Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Jeti-duplex-ds-16-2.4-ghz

Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Jeti-duplex-ds-16-2.4-ghz

Old 06-26-2017, 11:00 AM
mick15

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Has anyone noticed the polarity of the glass Is wrong? When wearing polariod sun glasses the screen is black, rotate the Tx 90degrees it goes clear!

m
Old 06-26-2017, 11:24 AM
jonesjj3
My Feedback: (16)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That is not good, wonder if they will change that.
Old 06-27-2017, 07:15 AM
ZB

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by mick15
Has anyone noticed the polarity of the glass Is wrong? When wearing polariod sun glasses the screen is black, rotate the Tx 90degrees it goes clear!

m
All depends on your glasses, mine are fine. You have horizontal or vertical or 45 degree polarization.

Zb/Jeti USA
Old 06-27-2017, 07:16 AM
ZB

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Letting you know that we passed all FCC tests for Jeti REX 3 and REX 3 900MHz receivers.

Zb/Jeti USA

Jeti Duplex EX R3 REX 2.4GHz Receiver w/Telemetry
Jeti Duplex EX R3 REX 900MHz Receiver w/Telemetry

Click image for larger version

Name:	jeti-rex3n.jpg
Views:	98
Size:	15.9 KB
ID:	2221815Click image for larger version

Name:	jeti-rex3-900n.jpg
Views:	90
Size:	20.5 KB
ID:	2221816
Old 06-27-2017, 07:37 AM
afterburner
My Feedback: (18)

Originally Posted by tp777fo
Anyone been having trouble with the display fogging in the sun. Last couple of time I have been flying the display fogs after the radio gets warm in the sun. Today I removed the back plate and used a hair dryer to warm the radio then placed it in a plastic bag with rice and sealed it. I will let it sit this week while I work and replace the backplate next weekend. Hopefully it will absorb the moisture.
A buddy of mine has had his ds 16 for about three or more years. He experienced this problem more than once. I had seen it one time where the entire screen was not usable for about a half hour after he put it in the shade of his trailer. We were at an event where Jeti had a booth. He brought it up to them and was basically told to just live with it. That's when I decided to stick with the brand I'm currently using.
Old 06-27-2017, 09:44 AM
wfield0455
My Feedback: (7)

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by mick15

m
As ZB said, it depends on your glasses and my DS16 does this in some orientations with my polarized sunglasses too. I recently got a DC-24 and I haven't noticed this happening with the color screen for whatever that is worth.

Wayne
Old 07-01-2017, 05:33 AM
tp777fo
My Feedback: (28)

Received 128 Likes on 89 Posts

Update. I removed the back plate and gently warmed the TX with a hair dryer. I then placed it in a large ziplock filled with minute rice. I left the bag in my office for a week. Today I replaced the backplate and sat the TX in the sun for about 15 minutes. No fogging. I think I will also get a bag of dessicant and tape one inside the TX. Problem appears to be resolved.

Last edited by tp777fo; 07-01-2017 at 05:57 AM.
Old 07-16-2017, 02:29 PM
rbgetz

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I'm just starting to move over some models to my DS-16 and had a question regarding a failsafe setup with an R12 and an R3 as a satellite. should I disable the failsafe on the R3 since the failsafe is enabled on the R12? I noticed my failsafe on the R3 was enable and I'm assuming that might cause a conflict? rob
Old 07-16-2017, 04:16 PM
wfield0455

Originally Posted by rbgetz
I'm just starting to move over some models to my DS-16 and had a question regarding a failsafe setup with an R12 and an R3 as a satellite. should I disable the failsafe on the R3 since the failsafe is enabled on the R12? I noticed my failsafe on the R3 was enable and I'm assuming that might cause a conflict? rob
Disable failsafe in the R3 and set it in the R12. Basically you only set failsafe in the receiver that has servos connected to it.
Old 07-17-2017, 06:36 AM
Jack Diaz
My Feedback: (1)

Originally Posted by wfield0455
Disable failsafe in the R3 and set it in the R12. Basically you only set failsafe in the receiver that has servos connected to it.
Hello Wayne.
It's a coincidence ... I was trying to figure this out yesterday ... but I am still confused.
I have some doubts or issues that I'm sure you will clarify:

