Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Jeti-duplex-ds-16-2.4-ghz

Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Jeti-duplex-ds-16-2.4-ghz

Old 04-20-2014, 12:56 PM
ROTOMATT

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Pulled the trigger on a DS-16 just waiting for shipment, got a cb200 & 2 R3 plus airspeed for a P90 Rxi powered reaction 54 and an R11 for a byron f-16 12s edf. Lots of great info on this thread. will probably need a little programing help in the future. Is their a listing posted of sound files any where? thanks Matt
Old 04-20-2014, 01:15 PM
gooseF22

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

PM me w an email address for audio

Last edited by gooseF22; 04-20-2014 at 01:55 PM.
Old 04-20-2014, 06:27 PM
gooseF22

Originally Posted by ROTOMATT
Pulled the trigger on a DS-16 just waiting for shipment, got a cb200 & 2 R3 plus airspeed for a P90 Rxi powered reaction 54 and an R11 for a byron f-16 12s edf. Lots of great info on this thread. will probably need a little programing help in the future. Is their a listing posted of sound files any where? thanks Matt
welcome to the fan.. Read the manual before doing a lot..

the basic design is Function oriented.. not output oriented.. you will understand when you begin to program.. the output channelization is not relevant until you begin to hook up wires..

I would also get a current sensor MUI30, for your fuel pump, capacity...
Old 04-20-2014, 07:02 PM
oconcj
My Feedback: (1)

Hi Goose
I had been shopping for a new radio with telemetry for awhile. I was leaning towards JR, have been using one for 20 yrs or so. I was doing a lot of research on all the radios and was going to make my decision at Toledo after touching all the radios. Jeti was at the top. I went to my meeting just before Toledo, Minnesota Scale fliers and Joe was there along with Roy and I got to see and hold the DS-16 . That did it, I'm now a proud owner of a DS-16 . No regrets. I have been flying for almost 45 yrs. I don't have a jet, but I'm into giant scale warbirds with a P-51 and a new Mark Frankel design T-34. It spent 3 yrs building it and detailing it to be able to compete a Top Gun. I wanted a radio that gave me the security for the T-34 that Jeti appears to have. I have rread this entire thread helpful and confusing. I'm finishing a P-47 with flite metal for my son, and then I will be switching planes over to Jeti. I'm sure I will have questions in the future. I have the 14 channel rx now and will get another small one for dual rx in the P-51. I haven't decided on a setup for the T-34, maybe CB200 or another 14 ch. and sat. I have been running dual batts and using the bat port and a empty servo slot. I know some people don't like that, I haven't had any issues. I run A123 from NoBS batteries, he recommends that setup also. Any thoughts on that, and thank you in advance for your help.

I will be at Top Gun helping a friend fly, so I will say hi to Jim.

Thanks
Chris
Old 04-20-2014, 11:37 PM
rcjets_63
My Feedback: (4)

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

Hi Chris,

Welcome to the Jeti family. An R14 and R6 would work well for the P-51 since you already have the R14. For the T-34, you can go with the same setup but the CB200 and two R3's are a good price and offer the added benefit of power isolation, as well as current and capacity monitoring of your Rx batteries. If you have any questions, feel free to ask. I hope you'll say hello at Top Gun so feel free to drop by my tent. I'll be flying my "Grey Poupon" Rafale (Joe Balabon pic of drop tank release) and should be easy to spot in a yellow Jeti shirt.

Regards,

Jim

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	PHX_2491.jpg
Views:	482
Size:	421.5 KB
ID:	1988595  
Old 04-21-2014, 07:29 AM
REDBULL FRANCE

Hello goose F22,

What settings do you use with fadec V10 JetsMunt?
Old 04-21-2014, 08:40 AM
gooseF22

Originally Posted by REDBULL FRANCE
Hello goose F22,

What settings do you use with fadec V10 JetsMunt?
Gaspar's ECU can learn almost any settings, but for reference, I just quickly learned a Xicoy V10 using

-80, +80 ATV
throttle cut 125%
Failsafe 125%..
zero subtrim..

That was with an ECU not hooked up to anything, but it was showing PW's for all four modes, F/S, OFF (0%(, Idle (11%), and full (100%)

The problem we were having was with the Pro Jet as far as spreading out the numbers.. but Im still messing with it..

This is quote from Gaspar about his ECUs:

"first, the ecu don't expect a preset value of pulse duration. The only restriction it have is that the sense of movement, that should be positive, meaning that the STOP pulse width should be lower value than Full power pulse width. For pulse duration, the fadec can use any pulse you can generate, provided that there is a minimum separation from the set points. This mean that the stop signal no need to be of 1100us, can be of 900, 1000, 1300... same as maximum, up to 2200, more than this in some models. Idle setting could be any value between the maximum and minimum. We recommend a minimum of separation of 100us, but certainly the ecu can work with less. So, for example, the ecu will accept 950us STOP, 1050uS IDLE and 1200uS full power, or 1000us STOP, 1500uS idle and 2200us full power. So, just leave the TX travel to default 100%, assign the kill switch to whatever value it give by default, and just program the ecu to use this rates.

