Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

BVM soon to release a new F16 PNP

Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

BVM soon to release a new F16 PNP

Old 10-28-2013, 10:13 PM
  #26  
dribbe
Senior Member
 
dribbe's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Venice, FL
Posts: 838
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

HUSAFREAK,
FWIW, The price discussed at the show with some private individuals was basically a 'show special' as Dan and I flew into the show through LAX, and had NO way to transport the planes away from the show and had a flight at 0 dark thirty out of LAX on Sunday morning... and a small rental car.... so one good solution was to sell them... even if for no profit.... ultimately, the problem was solved for transport.... (they are not quite to the production standard also) anyway, as I said, the price will be fair.

Thanks for the note!
David

Last edited by dribbe; 10-28-2013 at 10:14 PM. Reason: spell
Old 10-28-2013, 10:19 PM
  #27  
dribbe
Senior Member
 
dribbe's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Venice, FL
Posts: 838
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

Here it is with the Sun setting and the Moon rising!


David
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	photo (1).JPG
Views:	868
Size:	596.9 KB
ID:	1934342  
Old 10-29-2013, 01:58 AM
  #28  
Bob_B
My Feedback: (11)
 
Bob_B's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Bluegrass State of Mind
Posts: 4,644
Received 68 Likes on 60 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Doug Cronkhite View Post
Sounds great David.

Now if only someone would kit your new Mig-15. To be honest though, I do with BV would come out with a new airframe. The same ones from nearly every manufacturer doesn't leave a lot of variety out there. I keep hoping he's got an F-8U or F-84F hidden away in the design labs in FL.
Doug you know the chinese would be right behind with a cheap copy making it difficult to recover his investment.

Last edited by Bob_B; 10-29-2013 at 02:20 AM.
Old 10-29-2013, 02:44 AM
  #29  
John1483
Junior Member
My Feedback: (5)
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Hialeah, FL
Posts: 3
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

ok guys this F-16 you all are looking at is a new version of the 1/6 scale Jet Legend I have a friend that have one and it flight like a dream
Old 10-29-2013, 03:58 AM
  #30  
Airplanes400
My Feedback: (349)
 
Airplanes400's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Florida
Posts: 1,775
Likes: 0
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Bob_B View Post
Doug you know the chinese would be right behind with a cheap copy making it difficult to recover his investment.
A cheap copy will never be the same, and will have many flaws. The 'knock-off' manufacturers (and you know who I'm referring to) do not have any concept of engineering. So they will not be able to duplicate the quality of the product, other than the general appearance.

If someone doesn't like the BVM price, they can always buy two model jets from an inferior manufacturer. The first model will crash, and the second model they can spend hundreds of hours complaining, re-desigining, modifying, and reinforcing. All in the hopes they can eventually get it to fly! Of course, this will cost more than one BVM product in the end.

Last edited by Airplanes400; 10-29-2013 at 04:01 AM.
Old 10-29-2013, 04:34 AM
  #31  
rcjets12
My Feedback: (21)
 
rcjets12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Palm Bay , FL
Posts: 383
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

This is not a BVM made kit from. I say this because I spoke to the two gentleman at BITW and they had told me that they were looking at a USA distributor for their F-16 that he wanted to sell as a plug and play for this jet that is made in China. I even ask if a customer would be able to get the het without the servos or other equipment and was told absolutely not. I told that in my opinion he would sell much more as must of us do not like using no name servo and having the option to get without would be great. He also told me that he was looking a a sales price of around the $6000 range for the plug and play. The F-16 did look very nice and almost seemed to be built like for an EDF but it was very strong. It was also kind of strange seeing that size jet flying with a Chetah.



At the end of the day this Jet is made in China with what looks like very good quality and as for the USA Distributor for them he hinted more like it would be Horizon Hobby because he kept talking about how much he love their concept of the plug and play and had communicated with them. He did also say that he also love BVM and may talk to them as well.

