Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Jeti-duplex-ds-16-2.4-ghz >

Jeti-duplex-ds-16-2.4-ghz

Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Jeti-duplex-ds-16-2.4-ghz

Old 12-11-2016, 03:51 PM
My Feedback: (7)

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by csandt051196
RC18 setup question above:

I took the receiver and battery out of the plane and hooked a couple of servos up to the receiver, went through every channel and did a quick range test. The receiver is fine so it seems. I think the smoke I saw was from the switch wiring that sat in a compartment under the receiver.

I am removing the switch as I think it was overpowered and started smoking because of the 15 servos hooked to the receiver. That is the only thing I can think of. The other plans I have the same setup in and have had no trouble have no more than 6 or 7 servos. I will be moving to a 2S A123 hooked to the mutli plug in the receiver which means I will need a new way to power off the plane.

Of the JETI switches available which is the best to use that will not drain the battery? I would like to not have to unplug the battery from the receiver after every flying session.

Thanks for your help.

Scott
Did you test with each of the servos connected one at a time? I find it hard to believe even 15 servos could burn up the wiring just sitting there unless several servos are stalled. My 12 channel jets only draw less than 1A at idle. A heavy duty switch ( and dual Rx batteries) is a good idea but I think you still have other problems somewhere..
Old 12-14-2016, 10:05 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I wanted to let everybody know that we have new firmware for Central Box 400.
This one solves problem with 17-24 channel hold. You will need to update transmitter as well, new final version will be up early next week, we are testing it over the weekend.

Zb/Jeti USA

http://www.jetimodel.com/en/Download...rs-Tx-Modules/

Update - Central Box
Central Box 400 Update V1.07 - Device update for Central Box 400 (12/2016)
Old 12-17-2016, 12:43 PM
My Feedback: (2)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Jeti DS/DC 16 firmware update on the way. Here is a review of it from one of the beta testers. https://www.rc-thoughts.com/2016/12/...hat-to-expect/. Big news is that LUA is coming! Although a bit restricted.

...jim
Old 12-17-2016, 01:24 PM

Hey good news, who wants beta test V4.20 ?

Email me at [email protected], huge 6MB file.

Zb/Jeti USA

JETI DC/DS-24 Lua Programming API
The DC/DS-24 transmitter line brings new possibilities and enhancements of individual user
programming due to Lua extension language. From now on, the capabilities of the transmitter become
almost unlimited and it is only up to the userīs imagination what can be done with the transmitter.
Lua is a powerful, fast, lightweight, embeddable scripting language. Lua combines simple procedural
syntax with powerful data description constructs based on associative arrays and extensible semantics.
Lua is dynamically typed, runs by interpreting bytecode for a register-based virtual machine, and has
automatic memory management with incremental garbage collection, making it ideal for
configuration, scripting, and rapid prototyping.
The transmitter is able to handle up to 10 Lua applications simultaneously. Each application can
offer up to two telemetry entries (either presented by a small window or overwriting the whole
Desktop). To provide easy interaction and configuration, every application can offer up to two forms
within the transmitter menu structures.
Old 12-17-2016, 09:18 PM

Originally Posted by Jeti USA
Hey good news, who wants beta test V4.20 ?

Email me at [email protected], huge 6MB file.

Zb/Jeti USA

JETI DC/DS-24 Lua Programming API
The DC/DS-24 transmitter line brings new possibilities and enhancements of individual user
programming due to Lua extension language. From now on, the capabilities of the transmitter become
almost unlimited and it is only up to the userīs imagination what can be done with the transmitter.
Lua is a powerful, fast, lightweight, embeddable scripting language. Lua combines simple procedural
syntax with powerful data description constructs based on associative arrays and extensible semantics.
Lua is dynamically typed, runs by interpreting bytecode for a register-based virtual machine, and has
automatic memory management with incremental garbage collection, making it ideal for
configuration, scripting, and rapid prototyping.
The transmitter is able to handle up to 10 Lua applications simultaneously. Each application can
offer up to two telemetry entries (either presented by a small window or overwriting the whole
Desktop). To provide easy interaction and configuration, every application can offer up to two forms
within the transmitter menu structures.
Can we install it in our ds16??
Old 12-17-2016, 09:21 PM

Will the CB 200 ever come out were we can adjust the voltage on the servo outputs? I mean I know I can get the CB 400 but that it a bit too much for my application. I wish we could have some of the features in the CB200
Old 12-18-2016, 04:18 AM
My Feedback: (40)

Received 35 Likes on 21 Posts

Lua combines simple procedural syntax with powerful data description constructs based on associative arrays and extensible semantics. Lua is dynamically typed, runs by interpreting bytecode for a register-based virtual machine, and has
automatic memory management with incremental garbage collection, making it ideal for configuration, scripting, and rapid prototyping.
T
....say what? Any chance of getting this is terms us simpletons can understand? I'm trying to figure out if I can live without it.

