Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Best transmitter system - 2,4 Ghz.

Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Best transmitter system - 2,4 Ghz.

Old 11-23-2013, 07:02 AM
xtnjsjnjian
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You are using one of the best.
Old 11-23-2013, 07:34 AM
Falcon 64

It`s not how safe I am. But to be safe as it gets.!

Last edited by Falcon 64; 11-23-2013 at 07:36 AM.
Old 11-23-2013, 07:55 AM
Falcon 64

In World Jets Masters, you find this.. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a67Ieq4fCZM
Spectrum, what really sorts you that this is the place to be? Bad antennas, to much alu in the finised surface?

I want to come down to the source..
Who can serve me the best there is? AND why?
Old 11-23-2013, 10:24 AM
ash 26

Originally Posted by Falcon 64 View Post
I know you do, David. And I thank you for your input .

But funny how things works for some and not for others, how come..?
Anyway, exiting when a "newcomer" enters the arena whith it`s own thing, have done their things for a long time now, not just "a add" to what we have any longer.
Infact it`s a big happening in a very limited market! Finally a holdinhand product, outragous advanced and needs YOU guys to check it out.
Olnico is free to chime in anytime and explain us how and why this transmitting system is better. Hopefully it`s not only the Giga Control that is the subject, like a feature.. The signal, and how safe to be. Weatronic uses a FHSS as MPX do, what have they done to it to differ from the others?
I try to line ut for all of us in this thread, what, how & why is there ONE system that cuts the edge?
Is there really one system that`s superior?..
My hope for the end of the thread is to have one "winner".
And I promise, after 30 years whith Multiplex, I`ll change brand instantly if it can be convinced there is a "winner"..
Futaba have made 2,4 in the industry for 20 years, it seems they know something about this frequensy...

Anyway, I hope this thread can get you som inputs in how, who and why. So those who can, feel free to teach us..

All I can say to you is that M-Link has been working flawless for me since it has come out in large scale gliders jets and big petrol models with my P4000 and the Royal pro no need for power boxes with the Pro Rx I have been looking at many other systems over the last few years but have come to the conclusion that it works for me and my moto is if it works why change in the new year I will be getting my new Profi TX and am very confident that I will be very happy customer as it has never let me down in the last 35 y
just my opinion

Andy
Old 11-23-2013, 11:28 AM
luv2flyrc
My Feedback: (6)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I know you do, David. And I thank you for your input .

Olnico is free to chime in anytime and explain us how and why this transmitting system is better. Hopefully it`s not only the Giga Control that is the subject, like a feature.. The signal, and how safe to be. Weatronic uses a FHSS as MPX do, what have they done to it to differ from the others?
I try to line ut for all of us in this thread, what, how & why is there ONE system that cuts the edge?
Is there really one system that`s superior?..
Here's why I choose Weatronic and what I believe is "different" about the Weatronic system.

Weatronic sends two completely independent 2.4gig signals from the transmitter to the receiver ( which is actually two receivers in one unit) so, there's complete redundancy of the RF link. Only Jeti does this as well.

Weatronic FHSS hops across the entire 81 channels of the 2.4gig band offering more resilience to interference. Not sure about Jeti, Futaba and Spek hop across a portion of the band ( approx
30 channels)

Weatronic "looks" ahead and avoids busy channels or interference rather than randomly hopping onto those channels as Futaba and Spek do,

Weatronic tells you if you are losing range or if you have lost the RF signal. Jeti does this too, Futaba does not, not sure about Spek ( i know my 12x doesn't).

Weatronic records all RF information on a micro SD card at every second of the flight. Every 1/100 of a second if you dump the info into Excel. This info includes RSSI, Tx frames (both transmitters), RX frames (both receivers), incidents ie. loss of telemetry, lock outs, servo positions, any sensor info such as GPS, voltages, currents, ETC. All can be reviewed live or later on PC. The wealth of information allows you analyze the data and determine the cause of a problem if one occured.

Weatronic offers receivers that include built in 3 axis gyros. The larger receivers include power management (ie. powerbox but, more powerful in flexibility).

