Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

BVM Plug and Play F16

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

BVM Plug and Play F16

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2014, 11:46 AM
smchale
My Feedback: (67)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

And a few on the ground.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	233
Size:	257.8 KB
ID:	2017513   Click image for larger version

Views:	234
Size:	191.3 KB
ID:	2017514   Click image for larger version

Views:	291
Size:	205.9 KB
ID:	2017515  
Old 07-26-2014, 04:51 PM
Dieselman1220
My Feedback: (25)

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Great pics Sean
Old 07-27-2014, 11:30 PM
Ragz

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Im wondering if this airplane will be presented at Jet Power in Sep?
Old 07-28-2014, 01:48 AM
mikedenilin

Received 27 Likes on 15 Posts

Hi Anurag.

Our German division will be flying JL F16 PNP at Jet Power Germany. Come to our booth and check it out. Thanks.

Mike
Old 07-28-2014, 06:55 AM
gunradd
My Feedback: (9)

Received 50 Likes on 43 Posts

I disagree Malcom

Wile yes its the same plane when you get it through BVM you also get support that did not exist before. This plane is not perfect and has issues. BVM address those issues where everyone else just sold it with the issues and let the customer deal with it(Global im sure address some of the problems also). To name a few...

1.The stock main landing gear strut springs are way to weak and makes the plane sit wrong. JL dealers did nothing BVM is supplying new ones
2.The ordanance comes with holes drilled way the hell off from the wing holes. JL dealers did nothing BVM is making them use a jig now for the holes.
3.BVM reps have flown it and give you a Confident CG setting along with cards to set the proper throws.
4.BVM reps give you the transmitter programming if your using a DX18 so on the first flight you already have all the roll coupling and other trims done.
5.BVM shows up at the events so you can always get parts to keep you in the air. We had a nose gear problem at FLjets and Dustin himself came over and replaced the gear locking cylinder himself to keep us flying. If you would have gotten it through a JL dealer we would have been grounded the rest of the event and would have to wait who knows how long on a replacement from china.
6. Same as 5. Sean broke his pitot tube at Kentucky jets and that holds the nose cone on. BVM had one in stock so no big deal. No need to wait for months getting one from China.
7. BVM supplied weights to balance the stabs.

That is just to name a few things off the top of my head. You cant put a price on service like that. So please take the negative comments some where else.

Originally Posted by Starrjet2
The bvm plug an play F 16 is exactly the same airframe as the jet legend F16 ,made in the same factory by the same people,,the only difference is the price! Everybody knows it and if anyone doubts that I am perfectly willing to show anyone the letter from Jet legend stating the fact that they will no longer supply the American dealers with the F16 because Bob Violett had purchased the exclusive rights to sell that model in the United States and thus he is able to charge twice the price that I had sold the same airplane for to my customers here in Florida and South America .He didn't do it for you the modeler , he did it to line his own pockets with a well tried well proven airframe.And if you think that's sour grapes , your damn right it is !!! Malcolm Kay

Malcolm Kay Models eight year
Jet legend Agent
Old 07-28-2014, 07:03 AM
ddennison
My Feedback: (15)

So do I need to exchange my main gear springs? I got mine in February and it was ins tock at BVM which means it was probably made in NOv 2013-Jan 2014. I have not received any notification from BVM if they are offering an update?
Old 07-28-2014, 07:20 AM
Dustin Buescher

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm testing some stuff. The springs become an issue after hard landings or strapping in the trailer fully compressed. Ask me how I know. LOL No crisis on this subject. If you need springs, give me a call. Most people do not.
Old 07-28-2014, 08:02 AM
ddennison

Will watch, thanks Dustin.
Mine travels wheels up.
DD
Old 07-28-2014, 08:41 AM
Starrjet2

Gunradd I won't argue with you at all if you are happy with what you bought ,then I'm happy for you, but no matter how much smoke and mirrors are put out , it's still jet legends airplane ,and you can still buy the same plane in Europe for half the BVM price and get all the service you need, that's my two cents worth and my last word on the subject.MK
Old 07-28-2014, 08:41 AM
kasi122