Either which way we will hopefully have another good jet on the market with a good price.
Old 10-29-2013, 05:07 AM
  #32  
FalconWings
My Feedback: (57)
 
FalconWings's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Fort Worth, TX
Posts: 6,993
Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts
Default

Whatever it is BVM will make it right. That purple logo = insurance.

I had a hard on when I read BVM F-16, but even if it is not BV made, a 1/6 F-16 at 28lbs? Are you kidding me? This is the same weight as a FEJ 1/8th!!

I'm sure price will be similar to a BARF, which is not that bad.

David
Old 10-29-2013, 06:25 AM
  #33  
Bob_B
My Feedback: (11)
 
Bob_B's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Bluegrass State of Mind
Posts: 4,644
Received 68 Likes on 60 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Airplanes400 View Post
A cheap copy will never be the same, and will have many flaws. The 'knock-off' manufacturers (and you know who I'm referring to) do not have any concept of engineering. So they will not be able to duplicate the quality of the product, other than the general appearance.

If someone doesn't like the BVM price, they can always buy two model jets from an inferior manufacturer. The first model will crash, and the second model they can spend hundreds of hours complaining, re-desigining, modifying, and reinforcing. All in the hopes they can eventually get it to fly! Of course, this will cost more than one BVM product in the end.

I never said the copies would be the same simply that it would make it hard difficult for BV to justify the investment in those type models. As you say buy cheap, buy twice, but they will still never equal a BV product!
Old 10-29-2013, 07:23 AM
  #34  
essyou35
My Feedback: (11)
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Central Midwest
Posts: 1,856
Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts
Default

No one said anything of the sort. I said it will only cost 15K which for all YOU know I consider that cheap for BVM.

So shovel it.


Originally Posted by Doug Cronkhite View Post
You know what.. It really irks me when people start talking trash about a BVM jet because they don't like the price. If you don't like it, don't buy it. It really isn't necessary to disparage a company just because YOU wouldn't spend the money for it.

The one thing you know from BVM is he'll have gone through every inch of it, tested the hell out of it, and will stand behind it.
Old 10-29-2013, 07:36 AM
  #35  
tulz161
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: St Augustine, Fl
Posts: 252
Likes: 0
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default

Originally Posted by essyou35 View Post
No one said anything of the sort. I said it will only cost 15K which for all YOU know I consider that cheap for BVM.

So shovel it.
Someone did...



Originally Posted by bluescoobydoo View Post
just what we need another f16 and at bvm prices, there are other to choose from


Old 10-29-2013, 07:53 AM
  #36  
ravill
My Feedback: (11)
 
ravill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Granite Bay, Ca
Posts: 5,704
Received 90 Likes on 72 Posts
Default

Remember when BV had Tam's F-18F? That 18 was made by Fei-bao and both BV and Tam had a few similarities. Whomever you bought it from it came with some of it's own little special tidbits. If you got if from BV, you got his Kingcat gear in it, from Tam you got it with a cool steerable nosegear, etc.....

It was a great F-18F. I flew the crap outta mine.



Old 10-29-2013, 08:24 AM
  #37  
jfetter
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: MIRAMAR, FL
Posts: 511
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

+1

Well said!

Originally Posted by Doug Cronkhite View Post
You know what.. It really irks me when people start talking trash about a BVM jet because they don't like the price. If you don't like it, don't buy it. It really isn't necessary to disparage a company just because YOU wouldn't spend the money for it.

