Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Jeti-duplex-ds-16-2.4-ghz

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Jeti-duplex-ds-16-2.4-ghz

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2016, 07:35 PM
gooseF22

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

guys, I get around the tuning to turn off gyro issue by using a separate way to kill the gyro. I simply do a free mix of Gain to Gain at -100% and put it on a switch.. no matter what gain is being used, it will mix it on itself and send a zero to the cortex..

This way I can use the gain tuning for setup (knob), and later for de-tuning gain via the Mspeed sensor. Im still learning too. good discussion..
Old 05-22-2016, 02:04 AM
number27

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Some help please. i must be doing something silly.

I have DS16 and 2 x Rsat's, a REX 7 and a standard 9 channel receiver.
All will bind to the transmitter in default mode.
Change to dual path mode.
Bind the primary receiver to the DS16 and then attempt to bind the secondary receiver and and as soon as I plug power into the Rsat or receiver i get "Low voltage" alarm as if I have disconnected a receiver. The hour glass just keeps going around and around and the alarm sounding.

Does not matter which way I bind the receivers or rsat's same thing.

If I use the bind plug and attempt to bind the secondary receiver upon powering up the transmitter I get wrong model selected and it de binds the primary which I have just done and binds the one that I want to be the secondary and still wont bind the secondary.

All receivers have been updated to latest firmware and transmitter is latest as well.

I have two other models and no issues there. Although I have not attempted to rebind those models in case the same happens.

I have even created a new model as I thought I may have done something in a setting to stop this.

I am at a loss. Its a user issue I believe not a hardware.

I did have the receivers/rsat's bound to the transmitter last week and don't know what has changed.
Old 05-22-2016, 04:27 AM
number27

big face palm low battery on 2nd receiver all the time. lesson learnt
Old 05-22-2016, 01:13 PM
philjac94

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Cool

Sometimes it happens Steve
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	face.jpg
Views:	59
Size:	6.6 KB
ID:	2163654  
Old 05-24-2016, 09:29 AM
Jeti USA

We got the permission from Jeti to incentivize the entry level DS-14 Basic, get some till price will go up again.

Zb/Jeti USA

http://www.espritmodel.com/jeti-dupl...nly-radio.aspx

Old 05-24-2016, 11:15 AM
tucson
My Feedback: (1)

In the past I have used a smart switch with my 200 setups.
On my new plane which has a 200 also I am debating if I should use the magnetic switch which comes with the 200.
My fear is that I would misplace the magnet when out at the field.
I think it is a neat idea and looks cool.

What have any of you used it and what are your general feelings?

Did you mount the face plate on the outside of the model?

Thanks,
Stan
Old 05-24-2016, 01:55 PM
wfield0455
My Feedback: (7)

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by tucson
On my new plane which has a 200 also I am debating if I should use the magnetic switch which comes with the 200.

Thanks,
Stan
I always use the magnetic switch. If you lose the magnetic key, simply disconnect the magnetic switch and the CB200 will power right up. Plug a bind plug in place of the magnetic switch to power it back down until you find the magnetic key.
Old 05-24-2016, 01:58 PM
F1 Rocket

Received 52 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by tucson

Thanks,
Stan
Hi Stan,

IMO the best switch solution for the Central Box is the RC switch (R3). I've used these in dozens of airplanes and never had a problem.
Old 05-24-2016, 04:06 PM
tucson
My Feedback: (1)

Hi Wayne and Danny,
Thanks for the quick reply.
Being I have the Magnetic switch I think I will give it a try.
R3 switch will be for the next project.

Stan
Old 05-24-2016, 04:24 PM
csandt051196
My Feedback: (35)

Question about R3/RSW. What is the common usage? If I wanted to use this with a 7 channel receiver what port do I plug it into? I need any all information.

Pictures are the best but I can not find example solutions and how to set them up.

Can I use my basic switch between the battery and receiver still? If I use the RSW as a switch will the batteries still be drawn down over time?

I am new to this radio and need any basic to advanced help. I have search for web sites, bjut really not found the kind of stuff I would like to see.

Thanks for any all help.