Craig
Old 12-18-2016, 05:04 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Is far as I can tell Lua is not for us "ordinary end users" but will allow the more talented software guys to develop and refine new clever tricks for us to play with at a later date.
Im certainty not going to worry about it and just get on with using the plethora of features already available. The DS TXs can already do more than I could ever ask of it as it is!

Old 12-18-2016, 05:04 AM
My Feedback: (162)

Originally Posted by CraigG
....say what? Any chance of getting this is terms us simpletons can understand? I'm trying to figure out if I can live without it.

Craig
lol. I was thinking the same thing
Old 12-18-2016, 05:13 AM

Originally Posted by JoeJr1485
Will the CB 200 ever come out were we can adjust the voltage on the servo outputs? I mean I know I can get the CB 400 but that it a bit too much for my application. I wish we could have some of the features in the CB200
The CB200 will always only output the same voltage as it has on the input side, it simply has no hard wear to regulate voltage.

There would seem to be a "gap" between the CB200 and CB400 but that would require a whole new product.
Use a Jeti Max Bec+CB200 if you need to drop the voltage or go to a SRS Powerbox product + 2x R-Sats or R3L RXs.
Old 12-18-2016, 06:31 AM

There is no voltage regulator built in, but you can use two small SBECs

Zb/Jeti USA

http://www.espritmodel.com/jeti-volt...12a-2-10s.aspx

Old 12-18-2016, 06:37 AM

Originally Posted by CraigG

Craig
Have look here, TeroS from Finland is one of those guys who never sleeps. :-)

https://www.rc-thoughts.com/lua-related/

Simply it's programming language where "some" guys can create interesting APPs that we "normal" guys can incorporate into our radios for custom functionality.

Zb/Esprit
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	LUA_16_004[1].png
Views:	52
Size:	2.3 KB
ID:	2193756   Click image for larger version

Name:	LUA_16_005[1].png
Views:	54
Size:	1.7 KB
ID:	2193757   Click image for larger version

Name:	LUA_16_006[1].png
Views:	47
Size:	1.9 KB
ID:	2193758  
Old 12-18-2016, 07:30 AM
My Feedback: (40)

Received 35 Likes on 21 Posts

Have look here, TeroS from Finland is one of those guys who never sleeps. :-)

https://www.rc-thoughts.com/lua-related/

Simply it's programming language where "some" guys can create interesting APPs that we "normal" guys can incorporate into our radios for custom functionality.

Zb/Esprit
OK, thanks Zb. Just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing something I was supposed to know about. I think I will pass on being a Beta tester.

Craig
Old 12-18-2016, 06:20 PM
My Feedback: (10)

Originally Posted by csandt051196
RC18 setup question above:

I took the receiver and battery out of the plane and hooked a couple of servos up to the receiver, went through every channel and did a quick range test. The receiver is fine so it seems. I think the smoke I saw was from the switch wiring that sat in a compartment under the receiver.

I am removing the switch as I think it was overpowered and started smoking because of the 15 servos hooked to the receiver. That is the only thing I can think of. The other plans I have the same setup in and have had no trouble have no more than 6 or 7 servos. I will be moving to a 2S A123 hooked to the mutli plug in the receiver which means I will need a new way to power off the plane.

Of the JETI switches available which is the best to use that will not drain the battery? I would like to not have to unplug the battery from the receiver after every flying session.

Thanks for your help.

Scott
what servos are you running ? I have. 3.3 yak with 14 servos and the frowmco switch harness was showing signs of getting warm. The 12 8711 can draw a lot of amps when you are flying it hard.. I was seeing spikes of 20 amps plus on my telemetry and it is probably showing low..
Old 12-18-2016, 06:38 PM

There is no voltage regulator built in, but you can use two small SBECs

Zb/Jeti USA

http://www.espritmodel.com/jeti-volt...12a-2-10s.aspx

I have a few of the single BECs lol for the items that I can't run my HV setup on.
Old 12-20-2016, 07:38 AM

Early Christmas present from Jeti! New TX firmware released!

http://www.jetimodel.com/en/Download...-Version-4-20/

Options available:
  • Standard
    • Adds new functions:
      • Proportional dual rates/expo
      • Smooth curves
      • Additional trim modes and many more improvements over V4.0 - please check the release notes.

• Lua
    • For really experienced users, this option contains the same features as the Standard version. Furthermore, it brings the Lua extension language from DC-24 to DC/DS-16. Before installing this firmware, you should download the contents of the Standard package to the transmitter SD card.
    • A few basic applications are included in the Lua package:
      • Preflight checklist app
      • Battery voltage widget for multiple voltages
      • Real-time telemetry chart
      • Automatic Teacher/Student switching

...jim
Old 12-20-2016, 06:06 PM

Received 135 Likes on 79 Posts

Major Bug Warning Jeti v4.2 s/w

I flew with the official (not Beta) v4.2 today and found that Gyro Gain do not work in a proportional manner, just a 0/100 fashion.

