Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Am I being inpatient or unreasonable?

Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Am I being inpatient or unreasonable?

Old 10-14-2013, 10:47 PM
Justflying1

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Am I being inpatient or unreasonable?

Hello Everyone,
approximately nearly 7 months ago a kit I ordered was shipped to me from the manufacturer. He did state to me that there will be two scale parts missing as he did not like the mould and needed to make new ones. This was going to take two weeks which I thought fair enough. Well all this time has come around and still no parts. I have sent 3-4 emails enquiring about my parts and I always get told a couple of weeks it will be posted. This is getting very frustrating and I'm sure if he lived on my side of the world I would have gone knocking on his door. Any way the exchange in emails have not been rude in anyway of form but on the last email I did state that although I'm very happy with the kit I would think twice about ordering another kit because of the stuff around. My email has yet to be answered. I'm not the sort to rat this blokes name on Rc universe but was wondering if I'm being unreasonable or should I just keep on waiting. Please don't ask for a name or business.

Ivan
Old 10-14-2013, 11:39 PM
fireblade5437

Ivan

No you are not being unreasonable but I cannot see any point of posting unless you are willing to name etc as this is the only way it seems you will achieve an outcome!

Hope you get your parts....

Alan
Old 10-15-2013, 01:33 AM
Justflying1

I'm just trying to give him ever possible chance to post the goods. I do realise that some people are busy but I guess they do have to try and be a little more realistic about the waiting time.
Old 10-15-2013, 02:15 AM
Levi Wags

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Hey Ivan,

I hope your well.
i think you have every right to be pissed. Especially if u have already paid for the goods. Im over this pay up front then wait like a puppet. I don't think u have to drag the blokes name through mud just yet. I understand u just want opinions on the situation but it may get to that. Everyone is busy but the paying up front thing ****s me

I hope it gets sorted for u lad.

Cheers
Levi
Old 10-15-2013, 03:40 AM
Dr Honda
My Feedback: (4)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I see stories like this all the time on this board. That's why I refuse to buy a kit that is not listed as in stock, and in the country where i live. Once they have your $$$, it's hard to get them to do anything.
Old 10-15-2013, 07:16 AM
invertmast
My Feedback: (23)

Received 78 Likes on 56 Posts

How big of a part is it? Is it something that you have to have to build and fly? Not that it really matters in the situation, but if its a small part, maybe its worthwhile to just do it yourself.
Yes i know you paid for it and you should get it, i agree, but sometimes the frustration can be more frustrating than doing the part yourself.

That said, unless it is one of the big kit manufacturers, many of these places are a one man band with low volumes of sales and limited time ouside of their full time job. Maybe the guy is just burnt out or busy with "life". Maybe he is unhappy with the original part mold, but if its not to big of an issue to you, maybe an email explaining you would be happy with the original one would suffice to atleast get you A part.
Old 10-15-2013, 11:00 AM
luv2flyrc
My Feedback: (6)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Justflying1 View Post
Hello Everyone,
approximately nearly 7 months ago a kit I ordered was shipped to me from the manufacturer. He did state to me that there will be two scale parts missing as he did not like the mould and needed to make new ones. This was going to take two weeks which I thought fair enough. Well all this time has come around and still no parts. I have sent 3-4 emails enquiring about my parts and I always get told a couple of weeks it will be posted. This is getting very frustrating and I'm sure if he lived on my side of the world I would have gone knocking on his door. Any way the exchange in emails have not been rude in anyway of form but on the last email I did state that although I'm very happy with the kit I would think twice about ordering another kit because of the stuff around. My email has yet to be answered. I'm not the sort to rat this blokes name on Rc universe but was wondering if I'm being unreasonable or should I just keep on waiting. Please don't ask for a name or business.

Ivan
Hmmm, any chance he's located in Idaho? If so, heard this story and more many times

Mike

Last edited by luv2flyrc; 10-15-2013 at 11:02 AM.
Old 10-15-2013, 11:23 AM
Justflying1

Hello everyone,
first of all lets not speculate on who it is as I'm not willing to name this person or the business until I have given him every possible chance to send my products. I'm hopping he will send the products and this will be the end of it.

Levi I'm good hope you and the family are well. Hope to catch up with you on the next Jet meet and can't wait to see your new project you are working on all finished.

Invertmast the parts are only detail parts and I don't need them to fly the plane. This should not matter but as a respectful member of the modelling industry I would have expected him to be a little more professional and realistic with his time. Like I said he was not happy with the mould so hd requested more time to make a new one. This is fair enough and I respect his high standards instead of just posting me something which he thinks is not perfect. Like I said I'm very happy with the kit and other quality kits which I have seen. I do however believe that when you are in business you have to be realistic about the times and when giving a time frame you have to try to stick by it. We are not talking about it being one month late here.
Old 10-15-2013, 11:57 AM
rhklenke
My Feedback: (24)

Received 31 Likes on 18 Posts

I agree with Alan, you are not being unreasonable, but without knowing who it is, you're not going to get much help from the guys on here.

Since this manufacturer is somewhere other than Australia, you might think about contacting someone who IS where the manufacturer resides and has a relationship with said manufacturer, to see if they could help you.