The fadec ecus do have failsafe, to use it you should program the throttle signal to a value lower than STOP signal, if you have the STOP to -100% that is 1000uS, just set to -110%. This will allow the ecu to be aware of the failsafe condition, set the engine to idle for 2 seconds and if condition persist, shut down. Also will record the failsafe events and cause of shutdown."

Last edited by gooseF22; 04-21-2014 at 08:49 AM.
Old 04-21-2014, 01:26 PM
REDBULL FRANCE

Hello gooseF22,

You can try the settings
Here are the easiest settings for ECU Project
Must remove the trim digital channel gas
Assign a switch in place of the digital trim with Trim Max value 30%
No throttle cut
You can see the screen description
Then calibrate the terminal menu

Name:	Screen000.jpg
Views:	421
Size:	58.5 KB
ID:	1988747   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen001.jpg
Views:	413
Size:	55.3 KB
ID:	1988748   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen002.jpg
Views:	409
Size:	55.5 KB
ID:	1988749   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen003.jpg
Views:	422
Size:	46.1 KB
ID:	1988750  
Old 04-21-2014, 03:59 PM
gooseF22

thanks red bull..

I had it very similar to that before using the P8 knob.. but when I decided that I wanted the throttle cut to work at any setting, I had to begin to play with the sub trim..

I now have a locking switch that I use to kill from any setting..

the other problem is if the trim switch, SC is moved, it will actually lower the throttle setting even mid or high.

good stuff and thank you..
Old 04-21-2014, 09:23 PM
Pepperpete

Ok I'm about ready to lose my mind. Ive hooked up an MUI 30 to use as my "fuel gauge" and can get voltage and amp readings perfectly fine but it will NOT show me the MAH used. It just sits there doing nothing and shows 1mah. I have hooked it up as follows. I used the instruction guide a user posted here.

MUI Yellow Wires connected in series to the red wire from my battery leading to my turbine ECU. (I also tried going into series with the fuel pump red wire, same results shows everything except Mah)
MUI Black and Red wires connected in parallel to my fuel pumps + and - wires. (Same thing also tried going in parallel to my battery but got same results except different voltage reading of course (but no Mah readout)
JR style connected to the RX (obviously)

Is there something else I need to do? Or have I hooked it up wrong. I'm getting a little frustrated trying to fix each issue I'm running into. I'm hoping this is just user error but after the TurnKnob settings not sticking in the gyro menu (confirmed by other members here) and now something as simple as this voltage readout not working. I'm starting to wonder if I'm in over my head with this radio.

Last edited by Pepperpete; 04-21-2014 at 10:02 PM.
Old 04-21-2014, 10:11 PM
rcjets_63

Originally Posted by Pepperpete
Ok I'm about ready to lose my mind. Ive hooked up an MUI 30 to use as my "fuel gauge" and can get voltage and amp readings perfectly fine but it will NOT show me the MAH used. It just sits there doing nothing and shows 1mah. I have hooked it up as follows. I used the instruction guide a user posted here.

MUI Yellow Wires connected in series to the red wire from my battery leading to my turbine ECU.
MUI Black and Red wires connected in parallel to my fuel pumps + and - wires.
JR style connected to the RX (obviously)

Is there something else I need to do? Or have I hooked it up wrong. I'm getting a little frustrated trying to fix each issue I'm running into. I'm hoping this is just user error but after the TurnKnob settings not sticking in the gyro menu (confirmed by other members here) and now something as simple as this voltage readout not working. I'm starting to wonder if I'm in over my head with this radio.
Basically, you've reversed the amperage leads and the voltage leads.

1) You've connected the yellow wires in series with the red wire from the battery to the turbine ECU. You need to cut the positive wire leading from the ECU to the fuel pump and splice the yellow amperage leads into this line. Note the markings on the MUI-30. The portion of the cut wire from the ECU is connected to the yellow wire marked with an "A<-" on the MUI-30. The portion of the cut wire going to the fuel pump is connected to the yellow wire marked with an "A->".

2) You have connected the red/black voltage wires to the pump in parallel. That will cause them to read the voltage drop across the pump. These wires need to be connected to the ECU battery in parallel to measure ECU battery voltage.

Incidentally, once it is set up this way, the mah counter doesn't increase until current is flowing through the fuel pump (in other words, the pump is pumping). Also, you also have to do the sensor setup, radio setup, alarm setup, and functionality check per the instructions in post #711 on page 29.

Regards,

Jim

Last edited by rcjets_63; 04-21-2014 at 10:16 PM.
Old 04-21-2014, 10:14 PM
Pepperpete

Jim I did exactly as you described right after my post. Sorry I had updated the post. It still won't show the MAH usage. There is nothing I seem to be able to do to get the MAH moving. I'm at a total loss. Unless anyone has another suggestion, I'm going to guess that this unit is defective.

