Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Jeti-duplex-ds-16-2.4-ghz

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Jeti-duplex-ds-16-2.4-ghz

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2017, 10:01 AM
JSF-TC
My Feedback: (2)

Received 134 Likes on 78 Posts

Number27,

Just saying to use a sequencer hides the tricks that are needed. Basically, the sequencer takes over the assigned channel, and it can't be used simultaneously with a normal control.

The required steps (that I ended up using) are;

1) Build a sequencer (Advanced Properties/ Sequencer) controlled by the gear retract switch - (Q1 - I called it Autobrake)
2) Assign a function (Model/ Function Assignment) - (I called it Autobrake), controlled by Autobrake sequencer (Q1)
3) Assign Autobrake function to an un-used channel (Model/ Servo Assignment)
4) Mix Autobrake Function to Brake channel (Fine Tuning/ Free Mixes)

Screen-shots attached.

Hope that helps.

Paul
Attached Images
File Type: bmp
Screen004.bmp (9.4 KB, 60 views)
Screen005.bmp (9.4 KB, 36 views)
Screen006.bmp (9.4 KB, 28 views)
Screen007.bmp (9.4 KB, 28 views)
Screen008.bmp (9.4 KB, 30 views)
Old 10-21-2017, 12:12 PM
number27

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

TKs for all the replies have gone with the sequencer as this was the way I was going but got lost on the programming bit. Will try it out later today. Appreciate the time everyone has taken to reply and upload screenshots.
Old 10-21-2017, 10:14 PM
LA jetguy

Received 54 Likes on 42 Posts

The beauty of the Jeti system is that there is more than one way to achieve the same task... I had never thought of a sequencer programming... I have made "two free" mixes activated by the retract switch. The purpose of this break pulse was to prevent "mud" in the wheel wells, as well as preventing a running tires to rub on any wires going through the wells..

Please note that "Sb" switch is the retract switch, also note the "Curve" its a 3 point curve (try to achieve that shape).... finally in picture 1 under "switch +" 1.5 sec is the duration of the pulse break...

David
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9323.jpg
Views:	75
Size:	104.1 KB
ID:	2241935   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9322.jpg
Views:	77
Size:	104.7 KB
ID:	2241936  
Old 10-29-2017, 07:13 PM
csandt051196
My Feedback: (35)

Flap Confusion: I have 4 separate servos that are used for four separate flaps. I set the servos up and assigned as normal. I did not adjust any throws. Then I assigned a 3 position switch. The second I did this the servos operated as 0% on position 1, 50% on position 2 and 100% on position 3. I did nothing to cause this.

I set up flight modes for each position of the switch and then set up the flight mode trim to the %'s I want, but they will not override the above described settings.

I have no idea how just setting a 3 position switch to 4 servos is causing them to act they way they are.

Help!

Thanks
Scott
Old 10-30-2017, 03:25 AM
rcjets_63
My Feedback: (4)

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by csandt051196
Flap Confusion: I have 4 separate servos that are used for four separate flaps. I set the servos up and assigned as normal. I did not adjust any throws. Then I assigned a 3 position switch. The second I did this the servos operated as 0% on position 1, 50% on position 2 and 100% on position 3. I did nothing to cause this.
I set up flight modes for each position of the switch and then set up the flight mode trim to the %'s I want, but they will not override the above described settings.
I have no idea how just setting a 3 position switch to 4 servos is causing them to act they way they are.
Help!
Thanks
Scott
Hi Scott,
I set up a test model with 4 flaps and 2 ailerons to give you a full and complete answer. The flaps were automatically assigned to P5. Go into Functions Assignment and change the Control to your 3-position switch (in my case Sa). The switch will drive -100, 0, +100 by default. Set up the 4 servos mechanically to be in the take off position when the switch is in the middle 0% position though you can use Subtrim (for each servo in Servo Setup) as necessary to adjust the servo control arm position so they are mirrored (left wing servos mirror right wing servos). Go to Servo Setup and to set the flaps up and flaps down travel for each servo by adjusting the Max Positive and Max Negative values.

Note: there are many ways to do things with a Jeti radio. This is how I like to set up the flaps. Personally I find it really easy to do (few steps) and since the flaps are mechanically setup as mirror images, the left wing and right wing flaps move exactly the same throughout the travel. However, if this somehow causes you grief, there are other methods including the use of Functions.

You can add flight modes to the same switch. If you want to slow down the travel, do it in Servo Setup.

Flight Mode Trim is not for throw setup but is for making small adjustments to basic settings in each of the modes. Zero these all out from your current settings. If you've changed the setting to S for flaps in Flight Mode Trim, make sure you zero the values for each flight mode.

