Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

BVM soon to release a new F16 PNP

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

BVM soon to release a new F16 PNP

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2013, 03:54 PM
Erik R
My Feedback: (32)

Received 18 Likes on 11 Posts

Well,300 feet with a 10 ft fence at the end is a different story entirely,grass or not. I would never try to speak to your personal situation,field conditions,or skills. I just have heard too many people have negative things to say about jets off grass in general. I wouldn't want a new jet modeler to be discouraged about flying off grass,due to misinformation that he has heard or read. Nothing personal.

On another note,I apologize for digressing off the topic of this thread. I am an F-16 fan,and am happy if a well made,highly prefab F-16 will be introduced to the market.
Old 10-29-2013, 06:54 PM
Shaun Evans

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by mr_matt
Does that mean that Bobcats and Bandits aren't "BVM jets" either? They are the nicest ARFS I have ever seen and they are not manufactured at BVMs facility.

Really?

Wow. Nice airplanes, yeah, but when I built a BARF, I felt like it was more a nice KIT. Keep it real.
Old 10-29-2013, 09:20 PM
HotelSierra
My Feedback: (9)

Originally Posted by mr_matt
Does that mean that Bobcats and Bandits aren't "BVM jets" either? They are the nicest ARFS I have ever seen and they are not manufactured at BVMs facility.

It all depends on the business model (disty, ODM, OEM, CM) which in all likelihood we won't know officially now, maybe never.
What I think is key is that this is not a BVM designed F-16. The Bobcat and Bandit are his designs, regardless of where they are manufactured. This is simply BVM's way to control competition in the ARF market. I don't blame him. For him this is a good business tactic. Keep your competitors close. Does BVM really need to offer another F-16 since they have Skymaster and Xtremejets F-16s to offer? However, I believe the $6k PNP F-16 option is a threat to existing 1/6 F-16's currently available. I also do believe the added bonus of having the BVM name and all the quality inspections that go along with it, but I really doubt it will be without a huge markup in price. I too was at BITW and talked directly with the importer of this model and he said it will only be exclusively offered thru BVM. This was not the case at the beginning of the week. Having personally inspected the construction and PNP installation, and closely observing the model fly numerous times felt I myself would have liked the option of purchasing direct at a simple $6k. I think it's a great deal at this price point and any minimal inspections and corrections would be my "sweat equity" and a savings over the price increase of a BVM inspected, marketed and re-sold F- I6. Again, I think this Chinese manufacturer got this product right, out of the gate, and I personally would not need BVM to "hand hold" me to assemble and operate this model successfully. I hope I am completely wrong about anticipating a BVM price increase. And before I get flamed for my opinion, I want to be on the record that I have owned several BVM models and support the company's business endeavors. If BVM wants to make a little money by placing his magic hands on this project, then more power to him and let this be a purchase option. I would just like the option of saving a few bucks and purchasing direct with the Chinese importer, he is an American guy who lives in China.
Old 10-30-2013, 06:54 AM
rcjets12
My Feedback: (21)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by YellowAircraft
Really?

Wow. Nice airplanes, yeah, but when I built a BARF, I felt like it was more a nice KIT. Keep it real.
I agree 100% that the BARF is not an ARF but just a painted kit as there is a lot of work that need to be done compared to the traditional ARF out on the market. I'm in the process of building mine and it is not a plane that could be put together in a week unless you work day and night. However at the end of the day you do know that with a BARF you will have one if not the best flying sport jet out in the market.
Old 10-30-2013, 09:36 AM
FalconWings
My Feedback: (57)

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

The BARF is not a 2 day ARF only because it is so nice you really spend extra time trying to get eveything perfect! But it could easily be done in a weekend.
Old 10-30-2013, 12:51 PM
ravill
My Feedback: (11)

Received 90 Likes on 72 Posts

Ha! I'd be hard pressed to call ANY airplane BVM makes an ARF.
Old 10-30-2013, 02:06 PM
JackD
My Feedback: (4)

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by ravill
Ha! I'd be hard pressed to call ANY airplane BVM makes an ARF.
Funny, when the first bandit came out (96-97) it was considered an ARF!!! the alternative was a Ultraviper or aggressor with foam core wings, non gel coat fuse, tons and tons of building. How have times changed
Old 10-30-2013, 02:13 PM
ravill
My Feedback: (11)

Received 90 Likes on 72 Posts

I think one of the reasons BVM's stuff lasts so long and is so robust is that there is that (rather hefty) building component that you have to do to finish it.

I've got an F-100 in the mail and I need to remember these words when I'm elbow deep in BVM pixie building dust it! LOL!