Last edited by Pepperpete; 04-21-2014 at 10:27 PM.
Old 04-21-2014, 10:27 PM
rcjets_63

The mah doesn't increase unless the pump is running. Did you check it with the turbine running or by using the GSU to run the pump (such as when priming the fuel lines)? I don't know what turbine you are using but it is important that you splice the MUI-30 into the positive wire and that you get it connected in the right direction. The red wire is likely positive, but you will need to check that with a voltmeter connected and the fuel pump running. What value did you set as your start trigger? When running the pump manually, you might be having less amps going through the pump than your start trigger setting.

Regards,

Jim

Last edited by rcjets_63; 04-21-2014 at 10:54 PM.
Old 04-21-2014, 10:29 PM
Pepperpete

Running the pump via the GSU for priming is exactly how I was testing it. I figured maybe it didn't use all that much but I ran the plane dry. Absolutely no movement from the MAh readout. I'm running a Kingtech K60 and yes I confirmed both that the wires are going the right direction (A in and A out). I get both voltage and amp readings just fine. They work great. But the MAH readout will not budge which is the entire point of this.
Old 04-21-2014, 10:32 PM
rcjets_63

Pete,

I sent you a PM. Let's take this off-line and get you fixed up quickly.

Jim
Old 04-21-2014, 11:26 PM
Pepperpete

THIS is why I love our hobby. The knowledge and helpfulness of some in these forums is fantastic.

Thanks Jim I was able to get it working. I had to go into the jetibox profile and tell the MUI at what amp to start the readings (for me it's 0.1 as it tops at 0.3) . Once I did that everything worked flawlessly. I don't understand at all why the manual wouldn't specify "WILL NOT WORK UNLESS YOU DO SUCH AND SUCH". There is absolutely nothing that would have helped me get this working if you guys were not here. Thanks for the help and the patience with my endless questions.

So using the Prime Pump function seems the easiest way to get the MAH that will be used for the fuel level. Any issues with doing it this way? My jet only holds 68 oz so it doesn't take very long at full prime power to drain all three tanks.

Last edited by Pepperpete; 04-21-2014 at 11:56 PM.
Old 04-22-2014, 01:00 PM
oconcj

Hi Jim
Thanks for the reply
I will stop and say hi at Top Gun.
Does anybody know how this radio acts on a plane that is covered in flite metal? Also any comment on my question about plugging two batteries into the rx.

Thanks
Chris
Old 04-22-2014, 01:28 PM
rcjets_63

Hey Chris,

I'm not aware of anyone putting a Jeti into a plane which has been Flite Metal'd, but I certainly wouldn't hesitate. There are plenty of Flite Metal'd planes successfully using 2.4GHz and a Jeti has the added benefit of dual path redundancy with dual transmitter modules and dual receivers.

As for your question regarding using two batteries with the R14, go ahead. I've done the same thing on my sport jet which also has two batteries and an R14. One battery is terminated with a Multiplex connector that plugs into the front of the receiver while the second battery is teminated with two JR males which are inserted in the two BATT ports on the receiver.

Regards,

Jim

Name:	jeti-ex-r14.jpg
Views:	476
Size:	60.0 KB
ID:	1989059  
Old 04-22-2014, 04:06 PM
oconcj

Hey Jim

Can I just use the two batt ports on the rx for the Jr plugs? or the multiplex and one of the batt ports

Chris
Old 04-22-2014, 04:06 PM
Downwind3Zero
My Feedback: (10)

Hi,
Regarding the MFlow for turbines. What is the recommended placement of the unit? After or before the pump? There is no reference in the manual.
Thanks, Chris
Old 04-22-2014, 04:58 PM
gooseF22

Originally Posted by oconcj
Hey Jim

Can I just use the two batt ports on the rx for the Jr plugs? or the multiplex and one of the batt ports

Chris
any combo will work but the multiplex will provide better current.. Its a parallel bus
Old 04-22-2014, 05:00 PM
gooseF22

Originally Posted by Downwind3Zero
Hi,
Regarding the MFlow for turbines. What is the recommended placement of the unit? After or before the pump? There is no reference in the manual.
Thanks, Chris
pressure side!
Old 04-22-2014, 05:00 PM
Puttputt maru

Originally Posted by Downwind3Zero
Hi,
Thanks, Chris

I got this from Goose on an other forum

I would not install anything before the fuel pump.. only after..
the pressure drop during suction across any meter could cause bubbling in the turbine fuel line..
I even install my fuel filters after the pump... I filter the fuel also as it goes into the jet..

I don't want anything to cause the release of pressure bubbles or suck air.. crashed my first jet that way..

thats why there is two versions..
Edit: Goose you were faster LOL
Old 04-22-2014, 09:33 PM
Pepperpete

Do you have one already? I didn't realize they where out... Or are you just curious in prep for the release?
Old 04-23-2014, 06:25 AM
Downwind3Zero
My Feedback: (10)

Thanks Goose and Puttputt. I figured it would be pressure side. I do think that should be in the manual though. Yes, I have received them, a little larger than I thought it would be but will put it in a testplane first (Boomerang Sprint) and then take it from there. I think the MFlow together with the Xicoy EX sensor is a fairly completre combo to monitor what's going on.
Chris

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.