Regards,

Jim

Last edited by rcjets_63; 10-30-2017 at 03:26 AM. Reason: grammar
Old 10-30-2017, 03:45 AM
sillyness
My Feedback: (25)

Function curve should fix your flap woes. Set the values you want for each switch position on a 3-point curve. I'd use that instead of the trim you used.
Old 10-30-2017, 05:29 AM
gooseF22

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I just set up another A10 with 2 ailerons and 4 flaps, and crow..

We used to set it up the way above. but now we do the following.

Do not assign a switch to the function of Flaps.. Let the butterfly system do it. Clear the switch assignment..
Set the throws to the mechanical limits of the flap
Align the flaps in the takeoff position using sub trim.
Zero out any values in the butterfly
Assign flight modes and butterfly to the same switch
Make sure you have only Check marks next to the switch assignment in butterfly..this is important.. You only want 1 flap setting per flight mode
Set 1.5 sec between flight modes.. zero out all the others.

Now, set the flaps in the butterfly menu.. they will ALL move symmetrically. Then turn off the symmetric function on the bottom of the page and make any fine adjustments needed.
Do this for flaps up and down
You can also add Crow if needed.

I have done a bunch of these.. this is the best way.. the function stays linear, and the flaps move together perfectly... In the case of the A-10, I added .5 sec to the inner flaps, so that the outer flaps move quicker, then the inner flaps, like the real plane.

The key in using flight mode/butterfly combo is clearing out the proportional and playing with reverse in order to get only check marks next to the switch assignment.. In my case I use Sd for it.

There is issues using flight mode trim, function curves, and mechanical stops. they are hard to get them to move at the same rate. Using the Butterfly, EVERYTHING moves at the same rate. Butterfly is really mis labeled.. It should be "flap/aileron system"

Once you do it this way one time, you will like it so much more that you will do it this way going forward.. We have been round and round with Jeti over this, and here we are.

Its a Jeti, so you can do it however you want, but I have found this way to be the best.. If you have 4 ailerons selected, all four will show up in butterfly.. S1-4. The butterfly allows very fine adjustments in the ailerons, flaps, and elevators, and using independent Separate trim mode, it takes almost no time to trim the maiden.

The problem is: its not easy to understand, When I REProgram a guys radio, I often have to undo a bunch of attempts at getting things to line up first.. sometimes I have to start over because it won't do the one thing they need.

Caveat: you need to get the flaps mechanically close to the takeoff position to begin. If they are pretty close at the servo mid position, you are good, even if they are closer to being up for example on some plug and play model.

I don't mean in any way to tell everyone how to do things, but when you learn to use the butterfly and flight modes together, it will make you programming immensely simpler.

When you have the flap function programmed on a switch, and the butter fly on the switch too, they fight each other.. When you use the mechanical stops to set the actual flaps down position they WILL move at different rates. When you use function curve, if you make any changes to the takeoff and landing positions, they might be off a little. If you use flight mode trim mode, you are limited to 50% throw.

Last edited by gooseF22; 10-30-2017 at 05:35 AM.
Old 10-30-2017, 05:37 AM
gooseF22

Originally Posted by LA jetguy
The beauty of the Jeti system is that there is more than one way to achieve the same task... I had never thought of a sequencer programming... I have made "two free" mixes activated by the retract switch. The purpose of this break pulse was to prevent "mud" in the wheel wells, as well as preventing a running tires to rub on any wires going through the wells..

Please note that "Sb" switch is the retract switch, also note the "Curve" its a 3 point curve (try to achieve that shape).... finally in picture 1 under "switch +" 1.5 sec is the duration of the pulse break...

David
Brilliant David!! great idea
Old 10-30-2017, 07:32 AM
Bob_B
My Feedback: (11)

Received 82 Likes on 71 Posts

Recently setup a sequencer to act as an ABS for my brakes as the controller is not proportional.
There are so many things you can do with some creativity!
Old 10-30-2017, 08:51 AM
mullerr

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Thanks goose

Originally Posted by gooseF22
I just set up another A10 with 2 ailerons and 4 flaps, and crow..

We used to set it up the way above. but now we do the following.

Do not assign a switch to the function of Flaps.. Let the butterfly system do it. Clear the switch assignment..
Set the throws to the mechanical limits of the flap
Align the flaps in the takeoff position using sub trim.
Zero out any values in the butterfly
Assign flight modes and butterfly to the same switch
Make sure you have only Check marks next to the switch assignment in butterfly..this is important.. You only want 1 flap setting per flight mode
Set 1.5 sec between flight modes.. zero out all the others.

Now, set the flaps in the butterfly menu.. they will ALL move symmetrically. Then turn off the symmetric function on the bottom of the page and make any fine adjustments needed.
Do this for flaps up and down
You can also add Crow if needed.

I have done a bunch of these.. this is the best way.. the function stays linear, and the flaps move together perfectly... In the case of the A-10, I added .5 sec to the inner flaps, so that the outer flaps move quicker, then the inner flaps, like the real plane.