Scott
Old 05-24-2016, 05:21 PM
gooseF22

Originally Posted by csandt051196
Question about R3/RSW. What is the common usage? If I wanted to use this with a 7 channel receiver what port do I plug it into? I need any all information.

Pictures are the best but I can not find example solutions and how to set them up.

Can I use my basic switch between the battery and receiver still? If I use the RSW as a switch will the batteries still be drawn down over time?

I am new to this radio and need any basic to advanced help. I have search for web sites, bjut really not found the kind of stuff I would like to see.

Thanks for any all help.

Scott
Scott, I hate to say this but you should read this forum as you can.. its chocked full of info..
The r3 is most often used as a satellite receiver and switch.. it does both.. it receives all 16 channels and can transmit them serially to the Central Box. It can also double as a PPM satellite receiver on the receivers with a Sat input in clone or dual path..

You can always use your old switch setup.. all the standard receivers will work the same.. parallel bus power from any source..

Only the Central box must be powered through the multiplex ports.
If you wanted to use remote switch with a Central Box200 then you would have 3 of them.. 2 for the receiving duties, 1 for the switching duties plugged into the switch port.

there is a ton of info out there. No fear, the learning curve is steep at first, but then you all go....'oh, why don't the others do i this way"...

Ok, on your 7 channel, Its a standard receiver so you just have to put power to it same as your other receiver.. its hot all the time.. You can add a an rx as a PPM backup in clone mode. so use your old switch, and wire it up basically the same way it was.. then bind it and program it

Important note: Set the transmitter up first and lower all throws to 80% or below.. the Jeti uses the full band width, the others do not by default. so on a JR 100% is same as Jeti on 80% throw.

Welcome to the jungle..
Old 05-25-2016, 05:10 AM
wfield0455

Originally Posted by csandt051196

Thanks for any all help.

Scott
Goose already explained things pretty well but here is a picture in case that helps.

Name:	JetiRxConnetions.jpg
Views:	448
Size:	61.8 KB
ID:	2164157  
Old 05-25-2016, 09:18 AM
Alex48

Received 17 Likes on 10 Posts

Hi Guys

I'm wondering if any of you can help me with my telemetry. I have recently updated all the sensors, RSAT's and tx to the latest firmware. I'm running two RSATS in UDI through a PowerBox Royal set on UDI. My airspeed sensor works fine and displays/logs telemetry as does my JetMunt turbine sensor. However my MGPS and ALT sensors only work through the JetiBox emulator on the Transmitter. I cant get them to display or log data? Does anyone have any ideas? Both of these sensors work in the JetiBox emulator. Before the updates everything worked perfectly. I have the total of the data on the screen but in the units there is just a dash.

Any ideas?

Many thanks

Alex
The Little Jet Company
Old 05-25-2016, 10:09 AM
wfield0455

Originally Posted by Alex48
Hi Guys

I'm wondering if any of you can help me with my telemetry. I have recently updated all the sensors, RSAT's and tx to the latest firmware. I'm running two RSATS in UDI through a PowerBox Royal set on UDI. My airspeed sensor works fine and displays/logs telemetry as does my JetMunt turbine sensor. However my MGPS and ALT sensors only work through the JetiBox emulator on the Transmitter. I cant get them to display or log data? Does anyone have any ideas? Both of these sensors work in the JetiBox emulator. Before the updates everything worked perfectly. I have the total of the data on the screen but in the units there is just a dash.

Any ideas?

Many thanks

Alex
The Little Jet Company
How do you have them all connected ? Since each Rsat has a single EXT port, I assume you must be using an expander such as an EX4 ?
Do they get discovered when you select Auto to find all the telemetry devices ? My MGPS didn't want to work reliably when there was a couple of other devices installed in the system. By default it wanted to log everything so I turned logging OFF on everything that really didn't need it and then everything worked perfectly. Many of the telemetry items are most useful in real time so I only log the things I may need to diagnose a problem.
Old 05-26-2016, 05:52 AM
gooseF22

first thing I always try is to reset sensors.. then follow what wayne says. logging takes transmitter bandwidth, so only log what you need
Old 05-26-2016, 08:38 PM
saillplane77

