Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Help with a first flight around Denver, CO

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Help with a first flight around Denver, CO

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2014, 08:43 PM
zx10rracer
My Feedback: (6)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help with a first flight around Denver, CO

Hey Everyone,

After a year and a half long build, and some great advise that lead to some lengthy but good changes from fellow pilots, I've recently finished my F-18E Super Hornet. It has been tested as far as 2 lower speed taxi / shake down tests and I believe it is ready to see some time in the air. I don't have my turbine waiver yet so I'm looking for help both in making sure the plane is fully ready for a maiden flight, as well as getting my waiver. I did have a pilot out of Co Springs look over the plane and we were about to do the maiden when a flap servo burnt up, re-hinged the flap and installed bigger servos, met up with him and there were some very bad crosswinds so we didn't even get the plane out, but I haven't been able to get ahold of him since. Looking for any seasoned jet fliers are available on Sundays or Mondays and willing to help check out, and possibly even get this bird into the air.
Thanks guys!
Old 11-27-2014, 08:00 PM
sidgates
My Feedback: (2)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ZX10rracer,
I am not qualified to test fly your F-18 and there are a couple of guys I think are qualified. If I can help in other ways let me know. I fly my jets at Chatfield. Direct email is [email protected] or phone 303-757-7019

Sid Gates