Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Jeti-duplex-ds-16-2.4-ghz >

Jeti-duplex-ds-16-2.4-ghz

Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Jeti-duplex-ds-16-2.4-ghz

Old 01-12-2014, 09:51 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Leopaul,
Just out of curiosity, are your bind plugs still plugged in? they have to be out of the receivers or it will chirp/range test continuously.
Look in your voice assignments to see if anything else is assigned to Morse Code S. I recall that something in mine was, but don't remember..

I have been trying to reproduce your issue, and cannot.. I can cycle power on either receiver and it simply reconnects..I don't know whats causing it..

If you power down everything/tx/rx,.... turn in TX first, then Rx's, it should chirp/and give warnings once then be silent.. if not, dunno...

so..

Maybe something in the transmitter settings..
Recommend you reload the receiver software, and set it up again from scratch, and make sure you are running 2.22 Transmitter and 3.11 rx software.

Also you could copy the model over to another, and start from scratch to see.. Make sure you set the receiver to factory defaults before changing anything, and ensure Failsafe is off for r3.

Make sure in systems settings in TX that you have PPM Positive as the preferred input for the PPM connector..even though its inside.. I'm thinking it tells the transmitter what to program to rx..

Make sure the R3 receiver is set to out PPM Positive from device explorer

Make sure the SAT2 port in the R14 is disabled

let me know how/if that works.. there has to be some little setting causing this.. Try setting up another rx with it or using another combination

Last edited by gooseF22; 01-12-2014 at 10:28 AM.
Old 01-12-2014, 10:24 AM

My concern about todays radios is not all the fancy things it can do, but more importantly the signal integrity flying a 5-10K $ model.. that is my only thing.. as long as I can program it....

The only two US radios with any transmitted polarity/path enhancements over a single stick/dipole antenna are the Jeti and the Spektrum DX18, and to some degree Weatronics. Every other radio still uses one antenna array

The new JR28 still only has 12 fully proportional channels and a single antenna, and the rest is multi x reduced demod times, so its basically the same as the JR12X/DX18 in scope with a few more slow channels added .

The Spk DX18 has one tX module but 2 antennas that provide a cross polarized signal environment, 12 high speed chans, plus Xplus - that an improvement over their 12X radios.. I did some head to head comparisons back when..

However,
Jeti DS16 has 4 antennas, and does it redundantly on two different Transmitter modules, two different freqs, two different demodulation schemes, and two different sweeps..

Why did I ultimately buy Jeti? I believe that over time as we swamp the 2.4 spectrum, this radio will be able to maintain the strongest link at a Joe Nall type event and such.. Its a combination of DMSS and FHSS, running in redundancy.. The DSMX that JR uses is also kinda close that modulation, so I think those two radios will be the best performance for high end modelers.. I also love the fact that the user can upgrade this transmitter, but more importantly Jeti Receivers and telem add ons....

I have a box of spectrum receivers that cannot be upgraded. ...More on that later..

Old 01-12-2014, 10:32 AM
My Feedback: (7)

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by leopaul
Like i said i my post, everything works until i remove power of both receivers....

Both are bind, i revove the sat, get the signal lost alarm, add the battery directly to the sat, alarm is gone but goes to S alarm, then plug back the sat in my Sat 1 port of the R14 and the S alarm is gone. BUT here is the problem again, if i remove the power of the R14 and turn back on, i'm stuck with the S alarm!!!
I can reproduce it anytime an make a video of if required.....

Can someone can try to reproduce it, most of you are using an R3L for sat, i'm using the newer R3/RSW

I just tried this configuration; R3/RSW connected via port 3, PPM out, to an R14 via Sat1 connector. Everything appears to work correctly and I can power cycle repeatedly without any problems.
Old 01-12-2014, 10:36 AM
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just curious, how does the AMA show compare with Toledo.
Old 01-12-2014, 10:49 AM

I wanted to reload the receiver software yesterday but i could not find it online anywhere...There only the 3.11 availlable, all the 4 receivers that i just bought are running 3.13!!

Should i roll back to 3.11?
Old 01-12-2014, 11:32 AM

Received 54 Likes on 42 Posts

Thanks Jim and Dave.. yes it would be nice to get A3 and A4 as well as the second receiver battery status announced... If they could add signal quality (Q1) to both announcement and alarm would be great as well.... the R14 & R3/RSW is working perfectly... below is my latest addition to my fleet..
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	photo 2.JPG
Views:	166
Size:	121.6 KB
ID:	1956857   Click image for larger version

Name:	photo 1.JPG
Views:	139
Size:	133.2 KB
ID:	1956858  
Old 01-12-2014, 12:19 PM

Ok, i tried another R14 with another RSW. Started with a new fresh model , both receivers reset to factory default....

Exact same issue.......

I really don't know what i should do next....

