Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Difference in FEJ pricing regarding China vs. other countries?

Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Difference in FEJ pricing regarding China vs. other countries?

Old 12-14-2013, 07:08 AM
Airplanes400
My Feedback: (349)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Difference in FEJ pricing regarding China vs. other countries?

I posted this in another FEJ thread, but thought this topic deserved it's own thread for those interested in learning, or commenting about this.

I was looking at some of the 169 threads about unhappy experiences with FEJ and came across another "interesting" fact about FEJ. What a surprise that was, huh?

It seems that FEJ "just happened to coincidentally produce an exact copy (including size)" of a J-10 that was designed by another Chinese manufacturer, and is charging less than the original manufacturer is. ALSO, it appears that FEJ is charging $903.00 more for their J10 jet to non-Chinese customers. Isn't that nice!

Here's the link to that thread;
Strange Statement on FEJ's Website. They are being sued?

Based on current currency exchanges, 12800 RMB (CNY) is equal to $2092.78 USD (the price Chinese people are paying) while the FEJ website lists the jet for $2995.00 USD

I assume this price difference to non-Chinese customers is also typical for other jets that FEJ sells. Which also explains why FEJ is pulling the prices off their website.

FEJ claims they lowered the price to make the jet more affordable for the locals ... You decide whether you want to believe that or not.

But an interesting thing to see is that in line 5 of the attached screenshot, FEJ has shareholders. I wonder who those could be?

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Currency12.14.13.JPG
Views:	167
Size:	92.0 KB
ID:	1947404   Click image for larger version

Name:	FEJ J10.JPG
Views:	153
Size:	154.3 KB
ID:	1947405   Click image for larger version

Name:	FEJ Shareholders.JPG
Views:	146
Size:	169.7 KB
ID:	1947406  
Old 12-14-2013, 02:49 PM
PaulD
My Feedback: (39)

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Who cares? Don't buy Chinese made jets and u won't have this problem.

I have to admit though I own a Boomerang Elan and I suspect they are made in China somewhere and I'm sure I paid too much but until somebody comes up with a jet with the capabilities of the Elan I'll have to tough it out.

PaulD
Old 12-14-2013, 07:14 PM
ira d

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Just about anything hobby related will be made in China, Most engines with turbines being the exception and almost all airframes and most radios are made in China.
Old 12-14-2013, 08:09 PM
Wayne22
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

fortunately to most educated hobby consumers, it does not matter...............
Old 12-14-2013, 11:57 PM
Jetflyer3000
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by PaulD
Who cares? Don't buy Chinese made jets and u won't have this problem.

I have to admit though I own a Boomerang Elan and I suspect they are made in China somewhere and I'm sure I paid too much but until somebody comes up with a jet with the capabilities of the Elan I'll have to tough it out.

PaulD
It has already happened it is called the Xcalibar
Old 12-15-2013, 05:42 AM
Airplanes400
My Feedback: (349)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

One of the obvious conclusions, besides FEJ ripping off competitor's designs, is that FEJ does absolutely no R&D other than to buy a competitor's jet, and make a cast out of it.
Then they make a few changes to linkages that are totally inadequate, and keep the same paint job as the original manufacturer! Then they call it their own jet.

So, they don't spend any money on R&D to test the jet. That keeps their costs low & profits high.
Then, they mass produce it, and put into the market at a lower cost only because they have no R&D costs. The customer ends up buying a completely untested airframe.

While the fiberglass frame of the jet isn't the direct cause of a failure/crash, the supporting bulkheads, honeycomb ribs, and mechanisms "designed" by FEJ are!

FEJ does not have any engineers; they have inept copy-cats.