Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Jeti-duplex-ds-16-2.4-ghz

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Jeti-duplex-ds-16-2.4-ghz

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2016, 04:30 AM
number27

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was using RSAT's with v3.25 and had to rollback to v3.24 to get mercury stable. AM going to use R3's in next model what version of software are you using with R3 receivers please to be stable.
Old 09-02-2016, 04:36 AM
sillyness
My Feedback: (25)

Not the standard or the SBus, on Esprit's site it says UDI 16. If you get it from JETI directly it's the one that says it's meant for multirotors. Either way, the zip file has a 16 in its name.

Originally Posted by number27
I was using RSAT's with v3.25 and had to rollback to v3.24 to get mercury stable. AM going to use R3's in next model what version of software are you using with R3 receivers please to be stable.
Old 09-02-2016, 11:31 AM
number27

That's the same version for the RSAT's i eventually ended up using. Found that by trawling through Powerbox Forums that was the version to use with JETI. Jeti however say to use the latest version of software. Neither can explain what is the difference other than the 24 channel support that a user can see by looking from the outside.
Old 09-02-2016, 11:40 AM
sillyness
My Feedback: (25)

Yeah, first time I've felt uncertain about the JETI product. it was my fault, but if think there'd be more documentation on these types of risks.
Old 09-27-2016, 08:21 AM
Ray Millington

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hi all,
Jeti advice required please,
I have been using for my large Jets and large petrol models a Jeti CB 200 + 2 RSATS+ RSW switch in double path, great system no problems,
I have purchased a Jetcat P20SE that i am installing in a vortex 32 i am using a 14 channel Jeti duplex R14 receiver set up in double path with the R14 set as the primary and an RSAT as the secondary that has set up ok ,i have 2 LIFE batteries wired into a y lead that is plugged into the single Multiplex connector on the receiver I am aware that you cannot use the RSW switch with Duplex receivers,
My problem is that when i connect the batteries to the RX it remains switched on all the time even when i operate the magnetic switch i cannot switch the system off?,the magnetic switch is plugged into EXT socket in the receiver ,
The R14 is updated to 3.24 software
Clearly i am missing something any help would be appreciated.
Ray.
Old 09-27-2016, 08:41 AM
wfield0455
My Feedback: (7)

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Ray Millington
Hi all,
Jeti advice required please,
I have been using for my large Jets and large petrol models a Jeti CB 200 + 2 RSATS+ RSW switch in double path, great system no problems,
I have purchased a Jetcat P20SE that i am installing in a vortex 32 i am using a 14 channel Jeti duplex R14 receiver set up in double path with the R14 set as the primary and an RSAT as the secondary that has set up ok ,i have 2 LIFE batteries wired into a y lead that is plugged into the single Multiplex connector on the receiver I am aware that you cannot use the RSW switch with Duplex receivers,
My problem is that when i connect the batteries to the RX it remains switched on all the time even when i operate the magnetic switch i cannot switch the system off?,the magnetic switch is plugged into EXT socket in the receiver ,
The R14 is updated to 3.24 software
Clearly i am missing something any help would be appreciated.
Ray.
Ray,

The magnetic switch functions the same as the RSW and requires the receiver or device to have circuitry to turn it on/off with the switch simply providing control of that function. You will need some sort of switch between the batteries and your R14. The Jeti DSM10 is a good unit that I've used in a number of 60cc gas powered aerobatics airplanes, etc. The DSM10 has 2 battery inputs, a battery share function and a switch function and provides a single heavy duty power output with a multiplex conenctor that will plug right into your R14. This is what I typically use with an R14. Also, if you disconnect the magnetic switch from the DSM10, you can substitute your RWS and then be able to turn the airplane on/off from your transmitter.

Hope this helps
Old 09-27-2016, 10:52 AM
Ray Millington

Wayne,
Thanks for the reply the info given is exactly what i needed,
P S thanks for the info on receiver installations in gliders with carbon fibre lay-ups it flew perfectly,
best regards Ray.
Old 10-15-2016, 05:52 AM
firebladeswe

Hi Jeti gurus

Does anyone if it is possible to watch the throttle position and log it in the telemetry file for later analyze?
and if yes, how?? tried but cant get it to work...
Old 10-15-2016, 02:58 PM
wfield0455

Originally Posted by firebladeswe
Hi Jeti gurus

Does anyone if it is possible to watch the throttle position and log it in the telemetry file for later analyze?
and if yes, how?? tried but cant get it to work...
Go to Sensor/Logging Setup menu, select Transmitter status info and the select a control field. Move your throttle stick to select it and then press F2 to make it proportional instead of on/off. Just tried it, works fine but you need to make sure you stop logging to get the file written to SD card before trying to open it as I don't think you can look at an open log file.
Old 11-14-2016, 02:49 PM
leemkl06

