Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

I think we lost our hard earned.........

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

I think we lost our hard earned.........

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2013, 07:47 AM
RCFlyerDan
My Feedback: (54)

Received 71 Likes on 52 Posts
Default BUYERS! SELLERS!! I think we lost our hard earned.........

Hey Guys!!

I have been searching around on the new site trying to learn the site. There are a lot of new additions, that are nice. BUT! I think we lost our hard earn Buyer's and Seller's feedback!!! I was looking at my profile to see what is there and what isn't there. Feedback is back to ZERO! It has taken me about 10 years to get great 100% Buyer and Seller feedback!! I hate to think we have to start over?

If so, I humbly request that it be up loaded from the previous site set up. If you feel the same way? Chime in!! Dan

Last edited by RCFlyerDan; 08-31-2013 at 08:17 AM.
Old 08-31-2013, 08:36 AM
DelGatoGrande
My Feedback: (23)

Received 17 Likes on 11 Posts

mine still works and i have all photos in my gallery too http://DelGatoGrande.rcuniverse.com

try yours : http://RCFlyerDan.rcuniverse.com\

i dont know how we can visit this page any other way. New RCU sucks

Last edited by DelGatoGrande; 08-31-2013 at 08:39 AM.
Old 08-31-2013, 08:39 AM
RCFlyerDan

The link you said to try, didn't work. Yes! I know the Gallery Pictures are still there. I am worried about the feedback!! There are a lot of things to get used to on the new site. A lot of the things are still there, just different locations. But, I hope we didn't loose our Buyer's and Seller's feedback!! That is what this forum is about! Where is our FeedBack?

Last edited by RCFlyerDan; 08-31-2013 at 08:46 AM.
Old 08-31-2013, 08:52 AM
DelGatoGrande
My Feedback: (23)

Received 17 Likes on 11 Posts

started a same thread few days ago: http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-j...-problems.html

none of the mods seem to care
Old 08-31-2013, 08:59 AM
RCFlyerDan

I am not sure if MOD are IT guys, or just guys' who like to delete? I don't think they have that expertise?
Old 08-31-2013, 09:48 AM
Andrew Bird

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I just checked all my market feedback and it's all still there - in the market place. I really don't know what the market feedback rating next to posts is all about but it seems when you buy / sell in the market place, that feedback remains as was......
Old 08-31-2013, 09:53 AM
RCFlyerDan

You're right! But, when a person looks at their Profile, it should be there to? Otherwise, we can let the MOD delete this forum. Dan
Old 08-31-2013, 09:57 AM
RCFlyerDan

Just kind of the hard way to get there. A member's feedback should be on all of the links they provide on the web site.
Old 08-31-2013, 10:04 AM
Andrew Bird

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

It does seem pretty half arsed to have two different bits of what is the same feedback. If not to identify good sellers but to give bad sellers less of a place to hide!
Old 08-31-2013, 10:54 AM
j.duncker
My Feedback: (2)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You might like to describe your problems re Marketplace feedback either with the Market place mod or with the IT guys via the link at the top of the page.

The Marketplace is quite separate from the forums albeit some data re members ids does get ported back and forth.

Re the comment about mods being IT people. There is absolutely no requirement for IT skills to be a mod. A healthy dose of common sense, endless patience and persistance.

A nose for the latest reincarnation of BigPlumbs is helpful too on this forum.

It so happens that several mods are IT people but we have no access to code and neither should we. After all I sometimes describe my self as "A monkey patching programmer; retired".
Old 08-31-2013, 11:26 AM
[email protected]
My Feedback: (34)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

All my ratings are still in place.... You scared me for a minute.
Old 08-31-2013, 01:19 PM
sailing1
My Feedback: (134)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

OK, I am trying real hard to understand what "Market Feedback" as shown in the forums is and how one gets such feedback.

Would it be possible to explain that to one of your confused members?
Old 08-31-2013, 02:12 PM
[email protected]
My Feedback: (34)

When one buys or sells, the buyer (and seller) are given an opportunity to "Rate" the transaction, and leave detailed feedback about their experience. While not a foolproof method, it does give me the warm fuzzies to read good things about the person with whom I'm transacting business.
Old 08-31-2013, 03:34 PM
ssautter

My seller and buyer feedback will always be zero! RCG is my go-to site for classified auctions.

