Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Big, HUGE Kudos to John Redman and JetCat

Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Big, HUGE Kudos to John Redman and JetCat

Old 10-21-2014, 12:03 PM
ravill
My Feedback: (11)

Received 90 Likes on 72 Posts
Default Big, HUGE Kudos to John Redman and JetCat

We make it down to buttonwillow and my friend's brand new P100 was showing some wear on the bearings.

What did John Redman do? He handed him a brand new P100. On. The. Spot.

Now that's service.

On day two, my propane start Titan SE would just not start! How often does propane start have problems?!

John Redman and his crew came over and we spent quite a while trying to get it sorted. It was concluded that the engine likely had internal problems.

I was bummed as that is the engine in my brand new F-100D Hun.

Just as I finished pulling the Titan out, John Redman walks over, and hands me a P160SX to put in as a loaner to keep on flying. I kept on flying that day, and the next.

Although, I've been frustrated with with JetCat's turn around in the past, John and his crew assure me that service is a top priority at jetcat.

And after seeing this kind of service, I'm a believer!

Thank you John! Thank you JetCat.
Old 10-21-2014, 12:45 PM
BILLYDSRC

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Guys like John and his crew Keep a BIG smile on all our faces "Awesome customer service JetCat"
Thanks Billy D
Old 10-21-2014, 08:18 PM
George
My Feedback: (57)

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Although not at BITW this year, I've also recently been on the receiving end of John's great customer service! After an initial misunderstanding, he bent over backwards to make everything right.

Thanks again John!!!
Old 10-21-2014, 08:57 PM
bevar
My Feedback: (27)

John is top notch and first class. It is his selfless dedication, honesty and his integrity that are making Jetcat USA #1 again.

Way to go John!

Boli
Old 10-22-2014, 08:09 AM
Ron Stahl
My Feedback: (12)

Originally Posted by bevar View Post
John is top notch and first class. It is his selfless dedication, honesty and his integrity that are making Jetcat USA #1 again.

Way to go John!

Boli
Ditto. Love my Jetcats they just run and run and run.
Old 10-22-2014, 12:40 PM
marquisvns

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Same idea, but from a slightly different reason, John Redman spotted and supported my early flights on the F-14 at Fresno Jets (#5 through #9 to be exact). He would not hesitate should I need his help again, talk about friendly competition, this man is a gentlemen.

Cheers,
Barry
Old 10-22-2014, 12:47 PM
ravill
My Feedback: (11)

Received 90 Likes on 72 Posts

I did have to leave my Titan SE with them for service. This has always been my biggest concern in the past.

I have no doubt that my service will be as expeditious as possible.

Again, it was a really cool to go from pretty much bummed (because my jet was down for the weekend) to HELL YEAH I'm flying again!
Old 10-22-2014, 03:41 PM
bskyinc

John is a stand up no BS guy, that would give the shirt off hs back if it kept u flying. JetCat my cost a little more, but worth every penny. I won't fly anything else!
Old 10-23-2014, 09:30 PM
stevekott

Glad to hear all the great things about John's performance. Bob Wilcox is a tough act to follow.

I think I have 9 Jetcats now for P-70's to a P-200 and it's great to hear that the support has made the transition sounds like it is Awesome
Old 10-23-2014, 11:28 PM
bri6672
My Feedback: (6)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I as well had a great expierence, my p120 started acting up a week and half before BITW, I called John and he said send it in and we will get you back flying in time! Sure enough he had it back to me in 1 week and it performed flawlessly all weekend at BITW. I also came across a great deal on a used jet there that had a p60 in it, the owner had zero history on the turbine since he was not the original owner... John went out of his way to get me the history right there on the spot and his tech Corney even ran it up for me to confirm it was good to go. I can't ask for a better expierence!

Thanks again John!

Brian
Old 10-24-2014, 11:18 AM
mr_matt
My Feedback: (10)

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by stevekott View Post
I think I have 9 Jetcats now for P-70's to a P-200 and it's great to hear that the support has made the transition sounds like it is Awesome
Yes John inherited some issues that is for sure. I recently sent him a P-60 and made it clear I did not need it and to put it at the back of the line, etc etc. I got it back in 2 weeks I think. Great service.
Old 10-24-2014, 06:21 PM
turnnburn
My Feedback: (49)

Can't say I have had the same good dealings with the new management at Jet Cat. Called in for technical help and was told John was busy on a phone call and that I could wait for his call to end or leave a call back number. Never got the call back. Called in a second time and did talk to John but he wasnt very interested in helping me it didnt seem. Later after that same day ( one month ago) I sent a follow up e mail with a question related to our phone conversation. Never got a reply. Sent a second email about a week ago on entirely new subject with one or two questions. No reply. What is the point of having an email listed for technical assistance if they have no intention of answering the received emails ??? Unimpressed so far
Old 10-25-2014, 07:03 AM
mikes68charger
My Feedback: (34)

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

I have to say John as become a great asset to JetCat.

While he is a very busy person you have to remember that Jetcat is more than a 2 person operation and there will always be a lot of different customers needing help no matter how great your product is

I just received my p120 back this week. It was an older p120 no SE. I sent it in to get the SE upgrades as my SN was way above the cut off listed on their website. But for some reason things were not what they should of been inside my motor and what should of been a $400 upgrade ended up costing John a little over $1800. As this was not my fault or even his as it must of happened before his time I was worried. But John told me that he would take care of me no matter what and they did.

You can't ask for more than that

While I like my Kingtecks I love the fact you can send in your older motors for updates ie kero start or upgrades. Can't say that about other turbine companies. That high level of service takes a great team and time
Old 10-25-2014, 07:34 AM
Shaun Evans

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Turnnburn,

Do you mind if I ask what the issue you needed help with was? I hope it got resolved one way or the other, and I hope you give them another chance. Even the very best at customer service have issues from time to time as I'm sure you know. It's super frustrating when you're the one where the issue pops up, but just know that people aren't making this stuff up about Redman. I've had my share of head-butts with him, but his commitment to service can't be denied. He's no huge fan of mine personally, but when I've needed help with a product (including products in direct competition with his), he's bent over backwards to help me get back in the air. I've shared some of those specific stories over the years, but suffice to say that your experience is definitely a fluke. I've been in the hobby for 20+ years and I've only seen a handful of guys with his kind of willingness to help people.
Old 10-25-2014, 09:35 AM
yeahbaby
My Feedback: (21)

Received 28 Likes on 27 Posts

+1
Old 10-25-2014, 11:32 AM
Airforce7
My Feedback: (31)

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

+2
Old 10-25-2014, 08:41 PM
DUCMOZ

Received 24 Likes on 20 Posts

I have always gotten to talk to John when i needed and he has returned my call without much delays. We have to remember that a business like Jetcat gets a bunch of junk e-mails from all over the world and that makes it impossible to attend to all e-mails .

Behzad