Guys, I did a quick search to see how others were doing ABS (pulsing) brakes on their planes. To my surprise, looking on RCG and RCU I didn't find anything so I got to work and really liked what I came up with. Just a little background, the E-Brakes that I have are supposedly proportional but in actually are either on or off. This causes me to prematurely go through tires and they aren't cheap or easy to come by. I basically used the sequencer to create a 80% brake (On .8 secs, off .2) and had it cycle. In the "Sequencer Pic" you can see Q6 was named "Pulse Brk" with a curve of +100 for .8 sec then dropping down to -50 for the last .2 sec. Since you'll need to select the "Asymmetrical" as type of path, you'll need to do the same thing on the return path (See Pic "Sequencer-Advanced"). Once both paths are done, be sure to overwrite your "Brake" channel and turn on Cycling. I also took advantage of a logical switch (L7) which is only active if my retracts are down and my elevator is pushed more than +10 down. This Logical Switch (L7) is what is used to activate your Sequencer (Q6). With this setup, you can control the amount of braking force for moving your endpoints in Servo Setup. On my turbine (JTM XXX and 20 lbs AUW) this setup worked nicely eliminated the flat spots caused by locked up brakes. Enjoy
Attached Images
File Type: bmp
Screen010.bmp (9.4 KB, 47 views)
Screen011.bmp (9.4 KB, 33 views)
Screen012.bmp (9.4 KB, 36 views)
Screen013.bmp (9.4 KB, 36 views)
Screen014.bmp (9.4 KB, 35 views)
Old 11-29-2016, 08:55 AM
captainjacobs

Hello,
I have a question for Jeti experts please.
I didn't find how to use more than 16 servos with my CB400 and DS16.
17th (and up) servos outputs doesn't work.
My transmitter is version 4 from 11 dec 2015 and my CB400 is freshly updated.
Can somebody help ?
Thank you.
Old 11-29-2016, 09:50 AM
Custmachr
My Feedback: (3)

[QUOTE=captainjacobs;12281508]Hello,
Can somebody help ?
Thank you.[/QUOTE

I do not have my DS-16 with me but I think in Device Explorer you have to enable the extra channels
I will check tonight and make sure on the location of the selection
Old 11-29-2016, 10:22 AM
captainjacobs

[QUOTE=Custmachr;12281515]
Originally Posted by captainjacobs
Hello,
Can somebody help ?
Thank you.[/QUOTE

I do not have my DS-16 with me but I think in Device Explorer you have to enable the extra channels
I will check tonight and make sure on the location of the selection

Found that my Rsat2's was not updated at 24ch, still at 16.
My 24 channels are now operational on my CB400 with the DS16.
Thank you.
Arnaud
Old 12-01-2016, 08:33 AM
Jeti USA

I would like to ask question, does any of you would use or uses Jeti R7 Nano receiver?

And if yes would you buy it as receiver only with disabled telemetry? We pretty much found out that nobody uses any sensors on indoor models, guys are really weight conciseness.

Zb/Jeti USA
Old 12-04-2016, 02:43 PM
csandt051196
My Feedback: (35)

setup question:

I am using a R18 receiver by itself. I am using a manual switch between the battery and the receiver. The batery is an A123 2s1pb 6.6b volt.

I have had no issues up to this point with using this setup and have the same setup on other plans with no issues. Am I just lucky? The transmitter started throwing the low voltage warning and I started to smell plastic burning. The cables from the battery to the switch were smoking and the cable going to the transmitter started melting and smoking. Got everything unconnected so nothing worse happened. I have the same battery with a multi connector so I plugged that battery into the multi connector port on the receiver and the receiver started smoking.

Before I ask Jeti for a replacement I want to make sure it is not my fault first. Is there an issue with the way I am setting things up?

Thanks for your time

Scott
Old 12-04-2016, 05:23 PM
wfield0455

Originally Posted by csandt051196
setup question:

I am using a R18 receiver by itself. I am using a manual switch between the battery and the receiver. The batery is an A123 2s1pb 6.6b volt.

I have had no issues up to this point with using this setup and have the same setup on other plans with no issues. Am I just lucky? The transmitter started throwing the low voltage warning and I started to smell plastic burning. The cables from the battery to the switch were smoking and the cable going to the transmitter started melting and smoking. Got everything unconnected so nothing worse happened. I have the same battery with a multi connector so I plugged that battery into the multi connector port on the receiver and the receiver started smoking.

