Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Jeti-duplex-ds-16-2.4-ghz >

Jeti-duplex-ds-16-2.4-ghz

Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Jeti-duplex-ds-16-2.4-ghz

Old 02-19-2016, 12:57 AM
My Feedback: (1)

Received 26 Likes on 16 Posts

Last edited by HarryC; 02-19-2016 at 03:34 AM.
Old 02-19-2016, 01:30 AM

Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts

Thanks for answers! I have to try them out later today. Just started the whole engine for first time ever ( first time ever turbine ...)

Was a bit exciting so to say... at least 5 starts went bad and finally I understood the cause, lots of air coming from tanks even tho I have CAT installed. Got it running at last, was fun!
Old 02-19-2016, 01:39 AM

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Just a small comment when using our telemetry adapter, if the alarm is defined on the adapter itself (not in the TX), the alarm is inhibited until the remaining of fuel is below the 98%, to not chime during the startup phase.

Gaspar
Old 02-19-2016, 04:28 AM
My Feedback: (7)

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Gaspar
Just a small comment when using our telemetry adapter, if the alarm is defined on the adapter itself (not in the TX), the alarm is inhibited until the remaining of fuel is below the 98%, to not chime during the startup phase.

Gaspar
Gaspar,

Does that mean the telemetry adapter can send a Morse Code Alarms to Jeti to indicate flameout ? I don't see any mention of this in the manual. How do you do this?

Thanks

EDIT:
Never mind. I just downloaded that latest manual from the Xicoy website and it mentions Alarm setting. I have one of the very first telemetry adapters and the manual is slightly different which is why I wasn't seeing it.

Last edited by wfield0455; 02-19-2016 at 04:33 AM.
Old 02-19-2016, 04:39 AM

Yes, but not all telemetry adapters have this function. Was added at same time as the compatibility with Graupner Hott radios in November 2014. Label should say "Telemetry-2".

On these, on the configuration menus you have some extra "alarms" menu, where you can define the alarms for RPM, Fuel, Pump.

Gaspar
Old 02-19-2016, 06:57 AM

How to put xicoy adapter data into jeti screen as default? Its faster than scrolling down jetibox and then trying to find turbine. I liked to watch startup sequence and other data from screen.

So xicoy adapter gives morse code when flameout? How to use it for warning? And I mean using ds-16 functions only, not messing with adapter.
Old 02-19-2016, 07:51 AM

Originally Posted by Ceeray
How to put xicoy adapter data into jeti screen as default? Its faster than scrolling down jetibox and then trying to find turbine. I liked to watch startup sequence and other data from screen.

So xicoy adapter gives morse code when flameout? How to use it for warning? And I mean using ds-16 functions only, not messing with adapter.
Between posts #2248 and posts #2249 you should have most of the info you need to set this up but I'll try to combine it here for you. The info in post #2249 about logical switches doesn't seem quite correct because you need to use Telemetry Controls not Logical Switches to make decisions on telemetry values. Still the idea of using EGT to enable the Alarm is quite good so I've implemented it here using a single Telemetry Control.

1) Use Advanced Properties, Telemetry Control to create a control to detect EGT > 250.
Set the Sensor to EGT, Type of control to Switch and the Condition to X > 250.
I left the Default field (used when sensor not found) as 0 and Switch blank to have this control enabled all the time.

2) Using Advanced Properties, Logical Switches, create a Logical Switch, Give it a Label and Enable it.
Set Control 1 to be the Telemetry Control created in Step #1 Set Condition to AND and Control #2 to be
your Turbine Run switch being active.

3) Use Timers/Sensor, Alarms to ADD an Alarm and name it Flameout or what ever you want and Enable it.
Set Sensor to Pump, Condition to X < .1V, File as the wav file to speak if a flame out occurs and Switch
to use the Logical Switch created in Step #2. The options about whether to have the Alarm repeat, etc are up to you.

I've attached screen shots to show what I'm talking about.

EDITED: Updated post based on comments from JST-TC to eliminate false warning on shut-down. Thanks Paul!

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen000.jpg
Views:	702
Size:	33.2 KB
ID:	2148266   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen003.jpg
Views:	700
Size:	25.8 KB
ID:	2148304   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen004.jpg
Views:	687
Size:	31.1 KB
ID:	2148305  

Last edited by wfield0455; 02-19-2016 at 10:14 AM.
Old 02-19-2016, 08:41 AM
My Feedback: (2)

Received 135 Likes on 79 Posts

Wayne,

Thanks - that what you get from going from memory to describe the programming, but you have picked up the essential elements of my approach uisng EGT in the logic.