Thought I would try this thread first. I have a DS-16 with a Xycoy FC-1. I can get almost all the tele I want except can not access the screen on my Jeti transmitter that shows the turbine start sequence. (trim low, switchover etc.) I am using a PowerBox Royal receiver with 2 of the 3 channel Jeti receivers. I can see airspeed, rpm, turbine temps, airspeed but can not see the turbine start sequence on the Jeti transmitter. It shows on the FC-1 no issues. I know this is operator error. The U-tube videos show this should work but not much more.
Old 05-26-2016, 10:42 PM
rcjets_63
My Feedback: (4)

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by saillplane77
Thought I would try this thread first. I have a DS-16 with a Xycoy FC-1. I can get almost all the tele I want except can not access the screen on my Jeti transmitter that shows the turbine start sequence. (trim low, switchover etc.) I am using a PowerBox Royal receiver with 2 of the 3 channel Jeti receivers. I can see airspeed, rpm, turbine temps, airspeed but can not see the turbine start sequence on the Jeti transmitter. It shows on the FC-1 no issues. I know this is operator error. The U-tube videos show this should work but not much more.
I have Firmware version 3.02 installed on my DC-16. I'm not sure which version you have, and if the procedure is slightly different, but here is how I set it up.

1) Choose which screen you want the display to be shown. You can see in the following two photos that I've set up my displayed telemetry so the my antenna strength, timer T1, air system pressure, relative altitude, and remaining fuel are shown on Page 1 since this is my default screen. The Xicoy module output is shown on screen 2. To toggle between screens, I press the left/right arrow.

2) Add the Xicoy unit to the displayed telemetry. Select Menu - Timers/Sensors - Displayed Telemetry and add Jetibox & JB1 to the list of items to display. In my case, by putting it as the 6th item, it appears on Page 2 of the home screen as shown in the above step.

3) Select Jetibox 1 to connect with the Xicoy Sensor. Unfortunately, you have to do this every time you power up your transmitter/receiver and you want to watch the Xicoy display when you start up your plane. Select Menu - Applications - Jetibox. You will be presented with the default "Tx" starting point.

This particular plane has an R14 receiver. An MBar unit is plugged into the EXT port of the R14. The Xicoy unit is plugged into port 1 of the MBar. It is necessary to navigate through these connections to have Jetibox JB1 point to the Xicoy unit. To navigate from "Tx", I press the right arrow -> F2 key which takes me to "Rx".

Then I press the right arrow -> F2 button to take me to "Mx"

Then I press the down arrow F3 button which selects the MBar since it is plugged into the R14's Ext port.

Then, I press the right arrow -> F2 key to access the ports of the MBar. (If I had pressed the down arrow instead, I would have gone into the directory structure of the MBar). You can see that the Xicoy is plugged into port 1.

In the photo above, the active curser } is at port 1, so I just need to press the right arrow -> F2 key to select it. If the } had been beside port 2, I would have pressed the up arrow F4 button first (to move the cursor to port 1) and then pressed the right arrow key.

Now press ESC a few times to back out of the Applications - Jetibox menu and go to your home screen. Press the right arrow -> F2 button to take you to Page 2 where the startup sequence will be displayed. After the startup, press the left arrow <- F1 button to go back to Page 1 so you can see all the other displayed telemetry.

The procedure seems a bit complex, especially at first. I find it a bit of a hassle to have to navigate the Jetibox through the onboard configuration (every time I want to see the start sequence) so normally I just set up displayed telemetry to show the temp, rpm, etc on the second screen of displayed telemetry. That gives me all the same information, and I can access it just by the left/right arrow buttons (F1 and F2) rather than having to point the Jetibox through the receiver/sensor configuration every time. Of course, I don't get to see the fancy "Trim Low" and "Ready" message, but that's OK by me.