The key in using flight mode/butterfly combo is clearing out the proportional and playing with reverse in order to get only check marks next to the switch assignment.. In my case I use Sd for it.

There is issues using flight mode trim, function curves, and mechanical stops. they are hard to get them to move at the same rate. Using the Butterfly, EVERYTHING moves at the same rate. Butterfly is really mis labeled.. It should be "flap/aileron system"

Once you do it this way one time, you will like it so much more that you will do it this way going forward.. We have been round and round with Jeti over this, and here we are.

Its a Jeti, so you can do it however you want, but I have found this way to be the best.. If you have 4 ailerons selected, all four will show up in butterfly.. S1-4. The butterfly allows very fine adjustments in the ailerons, flaps, and elevators, and using independent Separate trim mode, it takes almost no time to trim the maiden.

The problem is: its not easy to understand, When I REProgram a guys radio, I often have to undo a bunch of attempts at getting things to line up first.. sometimes I have to start over because it won't do the one thing they need.

Caveat: you need to get the flaps mechanically close to the takeoff position to begin. If they are pretty close at the servo mid position, you are good, even if they are closer to being up for example on some plug and play model.

I don't mean in any way to tell everyone how to do things, but when you learn to use the butterfly and flight modes together, it will make you programming immensely simpler.

When you have the flap function programmed on a switch, and the butter fly on the switch too, they fight each other.. When you use the mechanical stops to set the actual flaps down position they WILL move at different rates. When you use function curve, if you make any changes to the takeoff and landing positions, they might be off a little. If you use flight mode trim mode, you are limited to 50% throw.
The set up you did on the A10 for me was great, it solved all the issues that I was encountering and it works seamlessly, I am a lucky gut to have you're help

​​​​​​​Richard Muller
​​​​​​​
Old 10-31-2017, 09:56 AM
csandt051196

Goose,

So far it is starting to work, but why do I need to put the flaps in take off position before I setup the Butterfly? I also see no place for check marks as you mention.

Thanks for your help

Scott
Old 10-31-2017, 10:13 AM
Bob_B
My Feedback: (11)

Received 82 Likes on 71 Posts

You mechanically set the TO position with the switch in the center position and then you set the clean and landing positions using end points.
Old 10-31-2017, 11:50 AM
Don Perry
My Feedback: (51)

I use the butterfly page on all of my setups! for flaps crow and elevator to flap mix.

Don
Old 10-31-2017, 02:05 PM
csandt051196

Goose,

I am getting closer. I cleared everything back to as if it were a new plane. I set the take off flap positions using the offset for each servo. I then added the 3 flight modes normal flight (flaps will be up), Take off (flaps will be in take off position) and landing (flaps will be in landing position). I assigned SH a 3 position switch to each mode in a different position. Then I went to butterfly and set it to switch SH. I also set the global setting to S as each mode will have a different % in the butterfly setting. I then placed the switch in the normal flight flaps up position and modified the % in the butterfly setting to make the flaps go up. I also moved the switch to the landing position and modified the % in the butterfly setting to make the flaps go down to the landing position.

I should be finished now, but the switch only moves the flaps to normal and take off. When I put the switch in landing position nothing happens.

What am I missing?

Thanks
Scott
Old 10-31-2017, 02:41 PM
rbgetz

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Hey Scott,
I had the same issue. you may try going into the main butterfly page. flip your switch to the landing position. then select the "control" to enter into the switch position and just hit reverse and accept it. It worked for mine.

rob
Old 10-31-2017, 02:45 PM
wfield0455
My Feedback: (7)

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Goose,

I am getting closer. I cleared everything back to as if it were a new plane. I set the take off flap positions using the offset for each servo. I then added the 3 flight modes normal flight (flaps will be up), Take off (flaps will be in take off position) and landing (flaps will be in landing position). I assigned SH a 3 position switch to each mode in a different position. Then I went to butterfly and set it to switch SH. I also set the global setting to S as each mode will have a different % in the butterfly setting. I then placed the switch in the normal flight flaps up position and modified the % in the butterfly setting to make the flaps go up. I also moved the switch to the landing position and modified the % in the butterfly setting to make the flaps go down to the landing position.

I should be finished now, but the switch only moves the flaps to normal and take off. When I put the switch in landing position nothing happens.

What am I missing?

Thanks
Scott
If you are using flap based flight modes you don't even need to assign an actual switch in Butterfly. The switch SCALES all values in Bufferfly which is why Goose said it needs to be assigned as a check mark, not proportional. A possibly simpler alternative is to assign LOG_MAX to the switch field which always evaluates to 100%. Go to the butterfly menu, select the flight mode and select the switch field and use the logical switch function key to select LOG_MAX.
Old 10-31-2017, 05:05 PM
csandt051196

Wayne

the log_max did the trick, but why? I really do not understand. I tried clearing the switch assignment in the butterfly menu and then all flap function stopped.