The one thing you know from BVM is he'll have gone through every inch of it, tested the hell out of it, and will stand behind it.
Old 10-29-2013, 08:31 AM
  #38  
Thai Tiger
 
Thai Tiger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Bangkok, Thailand
Posts: 76
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

Any more photos of the F16?
Old 10-29-2013, 09:32 AM
  #39  
Airplanes400
My Feedback: (349)
 
Airplanes400's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Florida
Posts: 1,775
Likes: 0
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default

With all this talk, it appears that a Chinese manufacturer was scouting for a USA distributor. That possibly being BVM. But in fact, it really isn't a BVM jet after all.
Old 10-29-2013, 09:38 AM
  #40  
Bob_B
My Feedback: (11)
 
Bob_B's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Bluegrass State of Mind
Posts: 4,644
Received 68 Likes on 60 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by jfetter View Post
+1

Well said!
+2
Old 10-29-2013, 10:03 AM
  #41  
mr_matt
My Feedback: (10)
 
mr_matt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Oak Park, CA,
Posts: 10,437
Likes: 0
Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Airplanes400 View Post
With all this talk, it appears that a Chinese manufacturer was scouting for a USA distributor. That possibly being BVM. But in fact, it really isn't a BVM jet after all.
Does that mean that Bobcats and Bandits aren't "BVM jets" either? They are the nicest ARFS I have ever seen and they are not manufactured at BVMs facility.

It all depends on the business model (disty, ODM, OEM, CM) which in all likelihood we won't know officially now, maybe never.
Old 10-29-2013, 10:13 AM
  #42  
gunradd
Thread Starter
My Feedback: (9)
 
gunradd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Springhill, FL
Posts: 3,425
Likes: 0
Received 50 Likes on 43 Posts
Default

Dustin said they have a guy on the ground over their to check quality. Its no different then the way the bandits are made now.
Old 10-29-2013, 10:18 AM
  #43  
gunradd
Thread Starter
My Feedback: (9)
 
gunradd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Springhill, FL
Posts: 3,425
Likes: 0
Received 50 Likes on 43 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by essyou35 View Post
No one said anything of the sort. I said it will only cost 15K which for all YOU know I consider that cheap for BVM.

So shovel it.
You are the one that has a 1/8 scale fly eagle F16 that is the same weight as this 1/6 scale F16 with gear that does not work right? How can you have negative things to say when no one has posted a price yet. They are still doing testing and wont release it until the plane is ready for the customer.
Old 10-29-2013, 10:40 AM
  #44  
rcjets12
My Feedback: (21)
 
rcjets12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Palm Bay , FL
Posts: 383
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

I very confused because I have not read on this thread where any is bashing BVM. Everyone knows that BVM has great quality and if they feel that something is not done right they will not sell it until it is corrected. The guys I spoke to said that this Jet will sell for $6000 as a plug and play and if BVM decides to raise the price that's their choice. Either you pay or you don't. I don't understand why everything always has to go to this bashing of one another at the end of the day we are all in this hobby together to have fun and enjoy flying and hang out with each other.

It pretty sad that here on RCU things always have to go into some type of arguing and BS because all it does is keep people away who would to get into this hobby.
Old 10-29-2013, 11:10 AM
  #45  
essyou35
My Feedback: (11)
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Central Midwest
Posts: 1,856
Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts
Default

I havent said anything negative. I just speculated on the price. Its no secret BVM is high priced. I am not saying either way if it is worth it.

And yes I have had issues with my f-16, only because I never get to fly it enough to stay proficient. We got banned from the local airport so that leaves grass, no way with that thing.

Doesnt matter, sold the f-16 to someone with a good runway and got me a mig-29 to join the dark side.



Originally Posted by gunradd View Post
You are the one that has a 1/8 scale fly eagle F16 that is the same weight as this 1/6 scale F16 with gear that does not work right? How can you have negative things to say when no one has posted a price yet. They are still doing testing and wont release it until the plane is ready for the customer.
Old 10-29-2013, 11:36 AM
  #46  
essyou35
My Feedback: (11)
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Central Midwest
Posts: 1,856
Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts
Default

6K for a PNP 1/6 f-16 is a good deal IF its a good jet. I'm in the market for a new one so keeping my eye on this one.
Keep in mind there are people posting who have never flown a turbine powered f-16, some who have never flown a turbine, and some who may not even fly!
Thats why you see it everywhere.

I fly turbines a lot off grass so I need one that can handle grass. But 15k would be out of my price range, I dont own a single jet worth that much (yet).

