Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Jeti-duplex-ds-16-2.4-ghz

Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Jeti-duplex-ds-16-2.4-ghz

Old 12-03-2013, 07:34 PM
speed is life

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Good bye Weatronics........Hello Jeti.

I'm now on board as well, have a DS-16 + several receivers on the way from Zb @ Esprit.

Jeti = Extensive telemetry, customer service, availability of English language voice files,.....
(delayed BAT60, again).....sorry Wea, you snooze you lose.

Many thanks to Jeti rep Jim McEwen at the AZ Jet Rally, he sold me!

-Mike
Old 12-03-2013, 07:56 PM
xxspeed
My Feedback: (5)

Question, when I power up my Jeti the LCD display show as the picture in the right (the last plane used), and when I have the charger connected I see the picture in the left for about 5 sec. In one of the on line videos I was watching the transmitter power up like the one pictured on the left. What I would like to do is have the power up as the picture on the left. The software is version 2.01, I know there a new one available. I can fine any setting to change that, any help would be appreciated, Thanks xxspeed.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN1155.JPG
Views:	541
Size:	217.4 KB
ID:	1944575   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN1159.JPG
Views:	550
Size:	206.5 KB
ID:	1944576  
Old 12-03-2013, 11:36 PM
LA jetguy

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

Go to System-->Configuration->scroll down to "Disable startup question" and change the "yes" to "NO"... Upgrade to firmware 2.22 and enjoy watching the snowflakes before pressing yes... You will notice them!!!!

Don't forget to backup before upgrading....
Old 12-04-2013, 03:28 AM
HarryC
My Feedback: (1)

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts

I really have no need for the gyros etc inside the Tx and don't want to pay the extra for them. Is Jeti planning to sell a DS without them, for the lower price of the DC which doesn't have them? DC is 200 cheaper than DS
Old 12-04-2013, 04:39 AM
xxspeed
My Feedback: (5)

Thanks Ill do it tonight.
Old 12-04-2013, 07:21 AM
bluelevel
My Feedback: (39)

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by HarryC View Post
I really have no need for the gyros etc inside the Tx and don't want to pay the extra for them. Is Jeti planning to sell a DS without them, for the lower price of the DC which doesn't have them? DC is 200 cheaper than DS
Harry,

what you are looking for has already been announced, there will we a DS-14 coming out in a few months. See http://blog.espritmodel.com/the-stor...ystem-1090-00/

Thomas
Old 12-04-2013, 08:19 AM
HarryC

Originally Posted by bluelevel View Post
Harry,

what you are looking for has already been announced, there will we a DS-14 coming out in a few months. See http://blog.espritmodel.com/the-stor...ystem-1090-00/

Thomas
That's interesting, thanks Thomas. Unfortunately the number of channels and other features is going the wrong way! I want a full DS 16 but without the gyros/accelerometers, as per the DC16.
Old 12-04-2013, 10:05 AM
gooseF22

Don't forget that it will be 14 command functions that can be mapped to many servos/outputs, so it can drive multiple outputs and 2+ receivers that can be set up..

I also want to point out that a DX18 is really a 10-12 chan system with add on functionality via expansion box getting 18, but the expansion box is slower 512.. and you cannot map servo function in the RX... W Jeti, you can do whatever you want within the receiver...

Last edited by gooseF22; 12-04-2013 at 10:10 AM.
Old 12-04-2013, 10:17 AM
ash 26

With the new Multiplex Profi TX that is now out we have 16 fully proportional channels and all the Powerbox equipment works with it this is one of the reasons that I will stay with Multiplex
Old 12-04-2013, 10:43 AM
Jeti USA

Originally Posted by ash 26 View Post
With the new Multiplex Profi TX that is now out we have 16 fully proportional channels and all the Powerbox equipment works with it this is one of the reasons that I will stay with Multiplex
With Jeti you have 32 channels, 16 full + 16 additional wireless commands coming very soon.
Wireless Commands can be pretty much 1x signal outputs (Gear down....) or commands like clear Data Logging from your Central Box Unit. (Sorry :-))

Zb/Jeti USA

Last edited by Jeti USA; 12-04-2013 at 10:45 AM.
Old 12-04-2013, 11:33 AM
Mark Vandervelden

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hi all
Do we get carried away with how many channels we think we need?, surly for most of us even with the most complicated of airframes how often do we actually uses 14 let alone 16 or more channels?

