Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Fibreglass Fuse Super Reaper

Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Fibreglass Fuse Super Reaper

Old 03-13-2013, 06:08 PM
TommyWatson
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fibreglass Fuse Super Reaper

A friend has given me the task of building a Fibreglass fuse Super Reaper. It came with no instructions and some parts missing.
First of all there are no canards and no wing tube. I have the vertical fins but no idea of how or where to mount them. Some photos show them mounted on the edge of the fuse at an angle and some show them mounted vertical on the wings.
Has anyone built one of these Glass Fuse Super Reapers?. I would like to see the instruction book, (if one exists), or better still a link to a build thread.

Any help would be appreciated.
Regards
Old 03-14-2013, 01:58 AM
BaldEagel

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: Fibreglass Fuse Super Reaper

Tom

As far as I know there has never been an official fibreglass Super Reaper, it must be an aftermarket item, the wings have permanent spars that end in the centre of the fus and are bolted to a cross member, the fins are attached at the rear of the fus on either side of the turbine at an angle, have a look on the Mick Reeves web site and you will see the various permutations that people have come up with, I am not in the UK at the moment so don't have access to the instructions to send them to you, will look them out when I get back to the UK.

Mike
Old 03-14-2013, 02:01 AM
BaldEagel

Try this thread: http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_22..._1/key_/tm.htm

And Mick Reeves website: http://www.mickreevesmodels.co.uk/~m...per/reaper.htm

Mike
Old 03-18-2013, 10:03 PM
TommyWatson
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi,
This one has 20mm and 12mm sockets in each wing, so I will just have to get some 12 and 20mm tube. The rear of the fuse is rounded on the edges and seems to have nowhere to mount the fins. I guess I will have to make something inside the glass fuse. It has a hole in the front fuse sides to mount the full flying canards (which are missing), so I will have to make them from balsa glassed all over, and a servo plate with cutouts to mount the canard servos. I have looked at some other threads and some have used fixed canards and separate "Elevators". This seems to be a stronger method. Any comments on this?.
I can makes some engine bearers for the Wren 54 engine my friend has given me to use. I also have the CG position so that should be OK.
Regards
Old 03-19-2013, 02:38 AM
BaldEagel

Look on the Mick Reeves site some guys have mounted the fins on the wings to good effect.

I used CARF Rookie canards on mine, including the operating mechanism, worked very well.

Mike
Attached Images