Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Jeti DS-16 High end transmitter is in!

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Jeti DS-16 High end transmitter is in!

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2013, 11:15 AM
RCISFUN
My Feedback: (44)

Received 26 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by Jeti USA
All repairs are handled in Florida by Esprit Model.
We can handle 98% of all repairs, spare parts are in stock. (Gimbals, Boards, Displays....)

Zb/Jeti USA
Correct me if I am wrong:
It sounds like everything is down to the modular level, i.e. a defective PC board is replace with a new board, old board is sent to the factory as a core for further troubleshooting.

If that is the case then board level trouble shooting would not be done at the FL facility as this takes special equipment / training.
Old 11-25-2013, 11:27 AM
Falcon 64

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Henke Torphammar
Exactly. I would say it's alot easier with autotrim then the standard trim as all you do is fly the plane and it trims it self. If its that much out of trim so that the trim is not enough I assume you got other problems to deal with before blaiming the trim buttons, don't you think ;-)
Isn`t it possible to program the trims say 30 or any other % of the full throw? That should cure any lack of trim.. This have been standart for Multiplex for over 20 years.
Old 11-25-2013, 10:19 PM
Henke Torphammar

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Falcon 64
Isn`t it possible to program the trims say 30 or any other % of the full throw? That should cure any lack of trim.. This have been standart for Multiplex for over 20 years.
Hm, all trimming should be done mechanicly on the ground after the first trim flight. Upping the trim gain in the Tx is not a good way. I assume the DS16 can trim as much as you want too, but I have never tried it as it's the wrong way of doing it
Old 11-26-2013, 02:47 AM
Falcon 64

Originally Posted by Henke Torphammar
Hm, all trimming should be done mechanicly on the ground after the first trim flight. Upping the trim gain in the Tx is not a good way. I assume the DS16 can trim as much as you want too, but I have never tried it as it's the wrong way of doing it
Of course, it was just out of couriosity..uning more than 30% in trims would make it hard to fly anyway. But just in case..
Old 11-26-2013, 12:21 PM
wfield0455
My Feedback: (7)

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I downloaded and skimmed the manual and it indicates that if you attempt to connect to a model with a different "series number" receiver than the current model memory was bound to, that it will tell you this and ask if you wish to continue. When they say "series number" do they mean a 9 channel receiver vs an 11 channel receiver vs a 14 channel receiver or do they actually mean "serial number" of the receiver, where each individual receiver has a unique serial # and the system can tell the difference between a 14 channel receiver with a serial # of xxxy and another 14 channel receiver with a serial # of xxxz ? In other words, is this a viable alternative to Spektrums "model match" feature and that the DS16 can tell the difference between individual models, based on receiver serial #, even if they all use 14 channel (or 11 channel or whatever) receivers.
Old 11-26-2013, 03:05 PM
ZB

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

They mean different receivers, every receiver has unique ID number.

Zb/ Jeti USA

Last edited by ZB; 11-26-2013 at 03:10 PM.
Old 11-27-2013, 08:16 AM
F106A
My Feedback: (2)

Just curious, with all the programming available, is it possible to set up the TX to start a twin? I'm thinking of two independent throttle channels, one for each engine. When starting #1, the second channel is locked out. After #1 has started, you throw a switch that locks out the running engine an therefore you could start #2. When both are running, you throw a switch that will mix the two throttle channels allowing both engines to be controlled.
Jon
Old 11-27-2013, 08:46 AM
Jeti USA

Originally Posted by F106A
Just curious, with all the programming available, is it possible to set up the TX to start a twin? I'm thinking of two independent throttle channels, one for each engine. When starting #1, the second channel is locked out. After #1 has started, you throw a switch that locks out the running engine an therefore you could start #2. When both are running, you throw a switch that will mix the two throttle channels allowing both engines to be controlled.
Jon
No problem, you can use something called Logical Switch. You set conditions AND, OR...

Zb/Jeti USA
Old 11-27-2013, 10:29 AM
Henke Torphammar

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Done here with the Twin turbo Opus and DC16.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4gSJyM7oCuE

Last edited by Henke Torphammar; 11-27-2013 at 10:36 AM.
Old 11-27-2013, 12:12 PM
F106A

Hi,
Thanks for the reply.
I'm not sure what a "smart switch" is, but I'm sure that the DS-16 is my next radio, maybe in time for Christmas!
Jon
Old 11-28-2013, 03:25 PM
wfield0455

What are the differences between the DS16 regular and carbon versions. I'm assuming that for $300 difference there is something more than simply a carbon fiber front panel ?
Old 11-28-2013, 09:46 PM
DrV

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by wfield0455
What are the differences between the DS16 regular and carbon versions. I'm assuming that for $300 difference there is something more than simply a carbon fiber front panel ?
Just that. Carbon fiber front panel.
Old 11-28-2013, 10:09 PM
LA jetguy

Received 54 Likes on 42 Posts

Should have my DS16-Carbon early next week...
Old 11-29-2013, 04:37 AM
Edgar Perez
My Feedback: (13)

Received 20 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by F106A
Jon
You can do that with any radio that support P-mix, 2 extra channels and has a 3 position switch. You will connect the ECU to each salve channel, with the master being the radio throttle signal. You will activate the various P-Mix so that UP = engine 1 only, MIDDLE = both engines and DOWN = engine 2. (When an engine is not selected, you put the mix so that the signal goes to idle).
Old 11-29-2013, 08:17 AM
Jgwright

This is certainly a very nicely engineered transmitter, the Apple of the RC world. I have not seen much though about testing its frequency hopping and how it works. It would be nice to know more. One thing I noticed that apart from the digital trims switch issue there does not appear to be a trim that can be assigned separately to the steering channel. With the 12FG we have found this a very helpful feature. The radio is packed with other nice features and looks worth considering but would need to know more about how well it works compared to a Futaba.

