Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Petition to Ban Fly Eagle Jets in North America

Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Petition to Ban Fly Eagle Jets in North America

Old 10-07-2013, 03:33 PM
shlitz

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Petition to Ban Fly Eagle Jets in North America

I have started a petition to ban these people from North America before someone gets killed here is the link if you are interested.

https://www.change.org/en-CA/petitio...-north-america
Old 10-07-2013, 04:20 PM
FalconWings
My Feedback: (57)

This is not a good idea.
Old 10-07-2013, 04:23 PM
FenderBean

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by shlitz View Post
I have started a petition to ban these people from North America before someone gets killed here is the link if you are interested.

https://www.change.org/en-CA/petitio...-north-america
Your location says Canada, why are you so worried about our country? Why not start with Canada?
I get your new, im new as well but I read all the good and bad things about my first jet which was a fej as well. I'm not barking at you just wondering
Old 10-07-2013, 04:30 PM
bcovish
My Feedback: (8)

Originally Posted by FalconWings View Post
This is not a good idea.
Agreed
Old 10-07-2013, 04:30 PM
causeitflies

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by FalconWings View Post
This is not a good idea.
...and the next petition will be to ban ALL turbine jets.
I can see this getting out to the public and end up with thousands of signatures by people who know nothing about it. I've seen it happen.
I'd like to start a petition to ban all petitions.
Old 10-07-2013, 04:33 PM
causeitflies

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by FenderBean View Post
Your location says Canada, why are you so worried about our country? Why not start with Canada?
I get your new, im new as well but I read all the good and bad things about my first jet which was a fej as well. I'm not barking at you just wondering
Hmmm... I thought Canada was in North America.
Old 10-07-2013, 04:33 PM
FenderBean

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

"Can we say were are not going to protest?" sorry couldnt resist

Cause, yes it is but its two different countries

Last edited by FenderBean; 10-07-2013 at 04:39 PM.
Old 10-07-2013, 04:45 PM
Helijet

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I am from Canada and I WILL NOT SIGN SUCH A PETITION. That is a very slippery slope.

Dean Wichmann
MAAC 14436L
Old 10-07-2013, 04:54 PM
M3Baker

Originally Posted by causeitflies View Post
...and the next petition will be to ban ALL turbine jets.
I can see this getting out to the public and end up with thousands of signatures by people who know nothing about it. I've seen it happen.
I'd like to start a petition to ban all petitions.
Agreed. +1
Old 10-07-2013, 05:13 PM
LGM Graphix
My Feedback: (22)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

What do you think it will actually solve? Absolutely nothing, not only that, an online petition with typed signatures doesn't hold ANY water anyway. Don't buy their product, don't allow them to fly at any event you run, fine. I have zero use for them myself, but the simple fact is, IF you get anybody with the authority to do anything to look at this petition, they will ask if any other manufactures jets have ever crashed for ANY reason and then bye bye hobby.
Bottom line is, there will ALWAYS be poorly manufactured products, and there will ALWAYS be people that will buy them despite the warnings. Don't go and risk f'ing up the whole hobby by being overly dramatic with this situation. I don't believe I've ever heard of an RC jet killing anyone yet, but RC helicopters have, pylon racing has, giant scale has, but nobody is going off half cocked trying to ban all those disciplines.

The way their aircraft are designed and built are very unsafe and they have had multiple incidences where the airframes failed in flight nearly killing people and all they do is blame everyone but themselves. We need to stop them from coming across seas and being distributed before someone actually gets killed.
Multiple incidents where they nearly killed somebody? Where did any of them nearly kill somebody? I saw one video where it came apart and went past the pilot who was at the edge of the runway. I've heard of many crashes, but haven't heard that anyone was even hit much less nearly killed. Lets put things back in check here and try to be a little less dramatic, there is being proactive and then there is fear mongering, don't cross that line.

Last edited by LGM Graphix; 10-07-2013 at 05:16 PM.
Old 10-07-2013, 05:22 PM
David Searles
My Feedback: (49)

I hereby petition we all ignore this one and post no additional comments. Let it fade to the back pages ASAP!

NOTHING good can come of this!

David S
Old 10-07-2013, 05:27 PM
lopflyers
My Feedback: (12)

Hey guys: North America is US, Canada & Mexico.
To sign a petition is CRAZY
Old 10-07-2013, 05:49 PM
Dig it

Nah Brother. I won't buy there stuff, thats a given, but I'm not touching that.

Dale Ivey
Old 10-07-2013, 05:55 PM
shlitz

Originally Posted by causeitflies View Post
Hmmm... I thought Canada was in North America.
Bingo!
Old 10-07-2013, 06:00 PM
shlitz

Originally Posted by David Searles View Post
I hereby petition we all ignore this one and post no additional comments. Let it fade to the back pages ASAP!

