Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Good report for Fly Eagle Jets

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Good report for Fly Eagle Jets

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2013, 11:17 AM
rbean2
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by never-enuff
Ok, I wasn't going to go any farther and stir the pot but since alot of you seem to think my original post was not considered to be good customer service, I will go a little farther with my experience with Fly Eagle. I've ordered two jets from them, the last being the 1/6 F-18 yes the HC one. I'm in the process of building it now. I was never asked to send 100% of the money. I was asked to send 2500.00 with the balance due at shipping. James kept me informed on a regular basis on the progress of it, sent pics and was delivered on time to my door. I still understand that alot of you have had bad experiences with them but once again I'm posting my experience.
This is the same service I have encountered with James at FEJ. Between him and Nir, I have received numerous updates and pictures. I believe as I said earlier - in different words - respect, returns respect. I truly believe that if you go into a conversation acting like it is an argument, you will get no where. I personally have told people where to put their problem when they "attacked" me right away. I believe James and FEJ are listening to our community and changing things in their aircraft to make them better - I have seen it personally.
Old 08-28-2013, 11:53 AM
Plane Insane
My Feedback: (4)

Dupe - deleted

Last edited by Plane Insane; 08-28-2013 at 11:57 AM.
Old 08-28-2013, 11:57 AM
Plane Insane

Originally Posted by rbean2
This is the same service I have encountered with James at FEJ. Between him and Nir, I have received numerous updates and pictures. I believe as I said earlier - in different words - respect, returns respect. I truly believe that if you go into a conversation acting like it is an argument, you will get no where. I personally have told people where to put their problem when they "attacked" me right away. I believe James and FEJ are listening to our community and changing things in their aircraft to make them better - I have seen it personally.
Business owners don't have the luxury (if they want to stay in business) of telling people "where to put their problem" when a customer is unhappy, especially when they have every reason to be.
I'm well aware that you can't please everyone in most aspects of life and business but there is the other extreme, exemplified by FEJ and how they treat customers with legitimate grievances.
It is good to hear that they give you numerous updates and pictures, and the other guy replacement parts, but these don't cost them a penny, nor does it threaten their business.
When Dantley's 14 fireballed after the the tail failed (as it clearly did), I read nothing but levelheadedness in his posts.. He didn't get angry until well after the fact.. The fact being no response from FEJ.

So, if it's not a big deal then their communications are good with customers. If it is a big deal, and could be a problem for them, you get silence. or the run-around...
Personally, I'm more concerned with big deals than little ones.. Though, I like to have those addressed as well when I'm spending the kind of money we are on this hobby..

Last edited by Plane Insane; 08-28-2013 at 12:00 PM.
Old 08-28-2013, 12:02 PM
rbean2
My Feedback: (3)

Originally Posted by Plane Insane
Dupe - deleted
I do believe - as a business owner - that maybe , just maybe, a lot of the story is behind closed doors. My simple thought is that, keep your problem between you and whomever and don't go looking for verification from outside. Thats all. And , sorry to say, our company is just as strong or stronger even after I have been not so nice, but thanks for the advice.
Old 08-28-2013, 12:06 PM
Bob Toilet

F-14, F-14, F-14 Bla, Bla, Bla. This thread is about a guy who is happy for the service he got.
I think this F-14 has so many other threads in this forum- it should be enough.
Old 08-28-2013, 12:29 PM
Plane Insane

Originally Posted by Bob Toilet
F-14, F-14, F-14 Bla, Bla, Bla. This thread is about a guy who is happy for the service he got.
You mean it WAS about that. Just like conversations in person, online community discussions are interactive and evolving. Do you go around telling groups of people at R/C events, or your local club that they can't or shouldn't speak when what they are talking about isn't particularly pleasing to you? I'm guessing you don't....? Online communities are no different, except some people often feel more confident voicing opinions they might not in person..