I think the way you have implemented it you will get a flameout warning on every normal shutdown, as your logic doesn't know why the pump voltage has dropped <0.1v. That is why I tied in the Run Switch in the logic.

Paul
Old 02-19-2016, 10:33 AM

Originally Posted by JSF-TC
Wayne,

Thanks - that what you get from going from memory to describe the programming, but you have picked up the essential elements of my approach uisng EGT in the logic.

I think the way you have implemented it you will get a flameout warning on every normal shutdown, as your logic doesn't know why the pump voltage has dropped <0.1v. That is why I tied in the Run Switch in the logic.

Paul
Paul,

Thanks for pointing that out. I normally use throttle trim to shutdown the turbine instead of a switch so I didn't think to add that. I went back and updated the post and I think now it should be OK. I'd appreciate it if you would double check and point out any other mistakes I may have made.

Thanks
Old 02-19-2016, 11:37 AM
My Feedback: (51)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well I just joined the club with a Black Carbon DS-16! The 18MZ is for sale soon!

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5041.jpg
Views:	832
Size:	302.1 KB
ID:	2148340  
Old 02-19-2016, 12:16 PM

Thank you all for your help, appreciate it!
Old 02-19-2016, 02:14 PM
My Feedback: (11)

Received 85 Likes on 74 Posts

Originally Posted by Don Perry
Well I just joined the club with a Black Carbon DS-16! The 18MZ is for sale soon!

Welcome to club Jeti!
Old 02-22-2016, 02:54 AM

I have Jeti DS16 and Jetibox Profi bound together with 2 x RSAT's. Powerbox Competition SRS telemetry into 1 ext port. Xicoy Telemetry adapter for Xicoy v10 ecu into other ext port of RSAT.

.Jetibox profi only sees receiver and powerbox telemetry.

Jeti DS16 sees receiver, powerbox AND turbine data.

Can't workout why turbine data is not available to the Profi with the above setup.

The other two models are setup with an R9 only and Profi and DS16 see all data and the other is R9 and 1 x RSAT and Profi and DS16 and sees all data.

Why the 1st setup does not see turbine data. Help please?

Last edited by number27; 02-22-2016 at 03:30 AM.
Old 02-22-2016, 05:18 AM

Originally Posted by number27
I have Jeti DS16 and Jetibox Profi bound together with 2 x RSAT's. Powerbox Competition SRS telemetry into 1 ext port. Xicoy Telemetry adapter for Xicoy v10 ecu into other ext port of RSAT.

Can't workout why turbine data is not available to the Profi with the above setup.

The other two models are setup with an R9 only and Profi and DS16 see all data and the other is R9 and 1 x RSAT and Profi and DS16 and sees all data.

I don't have a Jetibox profi so I may be completely wrong about this but my guess would be that the Jetibox profi doesn't know how to deal with dual path. As a result it only receives telemetry from one of the receivers and the devices connected to it.
Old 02-22-2016, 07:24 AM
My Feedback: (39)

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Wayne is absolutely right. The Powerbox only "listens" to the communication of ONE receiver. So if you have telemetry connected to BOTH receivers, you'll have to decide which of these is more important. Another option that I also haven't tried yet, is to use an expander and connect both telemetry outputs to one receiver. Probably the ProfiBox can handle it this way.

On the other hand I don't see a lot of useful telemetry output coming from the Powerbox except for DUAL battery voltage instead of the total voltage that the Jeti software displays by default.

Thomas
Old 02-22-2016, 07:40 AM

bluelevel one other option is to use a CB200 or CB400 rather than a PowerBox.

I do not want to start a what is better war but since this is a jeti thread I figured I would mention it.

By the way love your idea about connecting to the gear switch for flame out alarm.I will use it

Last edited by Puttputt maru; 02-22-2016 at 07:42 AM.
Old 02-22-2016, 07:45 AM

@Puttput

You are kidding, right? Dump a $400 device to buy another $250 device just to get telemetry on an EXTERNAL device like a ProfiBox? Sorry, that doesn't make sense to me. I'd try the expander first, that is the most inexpensive option. If that also doesn't work, ditch the telemetry output coming from the Powerbox, as this is covered by the standard Jeti telemetry output anyway.

Thomas
Old 02-22-2016, 08:32 AM

As I said I do not want to start a war over PowerBox and Jeti. If you want you can have a look at post #828 and the following ones of this thread. My point was countered but I still maintain it.

