Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Carf - Models J-10 build thread

Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Carf - Models J-10 build thread

Old 05-18-2020, 11:50 PM
bake

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Have a CARF J-10 with K210 motor. Keep getting a flame out when doing Flat spins. If spins are kept gentle all is OK. No air in UAT. Debating if there is a Turbine inlet air problem others may know about?? Seen some J10's online with large air holes cut out of tail cone.

Thanks in advance.
Old 05-19-2020, 04:10 AM
Bobneal1
My Feedback: (21)

Default Flat Spins

I like to do flat spins . I donít spin real fast and I have not had any engine issues. I donít know how much time is on your engine but you might have worn bearings. The gyroscopic loads on turbine bearings are much higher in thrust vectoring aircraft. I have my bearings changed at 12-14 hours instead of the usual 25.

I can say that intake air flow is not the problem unless yours is somehow obstructed.

if you can hover with no issues then your intake air flow is fine.
Old 05-19-2020, 11:12 AM
bake

Originally Posted by Bobneal1 View Post
I like to do flat spins . I donít spin real fast and I have not had any engine issues. I donít know how much time is on your engine but you might have worn bearings. The gyroscopic loads on turbine bearings are much higher in thrust vectoring aircraft. I have my bearings changed at 12-14 hours instead of the usual 25.

I can say that intake air flow is not the problem unless yours is somehow obstructed.

if you can hover with no issues then your intake air flow is fine.
Thanks.....
K210 is new less than an hour on it. Can hover the the J10 with no flame out issues. Positive and Negative flips No issues, Just moderate speed flat spins and she flames out. IF its not an air intake into turbine issue and there is no air in UAT, nor fuel leaks down stream of pump, maybe I need to start looking at wiring issue??

NOTE: 3 Flame outs in 6 flights and the K210 has auto restarted every time before I ever made it to the runway. I either kept flying or at least did full pattern approach before landing under power.
Old 05-19-2020, 01:50 PM
Airforce7
My Feedback: (31)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default J-10

Flew mine on a JC P-180 and did plenty of spins and never had an issue. I do have a couple of KingTechs in two other jets and one of the things I noticed that bothers me about the system connection is the cable leads into the ECU. They have a lot of side-to-side play after connection. Iíve not had any issues but maybe there could be A greater potential for intermittent connection when doing the spins?? Just a guess. Sounds like your fuel system is OK. What kind of UAT are you using? I had a BVM UAT in mine.
Old 05-19-2020, 01:57 PM
bake

I have a BVM UAT in it.
Will have a look at possible wiring issues.
Old 05-19-2020, 02:14 PM
Bobneal1
My Feedback: (21)

What does your ECU say the reason for the flameout was?
Old 05-20-2020, 12:13 AM
bake

Failed to ever check it after flame out flights. Last flight it did not flame out and of course it now shows: UserOff
Old 05-23-2020, 09:05 AM
husafreak
My Feedback: (3)

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

FWIW, Like Ken I found the servo lead connections to my King Tech ECU to be very loose. One thing I have done (starting with my helis, which have high G, loads years ago) is run a bead or blob of hot melt glue along the ECU case top and servo type plugs. Don't get it into the case! It just holds everything together and is easily peeled off for service. It's nice that the KT ECU is metal cased because that trick can damage the stickers on some case tops.
Old 06-28-2020, 06:54 AM
Canadian Man
My Feedback: (1)

Received 23 Likes on 17 Posts

Just incase your interested! Very cool Aircraft! After seeing this thing fly in person a few times it has sparked my interest!