Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

BVM Plug and Play F16

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

BVM Plug and Play F16

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2014, 09:06 AM
bluescoobydoo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

unfortunately my one turned up 1 week before the new version was released(even jeff didn't know it was coming) but I am more than happy with it wren 160 for power, braincube lighting controller, lights from lightingforaeromodelers.co.uk, futaba for radio and hitek servos, 6014 receiver with a orbit powerjack and powerbox Gemini switch simple and very effective
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0791.JPG
Views:	1301
Size:	302.4 KB
ID:	2021123   Click image for larger version

Name:	F16 d.jpg
Views:	1470
Size:	3.80 MB
ID:	2021124   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0794.JPG
Views:	1338
Size:	620.7 KB
ID:	2021126  
Old 08-09-2014, 09:25 AM
bri6672
My Feedback: (6)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Good to see this thread back on track. I think everyone has had a chance to voice there opinions! Now we can focus on cool pictures and making airplane noises!
Old 08-09-2014, 09:59 AM
John Tancock

I do like the camo schemes!
G1, G2 they all seem to fly well, I do like the removable nose on the G2 it makes balancing a lot easier.
It seems to be trend at the moment of keeping the install simple, the Gemini is a great unit!
Are you using different flyIing conditions?
I'd like to get my hands on the BVM setup, going by what I've read so far they have really taken the guess work out of it!

JT
Old 08-09-2014, 11:43 AM
bluescoobydoo

pictures on grass strip is raydon flying club its a old usa ww2 p47 base still has the original buildings we use as club huts, one of them is the old ammo magazine, other pictures is the raf woodbridge air base jet flying club three miles of dead strait tarmac plenty of room to do what ever you want.
raydon has a open jet meet later in the year come along and join in.
Old 08-09-2014, 12:53 PM
John Tancock

Is that a JMA event?
What are the dates, I would love to come along?
Old 08-09-2014, 01:01 PM
bluescoobydoo

No it is just a open jet event you will need to register just so numbers can be assessed club web site is radmac.co.uk registration is later in year
Old 08-10-2014, 04:04 PM
bevar
My Feedback: (27)

Well, the BVM Jets "Try it, fly it and then if you like it buy it" program just got another check mark in the SOLD! column today. After a through preflight introduction to the highlights and improvements to the airframe, examples on where the detailed paint and decals are actually true scale and not like some of the other examples sold on the market that are not correct, I wrung it out and was convinced...it's a true winner. Hopefully I will have mine in the next 30 days or so.

I'll take an extra large serving of Purple Koolaid now...but make mine sugar free please!

Beave

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	photo 1.JPG
Views:	1425
Size:	530.0 KB
ID:	2021422   Click image for larger version

Name:	photo 8.JPG
Views:	1393
Size:	492.0 KB
ID:	2021423  

Last edited by bevar; 08-10-2014 at 04:08 PM.
Old 08-10-2014, 04:42 PM
Bob_B
My Feedback: (11)

Received 82 Likes on 71 Posts

Congrats Boli!
Old 08-10-2014, 04:48 PM
bri6672

Nice!!! Now put a K210G in it and wring her out!!!!!!
Old 08-10-2014, 06:23 PM
gunradd
My Feedback: (9)

Received 50 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by bri6672
Nice!!! Now put a K210G in it and wring her out!!!!!!
LOL its to light of an airframe for a 210. 140 is perfect for flying with no ordnance. 180 is perfect when she is all loaded up.
Old 08-10-2014, 08:48 PM
bri6672

Originally Posted by gunradd
LOL its to light of an airframe for a 210. 140 is perfect for flying with no ordnance. 180 is perfect when she is all loaded up.
BOOOOOO!!! Let's see the price difference is nothing, it weighs less and has the same fuel economy as the 180!! It's a no brainer! I'm picking up my 210 tomorrow! Can't wait to bolt her in to my new Skymaster F-18F!!
Old 08-11-2014, 03:32 AM
gunradd

Originally Posted by bri6672
BOOOOOO!!! Let's see the price difference is nothing, it weighs less and has the same fuel economy as the 180!! It's a no brainer! I'm picking up my 210 tomorrow! Can't wait to bolt her in to my new Skymaster F-18F!!
Yea I hear you Brian I have been talking lots of people into the 210s instead of the 180s just for that reason. The 210s that I have flown have been a tad better on fuel then the 180. The 210 also runs allot cooler with that new machined compressor.

Only thing is I saw the jetlegend version of this plane rip the alignment spar out of the front of the wing. But he had a mamouth. The 210 would be fine but you need to use the left stick and not be dumb with the power.
Old 08-11-2014, 07:58 AM
bluescoobydoo

what are the highlights and improvements to the airframe?
Old 08-11-2014, 03:22 PM
Airplanes400
My Feedback: (349)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by schroedm
Anurag, why not just pick up a JetLegend F16 and install the radio yourself? Same plane? I don't get the hype around this model when half the people who bought it probably wouldn't buy a JetLegend F-16.

Emperor's clothes maybe............
This point has been discussed. BVM did several upgrades when they attached their name to this F-16. Plus, it is ready to fly with all parts installed the BVM way (the right way).
The only complaint I ever hear about BVM is the price.

Like the old saying ... Buy cheap, buy twice.