Check carefully any and all inputs to make sure they are working as you need them to.

I have my gyro gain fine tuning set up on P6, P7 & P8 for fine tuning each flight mode, prior to locking the settings in. Flying my trusty Ultra Flash today with v4.2, it felt completely different, way-too sensitive and not at all locked-in like it normally is. I tried to adjust the gain using P8, but to no avail. After landing I discovered that the gyro gain for Flaps Up and Flaps Mid were 0%, even through the proportional controls were in the mid-range. Landing gyro gain was 100% (as set with full P6 input). Adjusting the fine tune controls showed that the final gyro gains (after fine tune adjustments) would be only 0% or 100%. Settings were confirmed for proportional input and you can see the little positon indicator move as you adjust them.

Upon further investigation, it appears that the issue is with the Gyro Gain control, not necessarily with the fine tuning. If you disable any fine tuning control and 'hard-code' a gain, the only values that get passed to the gyro are 0 or 100. If you set any gain less than 100, the value that gets passed to the gyro is 0.

It appears impossible to set a gain value less than 100 using v4.2 s/w.

I'm going to revert back to v4.0 until this is fixed.

Paul
Old 12-20-2016, 09:56 PM

Originally Posted by JimBrown
Early Christmas present from Jeti! New TX firmware released!

http://www.jetimodel.com/en/Download...-Version-4-20/

Options available:
  • Standard
    • Adds new functions:
      • Proportional dual rates/expo
      • Smooth curves
      • Additional trim modes and many more improvements over V4.0 - please check the release notes.
  • Lua
    • For really experienced users, this option contains the same features as the Standard version. Furthermore, it brings the Lua extension language from DC-24 to DC/DS-16. Before installing this firmware, you should download the contents of the Standard package to the transmitter SD card.
    • A few basic applications are included in the Lua package:
      • Preflight checklist app
      • Battery voltage widget for multiple voltages
      • Real-time telemetry chart
      • Automatic Teacher/Student switching

...jim

Can you please explain the automatic Teacher/student switching please? Is this something that will also work on the DS16?
Old 12-21-2016, 01:50 AM

Originally Posted by JSF-TC
Major Bug Warning Jeti v4.2 s/w

I flew with the official (not Beta) v4.2 today and found that Gyro Gain do not work in a proportional manner, just a 0/100 fashion.

Paul

This problem is also reported in the german jetiforum, so seems to be confirmed!
Old 12-21-2016, 10:24 AM

Originally Posted by lxfly
This problem is also reported in the german jetiforum, so seems to be confirmed!
And it has been fixed. (That was fast!) Original link now points to v4.20.1.

...jim
Old 12-21-2016, 10:32 AM

Can you please explain the automatic Teacher/student switching please? Is this something that will also work on the DS16?
Everything mentioned in my original post is for the DS-16.

Not sure what the LUA stuff does as I have not played with it. Yet. However, my guess is that the automatic Teacher/Student switching app is based on this: http://www.jetimodel.com/en/DC-16-am...r-and-Student/ which uses a bunch of logical switches to allow the teacher to take over the student simply by moving the control sticks. The LUA app probably does the same without or at least far fewer logical switches.

...jim
Old 12-21-2016, 11:17 AM
My Feedback: (4)

I'm thinking about buying a V10 ECU, and a Xicoy telemetry adaptor for one of my engines... and I have a question...

Do I have to buy the small "Data Analyzer" to adjust the adaptor... or will a standard (servo wire type) terminal work?

I'm just trying to save a few $$$. (spent way too much converting to Jeti already)

Thanks
Old 12-21-2016, 01:03 PM
My Feedback: (7)

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Dr Honda
I'm thinking about buying a V10 ECU, and a Xicoy telemetry adaptor for one of my engines... and I have a question...

Do I have to buy the small "Data Analyzer" to adjust the adaptor... or will a standard (servo wire type) terminal work?

I'm just trying to save a few $$$. (spent way too much converting to Jeti already)

Thanks

No, I believe the Data Analyzer is simply the application to examine log files directly on the transmitter. You don't need it to configure anything. You should also be able to examine log files on a PC with Jeti Studio, which is a free download.
Old 12-21-2016, 01:37 PM
My Feedback: (99)

Received 83 Likes on 67 Posts

I'd love a video explaining the Jeti Studio....
Old 12-21-2016, 06:25 PM

Originally Posted by JimBrown
Everything mentioned in my original post is for the DS-16.

Not sure what the LUA stuff does as I have not played with it. Yet. However, my guess is that the automatic Teacher/Student switching app is based on this: http://www.jetimodel.com/en/DC-16-am...r-and-Student/ which uses a bunch of logical switches to allow the teacher to take over the student simply by moving the control sticks. The LUA app probably does the same without or at least far fewer logical switches.

...jim
Heck yeah! That's what I have been waiting for. I'll do some testing on it with DS 6 and DS 16 and will report back.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.