- If there is a failsafe delay set on the R12, there won't be an immediate switch to R3 in case of a signal lost in R12 (am I correct ?). That is the reason why we inhibit the failsafe in the R3's when using a CB200. Unfortunately it's not possible to simulate a R12 signal loss to corroborate this.
- On the other hand, if the failsafe is inhibited in R12, there won't be any failsafe at all, regardless of the R3 failsafe delay set. (I tested it)
- Also, If failsafe is disabled in R3, there won't be a failsafe if R3 is the active receiver and it looses signal. (correct ?)
- What I came up with was to set a 0.2 sec delay in R12, and a 1.3 sec delay in R3. When I turn the transmitter off, the throttle servo goes to the preset failsafe position after 1.5 sec. aprox (does it make sense?)

Thanks
Jack

Last edited by Jack Diaz; 07-17-2017 at 06:47 AM.
Old 07-17-2017, 07:02 AM
gooseF22

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Instead of Dual path with this setup, look at setting the R12 in default mode.. set the r3 up as a Clone in PPM mode, with the same recommended failsafe above. the S alarm will monitor it "signal weak".. There is a lot of information about this a couple years back in this thread.

Its the Dual path vs Default/clone discussion.. IMO.. CB200/100 use Dual path.. In a Standard RX/ satellite setup, use Default/Clone. The problem is the clone mode isn't the easiest to set up.

You set the clone up in default mode, get it set the way you want it, then when you put it in clone mode via the jetibox/emulator, it disappears!.. to get it back plug a bind plug into it.. Once you have it in clone mode, then set up the R12 with a PPM input the same way you did before, but in default mode. then plug them together and power up, and rebind the R12.

Unplug the R3 to ensure the "signal weak" will sound.. plug back in.. go fly. In either setup, the R3 will only be called upon at the expiration of the failsafe settings in the R12.. thats why you don't set any failsafe in the satellites.

Same with a CB200, don't use failsafe in any satellite receivers... Failsafe goes in the unit that the servos are plugged into only.

Last edited by gooseF22; 07-17-2017 at 07:04 AM.
Old 07-17-2017, 07:33 AM
gooseF22

Originally Posted by Jack Diaz
Hello Wayne.
It's a coincidence ... I was trying to figure this out yesterday ... but I am still confused.
I have some doubts or issues that I'm sure you will clarify:

- If there is a failsafe delay set on the R12, there won't be an immediate switch to R3 in case of a signal lost in R12 (am I correct ?). That is the reason why we inhibit the failsafe in the R3's when using a CB200. Unfortunately it's not possible to simulate a R12 signal loss to corroborate this.
- On the other hand, if the failsafe is inhibited in R12, there won't be any failsafe at all, regardless of the R3 failsafe delay set. (I tested it)
- Also, If failsafe is disabled in R3, there won't be a failsafe if R3 is the active receiver and it looses signal. (correct ?)
- What I came up with was to set a 0.2 sec delay in R12, and a 1.3 sec delay in R3. When I turn the transmitter off, the throttle servo goes to the preset failsafe position after 1.5 sec. aprox (does it make sense?)

Thanks
Jack
Hi Jack, great to hear from you..

for this setup, as Wayne said above;
R3 satellite.. disable the Failsafe.. You never ever want failsafe operating on a satellite receiver.. whether its on a CB200 or a PPM Satellite.. never.
R12 - primary receiver.. the Radio will always be trying to hold link with this receiver, and will not ever switch to a stream unless it loses signal.

the failsafe I use for this setup is:
R12 - 1.5 sec delay, with a .5 sec day on the throttle to idle or off depending on the plane. enable Sat Port, enable alarm S, PPM input, Positive in radio.

R3 - disabled failsafe, clone mode, PPM output.

Why? you never ever want the sat to go into failsafe and hold.. it will be totally Lying to the main receiver, and thats the worst scenario.. you only want the receiver thats plugged into the servos to use its failsafe as Wayne said...

the receiver will switch back to digital link on the primary receiver as soon as it re acquires the signal.

I set this setup in default/clone..

If this setup is done in dual path, you will need to switch the alarm to give alarm at the loss of the primary receiver..

Remember to all jeti users... don't stop flying if you get a signal loss, its the downlink thats gone, maybe the up link is still good.. keep flying.. we have had several instances of signal' loss", but the model keeps trucking along.