Throt = 1
Eile = 1 prob 2ch
Aile = 1 prob 2ch
Rudd = 1 pos 2ch
Flap = 1
Nose wheel = 1ch
Gear = 1ch
Brake = 1ch
Air Brake =1ch
Lights = 1ch
Smoke =1ch

The list above seems to me like a fairly comprehensive airframe and even using 1 command channel per surface or function it still only adds up to just the 14ch.
Add this to Jetis RXs ability to trim and adjust any number of output/socket independently from the Tx allows functions like duel flaps or twin rudders to be operated from a single command function.

Thoughts any one, I'm sure some of you will have other function's I have not thought of

Last edited by Mark Vandervelden; 12-04-2013 at 11:43 AM.
Old 12-04-2013, 11:34 AM
bluelevel

This discussion seems to be turning into a pi**ing contest
Old 12-04-2013, 11:38 AM
Mark Vandervelden

Hi "Jeti USA"
Can you elaborate on "16 additional wireless commands coming very soon" what exactly can we hope to do with extras
Old 12-04-2013, 11:43 AM
gooseF22

I have a couple of technical q's

I know the receivers are interchangeable for redundancy/diversity

1. If you have a CentralBox 200, What, if any, is the technical advantage of using the R3 Sats for primary SAT over the R5L or for that matter any other Rx? the R5L is the same price as the R3... Is there better frame rate consistency? Is there more ExtTelemetry functions?.. Are either able to use external channel while set up for PPM output? I realize the R3 can be used as a switch, but Im more interested in any technical advantage of one Sat setup over the other

2. If you are using a R14 or R18 plus a satellite, is there any advantage to using an R3 over a R5L for Sat redundancy?

thanks..goose
Old 12-04-2013, 11:49 AM
ash 26

Hi Mark

I totally agree with you 16 ch is more than any of us will ever need the only point I was trying to make is that Multiplex works with all the PowerBox equipment straight off with no issues and it is very straight forward to run a dual receiver diversity system

cheers

Andy
Old 12-04-2013, 11:51 AM
bluelevel

Originally Posted by gooseF22 View Post

1. If you have a CentralBox 200, What, if any, is the technical advantage of using the R3 Sats for primary SAT over the R5L or for that matter any other Rx? the R5L is the same price as the R3... Is there better frame rate consistency? Is there more ExtTelemetry functions?.. Are either able to use external channel while set up for PPM output? I realize the R3 can be used as a switch, but Im more interested in any technical advantage of one Sat setup over the other

2. If you are using a R14 or R18 plus a satellite, is there any advantage to using an R3 over a R5L for Sat redundancy?

thanks..goose
Goose,

if using two receivers in combination with the Central box, there will be no difference, because the Central Box communicates with the RX's through the digital EX Bus protocol. If it were the old analog PPM signal, only then it might matter. Your telemetry equipment will be connected to the Central box anyway, so there is no more or less telemetry ports.

Regarding your second question I also think that there is no difference between the R3 or and R5L regarding its reception capabilities. The technical specs are identical. On the paper even the specs of the R14 / R18 are the same as the smaller receivers, but unter difficult conditions you should see a little advantage with the bigger receivers because their antennas are shielded. But I think it would be overkill to use two R14's or two R18's.

Thomas

Last edited by bluelevel; 12-04-2013 at 12:02 PM.
Old 12-04-2013, 11:58 AM
Mark Vandervelden

Hi Andy

Yes I seem to remember running all my airframes on as little as 8chs not so very long ago but did have to get inventive at times.
Jeti dose work with all the Powerbox equipment ? and on its all its primary "full" 16chs in its EX-Bus mode.

All TXs have there strengths and weaknesses, so far I'm very pleased with my choice
Old 12-04-2013, 11:59 AM
speed is life

Originally Posted by ash 26 View Post
Hi Mark
I totally agree with you 16 ch is more than any of us will ever need the only point I was trying to make is that Multiplex works with all the PowerBox equipment straight off with no issues and it is very straight forward to run a dual receiver diversity system
cheers
Andy
A non-issue for the USA........Multiplex is "dead as a door nail" here. Not FCC certified, not imported.