NOTHING good can come of this!

David S
So what about if one of these jets hit someone at a flying field or event? Then what? I think it will be worse if it happens that way.
Old 10-07-2013, 06:09 PM
LGM Graphix
My Feedback: (22)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

So what about if one of these jets hit someone at a flying field or event? Then what? I think it will be worse if it happens that way.
And what if a pilot f's up and hits somebody or crashes into the crowd with a BVM jet, or Airworld, or comp arf or or or or? What if a helicopter or giant scale aerobatic plane, or or or or. Yes, FEJ is making crap, but so are other manufactuers of prop planes too. There are people out there who can buy a BVM kit or any other kit and do a terrible job building it and have it come apart. What is the answer, I have no idea, but trying to ban one manufacture isn't going to do anything but damage the hobby. People have died at the hands of model airplanes, and in the eyes of the public, or the courts, nobody is going to care who the manufacture is, they will paint the entire hobby with the same brush and we'll be screwed no matter what we fly.
Old 10-07-2013, 07:12 PM
David Searles
My Feedback: (49)

Why didn't you have this opinion BEFORE yours ended up in flames? The info was out there. You could have been the one to kill somebody from the looks of that crash!

Your Holier than Thou attitude now, doesn't quite quite work. Sorry!

David S

Last edited by David Searles; 10-07-2013 at 07:30 PM.
Old 10-07-2013, 07:44 PM
rcjetsaok
My Feedback: (7)

I have one question of this idea, that being, What governing body is going to implement this ban and who is going to enforce it.??... Interpol, United Nations, WHO ??? I don't know much about the going on's in Canada, but here in the United States our Government is closed. We can't even afford 4 whole fried chickens and a coke... much less 2 pieces of dry white toast... I must agree, A very bad idea indeed.

Danno

Last edited by rcjetsaok; 10-07-2013 at 07:53 PM.
Old 10-07-2013, 08:43 PM
jetster81

Don't sign any petitions,just don't buy the products, it's that simple! I can't understand why everyone is going on and on about these products when everyone is by now aware that they are faulty.
Old 10-07-2013, 09:21 PM
Ram-bro
My Feedback: (101)

vote with your wallet people. Do you really want the govt involved with the hobby deeper than it is? Besides, you ban FEJ and all they have to do is change thgeir name or come under new ownership....havent gained anything. Vote with your wallet I say
Old 10-07-2013, 10:23 PM
Kelly W
My Feedback: (2)

Originally Posted by Helijet View Post
I am from Canada and I WILL NOT SIGN SUCH A PETITION. That is a very slippery slope.

Dean Wichmann
MAAC 14436L
I'm in line with Dean,

The market is and will be efficient. Supply and demand will catch up, so long as we all do our best to concentrate on mentorship and proactive education of lesser experienced pilots. Taking a high level position of restricting any one manufacturer could result in opening a very large can of worms.

The hobby we all enjoy today (In Canada, the US, or NA as a whole) is a privilege that is being maintained with a great deal of effort from many people. Lets not make it any tougher on them please...

Kelly

Last edited by Kelly W; 10-07-2013 at 10:27 PM.
Old 10-07-2013, 11:39 PM
Tarasdad

Don't buy FEJ aircraft. Don't attend jet meets that allow FEJ aircraft to be flown, who have them as a sponsor or who allow them to attend as a vendor. Don't allow them to be flown at your club field.

Don't waste your time with petitions that have very little chance of any meaningful positive outcome.
Old 10-08-2013, 01:22 AM
Gary Arthur
My Feedback: (29)

Originally Posted by David Searles View Post
Why didn't you have this opinion BEFORE yours ended up in flames? The info was out there. You could have been the one to kill somebody from the looks of that crash!

Your Holier than Thou attitude now, doesn't quite quite work. Sorry!

David S
Dave

if you read his other post you will see that he had installed the "fix" from FEJ that consisted of a carbon plate for the stab. He was told by FEJ that has resolved the issue. Obviously it has not.

Many people say that with all this information out there now that it is only a matter of time until people stop buying this crap.

It would be interesting to hear from anyone that has purchased one of these recently knowing about the issues and why they decided to still purchase one. Is it only the price? Is it the big shinny jet?
Old 10-08-2013, 01:42 AM
S E Repton

Originally Posted by FenderBean View Post
Did you really just say that?!

I would buy an atlas before worrying about model aircraft!
Old 10-08-2013, 01:54 AM
Downwind3Zero
My Feedback: (10)

You want to ban "people"???
Seriously, you need to rethink what you are trying to accomplish and be more tactful with what you write man!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.