What is log_max?

thanks for your and everyone's help

scott
Old 11-01-2017, 03:53 AM
wfield0455
My Feedback: (7)

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Wayne

the log_max did the trick, but why? I really do not understand. I tried clearing the switch assignment in the butterfly menu and then all flap function stopped.

What is log_max?

thanks for your and everyone's help

scott
Scott,
LOG_MAX is a preassigned value that Jeti provides that always valuates to +100% or full ON. The reason it works in this case or the check marks that Goose suggested also work is that they evaluate to 100%. The switch field in the Butterfly mix can be assigned to proportional controls as well and it SCALES the values assigned in the butterfly menu. For example, if you set a value of 40 for the flaps and the switch field evaluates to 100% you get an output value of 40 to the flaps. On the other hand if the switch field evaluates to 50% then that same assigned value of 40 will only output 50% of the value or 20. If the switch field evaluates to 0 there the output will be 0. There are many different combinations of switch assignments that can be assigned to a 3 position switch by playing with the PROP and CENTR function keys but by default PROP give -100,0,+100, Press PROP again and it gives a simply on/off check mark for that one switch position. When Butterfly is flight mode based (Separate instead of Global) with a bit of fiddling you can get a 3 position switch to evaluate to a check mark (ON) for each of the switch positions but I find it rather fiddly to get this assigned to I prefer the LOG_MAX value as it's easy to assign once you understand what it does.

Since I also mentioned that the switch field in Butterfly can be assigned to a proportional control, in that case you would want to assign it to a knob or slider, press the CENTR function key so it shows a range of 0 - 100%. In that case you wouldn't really need flight modes, just set the control to 100% and assign a value that provides the max flaps desired and then as you move the control, as it reduces from 100% (we started with it set to +100% remember) towards 0% the flaps output will reduce accordingly based on the value of the control.

Once you understand what the controls in the Butterfly menu do it becomes pretty simply to use and is very powerful.

I also use LOG_MAX assigned to a sequencer channel to start a 2 second delay every time the transmitter is powered up. I then use that sequencer channel to trigger a Voice announcement to speak the model name so when I power up it will say something like "Skymaster Hawk selected"..

LOG_MAX can be useful any time you need a value that will always evaluate to ON / +100%
Hope this make sense.

Last edited by wfield0455; 11-01-2017 at 04:00 AM.
Old 11-01-2017, 03:58 AM
F1 Rocket

Received 52 Likes on 32 Posts

Great input Wayne
Old 11-01-2017, 06:40 AM
kevin002

Originally Posted by F1 Rocket
Great input Wayne
Agreed. Wayne, thanks for the LOG_MAX use cases. I can't wait for my DS-24, a few of my friends included. There are going to be a bunch of new Jeti users wanting to learn some of these techniques very soon.
Old 11-02-2017, 02:52 PM
gooseF22

Originally Posted by wfield0455
If you are using flap based flight modes you don't even need to assign an actual switch in Butterfly. The switch SCALES all values in Bufferfly which is why Goose said it needs to be assigned as a check mark, not proportional. A possibly simpler alternative is to assign LOG_MAX to the switch field which always evaluates to 100%. Go to the butterfly menu, select the flight mode and select the switch field and use the logical switch function key to select LOG_MAX.
Thanks Wayne, simple but great explanation..
Old 11-03-2017, 04:37 AM
csandt051196

Wayne,

thanks that hat summed it up and now I understan. All my flaps are perfect now.

thanks to everyone who helped

Scott
Old 11-09-2017, 06:58 PM
DepecheMode101
My Feedback: (1)

Jeti Masters (see what I did there?)

How would one make his steering servo center when he hits the retract switch.

That is to say
1. retract switch is toggled
2. steering servo centers
3. retracts cycle up

Thank you cheers
Old 11-09-2017, 07:23 PM
LA jetguy

Received 54 Likes on 42 Posts

Originally Posted by DepecheMode101
Jeti Masters (see what I did there?)

How would one make his steering servo center when he hits the retract switch.

That is to say
1. retract switch is toggled
2. steering servo centers
3. retracts cycle up

Thank you cheers
Its very simple.... first you creat a retract sequence once you have created the sequence and all works then you do the following...

In Free mixes you create a mix Rudder to Nose wheel set the percentage of the mix to the amount of travel you like.. you can have different travel for each flight mode.... then in second page of the mix you activate the mix using the retract switch in a way that when the gears are down the mix is activated and you see a check mark.. when the gears are up the mix is deactivated ...

David
Old 11-09-2017, 07:46 PM
mullerr

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Dual rate works great too! Zero throw activated by gear switch.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.