Why make a choice between one Rx or the other to me they are both important. The limiting factor in my mind is the PowerBox.
Old 02-22-2016, 08:56 AM

Originally Posted by Puttputt maru
As I said I do not want to start a war over PowerBox and Jeti. If you want you can have a look at post #828 and the following ones of this thread. My point was countered but I still maintain it.

Why make a choice between one Rx or the other to me they are both important. The limiting factor in my mind is the PowerBox.
I also do not want to start a brand war and I understand this is a Jeti thread, but sometimes it seems as if people see through the rose colored Jeti glasses and blindly defend their products without even knowing what other brands have to offer. Would we be in a Giant Scale forum, I would agree with you that a CentralBox 200 is probably the best choice, because it usually offers all features you need. But since we are talking about jets, this is sometimes not the case. A jet often has more than 14 servos/outputs that the CB200 does not support. The CB200 also doesn't have a regulator function in case you are not running HV servos. Some Powerbox products have a built-in sequencer that is a lot easier to program than the TX's sequencer. In case you want to use a gyro, the Jeti CentralBoxes often have disadvantages, because they only accept the proprietary Jeti EX Bus protocol that no gyro can "speak". We had this discussion before :-)

So saying that the Powerbox is the "limiting factor" isn't fully true. It all depends on the application which advantages or disadvantages weigh more.

Thomas
Old 02-22-2016, 09:59 AM

I have not tested it myself, but is my understanding that in this case you should set the ProfiBox in "monitor mode" and link it to the Transmitter, not to one of the receivers. In this way you have all the available data from the TX, including the TX data, on the profibox module.

Gaspar
Old 02-22-2016, 10:35 AM

Tku all for you help in this matter.

I will try all three methods mentioned and report back. Profibox is already in monitor mode will look at how to link the transmitter. I have a 4 port expander, if that don't work ditch the telemetry from powerbox is the option.

I use the equipment I had from changing over to Jeti from Futaba and the model had a powerbox already so why purchase a central box. Use what you have if you don't have then make informed choices.
Old 02-22-2016, 10:49 AM

The Expander option works fine.

A note however you need to plug into the correct receiver. On one RSAT when the expander was plugged into the EXT port lost all telemetry except receiver to the ProfiBox. Plugged into other RSAT and got all three. Turbine, Powerbox and receiver. I was going to put the expander in anyway as I am yet to install and airspeed sensor. Tks for the help everyone.

I will have more questions later still learning. Flight modes is my next hurdle.
Old 02-22-2016, 10:55 AM

The Expander option works fine.

A note however you need to plug into the correct receiver. On one RSAT when the expander was plugged into the EXT port lost all telemetry except receiver to the ProfiBox. Plugged into other RSAT and got all three. Turbine, Powerbox and receiver. I was going to put the expander in anyway as I am yet to install and airspeed sensor. Tks for the help everyone.

I will have more questions later still learning. Flight modes is my next hurdle.
That's what I said earlier, the ProfiBox can monitor only 1 receiver and this of course means, you have to figure out which one and connect the sensors to exactly this RX. But good to hear that the expander option works.

I can also give you some good advice on the airspeed sensor, I have tinkered with this for a long time to figure out the best alarm settings. I think it was Wayne who suggested to look into the Vario function of the TX and this is what I did.

What's your issue with flight modes?

Thomas
Old 02-22-2016, 11:03 AM

Bluelevel I have tried both and made my choice.

No I do not own rose colored glasses.

As everything in this hobby choice of convenience, price, habits, information or lack of all play a role in decision making.

I have been around long enough in this hobby and others and was just suggesting an other solution. Please take it as is, I do not need to be put in my place, I know were it is.

number27 I would be glad to help with your flight modes problems if I can too.
Old 02-22-2016, 11:42 AM

Trying to get my head around Flight modes.

I have a J10 to setup with vectoring.

Jeti 18 channel receiver (customers choice)
iGryo with GPS sensor II

I would like the following and have at present set it up with

Triple Rates all with vector off and working with Gyro. Vector is on and working with gyro.

So can select which rate is on and whether vector is on or off. Gyro is enable in normal mode and vector off.

Vector then needs to be on and with highest rate and heading hold mode on Gyro.

Lots of witch flicking going on there.

So want to program if possible to just flick one switch to have Vector off and normal mode on gyro and then to have vector on and gyro in heading hold mode with full rates.

any hints ideas etc appreciated with a good setup.

many ways to do the same thing I am sure.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.