Weatronic transmitter uses Patch antennae , the larger Gizmo receivers have the option of using Patch antennae as well. This allows for a 360 degree sphere of antennae coverage around the aircraft and no weak areas of transmission at the TX. Using patch antennae also has the same effect as almost doubling the power output.

There are many, many more features to the Weatronic system that would almost take a book to write about. Some other systems have a few of the Wea features but, no one else has all of them.

Is it complicated? Yes, it can be but, it is such a powerful system, it is complex by nature.

How's the customer service? It was CRAP, this was the achilles heel, it's changing though , I have seen improvement in the 3 years I've been using it. Now that several USA dealers are on board, it should improve tremendously.

Hope that helps

Mike

Last edited by luv2flyrc; 11-23-2013 at 11:35 AM.
Old 11-23-2013, 12:28 PM
Falcon 64

Originally Posted by ash 26 View Post
All I can say to you is that M-Link has been working flawless for me since it has come out in large scale gliders jets and big petrol models with my P4000 and the Royal pro no need for power boxes with the Pro Rx I have been looking at many other systems over the last few years but have come to the conclusion that it works for me and my moto is if it works why change in the new year I will be getting my new Profi TX and am very confident that I will be very happy customer as it has never let me down in the last 35 y
just my opinion

Andy
You start whith all I couldn`t say, I`ll do ditto after you.
All I can say, I have to be convinced.. I`m NOT experienced whith my M-Link yet, but will hopefully get there.
I do big gliders yes, the next up is infact the biggest ASK 21 ever seen, and I`ll get there.

But this is jets.. We won`t ever feel a need for a homing device, at least not in jets, voted ok.....Then this sorts out in the start if this thread, and it`s ON topic.
What really is the best signature, the upper most signal to NEVER LET YOU DOWN? Ever.... This is the meaning of this thread..

Think about what you have invested in that plane infront of you, think about, is EVERYTHING ok..?
Do you have the slightest question about anything in this matter?

If you do, post it here!..

Last edited by Falcon 64; 11-23-2013 at 12:35 PM. Reason: add
Old 11-23-2013, 12:36 PM
jetster81

I can categorically state that I have never lost a plane on 35 meg or 2.4 using Multiplex radio in around 30years of use, for me it is utterly reliable.
Old 11-23-2013, 01:22 PM
David Gladwin

Received 42 Likes on 30 Posts

After seeing my friends ASH 31 12k usd sailplane going down on it`s third flight, and datas showing there were faults on the two first flights also,
Now that speaks volumes.

If he had bothered to take a look at the downlinked data after the first flight (which is what I always do, it seems the obvious thing to do with a new installation or model ) then he would have seen the problem and been able to correct it before further flight ! If it was indeed a radio problem it would all be logged on the SD card and revealed by GigaControl. Its one of the great strengths of this system in that even if you DO have a crash, the data, logged in the Tx will show the performance of the entire radio system in great detail. As Mike said, he could even have his copilot monitor all the data in real time on a laptop as I did with Lance Campbell's big SR71 at Dayton. It soon became apparent that aerial location was not good, we changed them, things improved considerably, the new patch antennae are now giving excellent results. I remember one pilot crashing at the JWM in Meiringen, (the Finnish Hawk) the cause of which he will never know, and another (Morne's F104) whose model went free flight on two occasions, still unexplained. A Weatronic system would have revealed any radio problem and perhaps even prevented the problems if the alarms (Rf strength and battery performance) had been set up correctly which is very easy to do on the software.

Its an entirely crash-proof "black box".

I also run the data through GiGa after every flying session, just to see that all is well. (it always is, so far !) It is very reassuring to see the radio performance in numerical values.

One other super function Mike did not mention is the automatic battery check on switch-on (larger receivers), and the warning if battery switchover occurred in flight, pure gold.

That said, I would love to come go to a jet meeting in Norway and show it working ! Let me know the dates and I may be able to incorporate it into a planned driving holiday up the Fjords of your beautiful country. I could also bring my new big Paritech sailplane with a Wren 44 booster fitted with a Wea receiver, variometer (which works brilliantly and has greatly extended my flight durations, and GPS.

David.

