Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Jeti-duplex-ds-16-2.4-ghz >

Jeti-duplex-ds-16-2.4-ghz

Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Jeti-duplex-ds-16-2.4-ghz

Old 03-17-2016, 06:07 AM
My Feedback: (7)

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

The gyro function simply gives you a way to assign your gyro gain to a switch, knob, flight mode or whatever you want. It's also probably a bit simpler than what you are currently doing with function curves, etc. Simply say Yes to use gyro 1 and then you get a Gyro setting menu and then assign a knob or switch etc to the gyro function in Functions Assignment menu. If you chose a 3 position switch assuming you want 75% gain in the up switch position, 65% in the center and 20% in the down switch position, simply go into the gyro setting menu, select each switch position and assign the desired value to each position. The value can be positive, negative or 0 to select different gyro modes or disable the gyro completely for that switch position. It's as simple as that. If you decide you would like to be able to increase or decrease the gain for the first few flights simply assign a tuning knob and a scaling value. For example a gain of 60% with a tuning value of 10% assigned will allow you to adjust the assigned gain by +/- 10%. Fly the plane, select your desired switch position and then play with the knob to get the maximum gain you want without oscillations and then leave the knob alone. When you land the actual combination of the switch position and tuning knob setting will be in parens next to the switch setting in the gyro setting menu. If you no longer want the ability to tune the gain, simply assign that value to the desired switch position and disable the tuning knob. You could also simply have a 2 position switch with one position the desired max gain and the other set to zero to turn the gyro off. It's really very simple and quite flexible once you mess with it a bit..
Old 03-17-2016, 06:32 AM
My Feedback: (1)

Received 26 Likes on 16 Posts

Thanks Wayne, I will have a play with the gyro function. It might be worth tying it to the retract switch to get different gains for wheels up/down. But if I do that, i still insist on a master on/off switch so that if anything goes wrong such as a gyro breaking loose I can switch the gain off and disable the gyro, how would you program that?
Old 03-17-2016, 08:35 AM

Originally Posted by HarryC
Thanks Wayne, I will have a play with the gyro function. It might be worth tying it to the retract switch to get different gains for wheels up/down. But if I do that, i still insist on a master on/off switch so that if anything goes wrong such as a gyro breaking loose I can switch the gain off and disable the gyro, how would you program that?

I'm sure there is more than one way to get this done and something with a logical switch may be best but for an example, lets assume gear is on switch SB and so is gyro gain. In the gyro function we could assign the gear up position of SB to have a gain of 40%, a Tuning control assigned to 2 position switch SC and Tuning value of -40% which would cancel out and disable the gyro when SC is active. In the gear down position we could have the gain set to 60%, with Tuning control also set to SC and a tuning value of -60% to disable the gyro when SC is active. If SC off
then SB selects either 40% or 60% gain but whenever SC is active the gain is always set to 0 disabling the gyro.

EDIT:
I figured out a logical switch solution to accomplish the same thing:

L1 = SC Multi SB with SB assigned to to be proportional -100/+100 and Lin selected instead of X>0
L2 = L1 Multi SC

Gyro function assigned to L2. In gyro function this will give you 3 unique switch positions. When SC is in the disable position set gain to 0, When SC is the enable position you can select 2 unique gains via the gear switch. You can also have tuning controls set for each of these positions..

Last edited by wfield0455; 03-17-2016 at 09:48 AM.
Old 03-17-2016, 08:45 AM
My Feedback: (39)

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Harry, you just said that use use some sort gyro in your planes, but not which brand. Wayne's programming is a good idea to set up gains for a Cortex, but an iGyro or a JR gyro would need need a totally different approach.

Thomas
Old 03-17-2016, 11:27 AM

Originally Posted by bluelevel
Harry, you just said that use use some sort gyro in your planes, but not which brand. Wayne's programming is a good idea to set up gains for a Cortex, but an iGyro or a JR gyro would need need a totally different approach.