Bob
Old 10-16-2013, 06:24 PM
scoeroo
My Feedback: (9)

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Dr Honda View Post
I see stories like this all the time on this board. That's why I refuse to buy a kit that is not listed as in stock, and in the country where i live. Once they have your $$$, it's hard to get them to do anything.
True that......
I paid for an F20.........waited 8 months never did see it but was told it was in stock - BS is what I was fed....
I eventualy told 'em to stick it and went with an ultra lightning
Old 10-16-2013, 07:15 PM
Justflying1

Well everyone, I received an email and I have got an apology and was told the new parts are being made for me. I don't believe that I will get robbed of my parts. I will let you know of the outcome but unless it all goes pear shape I'm going to keep his name and business confidential.
Old 10-17-2013, 05:30 AM
FalconWings
My Feedback: (57)

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

See, RCU extorsion works!
Old 10-17-2013, 07:30 AM
DrScoles
My Feedback: (18)

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

I think the "two more weeks" line is the kiss of death. Life is too short to put up with all this crap. I have four jets right now, and looking over them last night... the two BVM ones are the ones I can see keeping long term. I hate to be the conformist BVM snob, but their stuff just works and little to no BS to deal with. Just wish they made the scale jets we all desire.
Old 10-17-2013, 07:56 AM
raptureboy

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

So if you don't want to post a name then why post at all? How will this help another poor soul who will lay out their hard money to this guy only to be without anything to show for it? 7months waiting for a kit and now playing email tag for weeks and months on end???? I would say he has had more then enough chances to make parts and get it right. Good luck, he has your money so now he can take all the time he wants.
Old 10-17-2013, 08:59 AM
luv2flyrc
My Feedback: (6)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by raptureboy View Post
So if you don't want to post a name then why post at all? How will this help another poor soul who will lay out their hard money to this guy only to be without anything to show for it? 7months waiting for a kit and now playing email tag for weeks and months on end???? I would say he has had more then enough chances to make parts and get it right. Good luck, he has your money so now he can take all the time he wants.
+1,Hope you get your stuff, and if it's the one that I was referring to, there were lots of apologies and great excuses. I eventually received "most" of my stuff but, only after filing a Paypal dispute. ( four months later when unfortunately paypal couldn't do anything for me as I had waited too long but, the filing of the dispute prompted him to ship my stuff). All this, for stuff that was quoted as "being in stock" at time of order.

Mike
Old 10-17-2013, 09:49 AM
Justflying1

First of all I posted as I was asking if I was being unreasonable.
Second I have never heard anything bad about this person or his products.
I don't believe that his intentions was to rip me off. May I state that this was only two small parts i waiting on and not the whole kit.
Does not matter how good a business is sometimes things aren't going to work out rite. Well yes I have been waiting a long time and yes I am a little pissed but hey he i have never heard of anyone being ripped off by him and I can assure you that he won't.
This is why I wont mention his name or business as I'm not going to put a mark on someone's name and [email protected]$& his business just because he got a little bumpy with one customer. I believe that this was a one off incident. So please don't stress as I'm sure if you did deal with him it will be a pleasant experience.
Hope some of you can understand.

Ivan
Old 10-17-2013, 10:00 AM
siclick33

So you start a thread complaining about poor service and now you are defending the very person that you started the thread about. The excuse of 'am I unreasonable' seems to be a poor attempt at finding a reason to post your story. Surely you could tell if the service that you were receiving was unreasonable or not without anyone elses help.

It seems to me like you were just using RCU to threaten the supplier.
Old 10-17-2013, 10:06 AM
FalconWings
My Feedback: (57)

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by siclick33 View Post
So you start a thread complaining about poor service and now you are defending the very person that you started the thread about. The excuse of 'am I unreasonable' seems to be a poor attempt at finding a reason to post your story. Surely you could tell if the service that you were receiving was unreasonable or not without anyone elses help.

It seems to me like you were just using RCU to threaten the supplier.

See my post above.
Old 10-17-2013, 12:05 PM
Daniel-EL
My Feedback: (9)

Originally Posted by FalconWings View Post
See, RCU extorsion works!
ie, similar to extortion.

I have tried this w/o success against another (or maybe the same) RC peddler. In the end, I just stopped all future commerce with the man as my only means of retaliation. I won't name him, but will just say he's a resident of Canada.
Old 10-17-2013, 12:44 PM
Granpooba
My Feedback: (5)

Somebody does you wrong then NAME them !! Why let somebody off the hook that has wronged you ? YOU going to let them do this same deed to somebody else ?

On the other hand, when somebody does you right, then also name them. It sure helps out in this hobby to know who and where the better suppliers are.
Old 10-17-2013, 01:54 PM
Airplanes400
My Feedback: (349)

Originally Posted by Justflying1 View Post
I'm just trying to give him ever possible chance to post the goods. I do realise that some people are busy but I guess they do have to try and be a little more realistic about the waiting time.
I think you gave this person much more time than should be reasonably allowed.

This guy wasn't busy. He was just too lazy to get around to making your parts. Bottom line is that he just didn't feel like getting around to doing it. And probably because it took too much time, or it is something he just doesn't like to do/make. I bet that numerous customers who came after you were served before you.

You were neither unreasonable or impatient.

The guy that had you waiting for seven months is unreasonable and insensitive. Plus, his actions are inexcusable.

Last edited by Airplanes400; 10-17-2013 at 01:58 PM.
Old 10-17-2013, 02:51 PM
Desertlakesflying
My Feedback: (28)

Received 58 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by DrScoles View Post
I think the "two more weeks" line is the kiss of death. Life is too short to put up with all this crap. I have four jets right now, and looking over them last night... the two BVM ones are the ones I can see keeping long term. I hate to be the conformist BVM snob, but their stuff just works and little to no BS to deal with. Just wish they made the scale jets we all desire.
They will never do anymore than what they are doing because they have a long line of BVM snobs with deep pockets. So the question is why make other scale jets when you don't have to?
Old 10-17-2013, 05:18 PM
SCALECRAFT
My Feedback: (13)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have never, (in 1991) and will never offer a model that does not have all it's molds/parts perfect. I will also test fly it until it's capable of coming back in one piece.

Steve
Old 10-17-2013, 05:45 PM
Justflying1

Come one everyone no need to start pointing the finger or accusing anyone. Lets keep it civil.