While Im here. In the CB200.. the RX1 is the primary receiver.. It will be used exclusively until the Q value reaches a low number before it switches to the RX2... When the Q value is stabilized back above the Threshold, the CB200 switches back to the RX1.. so in this case, its the same as the setup above.. no failsafe for satellites, only set up failsafe in the CB200..

You could reduce the 1.5 sec, but thats my settings..

Hope this helps.. Wayne, chime in here pls..

Last edited by gooseF22; 07-17-2017 at 07:44 AM.
Old 07-17-2017, 09:30 AM
rbgetz

So.. Here's why I originally asked this question on the fail safe. I'm having some sort of setup issue flying the R12 (in dual path) with R3 satellite. Every time I take off, with in 10-20 second, I lose all control of the plane and the ignition shuts off, basically goes into fail safe.. in about 2-3 second I get recovery of the controls and dead stick land. Can't seem to recreate on the ground. The telemetry graph shows loss of signal and the Rx reboot. I think It might be because of a loose connection on the R3 but going to test now with fail safe off on R3 and make sure my connection to R3, slot 3, is pushed in tight.. It might also be an antenna placement for the R12 as well, but seems to hold fine during range test. Very frustrating.
Old 07-17-2017, 10:18 AM
wfield0455

Originally Posted by gooseF22
Hi Jack, great to hear from you..

for this setup, as Wayne said above;
R3 satellite.. disable the Failsafe.. You never ever want failsafe operating on a satellite receiver.. whether its on a CB200 or a PPM Satellite.. never.
R12 - primary receiver.. the Radio will always be trying to hold link with this receiver, and will not ever switch to a stream unless it loses signal.

the failsafe I use for this setup is:
R12 - 1.5 sec delay, with a .5 sec day on the throttle to idle or off depending on the plane. enable Sat Port, enable alarm S, PPM input, Positive in radio.

R3 - disabled failsafe, clone mode, PPM output.

Why? you never ever want the sat to go into failsafe and hold.. it will be totally Lying to the main receiver, and thats the worst scenario.. you only want the receiver thats plugged into the servos to use its failsafe as Wayne said...

the receiver will switch back to digital link on the primary receiver as soon as it re acquires the signal.

I set this setup in default/clone..

If this setup is done in dual path, you will need to switch the alarm to give alarm at the loss of the primary receiver..

Remember to all jeti users... don't stop flying if you get a signal loss, its the downlink thats gone, maybe the up link is still good.. keep flying.. we have had several instances of signal' loss", but the model keeps trucking along.

While Im here. In the CB200.. the RX1 is the primary receiver.. It will be used exclusively until the Q value reaches a low number before it switches to the RX2... When the Q value is stabilized back above the Threshold, the CB200 switches back to the RX1.. so in this case, its the same as the setup above.. no failsafe for satellites, only set up failsafe in the CB200..

You could reduce the 1.5 sec, but thats my settings..

Hope this helps.. Wayne, chime in here pls..
I agree with pretty much everything you said but whether I choose dual path or a cloned secondary receiver usually depends on whether or not I'm interested in using Student/Teacher mode with that airplane. If you want to use student / teacher mode you simply can't use dual path as one of the RF sections gets dedicated to talking to the student transmitter. While Clone mode gives you the same antenna diversity as dual path does, the only down side is that you don't get telemetry from the secondary receiver so if you have 2 telemetry devices in the airplane you can't simply connect the second telemetry device to the EXT port of the secondary receiver as you can with dual path mode. Both dual path and clone mode work perfectly well so I usually decide which to use based on if I need the telemetry from the secondary receiver or not. To be honest, with smaller planes up t about 60cc gas airplanes and even Jets such as my Boomerang XL I often just use a single receiver and it works perfectly but in airplane that have a lot of carbon or anything I'm concerned my block RF I always add a secondary receiver or some sort and try to keep the 2 receiver separated as much as possible to prevent both receiver from being shadowed at the same time..