Thomas
Thomas,

I haven't used the igyro so I'm sure there are number of differences but a quick look at the manual seems to indicate that all you really need is a 3 position switch for flight mode select and a proportional control (knob, slider, etc) to tune the gain while running the test flight assistant. Purely from the gain adjusting part during setup, it is there anything more required than simply assigning a knob to give you a value between 0 and 100 ? Is the gain adjustment still useful once setup and flight testing is complete with the iGyro?

I've never even seen one of the JR gyros so I won't even try to speculate about that one..
Old 03-17-2016, 02:43 PM

Wayne,

the iGyro uses two additional channels, one being optional. The first channel needs a 3 position switch to select 1 of the 3 possible "flight modes" of the gyro, the gains of each flight mode can be programmed individually (gain for dampening and/or heading). Usually one of the three modes has all gains zeroed to turn off the gyro, but theoretically you could set gains there also. The second channel can be assigned to a knob to adjust the gain values in flight, but unlike the Cortex, it always expects a proportional signal from 0 to 100 (negative gain values do not work).

Both versions of the iGyro of course also support the dampening and heading mode, but unlike the Cortex you can combine dampening and heading mode for each flight mode and even set individual gains. Here's an example:

Mode 1: all gains 0 = gyro is off
Mode 2: 20% dampening gain for elevators, 30% dampening gain for ailerons, 40% dampening gain for rudder
Mode 3: 20% dampening AND 10% heading gain for elevators, 30% dampening AND 20% heading gain for ailerons, 40% dampening AND 0% heading gain for rudder

In flight mode 3 the gyro will have the heading mode active while the stick is at or close to center position, if you move the stick away from center, the heading is deactivated and the dampening comes into effect.

Important to know is also that the bigger iGyro SRS supports to set individual gains for each axis from the TX. The smaller iGyro 3e is similar to the Cortex and adjusts all 3 axis with one knob and you'll need a PC or Bluetooth connection to adjust the individual gains. Another difference to the Cortex is that the gain values are stored in the unit, so once you've adjusted your gains, all you need is the 3-position switch to activate your desired flight mode. The second channel can then be freed up and used for something else.

The bigger iGyro SRS also comes with a GPS sensor, it will adjust the gain values depending on your speed. I haven't flown the smaller iGyro 3e yet, so I don't know if that is just marketing or if there is really a difference.

Thomas

Last edited by bluelevel; 03-17-2016 at 02:49 PM.
Old 03-17-2016, 06:13 PM
My Feedback: (251)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

HI all, setting up my Jeti-DS16, most is done, just need a bit of help with flight mode on flaps with 3 position switch, set up looks good, just the ai.ele., and rud., trim not working yet. What am I missing. Trim stays the same on all 3 positions.
Thanks Rcpete

Last edited by rcpete347; 03-17-2016 at 06:25 PM.
Old 03-17-2016, 10:56 PM

Received 50 Likes on 30 Posts

Hey guys,
We have some trouble with an other Mbar. This time in a different jet.
Last week we hooked up a Mbar in a jet that was working great.
Last evening, we were finetuning the jet, but the Mbar stays on 0,0 PSI (air pressure was in the system). We already refreshed the sensor in the Telemetry/logging menu and also via device explorer reseted the Mbar, but Mbar stays on 0,0 PSI.
The weird thing is if we use the Jetibox emulator, It says "Mbar not calibrated". We can't find a way to calibrate the Mbar.
Anyone has a suggestion?
Thanks Didier
Old 03-18-2016, 12:47 AM

Wayne, thanks for your help, I got it working last night and I can see it is a useful tool. Your solution to disable the gyro using the opposing value on the switch works fine and doesn't need the complication of logical switches. For a moment I thought it was a pity that using a rotary knob only allows setting one value in flight since that value is carried over to other switch positions until I realised that each switch position allows a different knob, so gear up can use knob 7 and gear down use knob 8.