PS I think the biggest ASK 21 I have ever seen was the one I was flying in, superb machine, great for aerobatics !

Last edited by David Gladwin; 11-23-2013 at 01:49 PM.
Old 11-23-2013, 02:48 PM
Jeti USA

This one, Jeti DS-16:
- 32 channels
- Dual RF Module, 4x Antennas
- Voice, Alarms, Telemetry, Music....
- Accelerometers, Gyros
- Wireless Programming
- Wireless Switches
- EX Bus, UDI, PPM Out/In digital protocols

And I had almost all of them, Futaba 8-18MZ, Spektrum 7-8-9-18, JR9303-9530, 12X, Multiplex Evo 9-12

But trued to be told, at this age almost any system is very good. It all comes down to your requirements and future expectations.

Last edited by Jeti USA; 11-23-2013 at 02:52 PM.
Old 11-23-2013, 02:50 PM
Jeti USA

And Jeti has also this:
First ever Fuel Flow Sensor. Made by Jeti, MFlow T is first ever true fuel flow sensor. It will be coming in 2x versions, one for Jets and one for Gas/Glow applications.

For people who do not use Jeti DC/DS-16 radios, you still can take advantage of this sensor. Jeti ProfiBox with MFlow sensor and Jeti R3 transceiver (Receiver) can be used as independent telemetry.

Zb/Esprit Model
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0593c.jpg
Views:	54
Size:	1.94 MB
ID:	1941577  
Old 11-23-2013, 04:33 PM
Mgarmy

Graupner/SJ has worked very well for me especially with telemetry.

www.openhobby.com
Old 11-23-2013, 05:21 PM
rmh

I thought the question was which tx is best - not which one can you spend the most money on.
Old 11-23-2013, 05:48 PM
[email protected]
My Feedback: (1)

i have 10 futaba radios on 72>> started in 1970 buying them no trouble i have a plane for each>> each radio is marked to a plane>>
Old 11-23-2013, 08:02 PM
rmh

You see these posts 'The serious flyers in our club fly only the finest (most expensive?)
I am as serious about having as good time as the next guy and I don't have to compare price tags to know that I am likely having more fun than he is .
PS My radio equipment works perfectly and it costs less than five hundred bucks .
I once built my own radios - so deciding which is a value and which is just expensive - it not difficult task.
Can I afford the most expensive ones ?

Knowing I spent three times what a good system costs would make unable to sleep at night.
I can't afford that .

Last edited by rmh; 11-23-2013 at 08:10 PM.
Old 11-24-2013, 12:42 AM
David Gladwin

Received 42 Likes on 30 Posts

That Jeti looks fabulous but I have never seen one, or seen it advertised in the magazines I read. I will most certainly investigate it further.

David.
Old 11-24-2013, 12:50 AM
jetster81

Originally Posted by David Gladwin View Post
That Jeti looks fabulous but I have never seen one, or seen it advertised in the magazines I read. I will most certainly investigate it further.

David.
Really? I am surprised. You can take a look at them at Puffin Models in the UK
Old 11-24-2013, 01:28 AM
JohnMac

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by jetster81 View Post
Really? I am surprised. You can take a look at them at Puffin Models in the UK
or Electric Wingman where I bought mine.
https://www.electricwingman.com/jeti...ansmitter.aspx
John
Old 11-24-2013, 04:19 AM
Dave Wilshere

Received 285 Likes on 223 Posts

A recent test in one of the UK model magazines said that the JR DMSS system was the best set up. Mine has been faultless. Just like my DMS-2 JR systems. Anyone can have issues with any system, the installer has the biggest factor. How they handle fragile components, connections etc etc. You need to understand the system, its needs and then it will probably work fine. There were a lot of idiots slagging off Spektrum when it was released as they didn't understand the battery requirements, didn't understand what had been happening on their Mhz radios for years, but were "getting away with it" I still use the earliest AR 7000 Rx's from Spektrum with the slow update...in a 200mph EDF and its never missed a beat because I put the Rx, remote in the best place and used a PB switch and li-po

Go for what you like, understand, can get help with...
Old 11-24-2013, 04:25 AM
rmh

absolutely - The idea that paying a lot , makes the rf link better , is simply wistful thinking.
Old 11-24-2013, 06:23 AM
Jeti USA

David.
Here you go:[h=2]We Made the Cover, DS-16 Review Now Available![/h]Check out the November issue of AMA Model Aviation magazine featuring the Jeti DS-16 Radio System. On Newsstands October 20[SUP]th[/SUP], 2013. Get your copy and read first part of the review of this revolutionary RC system!