A PNP turbine is a great direction for our hobby and for BVM! As long as FEJ (or other companies like it) don't build it!
Old 10-30-2013, 02:31 PM
jeff sewell
My Feedback: (1)

I may be wrong but I have the JL 1/6th F16 V2 which also weighs in at around 28 pounds dry...looking closely at the images here it looks extremely similar to mine...
Old 10-30-2013, 03:08 PM
Shaun Evans

Originally Posted by FalconWings
The BARF is not a 2 day ARF only because it is so nice you really spend extra time trying to get eveything perfect! But it could easily be done in a weekend.
Well,

You're a damn sight better than me, then! Anyway, yes, this is a smart move for BV.
Old 10-30-2013, 04:01 PM
Doug Cronkhite
My Feedback: (34)

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

The PNP aspect actually has me a little worried to be honest. By taking out the steps of at least SOME building or assembly, I worry that you're setting up a situation where someone doesn't have the capacity to recognize when something might be going wrong, or how to fix it if it does. For the majority of modelers who've built an airplane like this before, this won't be an issue, but it's always the edge cases that cause the most damage IMO.
Old 10-30-2013, 04:36 PM
gunradd
My Feedback: (9)

Received 50 Likes on 43 Posts

I hear ya Doug but it also goes both ways. The way Ive seen some of these jets put together they would be better off having it done right for them.
Old 10-30-2013, 04:53 PM
mikedenilin
My Feedback: (67)

Received 27 Likes on 15 Posts

HI Doug, your concert has great merit to it. We have been working on PNP concept for years now. PNP not for every jet and for every pilot, but there is a demand for that now as more new pilots are coming from the RTF prop or EDF PNP era. We always assign an adviser to the new pilot/owner and make sure that he learns how to service them. Even if it's all assembled at the factory, the owner is advised to take all servo trays out, check all connections while installing servos, batteries and receivers. The F-16 is relatively easy for factory's trained technicians to install and QC, so the risk of PNP is smaller.
Mike
Old 10-30-2013, 05:34 PM
rcjets12
My Feedback: (21)

Originally Posted by jeff sewell
I may be wrong but I have the JL 1/6th F16 V2 which also weighs in at around 28 pounds dry...looking closely at the images here it looks extremely similar to mine...
I have to agree looking at the JL one that we sell it almost identical and if compared the JL sells for around $3650 with Landing gear, missiles and installation of gear, doors ect. Painted in the mold the cockpit is extra. That leaves you with around $2300 for servos and the rest of the electronics so you could get the JL cheaper by the time your done with the electronics you choose. Just my opinion.
Old 10-30-2013, 06:47 PM
dfnhdhjian

This looks really good, any idea of the price range?
Old 10-31-2013, 04:49 AM
teambutter
My Feedback: (36)

A few on here have mentioned it to be around 6K from what they had heard at BITW, however many feel this jet after going through BVM will be closer to 7K. This is not based on any factual info simply summarizing what has already been posted.
Old 10-31-2013, 05:01 AM
FalconWings
My Feedback: (57)

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

I really doubt it. If you had $7K to spend at BVM, would you spend it on this or something much nicer like an F-100D? I still think ~$4K is the target, similar to Go Fly Price for a BARF MK2. If it is more than that, then I would expect top notch BVM quality on it.
I mean, as nice as this F-16 looks, can I yank it at 250mph without fear of wings folding? no right? Then I cannot cost more than a BARF. ha ha!

(wishful thinking )
Old 10-31-2013, 05:27 AM
teambutter
My Feedback: (36)

That is indeed wishful thinking! LOL! Like I said, the info I passed along was merely 3rd party but I have heard from someone at BVM that this PNP version would be at least the price mentioned at BITW which was 6k. Keep in mind Dave Ribbe who is a BVM rep said that price was only because of the difficulty in shipping the models from BITW. It would lead me to believe that the target price would exceed that.
Old 11-01-2013, 11:07 AM
tulz161

A few pics on bvm's site: http://bvmjets.com/HotShots/Monster13/Monster2013.htm
Old 11-01-2013, 02:15 PM
Doug Cronkhite
My Feedback: (34)

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Who's Mig-15 is that? It's the same size at the Ultra Bandit and 80" F-86?
Old 11-02-2013, 06:30 AM
Chris Smith
My Feedback: (2)

Originally Posted by mikedenilin
PNP not for every jet and for every pilot, but there is a demand for that now as more new pilots are coming from the RTF prop or EDF PNP era.
Mike
Where is the demand for PNP coming from? Prop and EDF? Or is it a move within the jet pilot population toward paying more in order to get in the air faster? If jet manufacturers move in the PNP direction, is it really because they think their market will grow?

Maybe so. At the risk of being cynical here, newer pilot non-builders could mean more jets put in the air that no-one has really looked at closely. Not that manufacturers ever cut corners...
Old 01-20-2014, 10:18 AM
ddennison
My Feedback: (15)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

HAs anyone recieved one of these yet?
Old 01-20-2014, 10:27 AM
cyphur01

Mine should be here this week
Old 01-20-2014, 01:22 PM
ddennison
My Feedback: (15)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thanks. I would love to hear what you think once you get it. Might fill a gap for me this year, assuming I could get one...

Dave
Old 01-20-2014, 01:26 PM
cyphur01

No problem. I plan to take plenty of pictures. Maybe a YouTube video of Unboxing and a time lapse of assembly is in order. Hopefully my best friend boomersooner will make the drive over to assemble this thing with me. I've heard rumors that it only takes 8-10 hours to assemble. We shall see.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.