Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Jeti-duplex-ds-16-2.4-ghz >

Jeti-duplex-ds-16-2.4-ghz

Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Jeti-duplex-ds-16-2.4-ghz

Old 02-22-2016, 11:55 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Remember that flight mode will overide each other, when on top of the one before, even if the switch makes the one below still active. This is one of the beauty of the Jeti flight mode syste

So if you sequence your flight mode in the right order you will eliminate a lot of the switching around.

It is also best to usually add some logical switch into the equation so that you can introduce some conditions you do not want to happen together.
Old 02-22-2016, 11:55 AM
My Feedback: (39)

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Don't fully understand if you want the gyro to be bound to your flight modes or if you want to have both separated. For the beginning, I suggest to have it separated to still have an option to turn off the gyro. In order to find the proper gain values, you will have to do some test flights first. If you turn up the rates too much and your plane starts oscillating, you will want to turn it off instantly, instead of having to find the knob to dial the rates down. Later on once you have the gyro dialed in, you will most likely have it active all the time.

Later on you could theoretically use the same switch on your TX to control the gyro modes AND the flight modes. The Jeti radio is very flexible so you can assign one switch to several different channels or functions. You could for example create 3 flight modes "Landing", "Default" and "3D" and assign these to a 3-way switch of your choice. All flight modes will have different dual rates, so your surfaces will have the throw you'll need to achieve what you want. You will also activate some mixes only for a certain flight mode, you'll need that for your thrust vectoring for example to be active only in the "3D" mode. The gyro channel can be programmed to be controlled by the same switch as the flight mode. This way you can set different gains for different flight modes without having to flip two switches.

FURTHERMORE DO NOT - AND I REPEAT THIS ONCE AGAIN - DO NOT USE THE IGYRO IN HOLD MODE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The "heading hold" mode is only for prop planes and you will kiss the dirt sooner or later. If you do not believe me, please read the articles about the "Torque Roll setup" in the Powerbox support forum.

Thomas

Last edited by bluelevel; 02-22-2016 at 12:00 PM.
Old 02-22-2016, 12:14 PM

By the way if you need in flight ajustement of the gyro sensitivity you can put it on a knob
(Pics are from my Cortex set up but I am sure iGyro works the same.)

With gyro sens switch centered, Off mode, the gain is 0%, no tuning stuff.
[ATTACH]2148855[/IMG]

With gyro sens switch in Normal Mode, the gain is -20%, the trim is 10%
[ATTACH]2148856[/IMG]

P8 is set so full clockwise increases the Normal mode gain, from -20% base by 10% to -30%. Full ccw sets Normal gain to -10%.
[ATTACH]2148857[/IMG]
Attached Images
File Type: bmp
image.bmp (225.1 KB, 119 views)
image.bmp (225.1 KB, 95 views)
image.bmp (225.1 KB, 112 views)
Old 02-22-2016, 04:28 PM
My Feedback: (32)

Hey Guys,

I recently purchased the Central Box 200 with three R3 receivers package. I updated the receivers to v3.25 and started to set them up with a Powerbox Champion SRS. When scrolling through the setting of one of the receivers, the photo below shows what I saw. The setting for the other two receivers were in English. I went through the update again and for the two receivers where the settings are in English, the update version was R3U_EN ver. 03.35. For the other receiver it was R3_CZ ver. 03.25. I could not find a way to make it update to the R3U_EN ver. 03.35 update. It has the Jeti US labels on the back. Is this receiver usable as is? Should I use It for the switch? Or should I should send it back to Esprit?

Thanks,
Kirk

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	WP_20160222_18_28_42_Rich_LI.jpg
Views:	1061
Size:	218.4 KB
ID:	2148894  

Last edited by k_sonn; 02-22-2016 at 08:50 PM. Reason: fix typo
Old 02-22-2016, 08:52 PM

tks for the info on they gyro and flight modes. will research further. Happy at present with switching but im sure the customer will want changes
Old 02-22-2016, 09:00 PM
My Feedback: (39)

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Kirk,

each receiver has a special programming depending on the country it was made for. This is because every country has special rules and requirements, so the hardware is the same, but the software isn't. This receiver apparently has the wrong US label or it was flashed incorrectly at the factory, but you will not be able to update it with the US software. I would definitely send it to Esprit and ask for an exchange.