Hi,

I have my JL F16 over 4 years now and over 200 flights. My landingear is all but not weak!!. Why do you gays talk things bad, that are not true!!!
My plane was perfect and everything fitted very good. BVM will have a good service, but i think this service will not cost nearly the double price of the JL F16 ;-)
The cg settings have changed in the meantime and everyone now nows the correct settings , so no extra service from bvm

best regards
Andreas
Old 07-28-2014, 01:09 PM
bskyinc

I usually do not enter these P.....g M.....s, but something to consider for the US buyers of
this aircraft. I would be surprised if there were any former reps or retailers of this airframe that attend the same amount of events or keep in stock the replacement parts or have the technical expertise that you get when you buy from BVM! If I am incorrect feel free to provide the evidence
Old 07-28-2014, 03:52 PM
smchale

Originally Posted by Dieselman1220
Great pics Sean
Thanks Joseph, all the credit goes to Smitty...not only is he an awesome pilot, but he's great with the camera too!
Old 07-28-2014, 03:55 PM
smchale

Originally Posted by bskyinc
I usually do not enter these P.....g M.....s, but something to consider for the US buyers of
this aircraft. I would be surprised if there were any former reps or retailers of this airframe that attend the same amount of events or keep in stock the replacement parts or have the technical expertise that you get when you buy from BVM! If I am incorrect feel free to provide the evidence
Couldnt agree more, the support from bvm is industry leading. I managed to miss the runway on one of my landings at Kentucky (don't ask) and besides a bruised ego, I was able to walk over to the bvm booth, and for $14 in parts I was back flying again. When you travel hundreds of miles to an event it's nice to know the support travels too.
Old 07-28-2014, 04:00 PM
Doolittleraider
My Feedback: (72)

Nothing like a hit and run in a thread. You can spew a bunch of trash and then run away if you want to. It just further demonstrates your statements have real no merit, and you are low on integrity.If your are going to blatantly verbally attack someone's business model than you should stick around to qualify your statements. More importantly address the valid points that have been brought up.I'll bring some more points for you to address. Last I saw, Jet legend never had a plug and play F-16 with full light package. I also disagree with you that oversees customer support (and or yours) compares to BVM. I challenge you to answer the above post by bsky. Furthermore, this is America and if someone has an idea and can make money selling jets and making customers happy what's the problem? If it was such a rip off he wouldn't be selling all those F-16's you see at events. We are all grown men here, you think we were all coned and you had to save the day? Maybe your disheartened you didn't have the foresight or economic resources to duplicate that business model? BVM is not known for being cheap. Its known for quality and great customer service. So is Apple. Maybe some of your die hard followers will chime in and sing your praises. Unfortunately, you'll have a long way to go to match the years of feedback BVM has. I also have a BVM F-16 and no complaints here, I m very happy. I would agree 100 percent with all the other customers who have posted here on RCU. If people think its a rip off and don't want to buy it, then buy someone else's jet. Plenty of people have LG phones.
Old 07-28-2014, 04:42 PM
roger.alli

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

+1 Doolittle.

I see it as nothing more than a business decision. BVM and JL have agreed on a supply contract that mutually benefits both parties. That is how business works. Sometimes a third party suffers, but business is first and foremost about making money.

I do get annoyed when people say that BV is in the game simply to line his own pockets.. BVM is a company that employs a good number of staff. (And very talented hard working staff from the people I have contact with). Only if BVM is a financial success, can it continue to do so. These people all benefit from BVM making money.
For goodness sake, BVM even managers to successfully manufacture model jet airframes in the hi wage economy of the USA!! That demands respect.

To get back on topic.. If you buy a PNP F-16 from BVM, you will have purchased a “Success Jet”.
Old 07-28-2014, 08:33 PM
gtoro26
My Feedback: (2)

my 2c
i have been a proud owner of 4 jl f16's 1/6 all purchased through MK he was a friend before becoming my jl rep
anything i needed i never had to wait for it was always delivered timely. my last f16 unfortunately went in due to engine issue
and i went back to him and he told me he could no longer supply me with a new model
and come to find out that if i wanted the exact same set up it would cost me almost double. for the people like myself who cant afford to shell out 7k or so for this model all at once its kinda of a bummer because it is my favorite scale model to fly
modelers should be able to explore more than one avenue not be channeled
im not saying at all anything negative
or anything about a company's support it just should be available to everyone with options
Old 07-30-2014, 07:40 PM
JoeEagle
My Feedback: (26)

I must be a bit slow, but for those who purchased a JL F-16, you all keep stating that it was approximately 1/2 the price of the BVM model.

so are you saying that you had a fully configured, all servos, landing gear, valves, sequencers, ect aircraft except for RX (and turbine) for 3200? so the airframe and LG were like 2200? that seems like a really low cost.

