Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

What do you think of the new site

Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

What do you think of the new site

Old 08-19-2013, 02:42 PM
BaldEagel

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by AMA 74894
your 5 star rating is back
I'm still researching directly uploading video. Thanks for your patience
It's you that needs to be congratulated on your patience, all this winging would have got to me long ago, but you still reply civilly to any criticism levelled at the site, I admire your resolve.

Mike
Old 08-19-2013, 02:52 PM
rcand

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

reminds me I why I left yahoo for my email. Sometimes change isn't better
Old 08-19-2013, 03:10 PM
AMA 74894
My Feedback: (1)

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by LGM Graphix
Ok so for a third time now I've turned off notifications and again I'm still getting them unless I unsubscribe in the thread, however as soon as I post in a thread again it re subscribes me. Any guesses?
I THINK the bottom post here will explain better than I could how to set all your email settings and subscriptions back to where they were (pg 34, post #850)

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/foru...m-here-34.html

but please let me know if yours still isn't doing what it should.

Last edited by AMA 74894; 08-19-2013 at 03:11 PM. Reason: added URL
Old 08-19-2013, 03:12 PM
Rob2160

Originally Posted by BaldEagel
I can't sympathise too much with you all as the font size is perfect for me to read on my laptop and the so called thick blue bars are about 8mm on my screen, I don't have to log in and out, I am permanently logged in, the spurious e-mails have all stopped since going to my subscriptions and deleting the ones I don't want.

In all it seems to be working well for me now.

Mike
You just described my experience also. The font size is perfect for my laptop / macbook and ipads.. It looks far more legible than the old RCU. (for me anyway) The blue bars are also about 8mm on my Laptop. Good to see the locations are back.
Old 08-19-2013, 03:16 PM
Rob2160

Originally Posted by LGM Graphix
I'm still getting email notifications after everytime I post in a thread unless I physically "unsubscribe" each time. That and this morning the forum is taking forever to come up, and threads take forever to open. Both on PC and on the tablet.
Have you changed your default subscription mode in General Settings as per my vid?

I had the same problem until I changed my settings. Now I don't get any email notifications except for the ones I have requested.

Last edited by Rob2160; 08-19-2013 at 03:18 PM.
Old 08-19-2013, 03:44 PM
Leroy Gardner

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by TonyBuilder
wOkIng grAt For mE!
Tony everything works great for you, been watching ya build, ha ha. Wish I had some of your talents, could help make life easier at times. I'm a old dog still trying to learn new tricks, they don't come as fast as they used to. These days about the time you learn something someone comes along and changes it.

Leroy
Old 08-19-2013, 04:43 PM
Warbird Man
My Feedback: (95)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I tried to keep an open mind to this change. And found It is not for the better. It sucks and is a P.I.T.A. Old format was much better. It simply needed to be faster.
Old 08-19-2013, 09:46 PM
Johnny_Zero
My Feedback: (44)

Have not had one single problem except the login issue. I just don't understand what all the fuss is about. Change is good. Always has been. Not so easy for some....but others embrace it. Always something new to learn!!!
Old 08-19-2013, 11:39 PM
BaldEagel

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

"Change is inevitable, to improve is to change often"

Mike
Old 08-20-2013, 03:15 AM
Rob2160

Originally Posted by Johnny_Zero
Have not had one single problem except the login issue. I just don't understand what all the fuss is about. Change is good. Always has been. Not so easy for some....but others embrace it. Always something new to learn!!!
+5. 'Cept can't do that anymore... Doh!
Old 08-20-2013, 03:16 AM
Giant_Scale_Gasser
My Feedback: (84)

It's good to change? Even when it's not broke, doesn't need updated, was highly successful? Change is good even when it involves getting in your DeLorean going 88mph to travel back 15 years to that vbulletin board look, feel and operation?

I think that whole philosophy about change is flawed. Why change what keeps people coming to your site, your business, your store? Don't fix what isn't broke...
Old 08-20-2013, 03:32 AM
GerKonig

Originally Posted by Warbird Man
I tried to keep an open mind to this change. And found It is not for the better. It sucks and is a P.I.T.A. Old format was much better. It simply needed to be faster.
But it COUD NOT be faster, and it had a lot of errors coming up all the time, not to mention the search issues... The prior software company did not offer service for their code anymore. I see no choice here, they had to change. People were *****ing' and moaning about this site before, complaining about the site. I guess it's the same bunch of whiners complaining now. I guess many are still using Windows 95 and Office 2003...