Originally Posted by rcjets12 View Post
I very confused because I have not read on this thread where any is bashing BVM. Everyone knows that BVM has great quality and if they feel that something is not done right they will not sell it until it is corrected. The guys I spoke to said that this Jet will sell for $6000 as a plug and play and if BVM decides to raise the price that's their choice. Either you pay or you don't. I don't understand why everything always has to go to this bashing of one another at the end of the day we are all in this hobby together to have fun and enjoy flying and hang out with each other.

It pretty sad that here on RCU things always have to go into some type of arguing and BS because all it does is keep people away who would to get into this hobby.
Old 10-29-2013, 02:07 PM
  #47  
SCALECRAFT
My Feedback: (13)
 
SCALECRAFT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: MONTEBELLO, CA
Posts: 2,649
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

I hope the gear system is electric.

Steve
Old 10-29-2013, 02:28 PM
  #48  
Erik R
My Feedback: (32)
 
Erik R's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Fogelsville, PA
Posts: 1,052
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Default

I'm tired of hearing the "no way off grass" thing. I regularly fly a Firebird off grass,have flown a Tam,Aviation Design,and a FEJ F-16 off grass. Also 5 different Bandits, an F-5,F-18,A-4,Hustler,CAI Raptor,among others. Pretty much every jet made flies regularly off our grass field. Not sure why you would say "no way". My Tam F-16 was smaller than yours,and the grass was no problem. At our last event Bob and Dustin flew everything electric in their inventory off our grass.

If you have a gear up landing on grass,you wipe stains off,not repaint the whole bottom of your jet. If you drag a wingtip,you don't sand it down. Well groomed grass,on a smooth surface,definitely has advantages.
Old 10-29-2013, 02:40 PM
  #49  
ravill
My Feedback: (11)
 
ravill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Granite Bay, Ca
Posts: 5,704
Received 90 Likes on 72 Posts
Default

There has never been a plug and play jet from any manufacture that I've seen. You usually HAVE to pay extra to make up to that level. It would be great to see someone finally do that. And it would be great to see BVM doing that.

God KNOWS their stuff is alot of work to put together.
Old 10-29-2013, 03:16 PM
  #50  
essyou35
My Feedback: (11)
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Central Midwest
Posts: 1,856
Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts
Default

Good for you. Lots of jets you have had.

It also depends on the condition of the field, as well as the length of the field itself. My field has a 10 foot fence at the end so I have to pull up in 300 feet. I should clarify, no way I can do my f-16 at my field, without breaking it. Perhaps you are just a way better pilot than me?" I also had a lot of gear collapse issues, finally got it sorted on concrete but grass not so sure.

I fly all kinds electric off grass to what has nothing to do with it. You dont know my situation, my field, nor my jet. I make choices that I feel are safe for my field and my jet and I determined NO WAY. I never felt comfortable and therefore never did it. I fly my JL viperjet weekly from grass, and I had a MB f-86D as well I always flew off grass (I sold it).

I will be flying my SM mig-29 from grass. I've see some FEJ 1/8 fly from grass and it always seems no too long they have some sort of catastrophe. I am sure people do it but I can't.

I'm sorry you are tired of hearing it.

Originally Posted by Erik R View Post
I'm tired of hearing the "no way off grass" thing. I regularly fly a Firebird off grass,have flown a Tam,Aviation Design,and a FEJ F-16 off grass. Also 5 different Bandits, an F-5,F-18,A-4,Hustler,CAI Raptor,among others. Pretty much every jet made flies regularly off our grass field. Not sure why you would say "no way". My Tam F-16 was smaller than yours,and the grass was no problem. At our last event Bob and Dustin flew everything electric in their inventory off our grass.

If you have a gear up landing on grass,you wipe stains off,not repaint the whole bottom of your jet. If you drag a wingtip,you don't sand it down. Well groomed grass,on a smooth surface,definitely has advantages.

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2023 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.