Before I ask Jeti for a replacement I want to make sure it is not my fault first. Is there an issue with the way I am setting things up?

Thanks for your time

Scott

There is nothing fundamentally wrong with that setup. I'm guessing you've got a short in something connected to the receiver or perhaps the receiver itself.. Try disconnecting everything from the receiver and see if you still have a problem. If you do the problem is in the receiver. If not start connecting things one at a time until you find the problem.
Old 12-05-2016, 08:18 AM
Jeti USA

setup question:

Thanks for your time

Scott
Check the battery, switch, and all connectors. I had one of the tabs break when I pushed connector to the servo extension. The wire smoked instantly.

Zb/Jeti USA
Old 12-05-2016, 05:46 PM
csandt051196

The statement "nothing fundamentally wrong" makes me want to learn more. I know the sky is the limit with setup but what are recommended setups for jets vs scale and so forth?

i have jet to install my Jeti in my jet but have in other sport plans and I am working on a zorili c-47 right now.

i have been at this for years but always kept my setups very simple, but that seems not to be the best solution any more.

Thanks
scott
Old 12-05-2016, 06:31 PM
wfield0455

The statement "nothing fundamentally wrong" makes me want to learn more. I know the sky is the limit with setup but what are recommended setups for jets vs scale and so forth?

i have jet to install my Jeti in my jet but have in other sport plans and I am working on a zorili c-47 right now.

i have been at this for years but always kept my setups very simple, but that seems not to be the best solution any more.

Thanks
scott
In any of my models that are of a significant size I like to use dual receiver batteries. I also like to use something like the jeti DSM 10 dual input switch which has a battery share circuit and magnetic switch feeding a single heavy duty output which is ideal for something like the Jeti R18. Others are comfortable with a single receiver pack and a simple high quality switch and if that is their preference that's fine with me. Such differences in setup preferences couldn't cause the the type of issue described so when I said there was nothing fundamentally wrong, I simply meant there was nothing about that setup that could have contributed to the problem. I like to keep things simple too and while I often use a single receiver such as the R14 or R18 in some of my Jets I do tend to use redundant batteries and electronic / fail safe type switches as I personally feel they are a bit more reliable than simple mechanical switches. Everyone should use a setup they feel comfortable with and as long as it's suitable for the task, properly installed and maintained they should be fine..

Last edited by wfield0455; 12-05-2016 at 06:34 PM.
Old 12-08-2016, 06:45 PM
Dr Honda
My Feedback: (4)

Looks like I'm the newest guy to jump on the Jeti Band Wagon. My DS14 should be here tomorrow, but I haven't ordered any Rx's yet. AND... I have some questions. (A few were answered by a friend)

1) I see there are some labeled "REX", and in the description they seem to be the newer Rx's. I also see they have a 32 bit microcontroller. None of my jets are overly complex... so should I just get the REX Rx's over the standards? (Pro's/Con's)

2) I was a Futaba user since the 70's... but I switched to spektrum because I was tired of Futaba dragging their feet with 2.4Ghz. I know the futaba and newer JR Guys don't have issues with a single Rx... but I like the idea of Spektrums Sat units. Spektrum Rx's are designed with the Sat's, and are watching for the weak/strong signals. It seems to me that using the Sat on a Jeti Rx isn't as streamlined and the suggestion is to use a powerbox because it's designed to watch the sats (just my observation)

With that said.... None of my jets are "Big" or overly complex... so will I be ok just running a single REX 10 ? (They are reliable full range Rx's) I like to keep it as simple as possible.

3) My buddy told me that any of the Rx's can be used as a Sat. To me it seems like everyone is using an R3. Why not use an R4L? It's a little cheaper, and has 4ch if you want to use it in a basic plane later.

4) I read a few things about the trainer system. I personally don't understand why we are forced to use a wireless system when there is a PPM inside the box. Other that building my own cable, and using free mixes to switch in a control... has Jeti ever made that available as a trainer port? (so the internal port is used as the trainer)

5) If I set up an R3 as a transmitter for one of my spektrum radios, does is take away one of the transmitters in the DS14 for flying the model? If it does... then that kind of defeats the reason I bought the Jeti.

6) With the DS14... do I have to buy the "Secondary Transmitter Module" to make the trainer work?

I think that's all I have for now. I'm going to order my Rx's soon... but I'm heading out on a Biz trip, and winter is coming... so I'm not in a rush.

Thanks in advance.
Old 12-09-2016, 10:59 AM
JimBrown
My Feedback: (2)

Tony, the R4L and R4i RX's are not full range and are designed for parkflyers and indoor aircraft.