Gerry
Old 08-20-2013, 03:43 AM
Rob2160

Lol. I have already forgotten what the old site looked like and am enjoying the speed and convenience of the new site immensely. Some people are scared of change and I can understand that but the new RCU Is working great for me.
Old 08-20-2013, 03:56 AM
Oldbob

at my age I heat change of any kind; but if I don't have a choice, I learn to get used to it.
Old 08-20-2013, 08:26 AM
Giant_Scale_Gasser
My Feedback: (84)

Originally Posted by GerKonig
But it COUD NOT be faster, and it had a lot of errors coming up all the time, not to mention the search issues... The prior software company did not offer service for their code anymore. I see no choice here, they had to change. People were *****ing' and moaning about this site before, complaining about the site. I guess it's the same bunch of whiners complaining now. I guess many are still using Windows 95 and Office 2003...

Gerry
The site has had just as many issues with the new software as it did with the old. It's a server or bandwidth issue, not a board script issue. Always has been. Since the new board, the site has been unavailable just as many times as it has with the old.
Old 08-20-2013, 08:47 AM
drb101
My Feedback: (22)

Good job, i like it
Old 08-20-2013, 08:49 AM
AMA 74894

Originally Posted by Giant_Scale_Gasser
The site has had just as many issues with the new software as it did with the old. It's a server or bandwidth issue, not a board script issue. Always has been. Since the new board, the site has been unavailable just as many times as it has with the old.
Funny, when we returned from Toledo this past april RCU was down for four days.
Down as in www.rcuniverse.com 'the page can not be displayed' down.
no magazine, no forums, no marketplace, no nothin', nada.
(and not for the first time in 2013, it happened more than a few times in 2012)
Images took MINUTES each to upload (or to time out... the page could not be displayed)

I could go on... (or you could look at some of the older posts...) but I think it's simply not accurate to say that with the new vBulletin software the site has been down just as often as previously.
Old 08-20-2013, 09:02 AM
GerKonig

Funny, when we returned from Toledo this past april RCU was down for four days.
Down as in www.rcuniverse.com 'the page can not be displayed' down.
no magazine, no forums, no marketplace, no nothin', nada.
(and not for the first time in 2013, it happened more than a few times in 2012)
Images took MINUTES each to upload (or to time out... the page could not be displayed)

I could go on... (or you could look at some of the older posts...) but I think it's simply not accurate to say that with the new vBulletin software the site has been down just as often as previously.
No need to go on, people have a bad memory or just old age dementia and do not remember stuff. Eventually, some slower than others, they will goon with the program, and maybe realize that this change really was not worth all the complaining... And that RCU is not a life or death thing. And that, indeed, they can get used to a different layout, or find a new feature. Talking of which, I noticved an "auto save" thing on the right corner of this message as I am writing it. Maybe we will not waste our time if we are writing something and time out (like with the prior version)

Good job!

Gerry
Old 08-20-2013, 10:07 AM
Terry Holston

What he said. I think they got it working pretty good now! Good job guys!!!

I can even read the default text better, altho I still like the bold better........LOL
Old 08-20-2013, 10:35 AM
AMA 74894

Personally I'm happy that the site now stays UP long enough for the membership at large to voice their concerns.
Rcu is now and will always be a work in progress, (as is ANY living forum with members who actually care about it)
Please don't misunderstand, I'm not disregarding or ignoring any complaints and my attitude is NOT 'this is how it is, deal with it'
(IB's attitude seems in line with mine.)
But I also have some pretty awful memories about the site being completely down for days on end and THAT is NOT a warm and fuzzy feeling.
Now we at least have something we can work with and improve
Old 08-20-2013, 01:16 PM
auggie622
My Feedback: (39)

horrible
Old 08-20-2013, 02:14 PM
jeteye

Received 63 Likes on 45 Posts

Working great for me...I love it! Much better than the old format!

Lewis
Old 08-20-2013, 02:37 PM
Jim Branaum
My Feedback: (3)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Personally I'm happy that the site now stays UP long enough for the membership at large to voice their concerns.
Rcu is now and will always be a work in progress, (as is ANY living forum with members who actually care about it)
Please don't misunderstand, I'm not disregarding or ignoring any complaints and my attitude is NOT 'this is how it is, deal with it'
(IB's attitude seems in line with mine.)
But I also have some pretty awful memories about the site being completely down for days on end and THAT is NOT a warm and fuzzy feeling.
Now we at least have something we can work with and improve
Thanks for fixing things with the location, now if you could get the member flag to show the correct status...
Old 08-20-2013, 02:49 PM
IBxAnders

Originally Posted by Jim Branaum
Thanks for fixing things with the location, now if you could get the member flag to show the correct status...
Working on resolution to this issue at the moment. Thank you.
Old 08-20-2013, 04:29 PM
Boomerang1

Received 20 Likes on 10 Posts

Small issue.

When I used to check the list of who's browsing a thread or the whole jet forum the
list used to be in alphabetical order so it was easy to see if my mates were on line.

Now the list is not in alphabetical order.

Is there a setting to change that? - John.

PS, noted now there is a spell check function on the forum, that's got to help!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.