Good riddance to bad rubbish....
Old 08-31-2013, 05:16 PM
3dd
My Feedback: (6)

never mind

Last edited by 3dd; 08-31-2013 at 05:19 PM.
Old 08-31-2013, 06:08 PM
mongo
My Feedback: (15)

Received 80 Likes on 70 Posts

a week or so ago, some guy made a slightly "tongue in cheek" post in the bugs thread about being religiously oppressed by the "forum Karma" box on everybody's posts. within a few hours it was changed to the current "market feedback" . kinda doubt that, that is what it actually is. more along the lines of some programmer type practicing some CYA, than an actual, useable number.
Old 08-31-2013, 06:19 PM
davidhand

My old ratings ie. prior to the big change, are still there but there have been no new ratings since the big change.
Old 08-31-2013, 07:43 PM
BoomerSooner
My Feedback: (80)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm noticing that there are no new ratings as well. My profile in the "new" RCU shows 0 feedback. But if I go to my market and go to my profile there it shows the "old" RCU and all of my feed back is there. I've worked hard at keeping 100% positive feedback. Granted its only 55 ratings or so but that is 99% of the reason I stay on RCU. I really hope the IT guys fix this issue. I feel it's only a matter of time before the "old" (good) RCU is not accessible. If that becomes a reality then I can guarantee I will no longer be a member of this website. Thank you OP for pointing this out. I was totally unaware of this issue
Old 09-01-2013, 02:58 AM
RCFlyerDan

Originally Posted by j.duncker
You might like to describe your problems re Marketplace feedback either with the Market place mod or with the IT guys via the link at the top of the page.

The Marketplace is quite separate from the forums albeit some data re members ids does get ported back and forth.

Re the comment about mods being IT people. There is absolutely no requirement for IT skills to be a mod. A healthy dose of common sense, endless patience and persistance.

A nose for the latest reincarnation of BigPlumbs is helpful too on this forum.

It so happens that several mods are IT people but we have no access to code and neither should we. After all I sometimes describe my self as "A monkey patching programmer; retired".
We, as end users, shouldn't have to go to a different place to report this issue. You are a MOD who has now acknowledged the issue. Maybe, since you work for RCU, you should please report the issue!!! Thanks!! Dan
Old 09-01-2013, 03:27 AM
RCFlyerDan

Thank you MOD! Dan

Last edited by RCFlyerDan; 09-01-2013 at 07:11 AM. Reason: Mod deleted SPAM
Old 09-01-2013, 04:03 AM
FTiano
My Feedback: (11)

Advertisers spend their money with RCU to have their Banner Ads displayed at key moments. But why would any advertiser spend their money on a site that people are annoyed or aggravated with?
If less people are visiting RCU, then RCU may not be the place to advertise. With that in mind, wouldn't you think that RCU would do anything in their power to make the site as user friendly as possible to
the people that visit it regularly? When RCU started having their problems, and when they were getting hundreds of complaints, is the time that we, and many others, dropped our advertising.
We want to advertise on a site that people go to often and are in a good frame of mind while there. Who reads ads when they are annoyed or pithed off because the site is difficult to navigate?
Not many!
Old 09-01-2013, 04:13 AM
RCFlyerDan

Originally Posted by FTiano
Advertisers spend their money with RCU to have their Banner Ads displayed at key moments. But why would any advertiser spend their money on a site that people are annoyed or aggravated with?
If less people are visiting RCU, then RCU may not be the place to advertise. With that in mind, wouldn't you think that RCU would do anything in their power to make the site as user friendly as possible to
the people that visit it regularly? When RCU started having their problems, and when they were getting hundreds of complaints, is the time that we, and many others, dropped our advertising.
We want to advertise on a site that people go to often and are in a good frame of mind while there. Who reads ads when they are annoyed or pithed off because the site is difficult to navigate?
Not many!
Excellent points Frank! Thank you for your valuable input. Please spend your money on RC Jet Addiction! But, I think you already are helping Dustin. Dan
Old 09-01-2013, 05:32 AM
MX240
My Feedback: (4)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

With the new "change" I lost all my album pictures.
Some of them are not replaceable.
Market feed back is also gone.
Sad
Old 09-01-2013, 05:52 AM
RCFlyerDan

Originally Posted by MX240
With the new "change" I lost all my album pictures.
Some of them are not replaceable.
Market feed back is also gone.
Sad

MX- I did find your "Gallery Pictures" It was only one page of pictures. Does that sound about right? If so, I suggest, you copy and paste them back to your hard drive.
Old 09-01-2013, 05:56 AM
RCFlyerDan

Originally Posted by RCFlyerDan

MX- I did find your "Gallery Pictures" It was only one page of pictures. Does that sound about right? If so, I suggest, you copy and paste them back to your hard drive.
MX- I did a search, and it takes you back to the "old style RCU web site" set up.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.