Thomas, I have a mixture of ACT Fuzzy Pro, Cortex, and igyro 1e, all use the same method of a channel to control gain, I don't see the igyro 3 as being any different.
Old 03-18-2016, 12:49 AM

Originally Posted by rcpete347
HI all, setting up my Jeti-DS16, most is done, just need a bit of help with flight mode on flaps with 3 position switch, set up looks good, just the ai.ele., and rud., trim not working yet. What am I missing. Trim stays the same on all 3 positions.
Thanks Rcpete
Sounds like your trim is still global, rather than specific to each mode. Last time I tried it i had to set it to specific in both the trims menu and the flight modes menus, just doing it in flight modes menu alone didn't work
Old 03-18-2016, 04:03 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

HarryC you might find this also useful. A nice tutorial for the Cortex with Jeti with a lot of new ideas added:
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2159040
Old 03-18-2016, 04:56 AM

Originally Posted by bluelevel
Wayne,

the iGyro uses two additional channels, one being optional. The first channel needs a 3 position switch to select 1 of the 3 possible "flight modes" of the gyro, the gains of each flight mode can be programmed individually (gain for dampening and/or heading). Usually one of the three modes has all gains zeroed to turn off the gyro, but theoretically you could set gains there also. The second channel can be assigned to a knob to adjust the gain values in flight, but unlike the Cortex, it always expects a proportional signal from 0 to 100 (negative gain values do not work).

Both versions of the iGyro of course also support the dampening and heading mode, but unlike the Cortex you can combine dampening and heading mode for each flight mode and even set individual gains. Here's an example:

Mode 1: all gains 0 = gyro is off
Mode 2: 20% dampening gain for elevators, 30% dampening gain for ailerons, 40% dampening gain for rudder
Mode 3: 20% dampening AND 10% heading gain for elevators, 30% dampening AND 20% heading gain for ailerons, 40% dampening AND 0% heading gain for rudder

In flight mode 3 the gyro will have the heading mode active while the stick is at or close to center position, if you move the stick away from center, the heading is deactivated and the dampening comes into effect.

Important to know is also that the bigger iGyro SRS supports to set individual gains for each axis from the TX. The smaller iGyro 3e is similar to the Cortex and adjusts all 3 axis with one knob and you'll need a PC or Bluetooth connection to adjust the individual gains. Another difference to the Cortex is that the gain values are stored in the unit, so once you've adjusted your gains, all you need is the 3-position switch to activate your desired flight mode. The second channel can then be freed up and used for something else.

The bigger iGyro SRS also comes with a GPS sensor, it will adjust the gain values depending on your speed. I haven't flown the smaller iGyro 3e yet, so I don't know if that is just marketing or if there is really a difference.

Thomas
Thomas,

Thanks for the info. As I mentioned, I hadn't actually used the igyro before but I often get asked to help friends with install and setup issues. I suspect I'll be helping setup an igyro on a Jeti very soon so the info you provided should be very helpful..

Thanks again...
Old 03-18-2016, 05:07 AM

Thanks Rcpete
As HarryC has already mentioned, it sounds like you still have your trims set to Global. If you go into the Fine Tuning, Digital Trim menu and click on the Globe it will give you the option to select "Separate" which will then give you separate trims for each flight mode for that specific control. Personally, I usually have my flight modes based on flap settings and only select Elevator trim as separate. I then trim the airplane to fly properly for each flap setting instead of using a flap to elevator mix. I personally haven't found the need to separate the Aileron or Rudder trims but that is a personal choice that you will need to make based on your model setup, flight behaviors, etc. Hope this helps.
Old 03-18-2016, 05:12 AM
My Feedback: (162)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Can you use the magnetic switch to turn on and off a ex r9-11 receiver?

http://www.espritmodel.com/jeti-magn...al-4-port.aspx

http://www.espritmodel.com/jeti-dupl...telemetry.aspx
Old 03-18-2016, 06:52 AM

Originally Posted by jonkoppisch
Can you use the magnetic switch to turn on and off a ex r9-11 receiver?