My BVM F-16 should ship this week. I'm sure I'll be very happy.
Old 07-30-2014, 07:44 PM
mr_matt
My Feedback: (10)

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

BVM states that he "partners with" Premier Aircraft (I assume that means he gets it from them), so if it (originally) comes from JetLegend it makes a stop (or a virtual stop) somewhere else with some sort of value added. So it does not appear to be a regular JetLegend kit.
Old 07-31-2014, 07:59 AM
Starrjet2

Joe you must have different reading glasses to everyone else BVM ,s price for the plug n play 1/6 scale F 16 is $7,749 plus four hundred dollars shipping
mr Matt premier aircraft do not exist they are figment of BV..s imagination, and I have many clients who own this airplane complete with lights gear servos tanks plug an play if you like for $4500 including shipping and they come direct from JL in exactly the same way as all BVS customers everything done for you and so on. I just want you to know the truth, I have no beef with Dustin or the new owners of BVM. I just feel it's unfair for the American jet fraternity to have to pay three thousand dollars more for the same exact article as your European pilot can obtain in any other country , that's my point,if you can't understand that then that's ok,
Old 07-31-2014, 08:20 AM
FalconWings
My Feedback: (57)

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Joe you must have different reading glasses to everyone else BVM ,s price for the plug n play 1/6 scale F 16 is $7,749 plus four hundred dollars shipping
mr Matt premier aircraft do not exist they are figment of BV..s imagination, and I have many clients who own this airplane complete with lights gear servos tanks plug an play if you like for $4500 including shipping and they come direct from JL in exactly the same way as all BVS customers everything done for you and so on. I just want you to know the truth, I have no beef with Dustin or the new owners of BVM. I just feel it's unfair for the American jet fraternity to have to pay three thousand dollars more for the same exact article as your European pilot can obtain in any other country , that's my point,if you can't understand that then that's ok,
woha! what??
Old 07-31-2014, 11:22 AM
ravill
My Feedback: (11)

Received 90 Likes on 72 Posts

Yikes!

I'm sure we enterprising American's will find a work around!
Old 07-31-2014, 01:57 PM
why_fly_high
My Feedback: (19)

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts

Only time will tell. It will continue to sell well and the people buying them will be happy, BVM will be happy, and Jet Legend will be happy. If it can so easily be done for $3k less then someone else will come in and do it. If people stop thinking it is worth $7K then BVM and Jet Legend will want out of the deal.
Old 08-01-2014, 01:09 AM
bluescoobydoo

my f16 came from uk JL rep and is perfect, the gear is very strong trust me I have tested it very well, bvm just looked at the $ they could make by taking the work from other JL reps. that's low for any firm to do. I will never do anything with company's like that

Last edited by bluescoobydoo; 08-01-2014 at 10:14 AM.
Old 08-01-2014, 06:57 AM
ddennison

MY F16 is ready to go after a short retrun trip to Jetcat with the 140 RX...

Just out of curiousity, where do we go to see this JL version of plug-n-play on the internet if you can't make it to Jet Power? I had heard that the JL version would have JR servos, is that correct?
Old 08-01-2014, 03:10 PM
smaze17
My Feedback: (60)

Originally Posted by bluescoobydoo
my f16 came from uk JL rep and is perfect, the gear is very strong trust me I have tested it very well, bvm just looked at the $ they could make by taking the work from other JL reps. that's low for any firm to do. I will never do anything with company's like that
Again, JL AGREED to this merger....why the hostility towards BVM? You say that you "will never to anything with company's like that"...well then, you better wash your hands with JL as well because they themselves apparently "took work away" from their reps with this BV/JL union.

Last edited by smaze17; 08-01-2014 at 03:13 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.