I think I'd also say if you lose telemetry don't panic rather than keep flying.. While I completely agree it doesn't mean a loss of control is eminent I feel anything out of the ordinary should be investigated and understood. I have been flying Jeti since 2013 and I've never had a loss of telemetry in that time so for me to have it suddenly happen would be an unusually situation and I'd want to know what was going on.. Of course if you fly near an Urban area with lots of 2.4Ghz equipment operating then your experience may be different and such things may be more common but if it happens more than rarely or for more than a couple of seconds I still think it should be investigated and understood before continuing to fly..
Old 07-17-2017, 03:02 PM
rbgetz

I just completely removed the satellite R3 to see if I still get a receiver reboot error, and went back to default Mode on the R12. Testing on the ground with the engine running, I'm still getting a receiver reboot and signal loss. On the graphic analyzer I see the signal loss warning, it goes into fail safe for about 3 seconds, then it comes back.... A1 & A2 look good but Q% goes to zero at the time of failure. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I was wondering if this could have anything to do with my Smart-Fly fiber optic kill switch? it's the only thing I haven't replaced in getting this error. I even replaced the R12 with an R11, replaced the DPS 40 switch with the SBEC 30 and still the same error. I'm completely baffled...
Old 07-17-2017, 06:36 PM
gooseF22

I just completely removed the satellite R3 to see if I still get a receiver reboot error, and went back to default Mode on the R12. Testing on the ground with the engine running, I'm still getting a receiver reboot and signal loss. On the graphic analyzer I see the signal loss warning, it goes into fail safe for about 3 seconds, then it comes back.... A1 & A2 look good but Q% goes to zero at the time of failure. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I was wondering if this could have anything to do with my Smart-Fly fiber optic kill switch? it's the only thing I haven't replaced in getting this error. I even replaced the R12 with an R11, replaced the DPS 40 switch with the SBEC 30 and still the same error. I'm completely baffled...
Yes possibly, there have been issues with the smart fly from time to time.. .. I have been using Ibec.. what I would suggest is using a separate battery for the time being, and use the choke to kill the motor until you figure it out. It should not be doing that.. sounds like the receiver is getting severe noise..
Old 07-17-2017, 06:39 PM
gooseF22

also you can take the receiver out and plug a battery into it, and see if its ok on its own at ground ranges.. I assume you have flown the transmitter on other models.. I used to put my receivers into my Trojan and test them before putting them in a jet.. It let me get them bound and operating the way I wan t them..
Old 07-18-2017, 07:39 AM
wfield0455

A couple of questions since I've personally never had a "receiver reboot" error. I know they exist but from the description I would think this would be the result of a firmware crash on the receiver or a brief power interruption or low voltage spike causing the receiver to reboot. What are you using to bring power to the R12, standard switches or something such as a Jeti DSM10 ? If using something like a DSM10, are you using the magnetic switch or have you replaced it with an R3/RSW so that you can turn the plane on/off from the transmitter ?

If if isn't a power issue to the receiver my next thought would be high energy noise from the ignition getting conducted into the receiver via wiring, etc and would suggest checking for any servo wires, etc running near the ignition model, that the spark plug boot is FULLY seated (you'd be surprised how many times this causes problems) any thing like that. If you suspect an ignition related issue, perform a full range test with the airplane safely restrained and perform a complete ranges with the engine running and see if you can reproduce the problem that way... That's all I can think of to try at the moment but may have others as more info about switches, etc becomes available.
Old 07-18-2017, 08:16 AM
rbgetz

I was running a DPS40 for the battery switch but replaced with the SBEC 30 since I wanted to get more telemetry from the SBEC to see if it was a power hit. I had the Magnetic switch and replaced with another to eliminate the possible switch issues but will probably replace that with an R3 for switch. The telemetry on the SBEC30 showed a constant input voltage and output voltage as well as AMPs as reboot happened. So, I'm thinking it's not the SBEC or battery since they've both been replaced and still same issue. After seeing Goose's response, I'm now thinking it's some type of engine noise or just the Smart-Fly. What I'll do is first replace the Smart-fly kill switch, test... if no improvement, then I guess I'll move the whole RX to a different location and test again. But clearly the data analyzer shows "RX Reboot Occurred".
Old 07-21-2017, 01:17 PM
rbgetz