Thomas
Old 02-23-2016, 06:40 AM
My Feedback: (7)

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by bluelevel
I also do not want to start a brand war and I understand this is a Jeti thread, but sometimes it seems as if people see through the rose colored Jeti glasses and blindly defend their products without even knowing what other brands have to offer. Would we be in a Giant Scale forum, I would agree with you that a CentralBox 200 is probably the best choice, because it usually offers all features you need. But since we are talking about jets, this is sometimes not the case. A jet often has more than 14 servos/outputs that the CB200 does not support. The CB200 also doesn't have a regulator function in case you are not running HV servos. Some Powerbox products have a built-in sequencer that is a lot easier to program than the TX's sequencer. In case you want to use a gyro, the Jeti CentralBoxes often have disadvantages, because they only accept the proprietary Jeti EX Bus protocol that no gyro can "speak". We had this discussion before :-)

So saying that the Powerbox is the "limiting factor" isn't fully true. It all depends on the application which advantages or disadvantages weigh more.

Thomas
A couple of comments. While I don't see Jeti through any rose colored glasses, I simply never cared for Powerbox due to the size, weight and expense. Back in the day when we didn't have receivers that could handle enough servos and transmitters didn't have sequencers or servo balancing functions they filled a real need but not so much today. Personally, I never liked to use voltage regulators so having them internal is not a feature I'm interested in. I prefer to simply match my unregulated batteries to the servos I'm using and often use A123s. For those that are concerned about load testing A123s, I don't bother, the CB200's battery voltage, current and capacity telemetry completely eliminates the need for that. As for sequencers, I find the sequencers provided in the transmitter to be easier to configure and more flexible than any dedicated sequencer I've used. I also find the servo balancing provided in the transmitter to be superior to the servo balancing provided by power expanders such as the Powerbox. With Jeti's 24 channel upgrade to the DS16 you can add a CB100 for an additional 8 channels to the CB200's 15 (not 14) channels for a total of 23 channels.

I'm not trying to talk anyone out of of using a Powerbox as I feel that everyone should use whatever equipment they are most comfortable with but to say that some of us are drinking the Jeti cool aid because we prefer a CB200 to a Powerbox unit simply isn't so. If the features provided by the Powerbox are important to you then you should use them but in all honest, with the way I prefer to setup my models, the CB200 fills all my needs, is more compact, more flexible and less expensive which is why I use them.

Also, my jets (140 sized) often don't really even need a power expander of any sort and I use a plain old R14 in a couple of them..

Last edited by wfield0455; 02-23-2016 at 06:44 AM.
Old 02-23-2016, 09:33 AM

Originally Posted by bluelevel
Kirk,

each receiver has a special programming depending on the country it was made for. This is because every country has special rules and requirements, so the hardware is the same, but the software isn't. This receiver apparently has the wrong US label or it was flashed incorrectly at the factory, but you will not be able to update it with the US software. I would definitely send it to Esprit and ask for an exchange.

Thomas
Thanks Thomas. I talked to Esprit this morning and they will replace the receiver.

Kirk
Old 02-24-2016, 07:18 AM

We have another one coming on-board with Jeti.

Zb/Jeti USA

Emcotec DPSI 2018 Jeti Duplex Power Distribution System S.Bus with Jeti Wireless RC Switch Interface.

http://www.espritmodel.com/emcotec-d...telemetry.aspx

Old 02-29-2016, 10:04 AM

Before I convert a jet to the Jeti DS-16 I wanted to convert a prop plane so I could get used to the setup and programming and fly it to get a feel for the radio. Over the weekend I converted a H9 electric powered P-47. I used a Central Box 200 with two R3 receivers and a third R3 as an RC switch. I also installed a MUI 200 to monitor the main flight packs and have a useable fuel gauge.

I approached the conversion with the mind set of this being a new build/installation. I love the "Jeti Way" of setting up an airplane. For me, the setup was intuitive and enjoyable. I setup 3 flight modes using the flap switch. Using Flight Mode Trims to set up the flaps was really nice and was the easiest way I have experienced to setting up flaps. The P-47 is ready for the remaiden as soon as the weather permits.

Next, I'll be converting a H9 Spitfire using the R10 receiver and then I'll tackle converting the Viper and PC-21, both have a Powerbox Royal SRS.

Kirk
Old 03-02-2016, 12:30 PM

Received 50 Likes on 30 Posts
Default telemetry

Hello Guys,

I just bought a nice and fresh carbon red DS-16. Wow, what a great TX is this. I must say this thread and also the one on RC Groups has been very helpful and I didn't experience a lot of problems with setting-up my existing planes.

I have a "minor" problem though, maybe somebody has clue what it could be.