Can someone could provide a link with the 3.13 receiver software?
Old 01-12-2014, 01:37 PM

For Satellite receivers. I forgot to post a couple tidbits..

You all know that any receiver can be a satellite receiver for a 7-18 or CB. or for a PB/Cortex...etc they all speak PPM, and many will do UDI in upcoming release

In the upcoming release, the servo ports will be enabled even when outputting PPM signal, so the sat can be used to run stuff in the plane if needed..

So the differences are: other than the obvious number of ports is antenna length..

R5 - 4 inch antenna leads
R3,R6,7,9,11 - 8 inch antenna leads
R14/18 - 16 inch antenna leads

So personally, I like the R6L as a satellite receiver. best all around value.. its 4 bucks more than the R3, but gives you 6 channels instead of three..

Also, you can get some longer male/male leads to give diversity in the plane if you place them 90 degrees to one another.. and can separate them further.. further is good..
Old 01-12-2014, 01:46 PM

3.11 receiver software..
2.22 Transmitter SW
http://www.jetimodel.com/en/Downloads/

LeoPaul, I don't know.. there has to be some setting we are missing... Post your dilemma in the Jeti thread in RCgroups.. maybe some of the europeans have seen it in the DC16..

Hang in there.. maybe the upcoming release will fix it.. I have tried all day to duplicate your problem and cannot..

Are you coming to Toledo?
Old 01-12-2014, 01:49 PM

Originally Posted by gooseF22
Leopaul,
Just out of curiosity, are your bind plugs still plugged in? they have to be out of the receivers or it will chirp/range test continuously.
Look in your voice assignments to see if anything else is assigned to Morse Code S. I recall that something in mine was, but don't remember..

I have been trying to reproduce your issue, and cannot.. I can cycle power on either receiver and it simply reconnects..I don't know whats causing it..

If you power down everything/tx/rx,.... turn in TX first, then Rx's, it should chirp/and give warnings once then be silent.. if not, dunno...

so..

Maybe something in the transmitter settings..
Recommend you reload the receiver software, and set it up again from scratch, and make sure you are running 2.22 Transmitter and 3.11 rx software.

Also you could copy the model over to another, and start from scratch to see.. Make sure you set the receiver to factory defaults before changing anything, and ensure Failsafe is off for r3.

Make sure in systems settings in TX that you have PPM Positive as the preferred input for the PPM connector..even though its inside.. I'm thinking it tells the transmitter what to program to rx..

Make sure the R3 receiver is set to out PPM Positive from device explorer

Make sure the SAT2 port in the R14 is disabled

let me know how/if that works.. there has to be some little setting causing this.. Try setting up another rx with it or using another combination
Curios about the comment to ensure that failsafe in the R3 (secondary) receiver is off, why would it not be set the same as the R14 (primary). I set the failsafe for throttle in both receivers to close the throttle. It seems to work properly, is this likely to be a problem, just not needed ?
Old 01-12-2014, 01:50 PM

Originally Posted by LA jetguy
Thanks Jim and Dave.. yes it would be nice to get A3 and A4 as well as the second receiver battery status announced... If they could add signal quality (Q1) to both announcement and alarm would be great as well.... the R14 & R3/RSW is working perfectly... below is my latest addition to my fleet..
Simply Sweetness BAD ASS !!
Old 01-12-2014, 01:52 PM

Originally Posted by wfield0455
Curios about the comment to ensure that failsafe in the R3 (secondary) receiver is off, why would it not be set the same as the R14 (primary). I set the failsafe for throttle in both receivers to close the throttle. It seems to work properly, is this likely to be a problem, just not needed ?
Wayne, It could cause a big issue because normally the Primary rx degrades to the Sat receiver due to signal loss, and if then subsequently loses the secondary PPM signal, the primary receiver will initiate failsafe.

IF for whatever reason, the secondary receiver also lost signal, and didn't re acquire, with it FS enabled in sat, the primary RX will not know its getting bad info..and will not initiate Failsafe properly....

As of Now, there is no way to operationally check to see if the setup works properly.. We have asked for that in an future release.. to know if its working properly, one would have to be able to selectively disable each transmitter module independently, which we cannot do at this time..Jim and I asked for this during range checking procedure in a future release..

Last edited by gooseF22; 01-12-2014 at 02:04 PM.
Old 01-12-2014, 01:58 PM

Got it resolved!!!!!

I installed the older software in the R14 receiver (the 3.11) and it works....

I have another receiver still running the 3.13 software and really, even if i spend a week on it, it doesn't work... So i decided to roll back this one also , and now both receivers are working!!!!

Only concern now, i don't have the latest software anymore, it's not availlable anywhere on the web....And my R3 receiver are still running the newer 3.13 as it's not possible to roll back to 3.11 because they are not supported yet with the updater software.....