Companies with poor customer service practices and pissed off customers should take note & get with the program = fix the issues / make things right.. Gone are the days when you can burn people and the rest of the world won't know about it. Well, unless others (fans, reps, employees, etc) are able to cover it up and make it go away.. IMO, it's much more easy to do right and have people applaud you, even if it cuts into the profits until you get it right.. (build it right)

Last edited by Plane Insane; 08-28-2013 at 12:36 PM.
Old 08-28-2013, 12:38 PM
Bob Toilet

Off topic
Old 08-28-2013, 12:52 PM
david surick

OK
Old 08-28-2013, 03:54 PM
Shaun Evans

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by rbean2
Yeah,

I'm still trying to conceptualize the 'nice', non-threatening, non-abusive, non-aggressive and private way I would have addressed the issue of what was revealed in Rav's X-rays... an utterly shocking revelation of inept and negligent construction of a critical structure that the end user (yes, even the ones who expect everyone to tear apart their ARFs) had a reasonable expectation of it being up to the task. No amount of customers' badgering or indelicacy can explain that away--and a few emails meant to pacify a guy while he's being strung along on a timeline wouldn't help me to feel better about it.

Old 08-28-2013, 04:08 PM
sidgates
My Feedback: (2)

How can I contact you direct about Yellow Aircraft issue?
Old 08-28-2013, 04:18 PM
Shaun Evans

Sid,

I'd say call me, but I'm in the Philippines right now. I get back on the 3rd. You can also email me or even discuss it here.

Thanks
Old 08-28-2013, 04:20 PM
Airplanes400
My Feedback: (349)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Yeah, that's right ... the F-14.
Least we forget the $20,000.00 loss of Dubds F-14. Let me write that again ...
Twenty Thousand Dollars !!!
That's what Dubd lost as a result of faulty design structure of the FEJ F-14.
Do you want to forget about that, and "sweep it under the rug"?

I think not!
That will forever be a reminder to everyone as to how FEJ turns their backs on their customers and denies accountability. Sure, FEJ will "help" out with small dollar amounts, or they may even sometimes ship on-time. But for the most part, customers are waiting a year for a jet that was promised in 8 weeks. The overall service and performance of FEJ is severely lacking. So, no. The F14 incident will never be forgotten or put to rest.

Maybe you could empathize if you lost TWENTY THOUSAND DOLLARS.

Last edited by Airplanes400; 08-28-2013 at 04:24 PM.
Old 08-28-2013, 04:33 PM
tinal

Airplanes400,

good job. keep bashing FEJ everyday. You will get the first place reward from .............................those ..............................................
Old 08-28-2013, 04:53 PM
Plane Insane

Originally Posted by tinal
good job. keep bashing FEJ everyday. You will get the first place reward from .............................those ..............................................

........ people like me who may very well have spent $20,000.00+ on a similar FEJ plane and lost it all too..

BTW.. There is a difference in "bashing" and sharing your experiences with a company so others can make their own informed decisions.
If there was nothing backing up all the complaints, that would be something else, but obviously there is plenty of solid information...
The only people who should be getting upset that it doesn't stay buried is FEJ.. And they have the power to change it if they wanted to..

Old 08-28-2013, 07:05 PM
Bob Toilet

Originally Posted by Airplanes400
Yeah, that's right ... the F-14.
Least we forget the $20,000.00 loss of Dubds F-14. Let me write that again ...
Twenty Thousand Dollars !!!
That's what Dubd lost as a result of faulty design structure of the FEJ F-14.
Do you want to forget about that, and "sweep it under the rug"?

I think not!
That will forever be a reminder to everyone as to how FEJ turns their backs on their customers and denies accountability. Sure, FEJ will "help" out with small dollar amounts, or they may even sometimes ship on-time. But for the most part, customers are waiting a year for a jet that was promised in 8 weeks. The overall service and performance of FEJ is severely lacking. So, no. The F14 incident will never be forgotten or put to rest.

Maybe you could empathize if you lost TWENTY THOUSAND DOLLARS.
At first i empathized, but now i dont. You guys have destroyed this forum. If you can't afford to loose the money, don, t buy the plane.
Old 08-28-2013, 07:11 PM
gjhinshaw
My Feedback: (303)

It's really sad that you have something good to say about a company, and you get blasted for it

Last edited by gjhinshaw; 08-28-2013 at 08:18 PM.
Old 08-28-2013, 07:54 PM
gjhinshaw

You can always get insurance for your mistakes that you have.

Absolutely! As a fairly new guy to the turbine side of this hobby, and someone who may very well have spent many thousands of dollars with FEJ, I find all of this information.. well.. "Priceless".
In less than a year I've spent over $35k between turbine helis and now planes and I don't expect that to be anywhere close to the final tally before this year is out.
The Tomcat is one of my favorite planes and I was "window shopping" FEJ's site with crazy thoughts of what might one day be in my hanger.. Then I found Dantley's thread.. And then all the others.
I can't thank all who have posted their experiences enough.. Had my first experiences been similar I likely wouldn't have been into jets very long..