I set-up my Ultra Flash with a Central box 200 (latest 24ch SW) and 2 Rsat RX (latest 24ch SW).
Pin EX1, pin 14 and pin 15 set to “telemtry input”.
All works very good but I have some minor telemetry problems.
I hook up a PB GPS 2, JJXC-EX (Jetcat telemetry) and Jeti Mbar on the above mentioned pins.
Total telemetry inputs is 25 including the telemetry of the CB200. Above that I have the “standard” RX telemetry and batt RX voltage. (RX1, RX2, RX1 batt, RX2 batt and Q values) so I “guess” total should be 30?
The Mbar is "visual" in device explores.
The problems is that the value of the MBAR (pressure and temperature) are sometimes on and off on the DS-16 display. This happens a couple of times per minute but there is no pattern regarding time interval. The JJXC generates 6 parameters and 2 of them have a little bit the same issue. (Fuel left, ECU voltage)
You can see in "device explorer" that the Mbar is connected/disconnected. (check mark/cross repeatedly )
I already swapped the sensors between port and also replaced patch cables but this doesn’t seems the problem.
I disconnected the JJXC-EX and GPS sensor to see if the data stream is to high, but also this did not solve the problem. I also refreshed the telemtry in sensor/logging menu a couple of times.

Does anyone have experienced an issue like this?
Could it be a faulty Mbar or SW problem?

Thanks!
Old 03-04-2016, 06:37 AM

Default Trim buttons ideas?

I find that with the autotrim function on planes/jets and with FBL units where you deactivate trims, I never use the trim buttons on my Jeti Tx.

Since they can be used for other means. Have any of you found some useful functions for them other than trim? Please list them if any.
Old 03-04-2016, 04:59 PM

I have searched high and low through this thread but cant see to find where I may locate an answer to my dilemma.

In the trim screen I can adjust the normal trim functions but the middle two are not assigned to any switch, knob or trim button. One of them is showing as +100 and the other 0. I want the one @ +100 to be back @ 0.

I don't know how it got there in the first place. Any hints as to where I may find which it has been assigned to please.
Old 03-05-2016, 05:11 AM

Originally Posted by number27
I have searched high and low through this thread but cant see to find where I may locate an answer to my dilemma.

In the trim screen I can adjust the normal trim functions but the middle two are not assigned to any switch, knob or trim button. One of them is showing as +100 and the other 0. I want the one @ +100 to be back @ 0.

I don't know how it got there in the first place. Any hints as to where I may find which it has been assigned to please.
The 2 central trims on the trim screen aren't assigned to anything by default. If you want to make use of them go into the Fine Tuning, Digital Trim menu and scroll down to the first unused slot unused slot, select the Trim field and then select your desired trim control switch. Ideally this should be a 3 position spring loaded switch. Scroll over to the next field and select it and select "Trim.Ctrl". These steps have setup TR5 (TR1-4 are the regular trim buttons).

Go to the Model Function menu and say we want to trim our steering function. Select your steering funtion would would use the rudder stick for a control, then scroll to the Trim field an select it. Press the center, Sequencer button (A\B) and scroll down past the sequencers and you will see TR1-TR4 which are the regular trim buttons, TR5 is the first trim created in an unused slot in the Trim menu and TR6 will be the second. Select TR5. Now, each time you press the 3 position trim switch one way, the trim value will increase, press it the other way and the trim value will decrease. Sorry if this post seems somewhat "scattered" but if you can't follow it I'll be happy to answer any questions. The key to this being useful is having a temporary control since trims always move 1 step at a time so you need to repeatedly press them to increase or decrease the value.

Last edited by wfield0455; 03-05-2016 at 05:15 AM.
Old 03-06-2016, 02:15 AM

Tks for the tips. Got rid of TR5 and TR6 now showing nothing not even the zero.
Old 03-06-2016, 08:13 AM
My Feedback: (2)

Received 135 Likes on 79 Posts

FYSA - a s/w bug in the latest 24channel update.

I posted this on the RCGroups Jeti forum, and it was confirmed that Jeti are working on a fix.

I'm setting up my new jet with my DS-16, using a CB400 and 3 R3/RSW's, all running the latest 24 channel s/w.

To keep a neat installation, I have some of my servos plugged into the right hand bank of the CB400 (Ch 13-24).

I noticed that on power on some of the servos in Ch 17-24 lock at their initial position (they don't move to the commanded position).Then with an initial control input that goes to a channel above Ch 16, those servos assigned to Ch 17-24 all jump to a hard-over position and lock. You have to apply an input to each channel individually to restore normal control to them.

This does not happen to the servos plugged into Ch 1-16, nor to a control input that only goes to Ch 1-16.

Some of the responses.

We already noticed this problem in german Jeti Forum.

http://www.jetiforum.de/index.php/ce...start=24#55774

German distributor Hacker informed Jeti about this; they are working on it to solve this.

I did some testing a few weeks ago on the beta 24-channel rx firmware and found some significant issues which I reported to Zb. One of the bugs was that the output EX Bus data only included 16 channels of data until changes in the "upper" channels occurred (eg by moving a stick or switch). Sounds similar to what you've experienced.