Last edited by speed is life; 12-04-2013 at 12:44 PM.
Old 12-04-2013, 12:30 PM
Jeti USA

Originally Posted by Mark Vandervelden View Post
Hi "Jeti USA"
Can you elaborate on "16 additional wireless commands coming very soon" what exactly can we hope to do with extras
Copy from different forum:
Good news is that DS/DC-16 radio systems very soon will be DS-32, we will have 16x "additional remote commands". System will be able to control additional 16 devices/functions. Those can be simple functions like turning lights ON/OFF, Gear UP/Down or resetting Central Box Data Log.

This addition will not effect the data stream or latency. The remote command is one time command that Tx will send to Rx and wait for Rx confirmation, it's only executed once.

Zb/Jeti USA
Old 12-04-2013, 12:39 PM
Jeti USA

thanks..goose
1) No advantage, all receivers are Full Range and have all functionality. Only advantage with R3 is Wireless Switch Fumction and Hard Case

2) Same as #1

Zb/Jeti USA
Old 12-04-2013, 08:00 PM
DrV
My Feedback: (2)

Originally Posted by Jeti USA View Post
Copy from different forum:
Good news is that DS/DC-16 radio systems very soon will be DS-32, we will have 16x "additional remote commands". System will be able to control additional 16 devices/functions. Those can be simple functions like turning lights ON/OFF, Gear UP/Down or resetting Central Box Data Log.

This addition will not effect the data stream or latency. The remote command is one time command that Tx will send to Rx and wait for Rx confirmation, it's only executed once.

Zb/Jeti USA
in other words, are they non proportional off/on channels?
Old 12-05-2013, 02:16 AM
HarryC

Originally Posted by Mark Vandervelden View Post
Hi all
Do we get carried away with how many channels we think we need?, surly for most of us even with the most complicated of airframes how often do we actually uses 14 let alone 16 or more channels?

Throt = 1
Eile = 1 prob 2ch
Aile = 1 prob 2ch
Rudd = 1 pos 2ch
Flap = 1
Nose wheel = 1ch
Gear = 1ch
Brake = 1ch
Air Brake =1ch
Lights = 1ch
Smoke =1ch

The list above seems to me like a fairly comprehensive airframe and even using 1 command channel per surface or function it still only adds up to just the 14ch.
Add this to Jetis RXs ability to trim and adjust any number of output/socket independently from the Tx allows functions like duel flaps or twin rudders to be operated from a single command function.

Thoughts any one, I'm sure some of you will have other function's I have not thought of
Lots more! My EE Lightning has 20 devices and I could fit more yet. One of my F-86 has 18 devices. They don't all need individual Tx channels but it is best if they each have their own output at the Rx in a programmable Rx so that for instance one Tx flap channel can be mapped to two Rx outputs which is what I do at the moment with Weatronic. It seems that Jeti can do similar. Systems that don't have programmable Rx need Tx channels or y leads. That's why I have been asking questions about how a Jeti system with max 16 outputs on the 18ch rx with rsats, could expand up to dealing with 20 devices. It's not clear from jeti's website how I could link up Rx etc and expand the system.
Old 12-05-2013, 06:56 AM
Jeti USA

Originally Posted by DrV View Post
in other words, are they non proportional off/on channels?
No, fully proportional. They are just not part of the standard data stream, otherwise you latency would be huge, transmit 32 ch. takes time.

Zb/Jeti USA
Old 12-05-2013, 02:26 PM
gooseF22

So if I understand this. We have 2 tx modules. So you can bind one to the #1 tx module in normal mode and the other to #2 tx module in normal mode and link sat receiver to the main by plugging from the sat rx ppm designated servo port into the Sat input on main rx.

In this scenario, what does it take for the sat rx to take over? Complete loss of main sig? Or is it an algorithm based on sig dBM or?

Ie how does degradation work?
Old 12-05-2013, 08:31 PM
bluelevel

In this scenario, what does it take for the sat rx to take over? Complete loss of main sig? Or is it an algorithm based on sig dBM or? Ie how does degradation work?
Goose,

my information is that both RF links to the master receivers are always active and are used alternately regardless of their signal strength. The satellite receivers only come into play if the corresponding master does not receive a valid signal.

Thomas

Last edited by bluelevel; 12-05-2013 at 08:36 PM.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.