My personal opinion is that for jets, the CB200 and two R3/RSW RX's are the best way to go (available as a package with two R3/RSW's and a magnetic switch, or with three R3/RSW's one of which can be used as a TX controlled on/off switch). I also use all HV digital servos and just plug in a pair of 2S LiPo's. This gives you a simple setup with redundancy for both power and receivers as well as each servo port on the CB200 being individually fused. Plus a bunch more stuff.

Can't help with the other questions, as I've not gone there. Picked up a cheap used DX7i for my BNF stuff. I don't do any trainer stuff.

Regards,
...jim
Old 12-09-2016, 11:31 AM
lxfly

1) I see there are some labeled "REX", and in the description they seem to be the newer Rx's. I also see they have a 32 bit microcontroller. None of my jets are overly complex... so should I just get the REX Rx's over the standards? (Pro's/Con's)

-Yes Rex are the newer ones. Use in my jets R10, Rex 12 and R18, always with one sat receiver, Since CB-200 is on market I use now this one with 2 sat receivers.

2) I was a Futaba user since the 70's... but I switched to spektrum because I was tired of Futaba dragging their feet with 2.4Ghz. I know the futaba and newer JR Guys don't have issues with a single Rx... but I like the idea of Spektrums Sat units. Spektrum Rx's are designed with the Sat's, and are watching for the weak/strong signals. It seems to me that using the Sat on a Jeti Rx isn't as streamlined and the suggestion is to use a powerbox because it's designed to watch the sats (just my observation)

With that said.... None of my jets are "Big" or overly complex... so will I be ok just running a single REX 10 ? (They are reliable full range Rx's) I like to keep it as simple as possible.

- No powerbox.Just connect 2 Life/Lion batteries and you're gone.

3) My buddy told me that any of the Rx's can be used as a Sat. To me it seems like everyone is using an R3. Why not use an R4L? It's a little cheaper, and has 4ch if you want to use it in a basic plane later.

- R3 as in the set with CB-200

4) I read a few things about the trainer system. I personally don't understand why we are forced to use a wireless system when there is a PPM inside the box. Other that building my own cable, and using free mixes to switch in a control... has Jeti ever made that available as a trainer port? (so the internal port is used as the trainer)

- Wireless system is functioning very good. As you have 2 transmitter modules in your radio, one is used for the model, 1 for Buddy box.Use it a lot (for jets also) and never had problems.You can't use double path mode in this configuration.

5) If I set up an R3 as a transmitter for one of my spektrum radios, does is take away one of the transmitters in the DS14 for flying the model? If it does... then that kind of defeats the reason I bought the Jeti.

- Do you mean for buddy box use? if so yes, see 4

6) With the DS14... do I have to buy the "Secondary Transmitter Module" to make the trainer work?

- No, see 4
Old 12-09-2016, 12:30 PM
Bob_B
My Feedback: (11)

Received 82 Likes on 71 Posts

Originally Posted by Dr Honda
Looks like I'm the newest guy to jump on the Jeti Band Wagon. My DS14 should be here tomorrow, but I haven't ordered any Rx's yet. AND... I have some questions. (A few were answered by a friend)

I think that's all I have for now. I'm going to order my Rx's soon... but I'm heading out on a Biz trip, and winter is coming... so I'm not in a rush.

Thanks in advance.

Tony, congrats on your new DS14, the DS14 comes as a basic version and you have to add functions that you want or need and you can find the list here:

http://www.espritmodel.com/jeti-dupl...nly-radio.aspx

Did Esprit have a special offer? They might have pre-loaded the extras in that list.

Bob
Old 12-11-2016, 01:45 PM
csandt051196

RC18 setup question above:

I took the receiver and battery out of the plane and hooked a couple of servos up to the receiver, went through every channel and did a quick range test. The receiver is fine so it seems. I think the smoke I saw was from the switch wiring that sat in a compartment under the receiver.

I am removing the switch as I think it was overpowered and started smoking because of the 15 servos hooked to the receiver. That is the only thing I can think of. The other plans I have the same setup in and have had no trouble have no more than 6 or 7 servos. I will be moving to a 2S A123 hooked to the mutli plug in the receiver which means I will need a new way to power off the plane.

Of the JETI switches available which is the best to use that will not drain the battery? I would like to not have to unplug the battery from the receiver after every flying session.

Thanks for your help.

Scott
Old 12-11-2016, 03:39 PM
ltc
My Feedback: (3)

Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

I use DSM-10 or DSM-ESC switches in all my planes now; no issues at all.
If you are using a CB200 (same size as your R18 case) then you don't need a DSM at all.
I use CB200s in turbines and CB100 in 2m pattern planes, great boxes.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.