Paul

Last edited by JSF-TC; 03-06-2016 at 08:15 AM.
Old 03-12-2016, 12:32 AM

I have iGyro conencted to my R9 via the Sat Port. Have 1 x expander connected to EXT port on the R9. Have Xicoy turbine telemetry connected to this expander. I have then connected the RSAT to the 1st Expander and then my mspeed 450 x to the EXT port of the RSAT to save wiring from aft to front of model. The mpseed sensor does not show on TX or Profibox as working. if I plug the mpseed direct into the 1st expander all works. Why when the mpseed is plugged into the ext port of the rsat does it not work. If I disconnect the rsat from the xpander i get signal lost so the rsat is working.
Old 03-12-2016, 02:16 AM

worked it out with advice from Jeti supplier in Australia. Had to delete the mspeed telemetry from the DS16 and then re enter as ports had changed where telemetry was being received from. Tks Phil.
Old 03-12-2016, 03:37 PM

Hi Wayne, I'm using the Xicoy turbine telemetry unit...and on the Displayed Telemetry page under Telemetry I can select JETIBOX. In the next column (Double) there are two options...JB1 and JB2. Do you know what JB1 and 2 are?....and which do I select to view the turbine data on my TX screen?
thanks...

Last edited by Mi-25; 03-12-2016 at 03:42 PM.
Old 03-13-2016, 06:38 AM

This is what I have seen from Gaspar.

Zb/Jeti USA

Telemetry1” is compatible with Jeti,Multiplex and Futaba. “Telemetry2” add Graupner Hott to the list, and Telemetry3 add JR DMSS. But both are the same if used in Futaba, no differences.
Old 03-13-2016, 07:10 AM

Originally Posted by Jeti USA
This is what I have seen from Gaspar.

Zb/Jeti USA

Telemetry1” is compatible with Jeti,Multiplex and Futaba. “Telemetry2” add Graupner Hott to the list, and Telemetry3 add JR DMSS. But both are the same if used in Futaba, no differences.
Many thanks ZB...appreciated..
Old 03-15-2016, 04:07 AM

Originally Posted by Mi-25
Hi Wayne, I'm using the Xicoy turbine telemetry unit...and on the Displayed Telemetry page under Telemetry I can select JETIBOX. In the next column (Double) there are two options...JB1 and JB2. Do you know what JB1 and 2 are?....and which do I select to view the turbine data on my TX screen?
thanks...

I was at Florida Jets for a few days so I just saw this. As I recall the latest Xicoy ECU adapter really only needs the Jetibox, or the Xicoy GSU if you need to change something during during setup or if you need to access something other then telemetry data. I simply let my DS16 discover all the telemetry items and then added them to my front panel display via Displayed Telemetry menu. During startup, I simply look at the DS16 front panel and monitor EGT and RPM, etc during startup. If I need to do something like prime the fuel system, etc, I usually connect the GSU terminal.

In any event, since the Jetibox application on the DS16 is a virtual Jetibox, JB1 and JB2 are simply multiple copies that can be used to create a virtual Jetibox for 2 different devices. For example you could use JB1 to connect to the Xicoy ECU adapter and JB2 to connect to a Jeti receiver (to select clone mode, etc) or some other device you wanted to look at via a Jetibox and then swap between them by selecting JB1 or JB2. Hope this makes sense.

Last edited by wfield0455; 03-15-2016 at 04:10 AM.
Old 03-15-2016, 07:04 AM

Appreciated, thanks Wayne...
Old 03-16-2016, 05:22 AM

Have a look here, new Jeti DS-14 Diablo is excellent alternative for somebody with sport or smaller jets. We priced the radio very competitively at $999.00

Zb/Jeti USA

The new Jeti DS-14 Diablo transmitter allows you to create system that only includes what you actually need, but one that also gives you the opportunity for future expansion. For the first time Jeti’s DS-14, State-of-the-art transmitter lets you customize its software and features. Now, you only pay for features that you will actually use. Save up front on a cutting edge radio system, but keep your options open for when your needs change.

http://www.espritmodel.com/jeti-dupl...inum-case.aspx

Old 03-17-2016, 05:37 AM
My Feedback: (1)

Received 26 Likes on 16 Posts

Can someone enlighten me about the built-in "gyro" function, and jets.

I have a DS-16 and gyros in my jets, I use rate mode only so I create my own gyro function assigned to a rotary knob and use a function curve to limit the travel to the rate side of the gyro. Once I have established the value I want I transfer it to an on-off switch. I am happy with one value, I don't need it varied for cruise/landing etc.
What do the in-built gyro functions do, are they really intended for helis?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.