Is it safe an reliable to run the main and sat without the same software??

Also, is there someone in contact with Jeti that could advise them that there a bug in the release 3.13 before they make it availlable to the public???

Thanks!!!
Old 01-12-2014, 02:00 PM

3.11 receiver software..
2.22 Transmitter SW
http://www.jetimodel.com/en/Downloads/

LeoPaul, I don't know.. there has to be some setting we are missing... Post your dilemma in the Jeti thread in RCgroups.. maybe some of the europeans have seen it in the DC16..

Hang in there.. maybe the upcoming release will fix it.. I have tried all day to duplicate your problem and cannot..

Are you coming to Toledo?
Goose, get your hand on a newer receiver that run the 3.13 software and you will be able to reproduce it !!!!!!
Old 01-12-2014, 03:25 PM

Received 54 Likes on 42 Posts

Originally Posted by leopaul
Goose, get your hand on a newer receiver that run the 3.13 software and you will be able to reproduce it !!!!!!
Good that you got your R14 & R13 in double path working.. I got the same setup going this weekend... All my other jets are R14 and the Ultra Bandit is CB200 and two R3

Ver 3.13 for receivers was not a public release.. 3.11 is the current tested public release... Zb gave certain users a link for 3.13 software and it was for a specific reason... Be patient and stay tuned for new TX and RX firmware shortly...
Old 01-12-2014, 03:39 PM

Wayne, It could cause a big issue because normally the Primary rx degrades to the Sat receiver due to signal loss, and if then subsequently loses the secondary PPM signal, the primary receiver will initiate failsafe.

IF for whatever reason, the secondary receiver also lost signal, and didn't re acquire, with it FS enabled in sat, the primary RX will not know its getting bad info..and will not initiate Failsafe properly....

As of Now, there is no way to operationally check to see if the setup works properly.. We have asked for that in an future release.. to know if its working properly, one would have to be able to selectively disable each transmitter module independently, which we cannot do at this time..Jim and I asked for this during range checking procedure in a future release..
Ok, that makes sense. I was thinking that if the secondary receiver also lost signal it would need to drive the throttle servo to the desired position. I'll go back and disable the failsafe in the secondary receiver..

Thanks
Old 01-12-2014, 05:06 PM

Im glad you figured it out.. the new updates will take care of the issue
Old 01-12-2014, 05:08 PM

Good that you got your R14 & R13 in double path working.. I got the same setup going this weekend... All my other jets are R14 and the Ultra Bandit is CB200 and two R3

Ver 3.13 for receivers was not a public release.. 3.11 is the current tested public release... Zb gave certain users a link for 3.13 software and it was for a specific reason... Be patient and stay tuned for new TX and RX firmware shortly...
Well, i just bought all 4 receivers thru Dreamworks and they come factory sealed with the 3.13 software...
Old 01-12-2014, 07:13 PM

Interesting... will check it out 3.13 was for the R3 switch..
Old 01-12-2014, 07:45 PM
My Feedback: (4)

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

I'm back home after a fun-filled weekend at the AMA show. David, that is one saweeet looking Bandit; I love the stars on the bypass hatch. Glad to hear that leopaul got the issue resolved.

Regards,

Jim
Old 01-12-2014, 07:46 PM

For those converting over from DX18 and the third Gen JR, note the following:

1. the center settings will be a few clicks of trim different.

2. if you try to use the same numbers for throws, you will have more servo travel.. The DX18 100% travel results in 1500 uSec, plus or minus 400 uSec.. The Jeti will yield plus or minus 500 uSec, so the rotational movement in your servos will be almost 20 percent higher..

If you set the throws back down to get the same angles you had before, along with the max, then your percent style mixes should be close as a starting point..

I verified this today with a pulse measurement reader..

Just remember 500 uSec for Jeti.. you can compare your old stuff from there or compare throws, just be careful you don't cause binding by a swap and go.. fyi..goose
Old 01-12-2014, 07:55 PM
My Feedback: (4)

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

Well lookie look, somebody's signature line has been updated. Congrats Goose, and welcome to the team!!!!

Regards,

Jim
Old 01-12-2014, 09:13 PM
My Feedback: (35)

Well I reckon Goose, it's about time, huh.......

James just gave me the good word a couple of hours ago......CONGRATS ! ! !

Roger
Old 01-13-2014, 05:44 AM

Thanks Guys!!
Old 01-13-2014, 05:53 AM

LA. that might just be my new favorite bandit .. sweet!!.. very very nice install and paint.. well done.. I still have to get mine together and converted over to Jeti.. my spring project...

How are you liking the cortex?
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0867.JPG
Views:	669
Size:	1.83 MB
ID:	1957223  

Last edited by gooseF22; 01-13-2014 at 05:56 AM.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.