John
Old 11-29-2013, 08:32 AM
bluelevel
My Feedback: (39)

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

John,

there is no "issue" with the trim switch, it all comes down to personal preferences. Most planes if build correctly don't need any trim at all, so that discussion is highly overrated to my mind.

You can assign ANY knob, lever or switch to ANY function. Meaning that if you want to have a separate trim for the steering servo, you just assign it in the menu and that's it. You can even adjust the trim max value.

Thomas
Old 11-29-2013, 12:15 PM
JoeEagle
My Feedback: (26)

Does that mean that Hobby King would have to copy Unique ID's when they try to make their "Orange" knockoffs??

Originally Posted by ZB
They mean different receivers, every receiver has unique ID number.

Zb/ Jeti USA
Old 11-29-2013, 01:50 PM
Jeti USA

Originally Posted by Jgwright
This is certainly a very nicely engineered transmitter, the Apple of the RC world. I have not seen much though about testing its frequency hopping and how it works. It would be nice to know more. One thing I noticed that apart from the digital trims switch issue there does not appear to be a trim that can be assigned separately to the steering channel. With the 12FG we have found this a very helpful feature. The radio is packed with other nice features and looks worth considering but would need to know more about how well it works compared to a Futaba.

John
You can assign trims anywhere you like, you can cross-assign them or just put them on any stick/switch/lever. You have computer.
You can also assign multiple functions to same switches or multiple switches to same functions.

Zb/Esprit Model
Old 11-29-2013, 03:08 PM
Walo

Originally Posted by bluelevel
John,

Most planes if build correctly don't need any trim at all, so that discussion is highly overrated to my mind.
Don't think so. Normally I use the Auto Trim Feature but when I fly indoor this is nearly impossible. Then I have to fight with the trim Buttons.
But exept for the trim Buttons it's a very nice System. Love it!

Regards, Walter

On my Wishlist: A variable Timer
Old 11-30-2013, 01:32 AM
Jgwright

Nobody has posted yet about how the system works and how it compares to Futaba. Surely people are not buying just because of what it looks like or the telemetry features.

Despite what Thomas says the trim is an issue, we often fly planes that are previously unflown scratch built designs and with the pilots hands keeping the plane flying it is just not possible to try and find the trim buttons. I like Ilja Grum solution with the little joysticks though not sure how they are attached. We normally have 2 rotary dials used, one for gyro gain and one for variable flap settings. That rules out using one of them for steering trim. The same goes for the switches. They are nearly all used up for dual rates, landing gear and air brakes. None of the switches are adjustable like the rotary dials.

John
Old 11-30-2013, 05:29 AM
wfield0455

In the case of a possibly badly trimmed new aircraft, it would seem easiest to use the auto trim feature. All trim controls require you to move your thumb off of the stick to adjust the trim which on a badly out of trim aircraft is a problem. Seems auto-trim eliminates that problem.
Old 11-30-2013, 07:32 AM
Boeing727
My Feedback: (1)

'trim' is an overrated item ?
Perhaps in your world it is a minor issue but I seriously doubt you have flown all of your builds and managed to do
so without trimming .
That comment notwithstanding the Jeti system is a highly developed system which is directly reflected in the market price .
Having said that it is beyond reason to explain the designers intent in producing a design which is seriously short on trim lever definition on the transmitter face.
I have no desire to take my eyes off of a fast model in order to locate elevator trim.....regardless of the availability of auto trim .
That portion of the transmitter needs to be revisited by the manufacturer . Period .
Old 11-30-2013, 07:48 AM
luv2flyrc
My Feedback: (6)

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I like to know more about how the RF works as well. How many of the 81 available channels does Jeti "hop" across? Does it hop across the entire band or a small portion like Futaba and Spektrum?

Does it "look" ahead and avoid busy/ noisy channels or does it jump onto them anyway like Futaba and Spek? None of the RF questions seem to be answered in any of the sales literature.

Mike
Old 11-30-2013, 07:50 AM
Jeti USA

I completely disagree, trim with 4 buttons located in logical place is much better then trying to locate trims all over the face of the Tx. (Yes I liked the Multiplex solution as well)
I like the fact that I can set the trim in both directions simultaneously.

Zb/Jeti

But with Jeti Radio systems, If you do not like you have few options to change it.
Other radio systems will NOT give you any option.
1) Cross Assign trims on opposite side
2) Assign trims on Knobs, Levers or anywhere you like
3) Use AUTO TRIM
4) Use Trim Stick

Old 11-30-2013, 08:10 AM
Jeti USA

There are no such a things as 81 available channels, that's misconception started by Futaba also there is also no such a thing as "look/avoid" busy channels. EVERY radio in a order to be CE and FCC approved has to jump in pseudorandom configuration. We can not cheat Physics, you have "only" 16 available channels. Where Jeti is different is that system transmits more like original JR in DMSS pattern.

It's called: Wide Band Frequency Hopping
What it does is spreads the Information over wider channel and chances of information being lost or "drown" in background noise is lover.

Also Jeti System uses 2x RF modules with 4x Antennas, Tx always waits for signal to be conformed and in next transmission cycle it uses antennas with better reception. Same with Receivers.

Zb/Jeti USA

Last edited by Jeti USA; 11-30-2013 at 08:17 AM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.