Regards,

Jim

Name:	IMG_5097.JPG
Views:	455
Size:	218.2 KB
ID:	2164342   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5098.JPG
Views:	456
Size:	200.1 KB
ID:	2164343   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5099.JPG
Views:	461
Size:	211.3 KB
ID:	2164345   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5101.JPG
Views:	463
Size:	179.7 KB
ID:	2164346   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5102.JPG
Views:	441
Size:	169.3 KB
ID:	2164347   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5103.JPG
Views:	427
Size:	160.6 KB
ID:	2164348   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5104.JPG
Views:	438
Size:	156.1 KB
ID:	2164349   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5105.JPG
Views:	431
Size:	164.0 KB
ID:	2164350  

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5106.JPG
Views:	417
Size:	197.3 KB
ID:	2164351   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5107.JPG
Views:	426
Size:	188.5 KB
ID:	2164352   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5100 - Copy.JPG
Views:	446
Size:	222.1 KB
ID:	2164353  

Last edited by rcjets_63; 05-26-2016 at 10:51 PM.
Old 05-26-2016, 10:58 PM
LA jetguy

Received 54 Likes on 42 Posts

Originally Posted by Alex48
Hi Guys

Any ideas?

Many thanks

Alex
The Little Jet Company
Alex... I suggest use of Xicoy FC1-plus with a GPS antenna... It combines all the sensors into one device and works very well. The only thing it doesn't not monitor is ECU battery usage... I use an MUI for that... I'm sure Gaspar is working on that ....

I have a FC-1 on all my big jets and it works flawlessly...

David
Old 05-27-2016, 11:38 AM
saillplane77

Jim, thanks. I will just continue using the tele on the transmitter for temp, rpm, etc. on my transmitter. Since I can read the FC1 when I start probably don't need the added inputs. From U-Tube I thought this looked easy so must have been missing something. Thanks for the input and appreciate your time.

Dwight
Old 05-27-2016, 02:01 PM
Alex48

Received 17 Likes on 10 Posts

Thanks for the replies guys. All I had to do was press the auto button as suggested and be patient. It took 15 minutes to get all the variables from each sensor. I have 32 data sets and all works well. Thanks for your help
Old 05-28-2016, 07:01 AM
saillplane77

For you Xycoy FC users (Great value for the money) the red dot upper right corner means the card it being written. I had not noticed that before but after a flame out saw it and thought maybe it was related, not. Just writing to the SD card.
Old 05-29-2016, 10:07 AM
saillplane77

A new wrinkle in my set-up. I went to test my fail safe's (Set up in the Power Box Royal) for the throttle and landing gear and after turning off the transmitter the outputs did not go to failsafe. When I looked at the receiver it still had one of the two receiver dots on. When I went to unplug the receiver that thought it was still connected to the receiver the system went into the fail safe more. (Throttle to zero and landing gear retracted) I understand fail safe most likely will never be needed but like to insure this is done) Any ideas ?
Old 05-29-2016, 10:44 AM
bluelevel
My Feedback: (39)

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

@sailplane

Did you actually set the desired channel to failsafe mode in the Powerbox menu? Go to Output mapping, select the desired output and select hold or failsafe (Failsafe channels will be shown with an "F" symbol). If you did that and it's still not working, did you turn off the failsafe in the receivers?
Old 05-29-2016, 01:00 PM
saillplane77

I did set the 3 channels needed in the powerbox as F and the receivers I placed in failsafe. I did do a reset for the 2 receivers after I could not get them to work correctly thinking I messed up something (Hard to beleive) and now neither receiver status dot goes out when I turn the transmitter off. I think it should not make a difference how I set the fail safes, when you turn off the transmitter both receiver status dots should go off? I thought maybe I had one in clone mode but could not find using the receiver settings on the Jeti a method to turn clone off or on? Still think a PowerBox or Jeti for dummies would help out?
Old 05-29-2016, 03:13 PM
bluelevel
My Feedback: (39)

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Don't pay attention to the receiver dots in the PB display, these seem not to show the actual connection status at all times (mine shows the same behavior). If you see both receivers in device manager, they are not in clone mode. The only way to reset the clone mode is to update the firmware I think or connect a Jetibox to it directly. Are you really sure you turned failsafe off completely in device manager?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.