannons), With the budget cuts, I fear for my job. Especially with the sequestration crap and its effect on the Navy....heck, they cancelled The USS Harry Truman's deployment this week, it was supposed to leave today, things are getting bad. Even worse, I am trying to save every dime I can in case I do lose my job, which leaves no funds for new toys this spring....

There was a huge list of CG class ships that were scheduled for decomission, the East Coast Admiral recalled several of them. We anticipate this is so when it comes time for the cuts to get really bad he can then "Decom" the ships he recalled. Effectively getting rid of ships that already need retired and made into coral reefs.All I know it the Navy is taking HUGE budgetary cuts, guess who the Blue Angels are? Navy.....if sailors and ships are suffering from budget cuts, a bells and whistles group like the Blue Angels should definately have already been grounded. We have sailors who are on ships we are working, that cant get parts for their damn weapons systems. And people are worried about an InterCon entertainment flight team!? How about we be concerned with the fact we are leaving our soldiers with subpar equipment. I am sorry, but we dont need the Blue Angels, or the Thunderbirds if it means more money to the guys in the service who aren't showingoff thier flying skills stateside, but actually deploying.....

@Dubd-
Chill a little buddy, nothing wrong with this discussion. I could never understand why people get so bent out of shape when they read something voluntarily. Something about," If you dont have anything nice to say".....
Old 02-08-2013, 04:18 AM
RCFlyerDan
My Feedback: (54)

Received 71 Likes on 52 Posts

Does this mean my 1/8th scale Blue Angels just became historically more valuable? hehe.....
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ax73070.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	120.6 KB
ID:	1849553   Click image for larger version

Name:	Bw71287.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	131.1 KB
ID:	1849554   Click image for larger version

Name:	Lq37760.jpg
Size:	29.5 KB
ID:	1849555   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ex68728.jpg
Views:	21
Size:	19.9 KB
ID:	1849556   Click image for larger version

Name:	Lw21071.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	19.1 KB
ID:	1849557   Click image for larger version

Name:	Fw26934.jpg
Size:	210.0 KB
ID:	1849558  
Old 02-08-2013, 04:28 AM
basimpsn
My Feedback: (5)

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Read the whole thing, especially the first and last sentences. It is not a sure thing. The title of this thread is very uninformed, and misleading.
1+

This info remind me of one particular NEWS organization Election over guys and we have enough Blue Angel Model F-18C flying around the country to use as backup

Just my opinion
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Pn35695.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	33.2 KB
ID:	1849564   Click image for larger version

Name:	Vq52696.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	34.0 KB
ID:	1849565  
Old 02-08-2013, 04:59 AM
cmjets

Received 53 Likes on 32 Posts

Hi friends:

Really, I´m sorry this situation. All aerobatic teams are very pretty in the skies.[]

Regards from Spain.
Carlos Márquez
Old 02-08-2013, 05:20 AM
jonkoppisch
My Feedback: (162)

Since we went there.
funny, I thought that sequestration and a slowing economy would only happen if the other guy won

Here on the news they said that maybe some or all of the Blue Angels shows could be cut and that there might be a 20% cut in pay for much of the military personnel if I remember right. They were saying that there would be a huge hit to the local economy as well if the shows were cancelled.

I don't know all of the logistics but I feel that a lot of the fat should be cut from other places in the govt before touching our military as well! It wouldn't surprise me to find that if the $37m was cut that it would probably just end up padding someone else's pocket and not be put back into the military where it belongs. It sure appears that many leaders are going out of their way to de evaluate our countries sovereignty.
Old 02-08-2013, 05:26 AM
RCFlyerDan

IMHO>>>>Well, if the previous other guy didn't put us into billions of dollars in debt for a war for the vengance of his Father, that did nothing to benefit this country, then this guy wouldn't have to correct those mistakes.
Old 02-08-2013, 05:49 AM
pacoflyer
My Feedback: (23)

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

At least the "previous other guy" was an American....
Old 02-08-2013, 05:54 AM
RCFlyerDan

ORIGINAL: pacoflyer

At least the ''previous other guy'' was an American....
Wow!! How wrong
Old 02-08-2013, 06:00 AM
David Searles
My Feedback: (49)

Ok, if you guys want to be "accurate" which is itself in doubt, the military cuts(sequestration) being talked about are the result of CONGRESS' refusal to do it's job. These cuts were mandated by the Congress as a penalty for them not agreeing last year. They were written entirely by the CONGRESS. So if you want to *****, you should be talking about and to your local Congressman. Tell them to get off their soapboxes, quit the posturing and run the freakin country! Preferably, no further into the creek! This particular picadillo is almost entirely on Congress not the POTUS.

David S

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.