I can't afford to buy twice, so I buy BVM, and I fly it all day long.
Old 08-11-2014, 03:58 PM
John Tancock

Here we go again, off topic and into politics!
I would also like to know what the improvements are, I don't care about the price just a constructive answer with some photos for good measure!
This is my hobby and it's nice to hear about new products, no soap boxes are required!
Old 08-12-2014, 08:28 AM
bluescoobydoo

I cant see what needs improving that's why I ask, putting on something you don't need and charging you for it is what I cannot abide, but there is always someone who thinks they are getting something that's worth having, that's the sort of people bvm are looking for I suppose.
each to their own
Old 08-12-2014, 08:41 AM
tulz161

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by bluescoobydoo
I cant see what needs improving that's why I ask, putting on something you don't need and charging you for it is what I cannot abide, but there is always someone who thinks they are getting something that's worth having, that's the sort of people bvm are looking for I suppose.
each to their own
Why are you so worked up over this? You don't even live in the states.

Don't forget you are also paying for PNP. Not all of us have the time to build. I'm sure if you purchased direct from jetlegend and had someone build it for you. It would come out to about the same price.

Last edited by tulz161; 08-12-2014 at 08:43 AM.
Old 08-12-2014, 08:46 AM
smchale
My Feedback: (67)

The original poster was asking specifically about the bvm PNP F-16 and requesting input from owners of that version of the model. It baffles me to read your personal crusade to disparage bvm and those who have purchased this model (myself included). If you are happy with your f-16 and the support you get then great, but why expend the energy here to share an opinion that wasn't requested?
Old 08-12-2014, 09:30 AM
bluescoobydoo

I just cant see why jet legend was rubbish one second with loads of horror stories about them coming apart with bad landing gear and as soon as bvm put their name on them it all changes, that's why I asked what bvm are changing to make it worth 1000's more. I have nothing against bvm at all.
in my earlier post I stated that they have taken good quality jets from people who don't have deep pockets by stopping other supplier's selling them. I thought other's reading this would have supported the wider jet community.
hope jl and bvm do well out of this but as f16's have been around for ever and most brands sell a version of it I would have thought selling it to the elite only would shrink their market in the us
but as you said why do I care about the jet flyer in usa? it seems I care from this side of the pond more than the people they fly with
Old 08-12-2014, 09:37 AM
tulz161

So you're just totally writing off the fact that it is pnp and can be ready to fly in a short amount of time?
Old 08-12-2014, 09:49 AM
bluescoobydoo

I understand that but do you know what brand of servos they are using? did they do everything as well as you hope? these are the things you know for sure when you build it yourself and when it come's to the maiden if something goes wrong could you live with the fact you don't know for sure who is at fault.
the f16 is a quick build anyway, you are not saving yourself much in time with the pnp
Old 08-12-2014, 10:00 AM
tulz161

Isn't that where BVM's well known customer service comes in? I'm sure when I do purchase it'll save me a lot of time.
Old 08-12-2014, 10:53 AM
gunradd

The one I put together was all done right. I removed all the servo hatches to double check and they where all good and even centered already. Really it was PNP in regards to that. The landing gear and doors has worked great from day 1.

Some of the changes that they where working on are as follows. Not sure how many of these have been done for the kits so far.
>Balanced stabs
>Stronger springs for main gear
>Making the factory use a jig for the ordnance hard points so they line up. (Mine where way off and had to fill the holes with hysol and make new ones)
>A more scale and bigger pilot seat (not sure how long this will take but guy from china at FLjets was taking feedback and was going to work on it)
>BVM supplies you with a very good instruction manual and static wicks.
>Dustin who has flown the heck out of them is just a short phone call away for tips parts you name it.
>Also Dan who is their guy in China is a great guy that I met at FLjets and again in Kentucky can talk both languages and is making sure these things are right before we get them and helping the changes to make them better go through on the China side.

Pretty extensive supply of gear parts and other easy to break parts are in stock at BVM and also spares at all events.

BVM goes the extra mile and that alone is worth the extra $$
Old 08-14-2014, 07:52 AM
JohnMac

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by tulz161
Isn't that where BVM's well known customer service comes in? I'm sure when I do purchase it'll save me a lot of time.
BVM Service? Are you serious? Maybe you can get some service in the US, but here in the UK it seems that service is a thing of the past. My model shop has placed an order in June and paid for it in advance for items, including some for me. He cannot get any sense out of BVM.
This is keeping two of my jets grounded, and from what I understand, several other customers models too. I won't be buying any more BVM as clearly, they are only interested in selling the company right now, not looking after customers.
John

Last edited by JohnMac; 08-14-2014 at 08:11 AM.
Old 08-14-2014, 03:34 PM
roger.alli

Originally Posted by JohnMac
BVM Service? Are you serious? Maybe you can get some service in the US, but here in the UK it seems that service is a thing of the past. My model shop has placed an order in June and paid for it in advance for items, including some for me. He cannot get any sense out of BVM.
This is keeping two of my jets grounded, and from what I understand, several other customers models too. I won't be buying any more BVM as clearly, they are only interested in selling the company right now, not looking after customers.
John
This is certainly not my experience, (I’m in Australia).. I deal direct with BVMs office in Florida, and in the past year have placed 3 orders with them. 1 Kit and 2 parts orders.. They have mostly delivered on time, and of the parts they could not supply, they advised me of the expected delays and shipped these promptly.

I find a phone call to them gets excellent results.

Roger

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.