Well... I figured it out. I finally removed every servo connection from the R12, even the throttle and the ignition switch. I started the engine, DA 60cc, and very soon the RX rebooted again. It must be engine noise. I looked at the cable from the ignition to the spark plug and about 1.5 inches of the braided mesh insulator around the wire was completely rubbed off. Hadn't noticed it. I replaced the DA ignition with an extra one I had, connected everything back up and it runs/flys great. no reboot errors.. Antenna signal and Q values are all high during the complete flight. I was really surprised that the RX being 18 inches or more away from the engine could give off that much RF noise to reboot the RX.
Old 07-21-2017, 02:12 PM
wfield0455

Well... I figured it out. I finally removed every servo connection from the R12, even the throttle and the ignition switch. I started the engine, DA 60cc, and very soon the RX rebooted again. It must be engine noise. I looked at the cable from the ignition to the spark plug and about 1.5 inches of the braided mesh insulator around the wire was completely rubbed off. Hadn't noticed it. I replaced the DA ignition with an extra one I had, connected everything back up and it runs/flys great. no reboot errors.. Antenna signal and Q values are all high during the complete flight. I was really surprised that the RX being 18 inches or more away from the engine could give off that much RF noise to reboot the RX.
It isn't just a matter of the receiver and antennas being far from the ignition as I doubt there is a signal from the ignition actually being received since 2.4Ghz is so far from the frequencies the ignition operates at. More likely is that it's getting into a servo lead, battery lead, etc and being conducted into the receiver and causing problems so it's always a good idea to keep all your wiring as far from the ignition as is practical.. I've seen even a lose spark plug boot that was allowing arcing from the end of the high tension wire to the tip of the plug cause all sorts of problems with RC systems so a large break in the high tension lead shield sounds like a major problem to me. Just in case you aren't aware of this since you mentioned it's a DA ignition, if you send the ignition to them they can remove the spark plug boot, install a new shield and a new boot and your ignition should be good as new with the exception of the lead may be a tiny bit shorter.

Glad to hear you have it sorted out.
Old 07-21-2017, 04:22 PM
rbgetz

Thanks Wayne.. Great input.. I also moved the R12 to a new location, put a new plug in and made sure all my wiring was cleaned up. I'll for sure send back to DA. I've had excellent service from them. rob
Old 07-21-2017, 05:03 PM
VK96

Hey guys, had an unusual (and extremely lucky!) event today while flying my Ultra Flash. After taxiing back post-flight I was just about to shut down when all of the sudden the plane appeared to go into fail-safe (which was confirmed after checking the ECU). The engine shut down and I had zero control. I'm running a CB200 with 2 R3's through a Cortex Pro and a R3Sw. While everything was powered up I checked my telemetry and noticed I lost everything, except the 2 R3 signal strengths which were all 9. At no point was a link re-established, however I was able to remotely shut the system down via the R3. I spoke with James at Esprit and Danny at Demon Aero(who were both terrific!) but nothing concrete could been determined. If anyone has any thoughts or tips to troubleshoot I'm all ears!
Old 07-21-2017, 06:32 PM
gooseF22

Hmmmmm... thats a head scratcher.

That will be tough to recreate.. Check your Q factors for each receiver.. RX1 is the primary.. in order for it to go into FS, you should find loss of signal link from RX1, Antenna strength doesn't mean much.. Its the Q factors.. See if you can find what they were at the time of FS.

Are you running Through the Cortex PRO with the signal wires..?

Do you have a power jumper on the PRO?

It sounds to me like you might have had the PRO reset.. The only thing that could cause that is a brown out.. So make sure your extra power wire is installed from any servo port to the Port 4 of the pro(if you are running through the Pro). Compare the voltage of the RX to the CB200.. with the power jumper they should be the same instead of a .3v drop.

Post your results.. I will speak with Danny when we see this info. When you are Taxiing in the Gyro is working its ass off because of bouncing on the ground.
Old 07-22-2017, 03:51 AM
VK96

Thanks Goose...I will do some trouble shooting this morning. I do have the patch lead running from an open port on the CB200 (signal wire removed) to port 4 of the Cortex Pro. Also, the problem first appeared on the bench with the plane stationary so the gyro was doing was little to nothing. I was lucky as I should not have flown the plane after this issue first popped up, but for now it's definitely grounded until I make some changes. Attached is a screenshot showing the moment the lock-out occurred. As you can see the "Turbine fuel" value drops off while the RX parameters continue.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot (1).png
Views:	76
Size:	423.7 KB
ID:	2225199  

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.