(Click Here for Download)

Old 11-24-2013, 07:34 AM
rmh

Is this a forum or a place for posting ads?
Dummy up!
Moderator ! What do you say?
Old 11-24-2013, 07:50 AM
Jeremy300
My Feedback: (6)

Originally Posted by rmh View Post
Is this a forum or a place for posting ads?
Dummy up!
Moderator ! What do you say?
Ummm, the OP asked for the best transmitter system so the dealer for Jeti is simply extolling the virtues of the system.
Old 11-24-2013, 08:00 AM
rmh

Would you like me to list it's shortcomings?
lets be serious.
Old 11-24-2013, 08:17 AM
[email protected]
My Feedback: (1)

Default transmitters

buy what you like and enjoy it
Old 11-24-2013, 08:53 AM
Falcon 64

Now that speaks volumes.

If he had bothered to take a look at the downlinked data after the first flight (which is what I always do, it seems the obvious thing to do with a new installation or model ) then he would have seen the problem and been able to correct it before further flight ! If it was indeed a radio problem it would all be logged on the SD card and revealed by GigaControl. Its one of the great strengths of this system in that even if you DO have a crash, the data, logged in the Tx will show the performance of the entire radio system in great detail. As Mike said, he could even have his copilot monitor all the data in real time on a laptop as I did with Lance Campbell's big SR71 at Dayton. It soon became apparent that aerial location was not good, we changed them, things improved considerably, the new patch antennae are now giving excellent results. I remember one pilot crashing at the JWM in Meiringen, (the Finnish Hawk) the cause of which he will never know, and another (Morne's F104) whose model went free flight on two occasions, still unexplained. A Weatronic system would have revealed any radio problem and perhaps even prevented the problems if the alarms (Rf strength and battery performance) had been set up correctly which is very easy to do on the software.

Its an entirely crash-proof "black box".

I also run the data through GiGa after every flying session, just to see that all is well. (it always is, so far !) It is very reassuring to see the radio performance in numerical values.

One other super function Mike did not mention is the automatic battery check on switch-on (larger receivers), and the warning if battery switchover occurred in flight, pure gold.

That said, I would love to come go to a jet meeting in Norway and show it working ! Let me know the dates and I may be able to incorporate it into a planned driving holiday up the Fjords of your beautiful country. I could also bring my new big Paritech sailplane with a Wren 44 booster fitted with a Wea receiver, variometer (which works brilliantly and has greatly extended my flight durations, and GPS.

David.

PS I think the biggest ASK 21 I have ever seen was the one I was flying in, superb machine, great for aerobatics !
In this spesific case the pilot could`t notice anything wrong on the two previous flights, and on the third it entered a deathspiral reaching a incredible speed as it was started about 400 meters height.
The datas showed there was analysed here in Norway and concluded among people who knows the Giga-control, BUT after sending it in to Weatronic the answer was "probably an pilot error"!.....
Now this is very interesting as the pilot is one of the best model sailplane pilots in the world.. I guess Weatronic didn`t know that.

A problem could easily be showed via a telemetry showing RSSSI, and it was a fully normal installation whith plenty of space in the cockpit.
Any other radio, and my friend would be a happy one today.
I know several cases Weatronic have grounded the model permanently, but this spesific case is unusual because of the statement from Weatronic.
There was several jetpilots using the system some years ago, but they went away from it.

Welcome to Jetpower in Fyresdal in early June next year! It`s a big international event with celebritys included.
And a trip further north to vistit the fjords is a must if you first have taken the trip over here.
Accomodation could be offered you if you would be interested.

Last edited by Falcon 64; 11-24-2013 at 10:24 AM.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.