Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

What would you do if... ?

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

What would you do if... ?

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2013, 08:54 PM
flycatch
My Feedback: (26)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default RE: What would you do if... ?

The organizer was saying "it's my party and your not invited" end of story.
Old 02-09-2013, 09:30 PM
ira d

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

If I did not have a real need to be there or is was not my right to be there I would move on and not worry about it, Chances or in a few weeks or months
all will be forgotten anyway.
Old 02-09-2013, 09:40 PM
hairy46
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Very sad indeed.
Old 02-10-2013, 12:21 AM
i3dm
My Feedback: (51)

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

quote:

ORIGINAL: Fs one

How can you comment on this topic without knowing the full story no one can.

its a personal dispute between A and B, nothing more.

quote:

ORIGINAL: Randy M.

There are events that are invitation only. Several in the US. Kinda the same thing?

This was a funfly open to anyone besides this gentleman.

The question is - what would you do if a personal dispute forced you to stay out of "public" jet meets ?
Old 02-10-2013, 01:28 AM
Ravivos

Just tell the guy to move on... nobody is worth the time and energy spent on such case.
People are stupid, letting their personal disputes getting it the way and affecting the surroundings, this guy should act like the adult one and just let it go.

If you ask me, what goes around comes around, the oppressor will get his share.
Old 02-10-2013, 01:59 AM
i3dm

quote:

ORIGINAL: afterburner

If the guy being banned is truly the good guy you say he is, I would think some of his flying buddies would make a concerted effort to let the event co-ordinator know that they will not attend and will persuade others to do the same and make the event a non-event.

Marty

This is starting to happen as we speak.

Im also getting PMs about other friends from the world with similar cases who dont want to post it in the forum.

I think some people need to work hard on leaving their personal emotions at home and not briging them to the field, where we all come to have fun together.[/b]

i find it strange that some people come to the field to fight. after all, every day life is difficult enough and we all like our small escape through the hobby every now and then,
Old 02-10-2013, 02:37 AM
DominicM

Received 37 Likes on 29 Posts

If this guy really wants to attend this gig then just wear a fake wig and beard, pair of sunglasses (or smuggle in passed the gate in the trunk of a friend's car) and you'd be in! Then take them off and if they try and forceably eject you make sure you get it all on vid to post on youtube. I'd do that just for the crack if nothing else. Can't take this hobby too seriously really.
Old 02-10-2013, 03:37 AM
Ravivos

Hi DominicM -
I would watch this video, just to see the guy in a wig :-)
you sure are right, can't take it too seriously...
Old 02-10-2013, 04:51 AM
-JC-
My Feedback: (26)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

If the organizer has a problem with a specific individual and feels that the event he is organizing will be less enjoyable if certain individuals are invited... Then that is entirely up to the event organizer.

A lot of work typically goes into organizing an event. It is at the organizers discression to decide if there are people he does not want at the party.

I'm sure there are several sides to this story and you will have B feeling that's its unfair and A feeling that it is totally justified. Best way to solve this is for A & B to sit together in private and try to work things out if possible. Other people's opinion really does not matter here since we don't know the full story and never will.

My $ 0.02
Old 02-10-2013, 05:23 AM
i3dm

quote:

ORIGINAL: -JC-

If the organizer has a problem with a specific individual and feels that the event he is organizing will be less enjoyable if certain individuals are invited... Then that is entirely up to the event organizer.

A lot of work typically goes into organizing an event. It is at the organizers discression to decide if there are people he does not want at the party.

I'm sure there are several sides to this story and you will have B feeling that's its unfair and A feeling that it is totally justified. Best way to solve this is for A & B to sit together in private and try to work things out if possible. Other people's opinion really does not matter here since we don't know the full story and never will.

My $ 0.02

In this case B tried to settle things with before the meet, and was refused.
Old 02-10-2013, 05:56 AM
rgburrill

Received 76 Likes on 67 Posts

FRom my perspective this thread stinks to high heaven.  Theis guy has poopooed every possible reason why the guy was excluded without telling exactly why he was.  Peersonal reason don't hack it.  One has to wonder, is he the one who was excluded?  And what is teh true reason?
Old 02-10-2013, 06:05 AM
jkpape

If there's no credible reason for this, boycot the the fly-in.:-(
Old 02-10-2013, 06:23 AM
i3dm

i decided to close the discussion about this subject.
i did get a variety of answers so thanks to everyone for that.
Old 02-10-2013, 07:13 AM
oliveDrab

W
ORIGINAL: i3dm

mods, please delete.
Wish I knew what this thread was originally about. All I see is "Please delete". Maybe best to let it go.
Old 02-10-2013, 08:05 AM
DominicM