While it's nice that they've returned an email or two for something relatively simple and inexpensive, they have failed miserably (IMO) where it really counts...
If a company has crappy or no customer service, they will never get my money.. And honestly, they don't deserve to be in business. I know my company would be dust in short order if I treated my customers the way FEJ has their own.

David

Last edited by gjhinshaw; 08-28-2013 at 08:16 PM.
Old 08-28-2013, 08:00 PM
gjhinshaw

I wonder just HOW MANY of so called jet pilots on here have actually owned a FEJ????

Business owners don't have the luxury (if they want to stay in business) of telling people "where to put their problem" when a customer is unhappy, especially when they have every reason to be.
I'm well aware that you can't please everyone in most aspects of life and business but there is the other extreme, exemplified by FEJ and how they treat customers with legitimate grievances.
It is good to hear that they give you numerous updates and pictures, and the other guy replacement parts, but these don't cost them a penny, nor does it threaten their business.
When Dantley's 14 fireballed after the the tail failed (as it clearly did), I read nothing but levelheadedness in his posts.. He didn't get angry until well after the fact.. The fact being no response from FEJ.

So, if it's not a big deal then their communications are good with customers. If it is a big deal, and could be a problem for them, you get silence. or the run-around...
Personally, I'm more concerned with big deals than little ones.. Though, I like to have those addressed as well when I'm spending the kind of money we are on this hobby..

Last edited by gjhinshaw; 08-28-2013 at 08:16 PM.
Old 08-28-2013, 08:04 PM
Shaun Evans

I guess we all have something good to say about a company. .. and what you do in private is not of my concern, suck away!

LOL!

Don't Ask, Don't Tell...right?! I think you're right (to an extent) about the dollar figure not being the issue. For some, a $20k model airplane is no more substantial an investment/risk than a $500 model airplane is for others. I once owned a $16k model airplane and sold it (for significantly less) after less than a dozen flights because in the end, I realized that I couldn't afford to crash it--which meant that I couldn't really afford to fly it. It was no fun flying around feeling like I was being a reckless or irresponsible father every time I pushed the left stick forward...

HOWEVER, I think it's just dumb to pretend that there's no difference between crashing an airplane due to bad luck or dumb-thumbs and crashing an airplane because parts you have no access to (but DO have a reasonable expectation that they are soundly designed and built) are anything but. If that attitude had any real-world validity, then there'd be no such thing as product recalls (or any other manifestation of a presumption of liability on the part of a manufacturer). Anyone who says that they'd be happy buying a $20k (or $10k or $5k) model airplane with what we all saw in the X-rays--with the intention of putting it in the air--is full of you-know-what. To me, that's the bottom line. As far as I'm concerned, a lot of the rest of this just that Mark Twain phenomena, when the duped townsfolk want everyone else to buy tickets to the medicine show so that they'll all 'be in the same boat' and not singled out as fools. Cognitive dissonance at its worst.
Old 08-28-2013, 08:22 PM
david surick

you arrrr old time to move on please when you complain its your time to go
Old 08-29-2013, 01:36 AM
chopper52

My call sign says it all Period................ Read This http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1867987

Last edited by chopper52; 08-29-2013 at 04:33 AM.
Old 08-29-2013, 05:11 AM
FalconWings
My Feedback: (57)

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by chopper52
My call sign says it all Period................ Read This http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1867987
In your case, FEJ simply STOLE money from you.

#FlyEagleJets

Last edited by FalconWings; 08-29-2013 at 05:14 AM.
Old 08-29-2013, 06:15 AM
essyou35
My Feedback: (11)

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

I like FEJ but I admit all my f-16 doesnt fly as much as it could. From my understanding scale jets are like that. But everytime I have contacted FEJ I have recieved what I need.

They do in fact take shortcuts and have some QC issues. But so does jet legend. I have the viperjet that is suppose to be one of the best quality from them and the flap horns are about 10 degees off from the servo horn. This is becuase of the type of hinge with built in horn they used would interfere with the servo pocket, they could not put it where it needed to go. So they the just offset it and told me "it is designed that way".

All of these guys do that crap.
Old 08-29-2013, 06:50 AM
j.duncker

Due to the quality and content of recent posts I am locking this one now.
Old 08-29-2013, 07:17 AM
j.duncker

test