Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Smaller old FEJ hawk install pics needed

Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Smaller old FEJ hawk install pics needed

Old 04-20-2014, 04:59 PM
CFII1974
My Feedback: (5)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Smaller old FEJ hawk install pics needed

I am building the smaller none Honeycomb FEJ hawk and would love to see a few install pics. Specifically the turbine and pipe placement. The pipe and turbine seem to set pretty far back to me in my test fit. I am using a Kingtech P100 and my assumption is the back of the pipe sits just inside the rear of the plane. Any other install pic would be great to. I only have 2 pages of pics to go off of for the build and no CG info or Elevator center info so if you happen to have that too great!
Thanks for any help!

Dave
Old 04-21-2014, 04:05 AM
luv2flyrc
My Feedback: (6)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Dave, no pics for you but, have a good look at the tail section/ elevator set up on this aircraft. A friend had the elevators depart his on a straight and level mid speed pass about 4 yrs ago. The construction of the tail was very poor with elevator rods being secured in balsa blocks etc.

Just a heads up.

Mike
Old 04-21-2014, 06:38 AM
CFII1974
My Feedback: (5)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks Mike. Here is a pic of my tail setup. It's the newer version I believe right before they went honeycomb. With FEJ's rep I have gone through the plane just making sure everything was ply and actually glued together lol. Hopefully someone will chime in here with some pics of what I need.

Dave
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	20140320_135059.jpg
Views:	52
Size:	3.67 MB
ID:	1988658  

Last edited by CFII1974; 04-21-2014 at 06:41 AM.