Received 37 Likes on 29 Posts

(deep breath) It was all about 2 boys who had fallen out over something in the school playground. One of the boys was planning on having a lovely party where they could fly their toy aeroplanes but hadn't invited the other boy, but had invited his friends...he said that if that boy turned up then his mom would be at the front door and wouldn't let him in...basically the question was would you be unhappy if you were the boy who wasn't invited and I said no, I'd just stay home; play Xbox and eat jello and ice cream...sheeesh
Old 02-10-2013, 08:12 AM
i3dm

ORIGINAL: DominicM

(deep breath) It was all about 2 boys who had fallen out over something in the school playground. One of the boys was planning on having a lovely party where they could fly their toy aeroplanes but hadn't invited the other boy, but had invited his friends...he said that if that boy turned up then his mom would be at the front door and wouldn't let him in...basically the question was would you be unhappy if you were the boy who wasn't invited and I said no, I'd just stay home; play Xbox and eat jello and ice cream...sheeesh
LOL !
you are a genius.
Old 02-10-2013, 08:26 AM
oliveDrab

Oh.......I think I get it. The "2 boys" are actually grown men, the "lovely party" was an R/C flying event, the "toy aeroplanes" were actually.......BIG toy aeroplanes, his "mom" was a policeman. "play Xbox and eat jello and ice cream" - I would go home and build a large scale aeroplane or go to an establishment frequented by beautiful pole dancer's.
Old 02-10-2013, 08:32 AM
Ravivos

True story.

LOL.
Old 02-10-2013, 12:10 PM
GallopingGhostler

Received 79 Likes on 62 Posts

(comment deleted.)
Old 02-10-2013, 03:36 PM
fred985

how is the fishing down in brazil ?
Old 02-10-2013, 03:38 PM
fred985

could they be anti semites ?
Old 02-10-2013, 03:42 PM
fred985

sure sounds like the whole thing should be boycotted and have legal action bought down on it,,,,,then they all could go to brazil and go fishing,,,,,,,
Old 02-10-2013, 08:26 PM
Sawtooth
My Feedback: (1)

As long as there are humans involved in anything, there's going to be conflict. We have a very small club, about 40 members and there are a couple guys that if they are at the field or a meeting at the same time, anything can happen. It's sad that adults can't put the hobby and friendship ahead of personal opinion but some can't. They're just wound too tight and programed with different software. I guess my 35 years in management was a good foundation for coping with some very intense personalities. I heard that this guy didn't have the authority to exclude participants even though he was the organizer. I guess someone should have challenged him before the event came off. Knowing our club, a rule like that would not have happened.
Old 02-10-2013, 10:13 PM
downunderdog

ORIGINAL: rgburrill

FRom my perspective this thread stinks to high heaven. Theis guy has poopooed every possible reason why the guy was excluded without telling exactly why he was. Peersonal reason don't hack it. One has to wonder, is he the one who was excluded? And what is teh true reason?
I agree. There's not enough information in "for personal reasons" to make a decision whether it's "reasonable" or not to exclude the guy. There is definitely some information that is being held back in order to swing the consensus towards it being unfair to the excluded party.
Old 02-11-2013, 04:31 AM
Foxy

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

What a silly topic.

Mainly due to the fact that if you don't know the specific situation, you are not in possession of enough facts to comment, and if you DO know the situation, you are probably biased and/or involved one way or another and therefore your contributions should be taken as biased.

1) If I were the person outside the gates not being allowed in, I'm thinking 'Wow, that's pathetic, I'm not staying here another minute! I can live without flying here, today'.

2) @the person who said its discrimination. It isn't, we established, this is a private field. Let's say I'm a neighbour you don't like. Maybe I screwed your wife, knifed your son's football, beat your dog, or we just had a disagreement regarding the proper method to mow a lawn and since then we scowl at each other. You have a cocktail party with some neighbours. I know you dislike me, I dislike you (assumedly), am I even going to turn up at your door come party night? Of course I'm not, I'm not an idiot. Would you let me in if I did? Of course not. Durrrr.

This is a simple case of TWO little children chucking their toys out of the pram. First the guy denying someone entry on the grounds of personal dislike is kinda pathetic, but still, its hard to argue with that and the choice IS his, as the organiser of the event. "It's my party and I'll cry if I want to"...

Similarly the guy who feels it necessary to try to a) garner support on a forum for a situation that hardly anyone on this forum could possibly know anything about, or post objectively about and b) crying about it in general 'boo hoo, the bad man didn't let me into the field', is just as pathetic as the guy who wouldn't let him in.

Jeez, Louise, some people need to get some perspective (and maybe a little self respect too).

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.