Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

A little bug for me with the latest Futaba 18mz software update. 2.5.1 Anyone else?

Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

A little bug for me with the latest Futaba 18mz software update. 2.5.1 Anyone else?

Old 01-13-2016, 09:11 AM
afterburner
My Feedback: (18)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by RonTins
Wonderful!! I'll have it updated then very soon. With regards to turbine telemetry, is there any device available to link with Futaba's SBus2 to provide information on the transmitter for JetCentral turbines?
It works but Futaba has not worked on getting the nomenclature correct for many of the parameters. The EGT and RPM are correct but for the others you can't specify so they default to temperature sensors. The ranges for some of them are too restrictive as well.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	20141113_115317.jpg
Views:	55
Size:	1.90 MB
ID:	2141200  
Old 01-29-2016, 10:46 AM
RonTins

My 18MZ has been updated with the latest version of the operating system and slowly adding on telemetry sensors. With the PowerBox Teleconverter connected via SBUS2, 16 slots are utilized and so far, I have not figured a way of renaming the parameters to a meaningful name. I also wish that the number of slots can be increased with another update to accomodate aditional sensors that span multiple slots.
Old 01-29-2016, 11:53 AM
Carsten Groen

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

This is exactly why I don't use the JetCat sensor type in the 18MZ for my own telemetry units. It makes no sense to consume all these slots, what if you have two engines ? You are basically out of luck... There are SO many things that could be done differently in that transmitter regarding telemetry, I keep crossing my fingers that they at some point figures this out
Old 01-29-2016, 01:22 PM
afterburner

Originally Posted by Carsten Groen
This is exactly why I don't use the JetCat sensor type in the 18MZ for my own telemetry units. It makes no sense to consume all these slots, what if you have two engines ? You are basically out of luck... There are SO many things that could be done differently in that transmitter regarding telemetry, I keep crossing my fingers that they at some point figures this out
Be careful, your fingers may get permanently stuck in that position before they do anything
Old 01-29-2016, 01:25 PM
Bob_B
My Feedback: (11)

Received 82 Likes on 71 Posts

Come on Marty tell us how you really feel about this topic!
Old 01-29-2016, 01:27 PM
afterburner

Originally Posted by Bob_B
Come on Marty tell us how you really feel about this topic!
Hey, I've been good lately. Every once in a while I have to chime in with useless comments!
Old 01-29-2016, 01:32 PM
Bob_B
My Feedback: (11)

Received 82 Likes on 71 Posts

Hell, that just made my day, laughing my ass off!
Old 01-30-2016, 01:47 AM
Carsten Groen

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by afterburner
Be careful, your fingers may get permanently stuck in that position before they do anything
I'm getting more and more afraid that you might be right
Old 04-13-2016, 07:50 PM
AKB
My Feedback: (6)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Hi Fellows
Just wondering if any of you have downloaded the new Software Upgrade of Version 2.5.3. I am starting the install of the CB Electronics Data Conversion FEPC, and as I am loading the sensors in the slots for telemetry, I notice that not all the choices are available in the Sensor Page of the linkage section. I have been scared off doing the last software upgrades after reading what has been experienced by others in this thread about issues. One of the sensors that were asked for in the CB instructions was CUR-F1678 and that is not listed in that page. Is that because I haven't done the upgrade? Any others done the new upgrade and have any feedback as far as telemetry issues, being helped or made worse.

Thanks for the help.

Alan
Old 04-14-2016, 08:42 AM
stevekott

Yes, you need to update. It's pretty easy. Just put the Update files on the SD card. Flip the tiny switch over the top of the slot and power up. There are some nice features with the new update including the sensors you are looking for. Good Luck!
Old 04-14-2016, 06:26 PM
AKB
My Feedback: (6)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by stevekott
Yes, you need to update. It's pretty easy. Just put the Update files on the SD card. Flip the tiny switch over the top of the slot and power up. There are some nice features with the new update including the sensors you are looking for. Good Luck!
Hey thanks Steve we will get on it.