Dummy engines for installation

Subscribe
I've made dummy engines for some friends and I thought some of you too might want a dummy engine. The use of the dummy is to keep the real gem out of the messy build while still getting the proper CG and avoid suprises when installing the real one. The purpose was not to make 100% super scale models. So far I have made the P20 and Kolibri turbines. My 3D printer is limited to a 8" cube, but it's easy to assemble multiple parts as long as the engine diameter is less then 8"

I made the dummy with a ballast tube for lead shots to obtain the proper weight too.

Here is the P20

Hi friend:

I am working in the same thing, but P200
I will show you the result.

Carlos.
Very good and interesting but isn't it easy to just wrap/cover the real engine in say cling film and use that. Are you perhaps over complicating and over engineering ?
Quote: Very good and interesting but isn't it easy to just wrap/cover the real engine in say cling film and use that. Are you perhaps over complicating and over engineering ?
This might not be for everyone, but I always find places to use it. For example, I have/had 4 Kolibri engines. Sounds like plenty but two are in for upgrades, one are just sold with my Swist and one is at the moment used for flight testing of the Ready2fly Yak130 convertion. So I need a dummy for my on going projects.

My local hobbyshop use my dummys when making the convertion kits for foamies. They just can't take a P20 or Kolibri of the shelf, wrap it in plastic as it's not theirs, it's new items for customers.

I just sent one to Vasa model to adjust his new "Victory" high end fiberglass speedster for the P20 too.

So still alot of use - still alot of people finding other ways

This might be overdoing it though

Very nice Henke. Did not think of 3D-print when I made these:

P100Rx, P160-SE, P160-SX and P200-SX with brackets.

The outer dimensions are to scale. Compressor and inner just for illustration )

Should any of you guys want to make a 3D-print of one of these, please post a note about it and I will send the STL-files. I could make it as Step-files too, should you want to make some modifications, disable brackets ets.

Feel free to ask, I'm not associated to JetCAT, just made the models from my own turbines for fun ( and some friends here that needed bracket holes and contours. )
And yes, they are free of charge :-) ( that we like )

regards and safe flying / happy building.
Lars

P100Rx.jpg   P160-SE-Assembly.jpg   P160-SX-Assembly.jpg   P200-SX-Assembly.jpg  

Quote: Very nice Henke. Did not think of 3D-print when I made these:

Should any of you guys want to make a 3D-print of one of these, please post a note about it and I will send the STL-files. I could make it as Step-files too, should you want to make some modifications, disable brackets ets.

Feel free to ask, I'm not associated to JetCAT, just made the models from my own turbines for fun ( and some friends here that needed bracket holes and contours. )

Lars
Looks super! I'll send you a PM in a bit
geeks

REAL jetpilots just have enough engines around
Quote: geeks

REAL jetpilots just have enough engines around
Haha I agree 100% Some where I thought 4 were enough, but now I know it was a stupid thought.
The dummy turbine only make sense when is the same weigh is the real turbine engine for perfect setup if the turbine is in service or use in other jet so you installation is 100% cg and ready for flight when the real turbine go in.
Quote: The dummy turbine only make sense when is the same weigh is the real turbine engine for perfect setup if the turbine is in service or use in other jet so you installation is 100% cg and ready for flight when the real turbine go in.

They are prepared with a ballast tube(hollow center) for lead shots. P20 needs to be loaded to 372grams and Kolibri about 260grams depending on the exact version. So weight will be right

I added the new Lambert Super Kolibri and Kingtech K60 to my CAD archive too.

"Lambert T50! "

Is this turbine for real, a concept or even worse just a dream
Its stated dimensions and power are extraordinary.
Quote:
"Lambert T50! "

Is this turbine for real, a concept or even worse just a dream
Its stated dimensions and power are extraordinary.
Ø65mm(2.56in) Length 172mm(6.77in), weight ~420grams. Enginge exists and willl undergo testing the coming weeks. Only the case were at display at Jetpower. Power output will be the least problem if knowing Lambert right. With his new facility I have hopes for production times to be resonable too. We'll see

(Martin said it will be a T40 and T50, and that the engine are calculated to do more then that - we'lll see)

Very nice work Henke! Glad to hear that Vasa is tweaking the Victory as I want one of those next year for my P20. Also that T50 looks very interesting for the Ready2Fly 'Super Viper'!!
Your 3D CAD models of the Jet Cat Turbines
Quote: Very nice Henke. Did not think of 3D-print when I made these:

Lars

May i please obtain those 3D CAD models of the jetcat turbines?
v/r,
Keith Brock