Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Unilight System

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Unilight System

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2022, 12:25 PM
AEROSHELDON
My Feedback: (99)

Received 80 Likes on 64 Posts

Doesn't the Booma one step the voltage up to 13 Volts? That might kill a Unilight.... ?
Old 01-13-2022, 12:26 PM
Dansy
My Feedback: (53)

Received 159 Likes on 142 Posts

Originally Posted by AEROSHELDON
Doesn't the Booma one step the voltage up to 13 Volts? That might kill a Unilight.... ?
‘They can take 3S just need to add the resistor for each lights…
Old 01-13-2022, 12:40 PM
terryscustom

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Agrav8ed
Can you elaborate on this a bit please. I am still waiting for my Unilight to arrive. So its not possible to get the landing lights to come on if you have a light pattern?
Thanks,
Tone
For instance on the 4 channel if you hook it up to a servo tester, as you go through the sweep of travel the patterns of the lights change in how they blink come on and off etc. So you have to do a mix say for landing lights to come on when gear is down, that mix has to move the light channel to exactly that spot for the lights to be in that configuration. For gear up lights off the mix has to move the light channel to a different specific location in the travel. Very peculiar, I was expecting the programmability like the 8ch controller but the product descriptions are very vague.
Old 05-04-2022, 09:23 AM
jimkron

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

Hey All,
I've run out of channels on my receiver. How can I set-up and run a Black.4 without going through a transmitter/rx?
Thanks,
Jim
Old 07-28-2022, 02:29 PM
RC Technics

I hope someone can help me. I just received my lightning system including a economy 8 controller.

Is it possible to connect to my computer without the USB programmer?

Paul
Old 01-28-2023, 05:11 PM
marksp
My Feedback: (9)

Received 23 Likes on 21 Posts

I inadvertently connected 3S LiPo while bench programming...inline 8V resistor didn't last long. Does anyone have a source for replacement resistors? I assume LED still ok?

Old 01-31-2023, 06:56 PM
marksp
My Feedback: (9)

Received 23 Likes on 21 Posts

Found the replacement resistor for the uniLIGHT PIN10F-080x2-RT

5.6Ohm, 2W

:-)
Old 11-21-2023, 12:37 AM
jedda747

Default Unilight

hi guys I have the 4 ch black controller my problem is all lights function well with the exception of ch 1 strobes , when I retract my landing gear strobes switch off but when I extend the landing gear the lights all function as programmed which is what is supposed to happen, am I doing something wrong
kind regards
jedda
Old 11-22-2023, 07:01 AM
CraigG
My Feedback: (40)

Received 35 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by jedda747
hi guys I have the 4 ch black controller my problem is all lights function well with the exception of ch 1 strobes , when I retract my landing gear strobes switch off but when I extend the landing gear the lights all function as programmed which is what is supposed to happen, am I doing something wrong
kind regards
jedda
Sounds like you might have a mix that is changing the output value on your lights channel. Watch the servo monitor on your transmitter and see if the value changes on the channel you use to control the lights, when you move the retract switch. If so, figure out why.

If that's not it, try adjusting the value of your light channel setting a few percent. I've found that there is a narrow band/range of values for each light sequence option and if you are too close to the edge of the band, the controller might intermittently select the adjacent sequence.
Old 11-22-2023, 03:40 PM
jedda747

Originally Posted by CraigG
Sounds like you might have a mix that is changing the output value on your lights channel. Watch the servo monitor on your transmitter and see if the value changes on the channel you use to control the lights, when you move the retract switch. If so, figure out why.

If that's not it, try adjusting the value of your light channel setting a few percent. I've found that there is a narrow band/range of values for each light sequence option and if you are too close to the edge of the band, the controller might intermittently select the adjacent sequence.
thanks Craig g for the reply I’ve pretty much done all that with no success I’ll have to keep persevering with this issue
Old 12-12-2023, 04:31 AM
CraigG
My Feedback: (40)

Received 35 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by jedda747
thanks Craig g for the reply I’ve pretty much done all that with no success I’ll have to keep persevering with this issue
Did you ever figure this one out? Sure seems strange.