http://www.espritmodel.com/jeti-magn...al-4-port.aspx

http://www.espritmodel.com/jeti-dupl...telemetry.aspx
Not directly. You will need an electronic switch that includes a magnetic key. Depending on whether you want dual receiver batteries and how many servos you need to power, something like the DSM10 may be a good choice http://www.espritmodel.com/jeti-elec...ey-dsm-10.aspx. I use these in several 60cc aerobatics airplanes and also a Jet. The hub that you referred to allows you to control multiple electronic switches with a single magnetic key.
Old 03-19-2016, 06:18 PM

HI Guys, I have steering free mixed to the rudder with the P7 as the steering trim, I would like to disengage the steering on gear up. Have tried logical switch but have no idea how that works.
Thanks Rcpete

Last edited by rcpete347; 03-19-2016 at 06:27 PM.
Old 03-19-2016, 06:33 PM

Pete,

why so complicated. In the mix menu, you'll find an option to activate that mix by a switch. Simply choose the gear down position to activate the mix! I also suggest to set a delay for the switch (not the source) on the same screen, this way your nosewheel won't move until the gear is down.

Thomas

Last edited by bluelevel; 03-19-2016 at 06:35 PM.
Old 03-19-2016, 07:09 PM

HI Thomas, Thanks, I now see a hidden screen.
Rcpete

Last edited by rcpete347; 03-19-2016 at 07:22 PM.
Old 03-19-2016, 07:13 PM

I set the gear switch as the dual rate switch for steering and set it to 0 end points for gear up. I have the rudder and steering on separate channels of course
Old 03-19-2016, 07:28 PM

I was talking to a jet flier at Perry Ga and he told me this trick. I want to use logic to raise my flaps from full down to takeoff when my throttle is 1/2 or over. On a missed approach all I need to do is go above 1/2 throttle and go around without hitting the flap switch.
Old 03-20-2016, 05:17 AM

HI Guys, I have steering free mixed to the rudder with the P7 as the steering trim, I would like to disengage the steering on gear up. Have tried logical switch but have no idea how that works.
Thanks Rcpete
The simple answer is that you only activate the mix when the gear is down using the switch field in your mix.

While it is perfectly fine to use a mix, there is perhaps an even simpler way.
Create your Steering function by ADDing it using the Function Assignment menu. In that menu you can assign that function to your rudder stick, the same as the rudder. You can also assign P7 as your steering trim in that same menu. Then in the Fine Tuning Dual Rates menu you can set dual rates for the steering function to get the desire steering effect you're after. Simply assign you gear switch to also be your steering dual rates switch then you can set dual rates to be 0% Rate, 0% expos when the gear (dual rate) switch is in the gear up position and your dual rates and expos to be any values desired in the gear down position. It works really nicely, give you expo setting for your steering and no mix is required.

Edit:

Did notice that jonkoppisch had already mentioned this solution..

Last edited by wfield0455; 03-20-2016 at 05:22 AM.
Old 03-20-2016, 05:26 AM

Wayne is idea is good, but you'll loose the delay option by doing this
Old 03-20-2016, 07:41 AM

HI Thomas, Thanks
Rcpete

Last edited by rcpete347; 03-20-2016 at 07:46 AM.
Old 03-20-2016, 09:50 AM

Default Live Skype Video Classes

Hey guys we were brainstorming at the shop, recently we are getting huge influx
of new customers switching from many other systems. We are also getting bunch of
new companies that they are developing or upgrading they products with Jeti
integration. All this is exiting but there are only few of us who have access to
the newest and latest. and on the top of it the business day has only
so many hours, the phone support is very time consuming.

We were thinking about creating subscription Video Skype
Classes, we can probably do two 1-2 hour classes every week up to 6 guys at the
time. We can always agree on topics before class starts or come up with Basic
and Advance classes. Would somebody be interested?

Zb/Jeti USA
Old 03-20-2016, 10:23 AM

more you tube channels of basics and advanced. I am sure you would have many many topics to cover and time differences around the world would prevent many customers using skype.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.